Quantcast

Randy Jackson

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
97,030 3,907 8,046
Alleybux
I think it's highly likely the Jackson's aren't very political in general this latest political fervor on each side seems new for them. Let's always keep in mind that while we're getting upset about who said what in support of who, Michael was never even registered to vote.

I see your point but This isn't about Michael though.

This is about Randy and Janet promoting Trump and using their platform to make a political stance

It does matter to me seeing a celebrity using their platform to promote someone that represents hate, racism, injustice, and sexism. You better believe I am going to be even more critical of someone who has made songs about these themes but then turns around and promotes someone that represents the exact opposite of themes.

Its disingenuous. Janet and Randy had a bunch of supporters unfollow them because of that.

Michael talked about politics in his music but he never outwardly supported a candidate or encouraged people to vote for candidate (like in this case)

And knowing the kind of person and man Michael was in terms of his VALUES and social welfare views (that he singed in his music and talked about in interviews) I could not see him outwardly supporting Trump. The Jackson's behavior makes it very very very clear why Michael stayed far away from them.

msdeelite

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
209,435 6,107 3,326
Alleybux

This is about Randy and Janet promoting Trump and using their platform to make a political stance

It does matter to me seeing a celebrity using their platform to promote someone that represents hate, racism, injustice, and sexism. You better believe I am going to be even more critical of someone who has made songs about these themes but then turns around and promotes someone that represents the exact opposite of themes.

Its disingenuous. Janet and Randy had a bunch of supporters unfollow them because of that.

Michael talked about politics in his music but he never outwardly supported a candidate or encouraged people to vote for candidate (like in this case)

And knowing the kind of person and man Michael was in terms of his VALUES and social welfare views (that he singed in his music and talked about in interviews) I could not see him outwardly supporting Trump. The Jackson's behavior makes it very very very clear why Michael stayed far away from them.

Janet never promoted trump wtf, and she didnt lose any followers, stop making stuff up.

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,303 9,217 12,106
Alleybux

So you would feel good if they supported Biden openly?

Sis, in all due respect, have you studied Joe Biden and the 94 Crime Bill? Have you heard him speak on desegregating schools? Have you heard the Zoom call Biden had with black officials? Both men are white supremacists. The only difference is Trump is in your face about it. Biden is just low key. None of these people have black people's best interest at heart.

I really look at all the hooping up and down over Biden and Harris funny, especially from black people. Both candidates created and supported policies that were very detrimental for our community. There is no reason any of us should be going so hard for them. I hope they don't do anything else.

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
97,030 3,907 8,046
Alleybux
So you would feel good if they supported Biden openly?

Sis, in all due respect, have you studied Joe Biden and the 94 Crime Bill? Have you heard him speak on desegregating schools? Have you heard the Zoom call Biden had with black officials? Both men are white supremacists. The only difference is Trump is in your face about it. Biden is just low key. None of these people have black people's best interest at heart.

I really look at all the hooping up and down over Biden and Harris funny, especially from black people. Both candidates created and supported policies that were very detrimental for our community. There is no reason any of us should be going so hard for them. I hope they don't do anything else.

I don't expect them to openly support Biden.

However, as public figures if they choose to make their political stance public then that obviously comes with consequences.

People have every right to make judgements and form opinions about it if they choose to use their platforms to sway political opinions (which is what Randy and Janet tried to do) and I am glad people equally called both of them out for it and people unfollowed them. I saw it for myself and have no reason to lie about it and people have equally criticized Randy AND Janet in this very thread.

And why should Black people be going so hard for an overtly racist narcissist who has blood on his hands of thousands of people from a pandemic???? That what is most disturbing to me when I see celebrities endorsing Trump. They don't care about his lies, racism or how THOUSANDS have died because of him. They only care about how they BENEFIT from his presidency.

Biden and Kamala's actions are not even comparable to what Trump has done to this country. Biden is a moderate Democrat and yes he does represent a broken old system of this government but c'mon.....he is not a White supremacist raving asshole like Trump.

