Quantcast

Queen Sugar: Season 4 Episode 7 "Of Several Centuries", Wed, July 31th @ 9pm on OWN

Agape1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,583 106 58
Alleybux
I don’t know if I’m going to finish out this season. Just not happy with this season.

Just a big fat, no! Did they get new writers or something?

I wish they really thought it out..

Coolgurls

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,398 29 23
Alleybux
Unpopular opinion but I don't think that Ava's vision of the show was it to be a completely black show. But more about a drama about a black family and their relationships.

Ava is wokish but very inclusive so these non-black characters aren't going away. If anything the interracial interactions and relationships are probably going to continue just to prove a point that in this societial/political climate that different races aren't always at odds.

There are definitely viewers who find Charley/Romero sweet. And it is hard to deny the chemistry between Nova/Calvin. So I see the show continuing to do both for a bit. While Aunt Vi, Darla, Micah and RA represent black love.

It's only on LSA that I find ppl upset that there's some nonblack characters on this, it's still driven by a black family, black showrunner and writers. It's realistic, some of us stay with our own, others don't nbd. I love Charley and Romero, finally a man that puts her first. Yall are so caught up on wanting her to have a black king, you forget how toxic Davis was.

ArtIsCool

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,314 295 423
Alleybux
So I'm very very late to this forum. Strange enough, I skipped the last season because it was too slow for me and I jumped back in by watching ep. 6 and 7 of this season, and I feel like I'm already caught up. :cute No need to go back.

I find Nova and Calvin's screen time mesmerizing. I'm a sucker for romance so I was sitting there, taking in their scene with a dreamy face, lol! I too wanted Nova to get with the Atlanta professor guy, but Idk, I feel like they were good for each other on paper, but I didn't feel any fire. Love is weird like that.

Mencha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,878 3,011 1,161
Alleybux
It's only on LSA that I find ppl upset that there's some nonblack characters on this, it's still driven by a black family, black showrunner and writers. It's realistic, some of us stay with our own, others don't nbd. I love Charley and Romero, finally a man that puts her first. Yall are so caught up on wanting her to have a black king, you forget how toxic Davis was.

LSA is definitely on another level with its dislike of almost anything non-black.

LooksLikeRain

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,661 1,450 501
Alleybux
Me every single time Charley uses Jacob.

giphy.gif

lol... She bending all over the desk in front of him and sh!t lol

Why was Charlie wearing the tight jeans (looking good too
shaq.png
) and do the "turn around to show my big booty while getting something" move to Jacob?

I hate the way they're building them up.

I told yall last week all she gots to do! Charley MVP use him up like soap.