Ratchet & Respectable- Demetria Lucas’ new podcast

TeeMoney95

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,177 304 14
Alleybux
I think

3 the wedding dress wasn’t cute or flattering.
4 someone who fInds a way to mention spending money/ getting paid every time she posts anything her fashions on the show werent reflecting that

I agree the was she views herself vs reality is definitely crazy. So is her idea of shenanigans I think she describes herself the way she wants to be and wishes people would view her.
BINGO! As one of the fonts here says often- because she’s a writer, she writes herself the way she’d like to be seen

Lola2020

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,985 308 1
Alleybux
Daisy ass (RIP) was annoying but she was not problematic. Demetria almost came across as a bully and she will never live that down. It sucks because while we knew Daisy had cancer none of them knew how left it was gonna go. I do remember her sharing her condolences but she was still pretty stoic re: their relationship or lack thereof… and she caught some slack for it. I wish she hadn’t said anything.
I think it was a lose/lose situation for her because of their history on the show. She would have been called out if she didn't say anything. If she seemed too emotional, she would have been called out about their rift and they weren't that close.

TeeMoney95

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,177 304 14
Alleybux
I think it was a lose/lose situation for her because of their history on the show. She would have been called out if she didn't say anything. If she seemed too emotional, she would have been called out about their rift and they weren't that close.
Agreed

ChildsToni

I look good, I smell good, I feel good..haaa
Reaction score
Reactions
28,260 943 64
Alleybux
3F169365-46DD-4E7C-9774-A2CE992EEB9C.jpeg

Sincere question. How can a debate about pads/tampons be a class/education thing? I wanted to ask but if she would have made a smart ass comment I wouldve lit the post up. This is the stuff she does that makes my ass itch. What was the point of this?

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
Is she hinting that women that wear tampons are of a higher class than women that wear pads?

GlamLovah

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,956 225 6
Alleybux
View attachment 3018812
Sincere question. How can a debate about pads/tampons be a class/education thing? I wanted to ask but if she would have made a smart ass comment I wouldve lit the post up. This is the stuff she does that makes my ass itch. What was the point of this?
Lord Jesus… Can she just NOT offer her opinion? It’s okay to read things and move on to the next story. Where was this debate happening? I missed it.

Most girls start off using pads because it’s easier for them to manage. Especially if they start their cycles at a young age.

Tampons may come into play later in the teens if at all. I had fibroids which caused very heavy flow so tampons were never an option for me. Does that make me low class?

She may want to research TSS before firing off certain statements. It may be a rare occurrence now, but in the 70s and 80s that was not the case. If you started your period in the early 1980s then your mom probably wasn’t offering you tampons because TSS was very much a thing.

Last edited:

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
I tried finding the pad tampon thing and all I saw was this

I think I’m too old for this crowd and that’s why I missed this debate.

ChildsToni

I look good, I smell good, I feel good..haaa
Reaction score
Reactions
28,260 943 64
Alleybux

Im younger than Demetria and I haven’t seen this argument anywhere

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
I had to search for it. I was like huhi never seen this even hinted on my timeline and I follow a lot of folks. Demetria be looking for drama.

TeaSippaa

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
112 2
Alleybux
Just because you’re raised with the elite - you can still be a bird. Demetria is the prime example of all suburban girls. They idolize secretly what they don’t know about. She’s fascinated by Marjorie.
This!!!! It’s like the nerd watching the popular with all the guys. She’s parched with how she posts every move Marjorie makes. Girl bye! Even with Marjorie’s budget she wouldn’t be able to put a fly outfit together

Shaez

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,790 161 11
Alleybux

I had to search for it. I was like huhi never seen this even hinted on my timeline and I follow a lot of folks. Demetria be looking for drama.
It was a stupid Twitter debate on Friday . I swear the things she CHOOSES to post always tells on her!

Ravenous Raven

GI, Shazam, Dino (H-Town)
Reaction score
Reactions
80,498 3,371 2,668
Alleybux
Pad vs Tampon talk….on public platforms….

FILTHY

…I’m confused about her upbringing that she alleges and her current antics…

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
It was a stupid Twitter debate on Friday . I swear the things she CHOOSES to post always tells on her!

Do you think she searches for stuff like this? Stuff where Twitter is debating things. I really didn’t see it at all on my timeline.

Raven7

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,280 277 50
Alleybux
Lord Jesus… Can she just NOT offer her opinion? It’s okay to read things and move on to the next story. Where was this debate happening? I missed it.

Most girls start off using pads because it’s easier for them to manage. Especially if they start their cycles at a young age.

Tampons may come into play later in the teens if at all. I had fibroids which caused very heavy flow so tampons were never an option for me. Does that make me low class?

