Quantcast

Queen Sugar Season 5 Episode 8, "June 3, 2020"

TheQueen

TheQueen
Reaction score
Reactions
42,228 1,436 224
Alleybux
Charley don't want the family to know Davis is taking care of her is hilarious . Charlie don't want aunt Vi tongue lashing. Just aunt Vi mentioning the food she cooked for Hollywood got my mouth watering and the calories sticking to my thighs. RA and Darla going to have a major fight over where to send Blu to school.

MamaFatCheeks

LIVE * LAUGH * LOVE * ALOT
Reaction score
Reactions
71,099 972 39
Alleybux
Only 2 episodes left?!

I knew that RA was going to want Blue to go to that school. Vi raised Blue so that was a low blow to say she is not a parent. Looks like Davis pulls through and pulls up...wow. This is going to be good.

Off to This is Us!

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,775 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
What RA might say to Vi is mean but she has it coming. Aunt Vi is controlling and when things don't go her way or the way she thinks is best, she can be overbearing and has no boundaries. This is why Darla shouldn't have involved her. D can't defend herself to her own mother so she had Vi do it and now RA and Vi will be mad at each other. IIRC, RA was also an unstable parent which is why Vi took care of Blue. It was a great thing to do but her decision making powers ended when the child moved back in with his parents.

showdemdimples

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
993 12 1
Alleybux
Oh hell naw Ralph Angel because technically his b!tch ass ain’t a parent either!
Oop you went there..
206F3E00-96C9-470D-BAB2-B97EAE63582E.jpeg

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,147 1,637 622
Alleybux
Ra gone feel real sh!tty if he learns his aunt could have been a parent had her ex not beat her so bad she lost the child.

And she has given so much to her family and did view herself as Blue's surrogate mom at a point. That's what made her so upset.. He gone have to BEG for forgiveness.

And technically he's not a parent either.

CelebGossip

Sue me, I'm rooting for er'body that's black.
Reaction score
Reactions
212,685 6,074 2,530
Alleybux
Nova is proof that there’s someone for everyone. If Calvin can tolerate her, there’s hope for all hopeless singles.

So you can just sleep off Covid? :sidefrown

I’m glad Davis came through for her.

MystiqueGlow

The mystique that southerners talk about
Reaction score
Reactions
99,843 4,029 2,265
Alleybux
I really hope they don't kill off Davis, that would really he sad to watch. The show is quite depressing as it is.

MystiqueGlow

The mystique that southerners talk about
Reaction score
Reactions
99,843 4,029 2,265
Alleybux
I wasn't here when that was decided among LSA but I hope those writing the show don't make that decision. What would be the reason in doing that?

I think Prosper catching COVID and passing from it makes more sense, but I don't want that to happen either.
Precisely my thoughts, what would be the point in killing him off? Although it would be sad to see transpire but it would make more sense if Prosper passed from COVID than Davis.

PurpleGOLDNESS

SumWearTheRainboIsEnuf
Reaction score
Reactions
30,179 1,045 1,730
Alleybux
This season is straight up a.ss... I'm sorry but I don't know any other way to put it! If the writers wrote season 5 pro bono, then I totally understand the indolent writing style. If they were paid then the network needs a refund because this sh.it is steaming, volcanic gah-bage on a rainy, hot and humid Thailand night! Overwhelmed isn't even the word! The only two likable characters at this point are Hollywood and Charly.

Aunt Vi think she gangsta till Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dale, Jimmy Hell, Ike Turner, whatever tf his name is shows his face again then she's shaking like a newbie stripper dancing during the lunchtime shift. Vi is running nose to nose with Nova Scotia (and her unforgivable, faux ancestrally connected deep a.ss) in the unlikable department. She's crossed the line from respectfully demanding to disrespectful old w.ench using her seniority as a tool for unkindness. Her approach to Darla's mother was a few hundred rainbow shades of ugly and unnecessary. She must desire for Blue to grow into a brainy loser like Ralph Angel, because the fierceness in which she's fighting Blue's REAL grandmother/flesh and blood is unreasonable and puzzling! That's why Wood got one foot in the door and one foot pointed towards divorce court because Vi STAY meddling in others business, all the while ignoring her own, like those wigs that start two thirds of the way into her head and Wood slowly drinking himself into alcoholism! Vi is super yuck this season.

