Quantcast

RE: Sharknife / OFFICIAL LSA CONTINUE THE STORY THREAD

QuincyMcCallin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,571 112 39
Alleybux
I've been on one or two forums back in my day, and there was often a Continue the Story thread. Basically, one person starts off with a bit of writing (of any length), and then the next poster continues where they left off. The fun thing about this game is that there is so much input coming from so many different directions that you never really know what's going to happen.

This is RE: Sharknife because of this thread, so why not make this sort of like a hood novel, as suggested? Lol. I'll start with just a few sentences. Keep in mind, I don't do fiction or creative writing, so don't drag me. Lmao.

"Now, she know she wrong," Shauna shook her head, pulling a sole cigarette from her coin purse. She reached over her caesar salad, lighting the cigarette with the flame of the candle that sat in the middle of the table for ambience. "I would've cussed her ass out."

Gone Girl

Amazing
Reaction score
Reactions
80,311 1,151 1,306
Alleybux
"Shhh!" Shauna shushed as she surreptitiously slid* an envelope across the table.

"What's next?"

*Bonus: Tongue twister!

Damngina10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,176 1,651 605
Alleybux
" We got to kill her... tis the only way" Shauna said staring out the window into the empy parking lot.

Bandzzz

Not about that BS!
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
1,671 27 50
Alleybux
"But last time...." Henrietta thought to herself. Henrietta looked at Shauna as if she had seen a ghost. Henrietta knew this scene too well, but she knew it was something that she had to do.

raven-symone-shocked-eyes_60_paused.jpg

Damngina10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,176 1,651 605
Alleybux
Shauna took a deep breath and stared into Henrietta's' eyes. " Look dont f*ck it up this time. I know you've been preoccupied but.."

Henrietta cut her off, " I know I know, I'm focused. I have this. I was just so..." Shauna cut her off, she could hear the struggle in Henrietta's voice. She sympathized with her struggles, but this work was is not for the weak and Shauna was growing tired of coddling Henrietta's constant f*ck ups.

Saynah

Top Model
Reaction score
Reactions
17,921 753 215
Alleybux
Shauna took a strong pull of her cigarette and blew it out slowly.

"I need you Henrietta. I can't do this alone." Shauna tried to smile and hoped it came across as sincere. Henrietta's brow furrowed. "Now, I don't want you to feel like I'm pushing you. Open the envelope and look inside first."

Princess Jazzy

President of the Dak Prescott Fanclub
Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Henrietta sighed and looked down at her untouched salad. She hated the effect the menacing woman had on her. She'd agreed to meet Shauna for lunch to make her own special announcement. Instead, she'd ended up with a job. Again. Something she promised herself would never happen. Especially not after what happened last time. But how could she tell Shauna the truth...and still live?

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Henrietta sighed and looked down at her untouched salad. She hated the effect the menacing woman had on her. She'd agreed to meet Shauna for lunch to make her own special announcement. Instead, she'd ended up with a job. Again. Something she promised herself would never happen. Especially not after what happened last time. But how could she tell Shauna the truth...and still live?
Henrietta fretted internally, staring holes in her untouched salad. After several minutes she heard the CLACKCLACKCLACK of nails, then the strike of an open palm slapping the table that snapped Henrietta back to reality.

"Henrietta girl, you with us? Girl, look in the envelope, trust me, you'll like what's inside" she told Henrietta with a slick Cheshire Cat smile. Henrietta looked inside the envelope and just as she had feared. She liked what she saw, she liked it a lot. Too many zeroes not to and with the way things were looking for her before his meeting?

Stormborn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
450 4 1
Alleybux
Henrietta let out a breath, slowly. The money was tempting, but at what cost?

Henrietta clutched the paper. All around her, silverware clinked on plates, people chattered. Too loud. Shauna stared at her, eyes promising no mercy if she declined. No escape. She shuddered.

Not again, she sucked in a breath. Not again. But it did happen. Again.

Henrietta swallowed the spit that had built up in her mouth. Shauna was ruthless, and hated the word no. If she took the job, at least, there was a chance of survival.

Henrietta's trembling fingers turned the paper over. There was a slip with a bundle of words, written in small font.

Star Hotel. Atlantic City. Must look accidental. Head trauma preferred.

Henrietta looked up at Shauna, eyes wide. "Is this ..."

Shauna nodded. "Mmhmm. Your previous job. You get a do over. Don't fµck it up again."

She stood from the table, and strutted out.