She may want to research TSS before firing off certain statements. It may be a rare occurrence now, but in the 70s and 80s that was not the case. If you started your period in the early 1980s then your mom probably wasn’t offering you tampons because TSS was very much a thing.
Thank you. My fibroids prevented me from using tampons. Plus my mom never used them so I don’t use them either

Shaez

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,790 161 11
Alleybux
Do you think she searches for stuff like this? Stuff where Twitter is debating things. I really didn’t see it at all on my timeline.
Someone I follow responded to a response on this post and that response popped up in my timeline. So, yup...I can see her logging on Twitter, seeing this or a response, and totally thinking to use it for content....but...as a woman in her 40's responding to this childish foolishness??? There are a lot of other Twitter debates she could have picked besides this! There are several reasons women choose to wear pads vs tampons and CLASS and being an ELITIST isn't one of them!
1635177354018.gif

GlamLovah

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,956 225 6
Alleybux
Thank you. My fibroids prevented me from using tampons. Plus my mom never used them so I don’t use them either
My mom didn’t use them either so I used what she gave me. After 5 fibroid surgeries and I’m still going through, I know what works for me. No debate needed.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
Do y'all know she keeps reposting about this damn tampon debate? She really wants this to gain traction.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
I saw it in my FB feed today. I thought she added something to it, but it’s the same post.
Yes it's the same damn post. I'm like why is she reposting this mess. Then she did it on her Instagram too. Why? This is over.

wimbizzle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,841 1,409 83
Alleybux
I saw it in my FB feed today. I thought she added something to it, but it’s the same post.
She’ll post the same thing on every Facebook Twitter and Instagram account she has. Then she will repeat the same exact thing on the podcast in between 20 minutes of ads and think she did something.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
She’ll post the same thing on every Facebook Twitter and Instagram account she has. Then she will repeat the same exact thing on the podcast in between 20 minutes of ads and think she did something.
Right. And don't call her out on this lazy attempt at engagement so she scream fµck every five seconds. Cause she is working aajdnwe don't know what the fµck we talking about.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,564 80 1
Alleybux
Demetria is talking about Amanda Seales on today's podcast like she doesn't know that woman. She doesn't even mention her name. Weren't they friends at a time? She's been brought up on the podcast before, right? No one could ever guess that based on this segment. Interesting...

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
Demetria is talking about Amanda Seales on today's podcast like she doesn't know that woman. She doesn't even mention her name. Weren't they friends at a time? She's been brought up on the podcast before, right? No one could ever guess that based on this segment. Interesting...
I mentioned that in the Amanda seales thread. You would have thought they never knew each other. I think something happened around that time she hosted the BET awards. Demetria came over and dropped off a cake and kept it moving. Something happened after that.

NaijaMami

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
8,176 280 13
Alleybux
I mentioned that in the Amanda seales thread. You would have thought they never knew each other. I think something happened around that time she hosted the BET awards. Demetria came over and dropped off a cake and kept it moving. Something happened after that.
Can you drop the link to her thread? I used to pop in and skim but it disappeared from my watched threads. They moving everything on here nowadays!

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
Can you drop the link to her thread? I used to pop in and skim but it disappeared from my watched threads. They moving everything on here nowadays!
Of course!

chelley

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,838 1,266 1,292
Alleybux

That was so weird. Demetria didn’t even mention Amanda’s name when she was talking about Insecure and the AKA issue. She referred to Amanda as the “actress”. Amanda is the one who encouraged Demetria to decline a stable job in DC and move to LA. I do remember a while back Amanda said on her podcast that she had an encounter with an unnamed friend. Amanda was venting to this friend about a problem and that unnamed friend was trying to help resolve the issue and Amanda saying she just wanted to vent and didn’t need solutions. The friend said something like “I’m not the kind of friend to vent to. I’m a problem solver”. Something along those lines. I may be getting the story incorrect but I think Amanda was talking about Demetria and they fell out after that.

Blaq Parade

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,890 159 9
Alleybux
I haven't listened to the podcast yet. I wonder why she and Amanda fell out. I remember on one particular podcast she was talking about going over to Amanda's home to watch her host the BET Awards. It seems like they were really good friends.

FemmeBronzee

Black women in tennis >>>>>>
Reaction score
Reactions
210,533 4,166 767
Alleybux
I haven't listened to the podcast yet. I wonder why she and Amanda fell out. I remember on one particular podcast she was talking about going over to Amanda's home to watch her host the BET Awards. It seems like they were really good friends.
You gotta be wary of these fast influencer-style friendships. They’re built on these “We’re at the latest ‘It’ place, taking pictures together, let’s exchange phone numbers and get dinner sometime” surface interactions.

