Quantcast

Queen Sugar: Season 4 Episode 12 "Here", Wed, Sept 4th @ 9pm on OWN

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,829 1,469 34
Alleybux
Most often, the downfall of many television series is when the writers refuse to keep their ears and eyes to the street,so to speak. Viewers expressed displeasure with Nova when she began hunching Remy and thus villanizing his character. They should've taken heed and recognized that Nova's easy redemption isn't something viewers are interested in seeing. She was key in the resurgence of her aunt's long buried pain and the near loss of Blue's innocence. Every time those improperly hydrated, measly lips utter the word "truth" I just want to mush the hell out of the back of Nova's head with both hands AND feet!!

Yeah, see, if they keep fµck!ng with Nova or get rid of her, I'm going to stop watching this show. She's not even my favorite character, I don't have a favorite character when it comes to this show like I do for other shows. So, we all don't feel the same way about Nova. I don't know what they were trying to do with her bµllsh!t story line, but it should have never been written. But I won't be taking my disappointment out on the character. And I have no interest in seeing her beg for forgiveness, she can work on herself but these constant annoying scenes with her trying to get back into the family annoy me because I was pissed from the get go that it had to be Nova who they wrote as the ''bad" one. Ava may not think it's bad which is freaking weird, she's not smoking the good marijuana apparently, but the rest of us do, telling family secrets to the whole fµck!ng world is utterly ridiculous, it's crazy. If you reveal secrets to family members that need to be told, then that's fine, but to the whole damn country.

But still, won't get me to despise Nova if that was their goal and I don't think it was based on interviews. They wrote themselves into a corner, because I have no interest in Nova's redemption campaign, YET, I also have no interest in watching her family unrealistically let her back into the fold so soon.

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,829 1,469 34
Alleybux
Charlie should take solace in the fact that she "raised him right" and hope for the best. It would be quite sh!tty for him to go through of the motions of Harvard and be miserable just to please his mother and fulfill her personal vision for his life.
I feel like if Micah can literally get his ass into Harvard, he'll be fine. The only thing in life that will bring him down is if his annoying ass lacks common sense cause they don't teach that at Harvard. There are tons of book smart people who have no fµck!ng common sense. If someone could figure out how to bottle CS up and sell it, they'll be wealthy. And the other thing that fucks up any black person is a corrupt cop/legal system. Those two things are the only things that can hold him down and unlike other black boys, his mama's family has money, his grandma has connections so he'll be strapped when it comes to lawyers. But, I mean, he got into Harvard.
But he's about to see how bad it is when they frame his mama for arson and arrest her in the season finale. A black man ain't safe anywhere, but if I were Micah and I had to choose between Louisiana and Massachusetts, I'm going to New England, not even a second thought. Ya'll can keep your alligators, Mardi Gras, and that oppressive ass heat. I'm out, don't care how good the food is, but I'm a northerner so...

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,681 1,541 264
Alleybux
The boy just realized he was black like two seconds ago...

giphy.gif

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,829 1,469 34
Alleybux

• Nova tries to mend fences with Ralph Angel
  • Violet tries to put her past behind her
  • Micah and Charley discuss college
  • Romero and Charley attempt to reunite :curse:pissedoff

Prosper and a bunch of his fellow farmer's collective members were inexplicably kicked off the voter rolls. :atwitsend