Stormborn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
450 4 1
Alleybux
@Sharknife Sorry, my post was supposed to be after @Princess Jazzy , I didn't see that you posted until it was too late. :e9_25:

ETA: Made some edits so that it would connect to your post.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Henrietta's stomach lurched, filling instantaneously with fear. She started to go after Shauna. Started to argue...to protest...to plead. But what was the point? There was no need in asking questions she already knew the answer to. Besides, the strings of loyalty threatening to strangle her couldn't be undone. She owed Shauna her very life at the end of the day. Literally.
She'd taken her in when everyone else had turned their backs. Loved her when she couldn't even fathom the true definition of the word. Loved her when no one else had...well, that wasn't quite true. One other person had. One she'd have to see again if she went through with the job.

Damngina10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,176 1,651 605
Alleybux
Henrietta's stomach lurched, filling instantaneously with fear. She started to go after Shauna. Started to argue...to protest...to plead. But what was the point? There was no need in asking questions she already knew the answer to. Besides, the strings of loyalty threatening to strangle her couldn't be undone. She owed Shauna her very life at the end of the day. Literally.
She'd taken her in when everyone else had turned their backs. Loved her when she couldn't even fathom the true definition of the word. Loved her when no one else had...well, that wasn't quite true. One other person had. One she'd have to see again if she went through with the job.

Henrietta began to look for her debit card in her purse. Shauna put her hand on her shoulder, " Stop. I'll pay. You, go prepare. I'll call you saturday. I expect that this will be the first thing I hear on the news. If they job is completed right, you'll have nothing to worry about. If not, well..."

Henrietta nodded, she knew all too well what would happen if she did not complete the job. She had been lucky, others did not get a second chance. Others did not get a redo, a chance to explain or a chance to die another day. " I know I know. I got this." She said as she began to gather her belongings and head to the door. Shauna grabbed her wrist and glance over Henrietta's figure, " One for the road?". Henrietta gulped, she hated when Shauna put her in these sort of situations, but she knew Shauna's slight infatuation was the only thing saving her. " Afterward.... let me prove myself first" she said sheepishly, slowly creating physical distance between them .

Kitten_Nibbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,358 349 105
Alleybux
The afternoon air was cool and crisp. It feels like a storm coming on, Henrietta thought. Yeah a god damn storm.

She looked back.

Through the restaurant window she could Shauna chatting gingerly to the waiter. Is that b!tch flirting? she almost said out loud. Shauna had a habit of quickly shaking her head whenever she spoke to men. It was such a short movement, almost imperceptible in fact, but mesmerizing. At times it reminded Henrietta of a rattlesnake's rattle. From where she stood she could see the whites of the waiter eyes glistening. The tip of Shauna's tongue flicking against the tips of her top teeth, a half smile. Flicking, smiling. Henrietta suddenly felt a weight, a presence around her.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The number 42 Bus came to a stop directly infront of the restaurant. It startled her. "Focus girl", she mutterd to herself. She started blinking hard and made her way towards her car. She unlocked the door with one hand and in other she held her phone.

