Quantcast

Queen Sugar: Season 3 Episode 9, "The Tree and Stone were One" Wed, July 25th @ 10pm on OWN

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,489 947 356
Alleybux
I really enjoyed that Charlie read Remy for filth this episode and reminded how self righteous and hypocritical he was towards her for almost two seasons.

Micah better burn his tainted sneakers and delete that picture he took of the cabin and the names before it burned down or it will cause him prejudice.

I knew Keke had a damn good reason not to hang with this crew any longer.

I think the manager is a good guy and I hope that he doesn't try to screw Violet over.

Nola really is still my favorite despite the writers doing their best to try and ruin her. Dating a married white cop was edging and controversial but this thing with Remy after he was sniffling your sister panties even though it didn't went further than that, is not the business.

No comment on RA and his mess with his women.

lemon_drop

Been On these LSA Streetz for a Decade
Reaction score
Reactions
27,026 1,091 565
Alleybux
So Charley just gon take this on the chin, like she does everything else? I hate this! :mad:
I know right. I just wanna see her go the FCK off on all these people who keep doing her wrong. I know she wants to be the bigger person or whatever but her inability to express anger kinda makes her look weak.

Her reaction to Remy's confession was lame af & unrealistic to me : "You're fleeting." Seriously Charlie, your ex is creeping with your sis, and that's all you can say? When Davis admitted he had a 13 year old love child, her reaction was equally as lame & unrealistic. sh!t, scream..yell...curse his ass out. Do SOMETHING besides stand there looking confused.

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,136 1,637 622
Alleybux
Darla ain't ish with that 70% 30% split when Ernest worked his way into a grave providing for the child she pretty much gave up to go get high and prostitute herself. She's turned cold now that she saw him with Trinh who I'm not here for anyway and is over stepping her bounds. She sin't thinking about how this will hurt Blue in the end because now him finding out about paternity is inevitable during this court battle.

Remy is such a piece of sh!t. He didn't need to mess with Nova and nothing can convince me otherwise that he didn't do this as some sick revenge BS. He came over to rub it in her face. I can't wait till Aunt Vi finds out. Remy won't be over for no get togethers any time soon.

Everything seems to happen to Charley. When she snaps on her family and leaves they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Micah's dumb ass would g back to the scene of the crime wearing red paint stained shoes. Why did thy need candles anyway and why not put them on the grass instead of the house? Somebody gone get caught. I'm sure they were on camera at some point, maybe when they were there earlier on the big house porch

Raspberry8515

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,910 1,560 194
Alleybux
I’ve always been a good judge of character & I feel so justified about how I felt about Remy. I couldn’t stand him from jump...I knew the good guy schtick was an act, I also knew he was jealous of Charley. He only wants to date Nova to say to Charley “it’s something wrong with YOU.”

Charley is out of his league and was very sure of herself when the show started. Even after David cheated on her which would usually break a woman. Someone women could admire. He damn near stalked her and pushed back when she finally started to have feelings for him. It makes Remy feel better about himself to knock her confidence down a few pegs to his level. And out of all of the women to choose you go after her sister? He's trying to break her.

lemon_drop

Been On these LSA Streetz for a Decade
Reaction score
Reactions
27,026 1,091 565
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag

I’m so done with the show

These new friends of Micah’s were a bad idea. Should’ve stayed back with Kiki at drill practice

RA only leaving his other love interest alone now bc of Darla :disdain

Darla whose in and out of Blue’s life every 15Min demanding more time. SMH

Vi getting ripped off in this business venture

I’m done with Remy & Nova. This show has gone full Bold & the Beautiful just sleeping with their sister’s men out here is cute

Nova is foul trying to put the decision on Charley knowing it’s wrong

Remy has the NERVE to show up at Charley’s house & ask for a blessing & pretend this is something normal

All the buildup of what could’ve been an amazing love story between Charley & Remy went up in flames for erect. Might as well call the show Jerry Springer. SMH

Nova only likes drama & dysfunctional.
She doesn’t want happiness

I’m really pissed. Like there’s literally nothing positive on this show or anyVing to root for anymore

Only scene that looks promising next week is Vi telling Nova she doesn’t have a soul parading around with her sister’s ex

I don’t even care about the mill storyline anymore bc there’s so much screw up with the main cast
agreed. I just said last week, almost all of the main characters are unlikeable. Hollywood is like the only likeable character.