@Absolvo @Allegra Coleman @ALLOFTHIS @Aloha Belle @AlwaysTrue @ananda2 @Ashley2435 @Atiyah9369 @AutumnShadow @awissa88 @barbarella @Beautifulleo @BinxTheMinx @Birdshu @BlaqueBirds @bonitaapplebum @boring1 @Brave One @BreannaBarnes @brooksie @BrwnSknBeauty @Bullsweet @CA Girl @CandyAppleDrop @Capricorngirl @Caramel Dipped @Caramel Flava @CatEyeQueen @CC3 @CelebGossip @Chanel5 @chaoticlibra @ChiLawyer @Clearly Nicole @cocoprincess @commentcreepin @cquiller1 @Crack Rock @CristelleAmande @darickys @DarlingPikki @Diana4mrlyDirty @elgenia carter @elusiveCHILD @fishina @flawlessnbrown @flon25 @ginac @GQ2006 @IamAwesome84 @IceBreakers @inmydreams @JASrielle @JelllyMyers @Jetersqueen @kboogie55 @Kima Greggs @King B Giselle @kishikcm @KittyKins @KKND04232016 @krobinson @KT_Anomaly @ladii_capricorn @Lady @Ladyfinger @Ladywasabi @Lemon Pepper @Legs @Locnload @LonghornVicky @Loveable92 @Lovesexyparade @LOVELYLIBRA @LovelyOne83 @manny @Marjorie @MDogg @Meme0887 @Messiah St West @MicheleK @Miss Alexis @Monica Wright @Moon78Child @mozelle batiste @Mrs. Griswold @Mrs St Patrick @Nana Peazant @Not my hair @Ntsap @nubiandiva86 @NubianQueen @NYMPH @O.o @Oda Mae Brown @OhLordHaveMacy @oicantbelieveit @OluZ @onyxnightshade @O S I C H @Overnight Celeb @PasswordisPassword @peekaboo29 @Pepperann @Preme Team @prettyjoy04 @prettysmileNY @Purple Majesty @Purplelette @PWFAN @RadioMirrorPark @reinforcement @renky @Rhett @RihWinehouse @Runway Diva @Room112 @Rosegold3995 @SadSadSong @SagGoddess @SexercizeKylie @shampoona @Shampagne @ShellyKelly @SimbaLuver @Slay.so.softly @Snafu1660 @SoFineK @StrangeXdefault @sugarzee @teeman704 @texaschick81 @THE GREAT 1 @The Only @TheoryBased @TheQueen @TheRealQueenBee @THOTTiana @T R I N I T Y @Tropinski @Tyla Gilbert @Vanity Stesia @VAPearl @vvena @Warm As The Sun @1 800 BABE @24Seven

The last bullet...we didn't see that in this episode did we?
I was glad we didn't, he need not return. All I remember is Prosper mentioning that those in their community were also removed from the voter rolls. But I don't remember seeing Romero.

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,829 1,469 34
Alleybux
Did Nova's sorry ass feel anything after Ralph Angel told her that Blue was in therapy and Darla relapsed? She's so fake.
What could she say? Sorry ain't enough, to say sorry is insulting. She got in her car and left as she should have. This sh!t is so fµck!ng dumb. This is the common sense I was talking about and she clearly has none. No, that's not it, she's just fµck!ng selfish. How in the hell could it not occur to you that this sh!t would send a recovering addict over the edge? But Ava got Nova walking around with facial expressions that look like she's just fµck!ng dumb as in lacks common sense. She went to fµck!ng Tulane University, but again they don't teach common sense at any university. That's how she looked to me when RA told her the fallout for Darla and Blue, like seriously, oh wow... I can't believe that happened, WTF? We knew that some kid on the playground would tell Blue the truth, but that never dawned on Nova?
Ava, GTFOH. Ava has pretty much insulted the intelligence of her viewers with this sh!t.

Last edited:

bravebird1

Hello It's Me
Reaction score
Reactions
9,158 151 81
Alleybux
Great episode. Superb acting. David Allan Grier plays the menacing role so well.

Aunt Vi taking Jimmy Dale's girlfriend and helping her get back on her feet was powerful. She took Jimmy's power in that scene when he couldn't control or stop his girl from walking out. It was basically Aunt Vi thirty years ago.

Charley has an aristocratic smug to her that I don't like. She really showed herself at Micah's going away party. I understand her reasoning though. Charley feels as though she worked too long and hard to move up the racks and Micah is not being considerate enough and appreciative of her sacrifices.

Last edited:

Andmetoo

Like Titus Andromedon, I am an enigma.
Reaction score
Reactions
101,558 1,506 370
Alleybux
Everything she said was right as far as IMO. But, if and this is a big IF, Micah is talented enough, like I posted before he can make an excellent living, like fame and notoriety as a photo journalist. That photo journalist that traveled with Obama and he was with Obama even before he was president, like when he was a senator, is doing extremely well, his photos have and will continue to go down in history. Of course, he's white, well whatever he is, he ain't black. So, again, going to Harvard would give Micah those connections and if he's highly skilled he'll climb up that ladder a lot faster because of those Harvard connections than he would at the HBCU. But on the other side of it, the Attorney General of New York who's sewing every damn right wing organization starting with the NRA, is black and she went Howard. She, Kamala Harris, all went to Howard and I believe she too is an AKA, they all in the same network and they've made it to the top. Whether folks like how they make their living as in representing the "law," they're up there period. So, you can play the game well from an HBCU, just gotta know how.
Nah girl, I’m just reacting to her read. The strength of it was just like “wow.” My husband and I both went to HBCUs and we both do well for ourselves. The majority of my friends did as well and they are all thriving to the nth degree, so us and our 40+ selves are out here thriving.