Nobody is saying that Biden or Kamala is perfect but as a Black woman I am proud to see Kamala appointed to the highest office and I feel content with a ACTUAL level headed politician versus a nut case who doesn't give a fuq about anybody but himself.

The Jacksons should have kept their political views private if they did not want people criticizing them for it period.

GOAT4EVR

Stop playing with MJ's name!
Reaction score
Reactions
287,303 9,217 12,106
Alleybux
I don't expect them to openly support Biden.

However, as public figures if they choose to make their political stance public then that obviously comes with consequences.

People have every right to make judgements and form opinions about it if they choose to use their platforms to sway political opinions (which is what Randy and Janet tried to do) and I am glad people equally called both of them out for it and people unfollowed them. I saw it for myself and have no reason to lie about it and people have equally criticized Randy AND Janet in this very thread.

And why should Black people be going so hard for an overtly racist narcissist who has blood on his hands of thousands of people from a pandemic???? That what is most disturbing to me when I see celebrities endorsing Trump. They don't care about his lies, racism or how THOUSANDS have died because of him. They only care about how they BENEFIT from his presidency.

Biden and Kamala's actions are not even comparable to what Trump has done to this country. Biden is a moderate Democrat and yes he does represent a broken old system of this government but c'mon.....he is not a White supremacist raving asshole like Trump.

Nobody is saying that Biden or Kamala is perfect but as a Black woman I am proud to see Kamala appointed to the highest office and I feel content with a ACTUAL level headed politician versus a nut case who doesn't give a fuq about anybody but himself.

The Jacksons should have kept their political views private if they did not want people criticizing them for it period.

Based on this reply, there's no point in this discussion. Too far gone.

realtalk92

love yourself
Reaction score
Reactions
97,030 3,907 8,046
Alleybux
Based on this reply, there's no point in this discussion. Too far gone.

I actually think you are the one that is far gone because you are making this about Black people's political stance when this is about Randy and Janets political stance that they decided to make public.

As public figures in the public eye, people will rightfully judge that whether you agree with that or not.

Just as if Michael had did the same thing, people would have rightfully judged him and made opinions about it which is largely why he avoided commenting on politics outside of his music.

You can disagree with the criticisms but people are also entitled to formulate opinions as well.

Raguislife

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
and don't forget shot in the ass by Tina Turner
then, and this is when I could have gone through the TV, during Michael's 30th anniversary where he started singing (DURING ABC), "you down with OPP. Mike was not happy and attempted to stop him then Randy shoved him. The entire thing can be seen. They cut out when Mike got on his ass. Mike got gangsta and held his arms out like "what *****" (he didn't say that), but showing Randy he wasn't going to be punked. Then told Randy "do not interrupt me". Some say it was an act. No it wasn't
That OPP thing was planned. They did it both nights. The reason it was said was because Naughty By Nature's OPP samples ABC. Most wanna believe it was real because they wanted to believe Michael hated his brothers. They did similar on tour in 84(video on YouTube) except Jermaine was the one who they all disagreed with. Same as the Marlon dancing spotlight. Some thought the brothers had a problem with him doing it but they did it every night on tour.

kpnitreal100

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,842 203 124
Alleybux
That OPP thing was planned. They did it both nights. The reason it was said was because Naughty By Nature's OPP samples ABC. Most wanna believe it was real because they wanted to believe Michael hated his brothers. They did similar on tour in 84(video on YouTube) except Jermaine was the one who they all disagreed with. Same as the Marlon dancing spotlight. Some thought the brothers had a problem with him doing it but they did it every night on tour.

Are you going by what was aired or the full version of the performance that was edited where more happened?

DinBar

The Misunderstood
Reaction score
Reactions
16,872 269 60
Alleybux
With all due respect, could you kindly (as in, everyone) go discuss the allegations in the other 100k threads? At this point, I'd rather we had a mega thread dedicated to the accusations, since it seems more preferable to seeing the same arguments every time.
YES, AMEN!
proud-gif-23.gif

From the heavens above GOD knows you are preaching the truth and you are right! Thank you for that suggestion to those derailers!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6759336a62334d6f743779304d513d3d2d3430393232383731332e313462653033666230353966393737313831323739393732383235392e676966