ChiLawyer

One of One. The Only One.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,180 1,390 280
Alleybux
I’ve been thinking about how this custody thing might pan out. Was RA there when Blue was born? Did he sign the birth certificate? I’m not certain about the law in Louisiana, but even though he is not Blue’s biological father, if he has signed the birth certificate he is Blue’s legal parent. Now, if Darla finds Blue’s real father he can then challenge paternity and get his parental rights back. Anyway, courts are hesitant to take a child away from his biological mother. The best RA can hope for is 50/50 custody even with Darla’s sordid past. Darla is really going to have to show that RA isn’t a fit parent to get her 70/30 split. She could point to the fact that he is working more than he is home. RA no longer has the guaranteed babysitter in Vi with her business starting up. RA does have more character witnesses than she does, though. Aside from his family, he has held down his job at the shrimp place and I’m sure Prosper and Remy would also vouch for him and his growth.

Bilkis6th

Blessed
Reaction score
Reactions
72,846 2,269 1,246
Alleybux
So RA f’s and dumps black women but he is dating this Asian chick
And Darla becomes the angry baby mama
Great optics Ava

Mencha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,873 3,011 1,161
Alleybux
Even if Charley wasn't a factor, Remy and Nova just don't fit. There was no built-up, they only have passable chemistry and they aren't gaining fan support. When you have famous people going on twitter dogging your storyline than you know it is sh!t.

I am hoping this disastrous storyline will finally force Nova to address her demons. She should have been in intense therapy years ago. At this point, she needs to be alone for at least half a season just so we can forget about this dreadful pairing.

Danielle Dobbs

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
27,288 1,297 2,961
Alleybux
I love Charley’s character. I hope she finds the companionship she needs and deserves. Everyone relies on her but she doesn’t have anyone to rely on. What happened to Dr. Spicy?
Eww that man is not attractive and he has no chemistry with Dawn. They need to keep him on the other side of the wall. She better not smash Jacob though.

Danielle Dobbs

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
27,288 1,297 2,961
Alleybux
Even if Charley wasn't a factor, Remy and Nova just don't fit. There was no built-up, they only have passable chemistry and they aren't gaining fan support. When you have famous people going on twitter dogging your storyline than you know it is sh!t.

I am hoping this disastrous storyline will finally force Nova to address her demons. She should have been in intense therapy years ago. At this point, she needs to be alone for at least half a season just so we can forget about this dreadful pairing.
Ironically the only swirl couple that worked was Nova and the cop.

The actor had chemistry with Nova and the storyline was interesting to watch in small doses.

1vicious beauty

No Introduction Needed
Reaction score
Reactions
47,372 1,277 495
Alleybux
I really don't understand the direction of the story line. Why does everything have to be a hit at Charley? The Davis thing happened for no real reason. Her son bad-mouthing her. Her sister dating her ex.

What's the point? Where are we going?

Right into Jacobs arms... that's his name right???

I haven't even watched the episode... I stopped it when I saw RA and his lady. I ran in here to see what was going on before I wasted my time on that crap and so far here is what I got...

Charley is taking all of these hits and the very thing she was planning to do to the Landry's is happening to her... her family is falling apart from the inside.

Hopefully, she will go off with the doctor... but ... this has save me yt man written all over it.

I can see that bag belonging to Micah or him taking the fall for the other boy since his brother is already in jail. Micah would do it just so he can say he tapped fully into his blackness... this would make Davis come back and ask for custody... or that bag belongs to Asha is that the girls name in the group, either way Micah takes the fall??? He’s already stood up for her before so... This will give the opportunity to write our girl Keke out..

Now if Charley is as good in business as she says she is she should be able to rip the Landry's plans to pieces... she should turn savage simply because of all she's been through but idk...

It would be interesting if Remy was tied in with the Landry's and he left Charlie and pull this stunt with Nova to distract her, to interfere with her plan... He was certainly po'd when she said she was going against them and we don't know much about his story...

Idk what to say about Vi's pies, that was stupid to begin with. Hollywood would give her anything, no contract needed.

Last edited:

Dre22Era

Tired Black Man
Reaction score
Reactions
116,871 8,662 4,079
Alleybux
I posted this back in 2016 and it still holds true
Ralph Angel = Crybaby

Hey Ralph whats 2+2?
Well nah.... its 4 but its sad how the 2's had to multiply themselves sacrificing themselves to make a 4.
Its not fair. I believe Pop would be fine with just two 2's.
We should honor his decision, its only right.
201609-qsu-103-thy-will-be-done-6-949x534.jpg

24Seven

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,132 1,351 302
Alleybux
I couldn't watch live or even the same night, but thanks for the tag @NatRod93

I actually like the Asian chick's character, but not as anything to RA and the show doesn't need her outside of that so she can goooo

a whispering custody show down.
The Whisper Games: Murmurs of Darla and Ralph Angel

ugh.

Darla know she wrong for that and for making us have to see RA so upset that his face looks swole the whole episode.

Can't believe the way Nova and Remy justa strollin out in the open like they ain't still a dirtyass secret and a whole damn family betrayal! The disrespect! I Can't!

Now the self righteous, hypocritical du[h]o smoking weed?! Ugh! I hate these two together.

Poor Charley, talking up her high regard for family when family been fµck!n her ex. smh

OMG is that Charley's backyard looking that nice??!
Here we go. Nova so damned foul. b!tch has the nerve to characterize their kiss as "innocent?!" She better gon' somewhere with that bµllsh!t! Now she'd been trying her "best to do this right?!" and she "didn't ask for this?!" But she'll walk away if Charley wants her to?! I doubt her hoe ass could! fµck her! I wanted Charley to go awwf but they had her rise above it. That's cool that she handled it with class and great poise, but I wanted to see her rage at this betrayal. I knew they wouldn't let her beat Nova's ass like I wanted to see, but the loud snap of slap across the face could've been my favorite song!
source.gif

I'm starting to hate the worried and bewildered look that's on Micah's face at all times. So stupid!! Now they burned down enslaved ancestors' quarters, hallowed ground. ffs!

Here go Remy bitchass.

Again, why no
giphy.gif

I can't believe this fool right now. Being condescending and superior even in this moment of confession. He don't feel an ounce of guilt. Not. one. ounce. Half way gloating. He's nothing but a psychopath.
source.gif

The preview ..Tell that hoe, AUNT VI! Next week gonna be fiyah! Finally!

I really don't understand the direction of the story line. Why does everything have to be a hit at Charley? The Davis thing happened for no real reason. Her son bad-mouthing her. Her sister dating her ex.

What's the point? Where are we going?
If they keep going the soap opera route, Charley turning evil and against her family. lol

Ok I'm not understanding how Nova can be so xesually free with men and women but she can control the likes of Remy? His ole school azz has managed to take this worldly woman and sweep her off her feet? Really??? Terrible storyline.

I really hate that Micah is getting so wrapped up with these fake woke criminal delinquents. Davis will blame Charley for not watching the boy.
Storyline straight out of an 80's Harlequin Romance. Not that I ever read any of those. Heh.

Mizz Monroe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
56,786 827 142
Alleybux
I’m just playing catch up but I got a whole lot to say about this episode...

First off Charley is me...trying to take sh*t down from the inside and the way she addressed Remy’s ass, definitely me all day long. She’s not going to backdown from either situation...both things are going to make her stronger but at some point she will probably snap.

Nova needs to ask herself why would a man who had a relationship with her sister reaaaally want a relationship with her?! All rationale is out of the window with her at this point...she needs to do better or she will never be in healthy relationship.

Remy underestimated Charley and thought he could control her...he was still being manipulative when he pulled up to her home and said that bullsh*t. I liked the way she addressed him, I hope she realizes that him and her sister are the broken ones. You can’t personalize the stupid sh*t that people do.

Micah has too much access to money and power to be involved with his little crew. He should take some pointers from his mama, if you really want to make a difference you need to work from the inside. He should be a congressional aide right now making his little rounds and keeping it cute. Go to college, keep your hands clean, work on Capitol Hill, get involved in political parties, seem unassuming and when you get in a position of power flip the sh*t. Help put more of our people with the same disposition in leadership positions that matter...to change the corrupt laws and really make a difference. Burning sh*t down, catching a charge and making a little noise ain’t it.

RA needs to really call Darla out on her sh*t...she used him and his family to take care of Blue until she got her sh*t together. She could have told him years ago Blue wasn’t his son but she needed RA. What I’m trying to understand is if her family is so stable especially financially why the hell didn’t they take care of her son while she was cracked out??? Makes zero sense.

Like someone posted earlier why doesn’t Aunt Vi make Hollywood her business partner? She wouldn’t have to worry about him f*cking her over.

WhitleyWayne

The word is ask,not axe.It's a verb not a hatchet.
Reaction score
Reactions
62,479 1,184 59
Alleybux
I've seen the actor who plays Jacob on a couple of Hallmark movies. He doesn't usually look like that. I don't know if he cleans up since it is Hallmark but he doesn't usually look like that.

I think that look is part of the Jacob character...maybe we will find out he has a drug problem later on in the season. But I'm thinking that's just his xesual attraction for Charlie. He seems to be so intense when he is around Charlie. He gives me the same vibes like Fitz had in Scandal. Anytime Olivia was around he was so xesually intense.....like he just wanted to bend her over a desk and slide her panties to the side. I'm getting that same obsessive xesual attraction/infatuation from Jacob.

Hopefully not.

As a side note why does Jacob always look like he just got done snorting coke or is about to go snort it and is fiending?

Is that part of the character or does the actor come to the set fµcked up?

WhitleyWayne

The word is ask,not axe.It's a verb not a hatchet.
Reaction score
Reactions
62,479 1,184 59
Alleybux
I didn't get to watch the show live with you ladies but I'm all caught up now.

Nova and Remy....just get on my f!cking nerves. For a minute there I thought I had missed an episode. When did they become official that they are out in public holding hands?The irony of it all....the two most critical characters of Charlie are the ones betraying her. They both are shady as hell.

Nova has a shed full of weed plants at her house. During the hurricane episode we see her give that old lady a couple of blunts. We've seen her, Aunt Vi and Charlie smoke weed but all of sudden she doesn't know how to roll a blunt? Unless Nova was just so nervous about having her sister's ex at her house she couldn't roll the blunt it doesn't make any sense. The writers are trying too hard to make this Nova and Remy storyline click. They have no chemistry at all and it's just tacky asf.

I'm about tired of Micah X and the Wokettes (shout out to the font that came up with that term...pure genius). The dark skinned boy with the fro seems to be the most sensible out of the bunch. When they were making plans about vandalizing the plantation, the other boy was talking about putting it on social media and he was like no it's not about that. Asha seems like she is practically salivating about every one of their crazy ass ideas. Micah seems hesitant every time but he has some unresolved feelings from what that cop did to him and finding it out that his dad is just bold face liar. He's just going along with everything. He needs some serious couch time or he is going to explode or sink in deeper and deeper.

I'm all for making a difference but these woke kids need some direction because they are going to get into trouble. Them unintentionally burning down that slave house is going to come back and bite them in the ass. No words for Micah and his green ass going back to the scene of the crime with red spray paint stained shoes on. Just an idiot.

I was happy to see that Aunt Vi apologized to Hollywood and asked him what he wanted to do with his life. I hope he does open that sports lounge and focus on himself as an individual for a change. It would be great to see both Hollywood and Vi thrive as couple while have their own successful businesses.

I'm hoping Mr. Rawlings is a good guy. But I still don't trust him completely. I got my good eye on him.

I understand the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"...but I don't trust Jacob's mother. I know Charlie will get burned by her once she gets what she wants from Charlie.

I find it interesting that once RA needed his siblings they were right there for him. Just like I said a couple of threads back.... from season one anytime anyone needed help....they were always there to support each other...but how ironic when Charlie needed them no one was around so she ends up in the arms of Jacob. We see what y'all trying to do there.

If anyone ever deserved to get punched, slapped and mushed at the same damn time it would be Remy. How dare he come to Charlie's house and put the blame on her? I'm so sick of his self righteous ass. I'm glad Charlie read him for the filth.

I feel like if Micah gets caught for this vandalism thing that's officially going to break Charlie by the season finale. She's been trying so hard for a long time. Charlie needs a win this season.

Last edited:

SLAPYaTUNG

FlightofDaNavigator
Reaction score
Reactions
53,206 1,931 1,675
Alleybux
You gotta crank the volume all the way up on Ralph Angel scenes.

His whisperin a$$ my mom complains about his raspy whisperin A$$ every week. Enunciate fool. People who act like him in real life just aren’t confident in their own skin lol

odyssey

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,521 19 7
Alleybux
His whisperin a$$ my mom complains about his raspy whisperin A$$ every week. Enunciate fool. People who act like him in real life just aren’t confident in their own skin lol

THIS!!! Every week, I'm like nukka, speak! sh!t!

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
Y'ALL HAVE ME DYING WITH THE WHISPERING RA! I thought it was his hypocritical, woe is me, and on the verge of tears in every conversation that was what annoying me. But y'all done pulled out the raspy ish and I am dying at his monologue about being in prison, which was a culmination of it all.

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
Why didn't Nova tell Charley after the kiss, before proceeding to date him? That's what makes it even more fd up. Men don't owe you ish, but family does. So....

giphy.gif

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
Micah with that damn camera documenting the illegal activity and leaving proof behind that is traced back to him. Then the dummy goes back to the scene of the crime and never told his mother. You better let that family name and money work in your favor Micah.

RA is damaged and he need time to be alone. A relationship is the last thing he needs. I wish he didn't play the mind/emotional games with Trinh. Things wouldn't have been more awkward and hurtful, if he didn't say lets be exclusive and then say nah not right now a few days later.

Reaction score
Reactions
62,868 1,153 107
Alleybux
I’m confused. Didn’t she offer shared custody... 50/50 on the previous episode? Didn’t he decline?

This is getting on my nerves.

Darla also didn't have a lawyer either, so she must have spoken to her parents and they pushed this issue. And she is jealous that he is moving on. But what probably triggered her was seeing RA with Trinh and Blue. It was at that moment, she thought you will not have another woman around my son more than me. So I get it in that aspect, but it isn't necessary to create more tension in an already strained situation.

This is RA fault, though. He should have split custody once he visited her home or came up with a reasonable schedule to increase her time with Blue each week until it was 50/50. He isn't the bio father, so thinking he has the upper hand now is not gonna fly. Darla is sober and has her parents' support. She is not alone anymore, so trying to control the situation out of spite won't have the same effect anymore.

Reaction score
Reactions
451,492 4,446 308
Alleybux
Just finished up last week's episode and I cannot believe Remy brought his Black ass up to Nova's house.

And I damn near lost it when RA told Trinh she was the only good thing in his life... wowwww.

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,680 1,541 264
Alleybux
Yes but he's spending like they put in a wheel chair
I got the impression the the company was sued due negligence which caused the accident, fire or whatever it was. All the employees were paid off as part of the settlement. Hollywood (and the other employees) walked off that boat unassisted, it was not a personal injury lawsuit settlement.

xxlondonukxx

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
635 10 4
Alleybux
Who else turns thier volume all the way up when Kofi/RA’s scenes are on?
A bit late to the party here as I binge watch this show but I had to comment on RA. What is up with that damn whispering? I am so over him now. Every time he starts his whisper chat I slap him upside the head and scream "speak up man" !

Lord I can't wait for Greenleaf to come back on

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Charlie never smiles anymore.

SIBLING FIGHT! Take advantage Charlie! Sheeeeet. I might approve of her marrying Jacon to get those percentages. #longgame #turningwhitemoneyblack

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
The fluck?! Tight was Remy is gonna smoke? But was judging the hell outta Charlie?!

Nova I love you but you can go straight to hell. Charlie over here singing your praises about how yall dont betray each other. Smh.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
This is such character destruction for both of them. The Nova of season 1 and the first half of season 2 wouldn't even want to touch Remy. She would think he was boring as hell.

But maybe she sees her daddy in him or something (the good and the bad).

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Charlie is an amazing actress. I could see her body and face slowly drop with realization as Nova was spouting her bs. I hope she drowns Nova in the pool.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Ok. Are yall really standing up here like dumbasses about to get caught? Yup looks like it. And Micha like a damn idiot is taking pictures.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Naw bump that "forever" sh!t. Nova can take a leap.

Charlie's better than me. Betrayed and she still worried about her sister being hurt. This...what is this? Why go through this writers? What is the motivation, the positive to come from this?