She had no choice but to call him now. With a job like this to do? She had to call him. The number was still on her phone. She never deleted it. Why? Maybe because she always knew life would take another turn and she'd end up back here. With an address in her pocket and a job to do. She felt like crying, but that feeling left quicker than it came.
"As Ma always said. When one door closes...another one opens." Henrietta said outloud to herself. She shoved the key into the ignition and turned it. The clouds were starting to darken the day..... but it really wasn't that late.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
She glanced over at the enevelope lying prostrate in her passenger's seat and groaned like she was reacting to a lame post on LSA. Henrietta cursed herself for her weakness and threw a punch at her poor steering wheel. When would she ever get a chance to live life? To dictate her own circumstances?
Thunder boomed as she turned onto a lonely stretch of highway that would lead her home. Henrietta unlocked her cell, anxious to catch up on the latest scandalous thread she'd been lurking on her favorite website. She knew it was bad to read and drive, but LSA was the only thing that could calm her down. It was there she could be her real self, protected by the anonymity of her screen name. She could live vicariously through others, tasting life in a way Shauna would never permit her to do in reality. So many times, she'd thought of making a thread about herself. Henrietta knew the fonts on there would never believe it though. Hell, Henrietta half way believed it herself.
She'd be neg repped to oblivion if she confessed to being an assassin.
Even if it was the unfortunate truth.
Her plain, unassuming appearance had made her perfect for the job. Her phucked up home life had made her the perfect recruit. She doubted anyone had ever even noticed or cared she was gone. No one had ever had any use for her anyway...well except for Shauna, who'd groomed her extensively. Who'd nursed her back to health after that terrible incident. Who'd helped her get revenge against the step father who'd spent his nights sneaking into her room. She'd taken her first job solely out of obligation. To both of their surprise, she was good. Too good.
For the better part of the last five years, she'd been Shauna's little protege. Her little pet. One she kept in a cage and would never let go.
Henrietta sighed and clicked on the latest Beyonce thread, ready to groan anyone who spoke ill of her fave. Before the page could load, her phone started blaring. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the caller's id.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
"Hello?" she called hesitantly, watching as a bolt of lightning lit up the dreary sky.
"Hey kid," Shauna's raspy voice replied.
"Did I forget something?" Henrietta asked. She picked up the enevelope and quickly scanned it. The fake ID and plane tickets she needed to pull off the job were all there.
"No. I just wanted to say... you know I loved you, right?"
Henrietta frowned at the words. Shauna was a lot of things, but emotional wasn't one of them.
"Sure," she replied, pulling in front of her apartment building. "I love you too, Shauna."
The soft click was her mentor's only reply.
"What the hell was that about?" Henrietta wondered as she made her way to her apartment door. She unlocked it, pausing as a warning pulse of adrenaline rushed through her veins. Something about living in survival mode her whole life had strengthened her primal instincts. Her senses heightened as she reached for the gun she kept hidden at her ankle.
She'd nicknamed the pistol "bird man", for it never failed to garner respeck. Henrietta hadn't taken more than three steps inside when she heard the gun cock.
"Freeze b!tch!"
Henrietta's heart froze as she felt a cold piece of metal meet the side of her head. She couldn't see the face, but she didn't need to. She recognized the voice.
"Lou?" she called. It was her fellow trainee, the girl who'd always competed savagely with her for Shauna's approval. Louise, or Lou as she insisted on being called, had a body and complexion like Bernice Burgos. Her Stunning looks put Queen Bey to shame. But it was a big phucking waste if Henri had ever seen one. Lou thought she was a man and acting like one, too. The crazy b!tch even walked around wearing a strap on....one she liked to use on her assassinated victims...after their demise.
The first night they'd met would forever be burned into Henrietta's memory. She'd awakened to find Lou between her legs, hungrily exploring her pocketbook with her tongue. Henrietta had froze in shock, unable to face the dichotomy of abuse once again. How it felt good to her body, but it destroyed her soul. Whatever the case, her and Lou had fought. A battle that had seemingly never ended since then.
"But why?" Henrietta whispered.
"b!tch, you know why. Did you really think you'd get away with that stunt you pulled? Do you really think Shauna doesn't know about your plan to leave?"
Henrietta's mouth gaped in shock. Betrayal stabbed her in the pit of her stomach as a sick sense of realization fell over her. She should've known better.
"Look, we can do this the hard way or the easy way. I'm hoping you pick easy because I have to make this look like a suicide and I don't have much time. Save me your tears-they'll do you no good with me. You're going to shut up and go get in the bath tub."
"But--"
"Shut up and do what I said," Lou screamed, striking her with her weapon. "Now is you finished...or is you done?"

Stormborn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
450 4 1
Alleybux
At the strike, Henrietta stumbled. With a wince she nodded, and headed for the bathroom. The cold steel of Lou's gun pressed against the back of her head like a cold whisper. She held back tears.

They made it to the bathroom. Lou kicked Henrietta's shin, and she fell to her knees before the bathtub.

"Start running the water," Lou commanded.

Henrietta went for the tub's faucet, her eye on the toilet. The plunger was within reach. Its handle was real wood, hard enough to stun the b!tch if she could get it in time.

The water ran, the only sound in the silent room. Steam radiated on the mirrors.

"You may as well get naked," Lou said. "One last orgasm before you die. Least I could do."

Henrietta slowly took off her coat, putting it on the toilet. She took off her overshirt, inching closer to the toilet. Through the corner of her eye, Lou grinned in lust.

Quick as a flash, Henrietta grabbed the plunger and with all of her strength, jabbed it in Lou's belly. She bent over, clutching her stomach. The gun fell. Water swelled over the tub's lid.

Henrietta stumped Lou on the back, keeping her down. She lunged for the gun, splashing onto the flooded floor. She aimed it at her rapist, right between her evil eyes. "Who's in charge now, b!tch?"