I can see merit in both attending an Ivy League and HBCUs. But, I just thought it was hilarious that she went in so HAWD that erbody was shooketh.

Bad Streets

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
126,744 8,085 1,876
Alleybux
Queen Sugar is lucky that it storyline is strong and engaging because otherwise the accents and terminology (refering to New Orleans as "NOLA") would be laughable as hell.

TripleB81

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,885 104 27
Alleybux
This season better TF NOT end with Men on Film showing up to Aunt Vi's restaurant and shooting it up. I'm not here for a "Dallas"/"Dynasty" cliffhanger.

Darla wanting to forgive Nova was good on her. It was a nicely done scene.

Aunt Vi telling Nova about herself in the car. The scenes confronting her abusive ex were so good. The broken stair made me cackle.

Charley has every right to be mad at Micah. And not entirely because of his decision. But mainly because he ruined that party with his news. He's just as dramatic as Blu at times. He could have told her as soon as he made his decision, and got through the fight with his mom sooner.

I'm happy the show is ending the season stronger than it began. Nova was really irritating in earlier episodes this season. And even tho she doesn't really show remorse for her spilling everyone's tea, at least everyone doesn't outright hate her annoying ass anymore.

CCMe2004

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,986 877 702
Alleybux
I feel like if Micah can literally get his ass into Harvard, he'll be fine. The only thing in life that will bring him down is if his annoying ass lacks common sense cause they don't teach that at Harvard. There are tons of book smart people who have no fµck!ng common sense. If someone could figure out how to bottle CS up and sell it, they'll be wealthy. And the other thing that fucks up any black person is a corrupt cop/legal system. Those two things are the only things that can hold him down and unlike other black boys, his mama's family has money, his grandma has connections so he'll be strapped when it comes to lawyers. But, I mean, he got into Harvard.
But he's about to see how bad it is when they frame his mama for arson and arrest her in the season finale. A black man ain't safe anywhere, but if I were Micah and I had to choose between Louisiana and Massachusetts, I'm going to New England, not even a second thought. Ya'll can keep your alligators, Mardi Gras, and that oppressive ass heat. I'm out, don't care how good the food is, but I'm a northerner so...
I take my chances in LA. Boston/ Cambridge is racist as hell.

CCMe2004

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,986 877 702
Alleybux
I see Calvin's gonna meet the family next week. Lol. That looks interesting. Wonder what Micah is going to do. I knew Charley was going to jail before the election. No surprise there. Hopefully, she prepared. Everything else is a wild card.

TheoryBased

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,817 1,973 250
Alleybux
Now let's be honest we ALL knew Micah X wasn't going to Harvard. Micah is immersing himself in everything black right now. He is not about to sit around some white folks being the way he is. He should've told his Mom before she set up this whole party. Now if he is struggling to find a job after majoring in Photography and Poli Sci, that's on him. Kids have to learn the hard way. And from what I hear Poli Sci is on that list of useless degrees.

PurpleGOLDNESS

SumWearTheRainboIsEnuf
Reaction score
Reactions
30,179 1,045 1,730
Alleybux
Interesting, cause I see any state in the South as more racist. Anyway, to each there own.

You'd be shocked at the hidden racism in northern states. Down south, most racists don't hide their hatred for other races. You know who you're dealing with. Racist northerners hide their racist views and doctrines very adeptly.

Atiyah9369

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,898 812 59
Alleybux
I see Calvin's gonna meet the family next week. Lol. That looks interesting. Wonder what Micah is going to do. I knew Charley was going to jail before the election. No surprise there. Hopefully, she prepared. Everything else is a wild card.
Sit and stare with his bland ass.

ananda2

Sheer Purrrrfection
Reaction score
Reactions
90,232 1,864 549
Alleybux
Welp, it's gonna take RA to remind everybody that Nova should not be given a pass. He was right that she should have apologized to Darla and Blue instead of trying to justify her BS.

