Quantcast

R&B Divas: Did Leela James plan it all along?

Geek

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
855 4 1
Alleybux
https://youtu.be/imwXPgqDHAI?t=502

The reviewer (around the 8:20 mark) here said something about Leelah James planning to cut Chante' out of the song all together because Chante' stopped the Puerto Rico song from going to iTunes. The intention was to cut her out from the beginning for payback. Has anyone else hear this theory?

What really happened with the Puerto Rico song?

If this is the case then it makes a lot more sense of why Leelah hates Chante' so much. But, If you are above the drama & the bullswanky, if you are as real as you say you are, why didn't you just tell Chante "b!tch you off." from day one? Why did u let her go to the studio and rehearsals and ish? Why did you damn near try to fight her over a plate of spaghetti and other invisible reasons? If any of this is true then you used Chante for a storyline. Not only did it blow up in your face, you deserve every bit of the dragging you got.

It would have been a better storyline if she had just said why she was mad. She would not have gotten so much hate & maybe ppl would have sympathized with her. Nobody here thinks Chante' is completely innocent of anything. But if this is true then Leelah, you played yourself and I dont feel sorry for you.

Does anyone have the tea on this situation?

CarmenJonesGal

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
367,536 10,220 2,157
Alleybux
I don't think so.
It was mentioned why the pr song never came out and from what I vaguely remember it had nothing to do with the ladies. Chante is about her coins, no way she'd halt it.

I think the ladies didn't want her on simply out of jealousy. They are bullies

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,006 1,921 1,003
Alleybux
There's a lot of stuff going on with this show behind the scenes that we are not seeing.

i cant believe chante is returning for another season after all that has happened, it just doesn't seem worth it to me, this show just seems so off for her. She fit in more when dawn and Kelly wereally on, but now...

Well like everyone is saying it's the paycheck

Geek

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
855 4 1
Alleybux
I don't think so.
It was mentioned why the pr song never came out and from what I vaguely remember it had nothing to do with the ladies. Chante is about her coins, no way she'd halt it.

That was my initial thought as well. I never heard what the reason was for the song not being released tho.

brooksie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,776 1,467 149
Alleybux
I don't think so.

I recall this being addressed at S2 reunion, I'mma go back and watch to be 100% sure, BUT it seems to me that both Chante and Claudette wanted the song on iTunes but the others had some issues (perhaps Chrisette). As you said, Chante is about her coin, so why would she do something like this? :sarcastic:

Unfortunately I think Leela gave herself away when she made that comment about "light skinned people sticking together". Even accounting for editing, that comment as weird and totally out of left field. Sadly I think she voiced what was on some of their minds all along...:sidefrown: