Quantcast

Rachel Jeantel Blames Herself for Letting George Zimmerman Walk Free

On_da_Corna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,811 4,629 3,538
Alleybux
It’s been just over a year since the world was introduced to Rachel Jeantel, the friend of Trayvon Martin’s who testified on behalf of the prosecution in the George Zimmerman murder trial, but may have ended up doing more harm than good.
CNN caught up with Jeantel this week, asking her if she blamed herself when Zimmerman went free. “A little bit,” she replied. Asked if she should have said something different or acted differently on the stand, she answered, “Act different.” Jeantel said the jurors in the case didn’t take her seriously as a witness, judging her for the way she looks and talks.
While Jeantel’s reading level was not above that of a third grader last summer, she has since turned her life around, undergoing intensive tutoring and graduating from high school this spring. She now credits the turnaround to her experience with the trial, saying she kept her word to Trayvon Martin to complete her high school education.
But the frank attitude she displayed in the courtroom was still there when the reporter asked her what she would say to Zimmerman today. “He did wrong, and he’s got to man up to it,” she said. “To me, you’re not a man, George Zimmerman’s not a man. That’s still a little boy, with a grown body.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-jeantel-blames-herself-for-letting-george-zimmerman-walk-free/

ElleVee114

Smooth Operator
Reaction score
Reactions
131 6
Alleybux
Just reading this made me mad at the whole case all over again. Ima just exit before my blood pressure rises...

MissTeeJay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,870 1,110 163
Alleybux
She shouldn't blame herself. Those jurors were racist bastards. Even if spoke like Queen Elizabeth it wouldn't matter. Those KKK lowlifes was still going to let Fat Ass go. Their minds were made up already.

Redemption Song

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,001 6,640 2,659
Alleybux
I remember during the trial, I was thinking she may look back one day and feel she could've done better.

However, it's not her fault and I hope she doesn't blame herself.

Snafu1660

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,813 2,074 807
Alleybux
That poor girl blames herself. That trial was a rigged show from the beginning, nothing she did had any effect on the verdict. Hell, when one those jurors gave an interview with CNN after the trial, she said that Rachel's testimony didn't have any effect on her one way or the other. I am still pissed at all those "responsible negroes" that came out of the woodwork to criticize her performance in the trial.

Pretti_Gurl

HELP I NEED EDGES
Reaction score
Reactions
21,273 640 189
Alleybux
j8gvpf.gif

QueenConsort

Formerly known as Born XX
Reaction score
Reactions
99,919 4,465 4,012
Alleybux
I'm still mad Mr Piggy is still breathing though, why can't some blood member whose life aint going nowhere off this fool?!?!??

michelleo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,763 291 70
Alleybux
The prosecuting attorneys messed that case up when they let that jury selection slide! Those b!tches had their narrow minded ass's made up before anybody testified. Hell, look at Jordan Davis's girlfriend. She was poised, pretty and proper and two juror racist assholes still couldn't find his killer guilty.

It was race!

MEMO61

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
138 7
Alleybux
I'm still mad Mr Piggy is still breathing though, why can't some blood member whose life aint going nowhere off this fool?!?!??
He's suffering now, let him live a long life so he can feel his suffering and when he die he will feel that also.

JerzyD

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
442 7 5
Alleybux
She really did not know any better and was not properly prepared. She shouldn't down herself, and should use her energy to focus on her future. I hope she is hell bent on her goals and continue to take full advantage of every opportunity that was presented to her.

RosesRred

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
67,500 598 143
Alleybux
We good. I'm glad that she seems to have matured enough to see that her conduct on the stand was disrespectful to the court. But yeah, she should not feel guilty because he is not g he one who killed Trayvon and she was not one of the jurors who voted that to let that racist go.

I'm glad she is continuing her education.

Hexa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,757 6,634 2,563
Alleybux
The prosecutors handled that case terribly. Even if you blame Rachel Jeantel, it was their decision to put her on the witness stand unprepared. They're more to blame than Rachel.

Zimmy's a ticking time bomb. Hopefully when he inevitably implodes, he doesn't take any more innocent people with him.

CGENI

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,672 489 234
Alleybux
Rachel you know what to do now:

-FAMU Criminal Justice Major
-Internship at 'Parks & Crump'
-LSAT
-FAMU College of Law

Go for it!

It's not your fault
, but remember to fight for black folks back home who come from similar backgrounds as you.

****Ben Crump was definitely NOT on point.
So make that an internship at the Florida OAG****

Chrissy Lampkin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,634 414 166
Alleybux
That case was decided an soon as the jurors that was picked were all white females with 1 hispanic female.

Anytime there's a white jury on a case were there's a black victim and a white perpetrator, the perpetrator will always be found not guilty.

White racism conditions them to believe that the black person did something to cause their own death.

The only thing Trayvon was guilty of was being a young, black male in the presence of a soiciopathic bigot.

ynwnan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,724 31 8
Alleybux
I can see her 10 to 15 years from now in a follow-up interview. I hope to witness a young articulate woman in a nice career who beat the odds!! :pray:

~whew...

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,919 533 244
Alleybux
fµck CNN for even asking her if she blames herself. What an awful, loaded question.

Big Red

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,335 57 13
Alleybux
The thing is they are saying below third grade reading. people for years functioned and was able to communicate like an adult but not able to read. That mess on the stand was just that.