Ralph may have more brain cells than I gave him credit for if he's actually thinking wisely about Blue's future instead of resorting to his usual knuckle dragging viscerally driven reactions and decisions. He's realizing that Louisiana is too small to contain Blue's brilliance (something his own parents didn't realize or couldn't afford to realize).

Darla's character still lacks depth and personality to me despite her character's harrowing backstory. Maybe it's the actress playing Darla but I cannot get into her. And no it's not because Ra radiates a planet sized amount of big d.ick, chocolate, multiple o.rgasm inducing, blank s.perm cell shooting energy . Her affect is very flat and there seems to be a Stepford Wives mask she wears and has been wearing since the genesis of the show! I wanna see her alter ego Dirty Darlaneta emerge and curse Ra out for thinking she was unsalvageable when his a.ss is an entire felon but acting like he's a whole days catch out in these streets (in previous seasons.. she never dug in his ass about it either)! If my bae goals were to have an overall dark, depressive, suffocating, unsmiling, emo quality/atmosphere to my relationship, I'd definitely choose Ra and Darla's marriage as inspiration! (I'm still having nightmares of that "seductive," arthritic-stiff honeymoon dance Darla gave Ra two episodes ago! Who even approved that? Prosper's lady friend must've signed off on it.)

Also, I'm really rooting for Blue's granny to win this battle to get him whisked away to private school because honestly Blue has been getting on my nerves too; I'm sorry y'all. I don't know what it is but I've developed an irrational and unexplainable dislike of his character this season and he hasn't even had much screen time. Don't ask me why but I'm def Team Stuck Up, Jack and Jill, Bourgeoisie Maternal Granny for the win!

The entire season has been a wad of sinus infected snot balled up in a handkerchief and I'm over it! The writers really outdid themselves narrating the pandemic to an audience currently LIVING in the pandemic... Thanks Dr. Phil's Doppelgangers, I really needed a timeline refresher of sh.it that's STILL cycling on my newsfeed!!!

Last edited:

Dogtown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,557 3,617 2,393
Alleybux
Nova is proof that there’s someone for everyone. If Calvin can tolerate her, there’s hope for all hopeless singles.

After the way she was putting him through that racial Struggle Session a few weeks ago I was like "he ain't gone yet?"

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,383 3,733 440
Alleybux
This season is straight up a.ss... I'm sorry but I don't know any other way to put it! If the writers wrote season 5 pro bono, then I totally understand the indolent writing style. If they were paid then the network needs a refund because this sh.it is steaming, volcanic gah-bage on a rainy, hot and humid Thailand night! Overwhelmed isn't even the word! The only two likable characters at this point are Hollywood and Charly.

Aunt Vi think she gangsta till Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dale, Jimmy Hell, Ike Turner, whatever tf his name is shows his face again then she's shaking like a newbie stripper dancing during the lunchtime shift. Vi is running nose to nose with Nova Scotia (and her unforgivable, faux ancestrally connected deep a.ss) in the unlikable department. She's crossed the line from respectfully demanding to disrespectful old w.ench using her seniority as a tool for unkindness. Her approach to Darla's mother was a few hundred rainbow shades of ugly and unnecessary. She must desire for Blue to grow into a brainy loser like Ralph Angel, because the fierceness in which she's fighting Blue's REAL grandmother/flesh and blood is unreasonable and puzzling! That's why Wood got one foot in the door and one foot pointed towards divorce court because Vi STAY meddling in others business, all the while ignoring her own, like those wigs that start two thirds of the way into her head and Wood slowly drinking himself into alcoholism! Vi is super yuck this season.

Ralph may have more brain cells than I gave him credit for if he's actually thinking wisely about Blue's future instead of resorting to his usual knuckle dragging viscerally driven reactions and decisions. He's realizing that Louisiana is too small to contain Blue's brilliance (something his own parents didn't realize or couldn't afford to realize).

