Quantcast

Queen Sugar Season 5 Episode 7, "June 1, 2020"

Earth Mami

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,843 1,222 193
Alleybux
This episode was kinda dry. Charley either has covid or really REALLY bad anxiety. I’ve never seen her that messed up.

fanon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
128,554 1,595 427
Alleybux
I am so through with this show if she called Davis because it makes no damn sense with her brother down the street.

Then again it made no sense to get rid of KeKe while bringing on some random white girl.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Aunt Vi is starting to bug me. She needs to focus on Hollywood and let Darla and RA raise their own child.

fanon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
128,554 1,595 427
Alleybux
Y’all called it! Davis?? Why tho?
I'm so pissed. This is some piss poor writing. I'm ready to throw the whole damn show away. Who in the heck is going to call someone in another state for help rather than the sibling down the street? Poor, poor writing. This is some Passions type of writing.

prettyjoy04

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,321 757 85
Alleybux
I'm so pissed. This is some piss poor writing. I'm ready to throw the whole damn show away. Who in the heck is going to call someone in another state for help rather than the sibling down the street? Poor, poor writing. This is some Passions type of writing.
Yes! It’s like they just gave up. She didn’t even try to call Nova and RA and leave a message or something. Hell just call 911 at this point.

TheQueen

TheQueen
Reaction score
Reactions
42,226 1,436 224
Alleybux
Thanks @NatRod93 for the tag. Did anyone notice Blue started to play with the doll again? He haven't played with the doll in awhile. It takes a lot of restraint when a racist cop is trying to trigger you to act out of character. I like that Prosper is with Vi and Hollywood so they can keep a watch of each other. Oh hells to the no, no, no that Charlie called Davis? I don't get this. Hope Charlie doesn't have covid.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,639 1,930 267
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag! Charley did call Ralph Angel, but it went to voicemail. I don’t get why she didn’t simply call 911.

what was the point of Calvin’s daughter? I thought she was up to something, but she seemed to just be some annoying, white guilt having waste of time.

Bemused One

Non-Conformist/Anti-Capitalist
Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
Now I know the writers are not going to have Charlie call her ex who's in another state rather than her brother who's across the cane field. I just know the writers are not going to be that obtuse. I just know they won't reach that far with their nonsense.
well, they did...I'm about tired of this show with its neoliberal platitudes...ugh! Right out of Ava and Oprah's playbook!

Bemused One

Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
I like Aunt Vi but I've been waiting, for five seasons, for someone to tell her to mind her damn business.
Well, I don't like the character Vi or Wood...They are both irritating to the core.

Bemused One

Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag! Charley did call Ralph Angel, but it went to voicemail. I don’t get why she didn’t simply call 911.

what was the point of Calvin’s daughter? I thought she was up to something, but she seemed to just be some annoying, white guilt having waste of time.
It was Ava making her white audience and donors feel better...

MamaFatCheeks

LIVE * LAUGH * LOVE * ALOT
Reaction score
Reactions
71,098 972 39
Alleybux
The jurors have to submit a judgement based on the language of the law, not their feelings.

Chauvin's case is unique because Minneapolis's Murder II statute has that clause for cases just like this.

He's also charged with Murder II, Murder II- manslaughter and Murder III just to stack the deck.
I meant to say qualified immunity. But I am glad they stacked the deck. Throw the book at him!

Kima Greggs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,460 207 28
Alleybux
Must I ask again ? Are we ever going to forgive Nova dumb ass. I guess not this episode. I will try again next week.
NO! I was thinking about my dislike of Nova during the episode, and I wonder if they could have done a time jump, and the family took a decade to forgive Nova, maybe I could see it. But it was only a few months that she was on the outs with the family, and that is unrealistic to me for the amount of damage she caused.

And for those that guessed she would call Davis, I thought of him, but I thought it was a fake out and she would call Remy. Whatever happened to him after he tried to get with Nova?

Last edited:

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,639 1,930 267
Alleybux
NO! I was thinking about my dislike of Nova during the episode, and I wonder if they could have done a time jump, and the family took a decade to forgive Nova, maybe I could see it. But it was only a few months that she was on the outs with the family, and that is unrealistic to me for the amount of damage she caused.

And for those that guessed she would call Davis, I thought of him, but I thought it was a fake out and she would call Remy. Whatever happened to him after he tried to get with Nova?
He moved to Texas because nova was so irresistible lol. I added that last part but he didn’t like the division he caused as if everyone was going to accept what he did with open arms.

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,681 1,541 264
Alleybux
I am so through with this show if she called Davis because it makes no damn sense with her brother down the street.

Then again it made no sense to get rid of KeKe while bringing on some random white girl.
She called RA and it went to voicemail.

Rick2209

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
86 4
Alleybux
He moved to Texas because nova was so irresistible lol. I added that last part but he didn’t like the division he caused as if everyone was going to accept what he did with open arms.

Here's what I never got about Remy: He basically screwed things up with Charlie by asking if she wanted more children, a prospect which she appears very uninterested in (who can blame her, at the time he asked Micah was 17 and I can hardly imagine she wanted to start all over with a baby).

Then, he glommed on to Nova, who *also* doesn't want children. So, hypothetically, even if Charlie had no issue with Remy/Nova, it still wouldn't have worked because he wants babies and she doesn't.

