Bemused One

Non-Conformist/Anti-Capitalist
Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
I'm glad Vi asked Prosper to come over.

Micah and Nova will forever annoy me.

For various reasons...I'm finding the entire show this season- sappy, boring and the writing is very "hashtagish." -ugh!

Bemused One

Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
I'm glad Vi asked Prosper to come over.

Micah and Nova will forever annoy me.

For various reasons...I'm finding the entire show this season- sappy, boring and the writing is very "hashtagish." -ugh!

Bemused One

Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
I don't trust Calvin's daughter, I wanted to, it wasn't logical to me to do so. I get Single White Female vibes but fake, meaning she's just pretending to have a mindset like Nova. She did her research and knew how to connect with Nova. She and mother are planning something, these Karens are lunatics, they don't take not getting their way well, let alone losing to black women or other woman of color.
Please, I can't see Ava, putting his college daughter in that house just so we can have a boring Nova has a fan in Calvin's eldest daughter story line.
Yeah, this is gonna be bad.

The Karen even looks fake...you can tell something is up! That nose of her's looks like she is smelling sh:poopt.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,770 4,411 3,286
Alleybux

I feel you. I understand the writers wanting to focus on COVID-19 since we're all living it but living it is more than enough. The focus on death and despair isn't entertaining, it just makes people sad. I can't even hate Nova as enthusiastically as before or enjoy her insecurities surrounding this white dude and his family because I'm focused on Prosper not dying and whether Hollywood and his heavy breathing is going to be okay.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,268 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
So micah lied to Charlie and told her the white girl hes fµck!ng looks like SZA, lmao. He knew why he said that sh!t too, he knew his mom would have loved to hear that. I really cannot stand him, he’s such a cornball. Blew off a free ride to Harvard on his parents dime to take pictures and tap dance in a corny ass fraternity. Then dumped his nice black girlfriend for a stupid white chick partying during a pandemic.

What a waste of black wealth.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,268 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
Darla and RA gon’ make a baby during this Rona

I really love that they’re trying to work things out and be a family, I commend ra for that. He has every right to completely cut Darla off to be honest but he refuses to. You can see how happy it makes Blue when he gets to see his parents loving on eachother.

PurpleGOLDNESS

SumWearTheRainboIsEnuf
Reaction score
Reactions
30,179 1,045 1,730
Alleybux
This season is unbearable and Nova is still unlikable while Charly remains stuffy and always a minor crisis away from a breakdown. Ava shouldn't have rushed to make this whole season based wholly on the pandemic while we're still living in the.....friggin' PANDEMIC! It's a waste of a season. We want realism to a degree but people watch TV for a little escapism too. Whoever greenlit this caca wasn't well informed. They could've taken a page out of other drama shows and minimized the virus's overall impact on the show's storyline. So far, it seems production and writers went into this season hinging everything on the virus and didn't put too much effort or preponderance into a good, juicy, succinct storyline.

I'm struggling ya'll. I'll try to tune in for a few more episodes but if they don't shift the direction of this season, I can foresee myself checking out for the remainder of season 5. The writing is shiftless and sloppy.

Side note -- Why does the actor who plays Micah look so gaunt in the face this season? Is that look specifically for the role or has he been sick in real life?

PurpleGOLDNESS

SumWearTheRainboIsEnuf
Reaction score
Reactions
30,179 1,045 1,730
Alleybux
Had NO idea that Nick Ashe (Micah) is gay. Wowww......Corona has broken my gaydar!!
youre right! Much to my kids dismay, I watch every episode multiple times. I notice she was always nasty, hypocritical and jealous of Charley. I think I overlooked it because of her connection to too sweet.

She's "good with words" as Aunt Vy verbally magnified last season as they were traveling to Jimmy Dean's house. Nova is a bullsh.it artist and just like the "woke, enlightened" platoon that runs rampant on social media, they may as well be see through to me because I see straight through them. I've concluded that Nova's character is a not so subtle mockery of hoteptress society lol.

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,320 3,733 440
Alleybux
I don't trust Calvin's daughter, I wanted to, it wasn't logical to me to do so. I get Single White Female vibes but fake, meaning she's just pretending to have a mindset like Nova. She did her research and knew how to connect with Nova. She and mother are planning something, these Karens are lunatics, they don't take not getting their way well, let alone losing to black women or other woman of color.
Please, I can't see Ava, putting his college daughter in that house just so we can have a boring Nova has a fan in Calvin's eldest daughter story line.
Yeah, this is gonna be bad.

I hope Calvin's daughter and her mom BREAK Nova. Like run her out of town and into an insane asylum where her sorry azz belongs. Can't stand her. She is a cancer to that family.

I haven't watched ep 5 yet but right now it's feeling like Nova is gonna sleep with the daughter, lol. She's trash enough to do that too. She LOVES her some white skin no matter who is wrapped up in it.

I'm also not here for them trying to make her white cop boyfriend into Tom Hanks. It's fk him forever for me.

Violet Spring

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,804 1,469 34
Alleybux
I hope Calvin's daughter and her mom BREAK Nova. Like run her out of town and into an insane asylum where her sorry azz belongs. Can't stand her. She is a cancer to that family.

I haven't watched ep 5 yet but right now it's feeling like Nova is gonna sleep with the daughter, lol. She's trash enough to do that too. She LOVES her some white skin no matter who is wrapped up in it.

I'm also not here for them trying to make her white cop boyfriend into Tom Hanks. It's fk him forever for me.

Yeah, I don't hate Nova, I don't need to see her broken. And I actually would be turned off this show if she left and left like that. Though I would have appreciated last season some in depth soul searching and looking in the mirror. She always doing damn meditation, yet she's a hot mess.
But yeah, I don't share that hate for the character. This is actually though a show where I don't even have a particular favorite character and I usually do, but not with this show. I just like watching every characters journey.
She's annoying, frustrating, but I've watched a lot of annoying characters in my time so...I can put up with Nova.

Tthinkx

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,201 1,615 1,509
Alleybux

I don't think i've ever been in the QS forum and the first that I see when I get here is your comment. Bay-bay, your comment took me tf OUT. LMAO. I was not expecting that. Anyway, Nova is very irritating.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,638 1,930 267
Alleybux
I’m rewatching this episode. First, I want to point out a discrepancy. Calvins kids were very little when the show first started. Like he was holding them. They looked about 4-7 now they are in high school and college.

anyway, I definitely think the daughter is up to something. Who is that disloyal to their mother? Even if she hates the mother, some of her other family members are hurt as a result of “Nova’s actions”. I just don’t buy this open arm acceptance.

secondly, as I said, the kids were little when Calvin and nova were together how would they know about this affair and know it’s what’s causing their father true happiness. It’s the happiest she’s ever seen him, at 6? Wtf lol

By season two, they had stopped seeing each other. The kids would still be little how would they know what’s or who is causing their dads happiness. Plus Calvin had already broken up with the mon and nova by then.

they didn’t reconnect until mid season last year but by then he was already estranged from the daughter. It seems Calvin and the daughter are just getting to know each other again. So where is she getting all of these details about the dad’s happiness and nova from?

as Oprah so eloquently put it, so what is the truth? Lol