Imma need Aunt Vi to strap up. I'm proud of her for putting everybody in check, especially Jimmy Dale. Excellent acting on the part of David Allen Grier and Tina Lifford. I hope that poor girl stays safe.

The old lady stays five steps ahead of Charley and will bury her unless Jacob intervenes. Smh

Speaking of Charley, she was out of line making a scene about Micah's choice at his party. The reason he waited until the party to make the annoucement is because he hoped she wouldn't meltdown in front of company. For once I am team Micah.

1. I know it's her money and she works like a dog to give him a leg up but it's still his life. How is he ever supposed to learn how to make life decisions if she keeps making them for him? Her trying too hard to shelter him is part of why he is so clueless in the first place.

2. He clearly does not share her status oriented, white man's ice is colder mentality. She claims to be concerned about black folk having jobs, but Harvard got plenty-enough money while our HBCUs are quietly shutting down or getting gentrified. She was out of line for belittling his major like it didn't matter and making him feel small in front of everybody.

It was also Petty of her not to invite his father to the party.

See u folks next week.

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,829 1,469 34
Alleybux
You'd be shocked at the hidden racism in northern states. Down south, most racists don't hide their hatred for other races. You know who you're dealing with. Racist northerners hide their racist views and doctrines very adeptly.
They not good at hiding sh!t when it comes to their racism, so I wouldn't be shocked, never was. I'm a northerner in America, I know racism is there. It's all over this country and the western world. I prefer for them to pretend that they aren't racist. You keep that sh!t "hidden," cause you know that I know you're racist. I already know you hate me, but you STFU about it cause you have no right to make that clear to me out in the open. So we'll just go on being polite when we have to and try not to cross lines and escalate sh!t. Yeah, I'd rather that racism. I'v been in enough southern states, long enough to know I prefer northern racism much more.

letlive

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,863 1,382 487
Alleybux
I’m only 5 minutes into this episode but I hope RA and Aunt Vi keep paying Nova dust. She already knew the family was going to forgive after relentless begging that’s why she wrote the book. If she thought for a second they would boot her out for good, she would’ve never wrote the book. She doesn’t believe in real consequences.

Skyy Fox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,960 98 38
Alleybux
I love that Vi told Jimmy Dale about himself and helped the other woman out but I didn’t feel that she needed to go to his house at all. For safety reasons.

I get why RA forgave Darla but is taking his time with Nova. The book exposed things that negatively affected his child and she had zero issue with that. Also, he is back with being interested in Darla who was genuinely trying to turn it around so I can see why she was forgiven.

I feel like Charlie constantly gets the worst of it out of the entire family. I’m not mad at her reaction to Micah but it all should’ve been private. He knows his mom well enough that she wouldn’t be thrilled with his choice. Why wait until she gives this big party to announce you’re not going. Micah is privileged so he will be fine either way but it’s all based on his parents connections. I highly doubt Micah can make connections on his own to do what his mom has done. Until he is extremely talented, his goal of photography is lofty and it’s the choice of someone who has the privilege to choose something like that or someone who doesn’t know what to choose yet.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,954 9,063 1,348
Alleybux
There’s been so many shows on I haven’t had time to really be in these threads

They really have Calvin glistening on QS & on DAYS have him looking like a lovesick puppy. It’s amazing what different roles can do

I’m not in the forgiving phase w/Nova. My family is pretty old school s/family meetings & the like if there’s some family secrets that one is adult enough hearing or if there is a big issue that needs to be resolved

That being said, Nova opened so many wounds with this exposé airing out the family without their permission or not even giving them the decency to read an initial draft to prevent this being released in the first place. Nova’s life is a tell-all book in it self she didn’t need to air our everyone else’s life too

Blue is forever scarred & is going to have even more challenges as he gets older if I suspect the route they’re going w.him. Darla relapsed as her tea was exposed & then to discover she was raped on top of that. Aunt Vi reliving all over again her abusive, trifling ex. Exposing Charley playing cleaner to pay away David West’s trifling behavior. & that is just scratching the surface of it all. It shouldn’t have to take everyone’s lives unraveling for nova to realize her error w. This book