Mrs Ossoff

The one and only
Reaction score
Reactions
94,298 1,314 559
Alleybux
It’s been just over a year since the world was introduced to Rachel Jeantel, the friend of Trayvon Martin’s who testified on behalf of the prosecution in the George Zimmerman murder trial, but may have ended up doing more harm than good.
CNN caught up with Jeantel this week, asking her if she blamed herself when Zimmerman went free. “A little bit,” she replied. Asked if she should have said something different or acted differently on the stand, she answered, “Act different.” Jeantel said the jurors in the case didn’t take her seriously as a witness, judging her for the way she looks and talks.
While Jeantel’s reading level was not above that of a third grader last summer, she has since turned her life around, undergoing intensive tutoring and graduating from high school this spring. She now credits the turnaround to her experience with the trial, saying she kept her word to Trayvon Martin to complete her high school education.
But the frank attitude she displayed in the courtroom was still there when the reporter asked her what she would say to Zimmerman today. “He did wrong, and he’s got to man up to it,” she said. “To me, you’re not a man, George Zimmerman’s not a man. That’s still a little boy, with a grown body.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-jeantel-blames-herself-for-letting-george-zimmerman-walk-free/

Such a leading question. She's not to blame. The prosecution and the state of Florida are to blame.

GoddessAmobe

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
24,123 803 467
Alleybux
Such a leading question. She's not to blame. The prosecution and the state of Florida are to blame.

it's so crazy that even Black ppl found the one Black girl in the situation and tried to blame it on her. Did she receive any kind of counseling before hand? That was a traumatic situation. Did they thoroughly prep her before putting her on the stand? They act like had she came and spoke "articulately" Zimmerman would have magically gotten convicted. Delusional.

LatxLeather

Jan- Dec.
Reaction score
Reactions
109,046 6,824 8,073
Alleybux
I hope she ca put thetrial behind her and not do anythinglike this interview for the sake of her privacy.

She did nothingwrong. It was not her fault.
She was NOT prepped by the prosecution and Martins’ atty.

She was a hostile witness….BECAUSE she was not properly prepped.
She was on the phone with TM and there was proof ofthat. Date, time, minutes. She told him,“Boy , you better run.”

GOSH I wish TMhad just ran home.

I wish GZ would nothave shot him dead. If GZ had shot him, TM would be alive andalive can prosecute a case better than a deadboy, murder. Sounds weird, but yeah. Assualt is easier to try than murder.

MayaKeats

Let Motown wrap your soul
Reaction score
Reactions
323,611 7,785 2,191
Alleybux
It was the prosecution's fault for not emphasizing that a grown man was following Trayvon in the dark and Trayvon was not going to let himself be molested. I STILL believe Zimmerman tried something. He made sure Trayvon couldn't talk.

And just watched a doc that featured Jordan Davis's mother Lucia McBath. How do these mothers not only go on living but go on trying to change laws to protect other mother's sons?

Strength and beauty. That's the kind of woman you can aspire to be, Rachel. Don't blame yourself for the hate and racism in America hundreds of years before you were born.

And even in the 70's we didn't drive in Florida (visiting family) at night if we didn't have to.

SouthCandy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
212,789 5,952 5,349
Alleybux
Rachel is not to blame. She was not prepped or given any assistance which is normal for witnesses. She was a kid mourning her friend.
Those saying she is to blame are white racists, look at their previous posts.

Tika23_

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
72 5 4
Alleybux
This is something I will never truly get over. I felt like this whole case was some bs and those jurors were some racist pricks. Karma is going to come for all of them for letting a killer run free. Let me get off of this before I really go off.

Sent from my 5017B using Lipstick Alley mobile app powered by Tapatalk

violet1989

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,281 815 722
Alleybux
Old post but Rachel seemed sullen and irritated on the stand.She didn't want to be there and couldn't even tell the story straight. She didn't even speak up in court, she just mumbled. I could barely hear her. This was a huge problem for the case and she was indeed the ''star witness'' as everyone said back then. imagine how differently things could have gone if she had invested her interest in the trial.

CoconutClean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,869 2,776 605
Alleybux
Old post but Rachel seemed sullen and irritated on the stand.She didn't want to be there and couldn't even tell the story straight. She didn't even speak up in court, she just mumbled. I could barely hear her. This was a huge problem for the case and she was indeed the ''star witness'' as everyone said back then. imagine how differently things could have gone if she had invested her interest in the trial.

would you really want to be the star witness in a trial that ends up gaining international attention? The prosecution should’ve done a better job preparing her but you can’t blame her for not being enthusiastic about being involved in a murder trial

violet1989

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,281 815 722
Alleybux
would you really want to be the star witness in a trial that ends up gaining international attention? The prosecution should’ve done a better job preparing her but you can’t blame her for not being enthusiastic about being involved in a murder trial

But she acted like an 19 year old summoned by jury duty rather than someone who knew the person that was killed. I think you know what I mean. There was just such a distance there and seemingly no interest to stick up for her friend or what she heard (or concluded) happened to him.

I agree that she needed coaching and briefing by someone. They should have told her that defence prosecutors deliberately try to both antagonize you and get you to second guess your story. She actually got so irritated from his tactics she left on the first day (''I'm not feeling well. I want to go home''). It was disastrous.