GlamLovah

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,956 225 6
Alleybux
That was so weird. Demetria didn’t even mention Amanda’s name when she was talking about Insecure and the AKA issue. She referred to Amanda as the “actress”. Amanda is the one who encouraged Demetria to decline a stable job in DC and move to LA. I do remember a while back Amanda said on her podcast that she had an encounter with an unnamed friend. Amanda was venting to this friend about a problem and that unnamed friend was trying to help resolve the issue and Amanda saying she just wanted to vent and didn’t need solutions. The friend said something like “I’m not the kind of friend to vent to. I’m a problem solver”. Something along those lines. I may be getting the story incorrect but I think Amanda was talking about Demetria and they fell out after that.
I’m no Amanda fan, but I will say that if my friend is venting about a problem & I start giving her solutions that she didn’t ask for, my friend has every right to say “Hey, I’m just venting. I’m not looking for advice, can you just let me vent?” Then I need to shut up & respect the boundary she has set.

Seems as though the “life coach” couldn’t just provide her friend the space to vent.

I haven’t listened to her latest podcast episode but I see she’s just as petty, bitter, & immature as ever if she can’t say Amanda’s name. She really referred to her as the actress on Insecure. Wow. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,194 5,529 152
Alleybux
I’m no Amanda fan, but I will say that if my friend is venting about a problem & I start giving her solutions that she didn’t ask for, my friend has every right to say “Hey, I’m just venting. I’m not looking for advice, can you just let me vent?” Then I need to shut up & respect the boundary she has set.

Seems as though the “life couch” couldn’t just provide her friend the space to vent.

I haven’t listened to her latest podcast episode but I see she’s just as petty, bitter, & immature as ever if she can’t say Amanda’s name. She really referred to her as the actress on Insecure. Wow. :rolleyes:
Totally agree with you. I’m not Amanda fan either. And all I kept thinking was hmm I’m not surprised if Demetria has a boundary issue. She is that friend that tells you what to do and call you a bird but then you listen to her podcast and she gushing over flowers, telling her fuckbuddy she is smitten, having the fµck buddy say I know you smitten, then say I’m going to get some tickets to Vegas and giggle.

then you sitting there going if I’m the bird then you must know cause you one too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Amanda was venting about her boyfriend. If you guys remember Demetria came over to the BET awards thing for Amanda with some cake. If y’all remember that Amanda then boyfriend was there and he took advantage of the situation and got paid. I wouldn’t be surprised if Amanda was venting about the situation and wasn’t ready to let her ex go at the time but just needed to talk and Demetria being Demetria overstepped a boundary on what she saw and how Amanda ex was taking advantage of her hosting gig. Amanda probably felt a way and washed her hands of the friendship.

Demetria always has opinion and she should learn to only offer her type of help if someone asked for it

wimbizzle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,841 1,409 83
Alleybux

Seems as though the “life couch” couldn’t just provide her friend the space to vent.

I totally agree with you and I could see Demi being rude about it too. You know she gives advice she doesn’t take in her own life. She’s the kind of person that would call you stupid for getting back with your ex then turn around and do the same thing but make it sound “romantic” when she does it.

That being said I could see Amanda going on and on and on and I’ve had friends that continuously complained about the same thing over and over but have no plans to change the situation or do better and after that you just want to tap out. It’s like I’ve offered you what I can on this topic, I’ve listened to you say the same thing but what are you going to do about it? If nothing then why are we still talking about it.

Whatever they’re both annoying though and eventually they were gonna butt heads.

Blaq Parade

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,890 159 9
Alleybux
I just listened to the podcast. Demetria is making is VERY obvious that she and Amanda are no longer friends. Constantly referring to her as the actress when we know she knows Amanda's name and we know who the damn actress is. Then she proceeded to specifically say Jay Ellis' name instead of the actor. Now if someone was to ask her what happened between she and Amanda she would get upset. Demetria did not need to make it so obvious that she and Amanda had a falling out. Very petty.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,457 186 78
Alleybux
View attachment 3033774

Amanda Seales and Demetria L. Lucas discuss "Small Doses: Potent... View attachment 3034001

This is sad. They don’t even follow each other on IG anymore. I wonder what happened to change Amanda from “lil sis” to the actress

FemmeBronzee

Black women in tennis >>>>>>
Reaction score
Reactions
210,533 4,166 767
Alleybux
Were they still “li’l sis”/“big sis” after that whole thing went down with that Emmy’s after party from a couple years ago? I see that the Small Doses book event happened a month later, but I’m wondering if the fallout of Amanda popping off about the party might have played a part eventually? Or maybe something to do with her presence on The Real (from the t8me she was on to the time she left)?