I’m glad the family is embracing Darla more & were there for her @ her lowest. Some would’ve used that as an opportunity to take her back to court & take Blue away from her. It’s setting up for a RA/Darla reunion at some point

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,954 9,063 1,348
Alleybux
I’m torn as hell on the HBCU/Harvard argument. It’s not so much about the school anymore as it is what you’re actually able to network & get somewhere far in your career path which is why researching colleges for specific programs you’d be interested in is important

I get if you’re going to Harvard undecided w/mediocre transcripts it could be seen to some as a waste but to certain employers having that school on your resume is impressive & @ least will give you an opportunity others won’t have. I also love & respect HBCU & go back & forth on if I should’ve went to one. Bc even though I went to a PWI, I was around the Black/Brown ppl most of the time bc all we had was eachother

That being said, no offense to anyone in the arts but it’s highly competitive no matter what school you go to & it’s more about what connections you can make to make some moves. I have a relative who went to a well-known PWI & now bc of that PWI got a Masters opportunity @ a huge teaching school to pursue a specific art path that most black ppl would not be interested in & unless your famous, it doesn’t pay much & she still has to grind & work 3 jobs to afford this expensive graduate career

My parents simply told me to get a degree in something that will make money so I’d never have to worry about depending on anyone for money & that was my own grind. But even though I went to a historical PWI, the reason I get so many interviews is bc of one prestigious organization that was one of my first jobs out of college was ranked at one point #2 in the US & that’s one of the first questions that’s asked not so much the school I went to

I say that to say, if you have a path of what field you’re trying to do is one thing; like if you’re going to a specific college bc of their medical school or nursing school or whatever but in the case of Micah he even said for now Photography is a hobby which means he can go into college & decide from his 1st year general Ed classes he’s interested in something else & still have photography as a hobby

I literally changed my major in college 9 times & still graduated early in a degree I’m not even using but BC of my transcripts of my original field I was going into is what catapulted me as an anchor to a hybrid of the career I have now.

Also someone like Micah who literally just got his negro wake up call will be an interesting transition for him to be @ an HBCU. & best believe Charley will be even harder on him now bc he’s closer to home & did this song & dance like he was interested in Harvard only to play her like his father did & drop a bomb like that @ that graduation party. I felt Charley’s outrage in my spirit

I personally wanted to get as far away from home as hospital to fully enjoy & have a true college experience but that’s just me & I’m so grateful I did

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I'm just watching and I'm just not here for everyone forgiving Nova especially Aunt Vi. So unrealistic and stupid.

marchpisces92

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,879 1,797 880
Alleybux
Can they Eva just let Charley be happy Gah Dammmnnnnnn!!!! As someone with degrees in the college of liberal arts....Micah in for a rude awakening trying to find purpose in a world that doesn’t value black people let alone the arts.

YES. As a fellow artist with the same background as much as it hurts to admit this it is true. For every talented black artist no matter what the medium the a great body of work or portfolio there's a mediocre white artist with an okay body of work or portfolio that will get that spot in a gallery, audition, animation studio you name it. (Think Adele winning over Beyonce for example from the 2017 Grammys) I've already seen it happen to a lot of my classmates since I graduated in 2014 and it's made me a bit salty.

Now as far as your passion as artist nobody and I mean nobody can ever take that joy away from you; it's who you are. It's apart of me so much so that I've decided to pursue Art Education for K-12 so that I can still enjoy that. The true definition of having your cake and eating it too. I'm pretty sure he could be a great photography teacher to some disadvantaged black high school/college students.

Treme

Mr. New Orleans
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
55,211 1,419 321
Alleybux
How old is Jimmy Dale? His ass got to be at least 65.

That little girl he was abusing has to be no older than her early 20s. If that. Jimmy Dale is a pervert who needs to be under the jail cell right now.

ChiLawyer

One of One. The Only One.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,183 1,390 281
Alleybux
Here’s my thoughts on Micah’s decision and Charley’s response.

We all know that a lot of people think of HBCUs as less than PWIs in general. For some people it doesn’t matter if it’s Harvard or the University of Cincinnati, if it’s a PWI it automatically is better than an HBCU. People think that because most HBCUs aren’t as selective in admissions that the education you get is sub par. They also think that the networking benefits at PWIs are more robust than at HBCUs. My opinion is you get out of school whatever you put into it. There are plenty of successful people who graduated from HBCUs. There are plenty of failures that graduated from a PWI.

In Micah’s case, the school is Harvard. There is no comparison between the education/benefits someone gets from attending Harvard versus ANY other school in the country. If you go to Harvard and make an effort, you’re set. However, Micah is going to have those same benefits even if he decides to go to clown college because of his wealth and therefore access. He doesn’t need Harvard like someone who is poor or doesn’t have successful parents. So, I don’t understand Charley talking about the need for him to have opportunity because opportunity is on a silver platter for him. You can’t tell me that Charley or Davis can’t pick up the phone to call someone and get Micah a job at a Fortune 500 company.

The other thing is Micah isn’t JUST going for art. He’s also getting a political science degree. So clearly he realizes that photography should not be his only option. He’s entitled and should have told her before the party for sure and definitely not in front of everyone. He watched her in her Harvard sweatshirt and decorating with Harvard colors and said nothing. Charley might’ve been more understanding if he gave her the opportunity to hear what his reasoning was without dropping a bomb in front of everyone.

Jetersqueen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,265 133 121
Alleybux
To @Wanderlust and @Jetersqueen, I feel like AT LEAST Ralph Angel was willing to GATHER Nova's ass. I still need her to know how her fuckshit ruining folks lives and he imparted that knowledge on her.

But, how about the next scene after he said ALL that, she on the couch with her leg kicked up researching that election stuff?!? I would have been SO remorseful over what that man said!

I'm still not satisfied...I was TOOO through with how utterly cold Nova has been through this, even after RA expressed himself. I am glad that he did at least tell her what she caused. I was pissed that the writers had her researching and riding with Vi as if someone else did the damage.

While I am about forgiveness, the writers have not realistically depicted the process that Nova should be going through to get there (a drag/read; soul-searching; heartfelt apology/new behavior revelation to all; forgiveness).

Jetersqueen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,265 133 121
Alleybux
The writers aren't listening to us audience members AT ALL! Who is Nova eating and licking in the writer's crew? I REALLY need to know because the unrealistically angelic edit she's being given in season 4 is puzzling. This thin lipped b.itch has single handedly caused catastrophic damage to each member of her family and those unrelated yet everyone is open arms and forgiving hearts for her? I don't think so!

Most often, the downfall of many television series is when the writers refuse to keep their ears and eyes to the street,so to speak. Viewers expressed displeasure with Nova when she began hunching Remy and thus villanizing his character. They should've taken heed and recognized that Nova's easy redemption isn't something viewers are interested in seeing. She was key in the resurgence of her aunt's long buried pain and the near loss of Blue's innocence. Every time those improperly hydrated, measly lips utter the word "truth" I just want to mush the hell out of the back of Nova's head with both hands AND feet!!

If the writers don't tune into what us audience members want ( shout out to Greenleaf), I don't see this show lasting longer than season 5 or 6. Empire ran it's course because there's only so much you can do with that genre of television but QS has the makings to last a good 9 seasons and the script writers are mucking it TF up... Fix it Harpo!

This season's Showrunner is a Rainbow just like the actress who plays Nova (Rutina Wesley is a lesbian and just married a woman), so the character is getting off light in the storyline.

PurpleGOLDNESS

SumWearTheRainboIsEnuf
Reaction score
Reactions
30,179 1,045 1,730
Alleybux
They not good at hiding sh!t when it comes to their racism, so I wouldn't be shocked, never was. I'm a northerner in America, I know racism is there. It's all over this country and the western world. I prefer for them to pretend that they aren't racist. You keep that sh!t "hidden," cause you know that I know you're racist. I already know you hate me, but you STFU about it cause you have no right to make that clear to me out in the open. So we'll just go on being polite when we have to and try not to cross lines and escalate sh!t. Yeah, I'd rather that racism. I'v been in enough southern states, long enough to know I prefer northern racism much more.

I live in the south so I guess we're different in our preferences of displayed racism. I'd like to know that you're probably ready to string me up from an oak before I go off somewhere alone with you beforehand. I don't want to find out you hate me because of the skin I'm in when you I'm sitting in front seat of your car, locked in. I'd actually prefer no racism but if I'm having to choose, it d.amn sure wouldn't be the type that hides itself away from me until an opportunity presents for it to be revealed. But hey, different folks, varying strokes. I just find it bizarre that northerners pretend like racism is non-existent in that region of the US when the news tells us differently every day.