Darla's character still lacks depth and personality to me despite her character's harrowing backstory. Maybe it's the actress playing Darla but I cannot get into her. And no it's not because Ra radiates a planet sized amount of big d.ick, chocolate, multiple o.rgasm inducing, blank s.perm cell shooting energy . Her affect is very flat and there seems to be a Stepford Wives mask she wears and has been wearing since the genesis of the show! I wanna see her alter ego Dirty Darlaneta emerge and curse Ra out for thinking she was unsalvageable when his a.ss is an entire felon but acting like he's a whole days catch out in these streets (in previous seasons.. she never dug in his ass about it either)! If my bae goals were to have an overall dark, depressive, suffocating, unsmiling, emo quality/atmosphere to my relationship, I'd definitely choose Ra and Darla's marriage as inspiration! (I'm still having nightmares of that "seductive," arthritic-stiff honeymoon dance Darla gave Ra two episodes ago! Who even approved that? Prosper's lady friend must've signed off on it.)

Also, I'm really rooting for Blue's granny to win this battle to get him whisked away to private school because honestly Blue has been getting on my nerves too; I'm sorry y'all. I don't know what it is but I've developed an irrational and unexplainable dislike of his character this season and he hasn't even had much screen time. Don't ask me why but I'm def Team Stuck Up, Jack and Jill, Bourgeoisie Maternal Granny for the win!

The entire season has been a wad of sinus infected snot balled up in a handkerchief and I'm over it! The writers really outdid themselves narrating the pandemic to an audience currently LIVING in the pandemic... Thanks Dr. Phil's Doppelgangers, I really needed a timeline refresher of sh.it that's STILL cycling on my newsfeed!!!
BRAVO to your whole write up!!!! I agree totally! (And I can't STAND that child, Blue! Just write him off the show, sheesh!)

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,383 3,733 440
Alleybux
I know we're in a pandemic and hurting for entertainment but they could have kept this whole season. It was pure filler and did nothing to move the series forward. Glad they gave the writers something to do to keep them off unemployment I guess, but this was a terrible waste of energy. If next season isn't any better then it might be time to end the show. It's like they've run out of stories to tell.

Hereforthetee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,365 4,240 68
Alleybux
Thing is they wait too long for this show to come back. You lose interest and forget storylines. It was off so long, I was like the family and forgot what Nova did.

TheQueen

TheQueen
Reaction score
Reactions
42,228 1,436 224
Alleybux
Thing is they wait too long for this show to come back. You lose interest and forget storylines. It was off so long, I was like the family and forgot what Nova did.
Thank you. I thought it was just me. I thought this season would come back with everyone coming for Novas throat after the tell all book. I know she was starting to go on tour with the book. I know Charlie was trying to stop the book from being published. To me the writers skipped over a lot of information to jump right into covid. You don't air out your family's dirty laundry and expect all family members to welcome you back with open arms.

Rick2209

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
86 4
Alleybux
Are they setting us up for a time jump? If next season it's "five years later," then the only real impediment is the actor who plays Blue won't look old enough. But if Blue is off at boarding school, problem solved. Even with a 5 year jump, Michal would still be younger than the actor who portrays him in real life, so no problem there.

Speaking of, seems like it would have been a good time for RA to call Charlie. She actually went to Boarding School and was only home for summers. She might have some thoughts on this topic!

CCMe2004

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,987 877 702
Alleybux
Unpopular opinion. I like Nova better this season. She's tripping with Calvin. She's nit-picking and looking for something wrong with him because she's her mother's child. She was well aware that he was a cop and probably did some unsavory ish to Black people to fit in with the other officers. It seems like he's remorseful. He left the force and left his wife I still haven't forgot him trying to kill that man in the bar at the end of season one. He definitely loves her. Just like Trudie and her daddy, she's gonna botch this relationship.

ChiLawyer

One of One. The Only One.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,183 1,390 281
Alleybux
Listen, Davis was being kind of sexy taking care of Charley and taking charge. Whew. Nothing like a man taking care of you when you’re sick...but I digress. I sense that Charley/Davis might get back together. He obviously still loves her and she obviously still knows she can rely on him. No one else was going to risk COVID to take care of her

I hate to say this, but Violet needs to back down a bit with her involvement in everyone else’s lives. I understand that she raised Blue while Darla was gone, but now Darla and RA are raising him. The sad fact is there are not schools for US most places and not enough schools that cater to “gifted” children. Blue deserves to be somewhere where he can flourish academically and intellectually. I don’t necessarily think he needs to go to that fancy school, but ultimately everyone else needs to sit back and wait for Darla/RA to make a decision.

GeeMoneyNig

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,594 1,037 1,533
Alleybux
I wish Vi used that same energy with Nova as she did with Darla's mama.
I'm not really understanding why Vi is meddling in Blue's life at this point. The child has an entire mom, dad, and grandmom, and granddad looking out for this interests.

It takes a special type of arrogance to think your decision supersedes parents and grandparents; even if you spent some time being the child's primary caregiver.

The grandmom has great intentions and I don't believe the character uplifts whiteness. On the contrary, the character knows the importance of learning the rules/culture/norms of whiteness, particularly 'elite' whiteness to beat them at their own game.

Nothing wrong with wanting that for Blue. Just because Darla couldn't handle the pressure, doesn't mean the same will happen to Blue.

Speaking of which, the writers clearly have an agenda. Every Black character that has existed in rarefied spaces has severe emotional problems.

Charli having panic attacks. Darla cracked under the pressure and turned to drugs. Davis is a xes addict. Micah is angry all the time.

It's almost as if the show is pushing a narrative of Blackness being unable to thrive in rarefied spaces, like our place should be working/middle class mediocrity. That's weird coming from Oprah and Ava.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,641 1,930 267
Alleybux
I didn’t like this episode. I’m all coronaed out. It’s like the are taking every single that happened during Covid and showcasing it. Now Hollywood coming out of his funk with the zoom parties! We get it! Ok? I’ll probably still watch the episode five more times though lol

eta. They are also turning me against my favorite characters. Nova used to be one of my favorites but now I can’t stand her. Now they are making me dislike aunt vi.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,641 1,930 267
Alleybux

And don’t forget drink water. A sip of water cures all.

Birdshu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
20,523 2,111 3,248
Alleybux
I can't wait to see where this Davis story is going.

I agree with Vi but her delivery stinks. She can't be making demands about someone else's child.

Bemused One

Non-Conformist/Anti-Capitalist
Reaction score
Reactions
2,779 159 218
Alleybux
What's with the over politicization agenda. Why do we need Biden posters?
This entire season has been full of the neoliberal bull from BLM, Biden/Harris and "Good Trouble" - John Lewis, who lived high on the hog but did very little for the people he was supposed to represent!

olprettybastard

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,234 177 118
Alleybux
The fact that Micah would rather catch covid than stay home with Charley for too long lol.

I'm over Nova & her emotionally abusing her bf, he can't help that he was born white.

I want to give my boy Hollywood a hug sooo bad, I have a feeling he's going to snap on Vi soon if she doesn't sit down somewhere, they need to strap her to a chair until the restaurant can open up again.

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
Shouldn't they put a mask on her too?
Nope, it’s setting us up for next episode when he’s going to have it and get sick. The time spent in quarantine will bring them back together.

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
Micah X is gonna have a fit when he finds out.
I can see him being upset at his dad behind him. Not telling people stuff and being in control is typical Charley so I see him overlooking her not calling.

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
Darla should not have gotten Vi involved. She isn't the most diplomatic person and she's coming at Darla's mama a little too hard for my taste. Go in on her Hollywood.

Damn, Aunt Vi acting like Jimmy Dean sausage showed up at her door again.
Jimmy Dale!

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
Everything in my spirit is telling me that Davis is the person who is not going to make it through COVID.
I said this when I was watching. I want us to be wrong because I like them together this episode. Maybe he has gotten the heaux out of his system!