I have no idea what this guy's issue is, but 85% of women have a baby by 40, but only 75% of men do. It's therefore relatively easy pickings for men who want a family and women who don't. It really should not be that hard to find someone who actually wants a baby, instead of futilely hitting on women who don't. Hopefully he found the fertile woman of his dreams in Texas.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,639 1,930 267
Alleybux
Here's what I never got about Remy: He basically screwed things up with Charlie by asking if she wanted more children, a prospect which she appears very uninterested in (who can blame her, at the time he asked Micah was 17 and I can hardly imagine she wanted to start all over with a baby).

Then, he glommed on to Nova, who *also* doesn't want children. So, hypothetically, even if Charlie had no issue with Remy/Nova, it still wouldn't have worked because he wants babies and she doesn't.

I have no idea what this guy's issue is, but 85% of women have a baby by 40, but only 75% of men do. It's therefore relatively easy pickings for men who want a family and women who don't. It really should not be that hard to find someone who actually wants a baby, instead of futilely hitting on women who don't. Hopefully he found the fertile woman of his dreams in Texas.
What got me was he was trying to bend and mold Charley to what he wanted. She was too showy, spent too much money, too fancy, etc but he been knew that. Why expect Charley to throw on some overalls and become the community scapegoat? When it didn’t work, he dropped her and suddenly became soulmates with Nova and then tried to pressure her to play her sister. Then he kept coming with the corny jokes. I’m happy his butt is in Texas lol.

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
Couldn't upload a pic or tweet to the thread, but y'all know the drill by now! Lol, new episode tonight!

@Absolvo
@Allegra Coleman
@ALLOFTHIS
@Aloha Belle
@AlwaysTrue
@ananda2
@Andmetoo
@Aras
@Ashley2435
@Atiyah9369
@AutumnShadow
@awissa88
@barbarella
@Beautifulleo
@BinxTheMinx
@Birdshu
@BlaqueBirds
@bonitaapplebum
@boring1
@Brave One
@BreannaBarnes
@brittanybri
@brooksie
@BrwnSknBeauty
@Bullsweet
@CA Girl
@CandyAppleDrop
@Capricorngirl
@Caramel Dipped
@Caramel Flava
@CatEyeQueen
@CC3
@CelebGossip
@Chanel5
@chaoticlibra
@ChiLawyer
@christinnc
@Clearly Nicole
@cocoprincess
@commentcreepin
@cquiller1
@Crack Rock
@CristelleAmande
@darickys
@DarlingPikki
@Diana4mrlyDirty
@Earth Mami
@elgenia carter
@elusiveCHILD
@EmeLave
@fishina
@flawlessnbrown
@flon25
@ginac
@goldloveee
@GQ2006
@IamAwesome84
@IceBreakers
@inmydreams
@JASrielle
@jelllymyers
@Jetersqueen
@kboogie55
@kelleh rollin
@Kima Greggs
@King B Giselle
@kishikcm
@KittyKins
@KKND04232016
@krobinson
@KT_Anomaly
@ladii_capricorn
@LadyEsq
@Ladyfinger
@Ladywasabi
@Lemon Pepper
@Legs
@Locnload
@LonghornVicky
@Loveable92
@Lovesexyparade
@LOVELYLIBRA
@LovelyOne83
@manny
@Marjorie
@MDogg
@Meme0887
@Messiah St West
@MicheleK
@Miss Alexis
@Mizz Monroe
@Monica Wright
@Moon78Child
@mozelle batiste
@Mrs. Griswold
@Mrs St Patrick
@NahYouGood
@Nana Peazant
@NatRod93
@Not my hair
@Ntsap
@nubiandiva86
@NubianQueen
@NYMPH
@O.o
@Oda Mae Brown
@OhLordHaveMacy
@ohyeahthat1girl
@oicantbelieveit
@OluZ
@onyxnightshade
@Orchidlily
@O S I C H
@Overnight Celeb
@PasswordisPassword
@peekaboo29
@Pepperann
@Preme Team
@prettyjoy04
@prettysmileNY
@Purple Majesty
@PurpleLette
@PWFAN
@RadioMirrorPark
@REDM1217
@reinforcement
@renky
@Rhett
@RihWinehouse
@Runway Diva
@Room112
@Rosegold3995
@SadSadSong
@SagGoddess
@SexercizeKylie
@shampoona
@Shampagne
@ShellyKelly
@SimbaLuver
@SimplyTee
@Slay.so.softly
@Snafu1660
@SoFineK
@Spiritedaway
@sugarzee
@teeman704
@texaschick81
@THE GREAT 1
@The Only
@TheoryBased
@TheQueen
@TheRealQueenBee
@THOTTiana
@T R I N I T Y
@Tropinski
@Tyla Gilbert
@Vanity Stesia
@VAPearl
@vvena
@Warm As The Sun
@Wanderlust
@WhereTheyDoThatAt
@1 800 BABE
@24Seven
Can you add me to this tag list when you have the chance? Thank you!!

Bemused One

Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
Why do y’all always pull the Oprah card? She has nothing to do with the show.
Apparently, you didn't notice that Oprah is an executive producer of the show - one of the most important components of a production! ...The role of the Executive Producer is to oversee the work of the producer on behalf of the studio, the financiers or the distributors. They will ensure the film is completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards. So I pull the Oprah card when I see it. I'm not blind to the bµllsh!t, which you is most surely are.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,399 1,958 302
Alleybux
Too many montages this episode - did they not have enough days to film this episode?

This season has been slow as fµck. You all's comments keep me going and watching.