FemmeBronzee

Black women in tennis >>>>>>
Reaction score
Reactions
210,531 4,166 767
Alleybux
Here’s my thoughts on Micah’s decision and Charley’s response.

We all know that a lot of people think of HBCUs as less than PWIs in general. For some people it doesn’t matter if it’s Harvard or the University of Cincinnati, if it’s a PWI it automatically is better than an HBCU. People think that because most HBCUs aren’t as selective in admissions that the education you get is sub par. They also think that the networking benefits at PWIs are more robust than at HBCUs. My opinion is you get out of school whatever you put into it. There are plenty of successful people who graduated from HBCUs. There are plenty of failures that graduated from a PWI.

In Micah’s case, the school is Harvard. There is no comparison between the education/benefits someone gets from attending Harvard versus ANY other school in the country. If you go to Harvard and make an effort, you’re set. However, Micah is going to have those same benefits even if he decides to go to clown college because of his wealth and therefore access. He doesn’t need Harvard like someone who is poor or doesn’t have successful parents. So, I don’t understand Charley talking about the need for him to have opportunity because opportunity is on a silver platter for him. You can’t tell me that Charley or Davis can’t pick up the phone to call someone and get Micah a job at a Fortune 500 company.

The other thing is Micah isn’t JUST going for art. He’s also getting a political science degree. So clearly he realizes that photography should not be his only option. He’s entitled and should have told her before the party for sure and definitely not in front of everyone. He watched her in her Harvard sweatshirt and decorating with Harvard colors and said nothing. Charley might’ve been more understanding if he gave her the opportunity to hear what his reasoning was without dropping a bomb in front of everyone.

I just finished the episode, and the bolded part is really my takeaway on the discussion of Harvard vs. XULA (or any HBCU, for that matter). The Wests had money to pay off Davis' mistress, and money for Charley to buy a whole sugar mill, but now we're gonna act like they wouldn't be able to use their influence (should Micah call on them to do so) to get Micah in some corporate position (should Micah want it).

Also, Charley, for all her education and success and moving around in white circles still had these white folks in St. Jo and their surrounding parts treat her like she was nothing more than a house girl. Why would she think Micah having Harvard on his resume would shield him from that?

Jetersqueen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,265 133 121
Alleybux
The writers aren't listening to us audience members AT ALL! Who is Nova eating and licking in the writer's crew? I REALLY need to know because the unrealistically angelic edit she's being given in season 4 is puzzling. This thin lipped b.itch has single handedly caused catastrophic damage to each member of her family and those unrelated yet everyone is open arms and forgiving hearts for her? I don't think so!

If the writers don't tune into what us audience members want ( shout out to Greenleaf), I don't see this show lasting longer than season 5 or 6. Empire ran it's course because there's only so much you can do with that genre of television but QS has the makings to last a good 9 seasons and the script writers are mucking it TF up... Fix it Harpo!

Send tweets to the QS writers. (@QSWriters)

Jetersqueen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,265 133 121
Alleybux
What could she say? Sorry ain't enough, to say sorry is insulting. She got in her car and left as she should have. This sh!t is so fµck!ng dumb. This is the common sense I was talking about and she clearly has none. No, that's not it, she's just fµck!ng selfish. How in the hell could it not occur to you that this sh!t would send a recovering addict over the edge? But Ava got Nova walking around with facial expressions that look like she's just fµck!ng dumb as in lacks common sense. She went to fµck!ng Tulane University, but again they don't teach common sense at any university. That's how she looked to me when RA told her the fallout for Darla and Blue, like seriously, oh wow... I can't believe that happened, WTF? We knew that some kid on the playground would tell Blue the truth, but that never dawned on Nova?
Ava, GTFOH. Ava has pretty much insulted the intelligence of her viewers with this sh!t.

Tweet @QSWriters

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,789 2,501 725
Alleybux
Micah's decision is so foolish, this was his chance to enter the most powerful circle in the world and make a difference using that power. He could have studied photography and art after graduation or in his free time.

Instead he limited his future.