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Lou's face curled into an amused smirk. She didn't seem the least bit bothered by the invitation to meet her maker.
"I asked you a question!" Henri yelled, stomping through the water like she was Beyonce performing Freedom. She kicked the pretty sociopath in the face.
Lou smiled, teeth coated in blood. Then she spit at Henrietta.
"Go ahead and shoot me b!tch. I'd never beg the likes of you for anything. Not even my life."
A flash of pain hit Henri just before she could pull the trigger. The gun went flying, and so did she. She landed on the flooded floor with a sickening thud. When the room finally stop spinning, a sinister smile came into view.
Henri's heart sank. She couldn't believe it though the third party's arrival shouldn't have surprised her.
Her mentor stood over her, nothing short of stunning in her all white pant suit. Shauna looked like she could be Lisa Raye's body double, her twin even. The only difference were her eyes. They sported a hue of blue that would make Fetty Wap proud.
Shauna calmly walked over to the sink, blood red soles looking as if they were gliding on the water, and rinsed off her brass knuckles. She was careful, as always, not to get a drop on her expensive clothing. Shauna turned off the faucet, eyes trained on an object on the sink. Henri scrambled to her feet in fear.
"What's this?" Shauna demanded, aqua eyes narrowing. Henri looked at the slender piece of plastic and gulped. It was why she hadn't been able to complete the job. Why she needed out of the game.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Henrietta remained silent. She knew Shauna knew what it was and no matter what she said, it would not change what was going to happen next. She kicked herself mentally. How. Could. She. Be. So. Stupid? How could she get caught up again? She knew the answer to that at least, but still was angry at herself. Shauna must have been a goddamm mind reader because she leaned in to Henrietta's face, pressing the plastic object way too close for comfort, backing her up into a wall. Henrietta knew Shauna, knew the woman was a fierce, unforgiving fighter, one that once she got the upper hand it would be over for whoever went against her. She had seen it happen before. Ducard. Alvarez. Wright. Those men and women had all met grisly, messy ends by her hands, and Henrietta had been a witness to it all.

"Henrietta get the fµck out of your head now and answer me!" Shauna shouted in that crazed half angry half happy sing song tone she would do, grabbing Henrietta's neck. Ignoring the bleeding in her shin, Henri lifted her legs up and got Shauna into an armbar, dropping the woman to the ground. Henri winced as she dropped down with her mentor and rolled off as quickly as she could. The feel of Shauna's hand wrapped around her right leg told her it wasn't fast enough. She kicked at Shauna's head, not to make contact but distract the other woman in defending her face. Shauna was very vain about how she looked and it was something Henri hoped to exploit. She managed to slip her right leg free and slinked back up against the wall. Shauna pushed herself up, grunted and Henri noticed the arm she wrapped around was much lower than usual when Shauna got herself into a fighting stance.

"Okay, okay. It's been a while yeah? I didn't want to do this to you girl, didn't expect I'd have to but it's been nearly ten years so maybe you forgot little girl who the fµck I am?" Shauna asked, swinging a left straight right at Henri. It'd been a while and Henri was rusty by she managed to barely evade the blow and get inside Shauna's reach.

big mistake.

"HNGH" she said as Shauna kneed her in the face, making Henri stumble back....

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
...and damn near fall through the wall behind her. She heard a crunch that couldn't mean anything good and moaned. Bright lights danced in her eyes, and her consciousness threatened to abandon her. It took Henri everything in her to force her eyes open and try to stand. This battle wasn't a typical one. Her love and loyalty for Shauna was clouding her judgment, thwarting her thoughts. The danger before her was clear and evident, but she didn't really want to kill her mentor. Wasn't sure what her world would be without her.
"Let me at this b!tch!" Lou yelled, taking a posture that Henri knew meant instant destruction. Lou licked at the blood trickling down her face and smiled.
"No," Shauna said, holding up a perfectly manicured finger. "This is personal. This one is mine."
Henri swallowed hard, struggling to come up with an escape strategy. Her weapons were in the next room, but how could she bypass two of the world's deadliest assassins to get them? She watched as Shauna drew her blade. The ear to ear cut was her signature. Shauna loved to leave her victim's necks smiling.
"Please..."
"I taught you to never beg. Only weak b!tches beg." Shauna thrust her wrist forward, aiming straight for Henri's stomach. Henri blocked the move, grabbing her mentor's arm and trying to break it. The women struggled. Henri swiped at Shauna's legs. The Louboutins she wore made it easy to destroy her balance and bring her down. Henri tried to run but lost her footing on the slick tile. Shauna grabbed her mentee and climbed on top of her. She wrapped her fingers around her neck and squeezed.
"I'm only doing this because I love you."
Henri struggled for air, bucking wildly in hopes of getting Shauna off of her. The woman wouldn't budge. She stared calmly into Henri's eyes as she squeezed, face showing no signs of the motherly love she'd professed to have.
Henri couldn't tell if it was tears falling down her face or just water from the floor. Her heart burned with the realization that the one who's given her a new life would ironically be the one to take it. Her chest burned from a lack of air. Henri's limbs flailed. Her fingers met a hard object. Lou's gun. Henri grabbed it and aimed.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Her aim was steady and true, or would've been normally. However her shot did land right in Shauna's eye and her mentor reflexively clutched at her eye. Henri took this opportunity to pistol whip Shauna and drop her to the ground with a THUD, then aimed the gun at Lou, hand not shaking. Lou didn't notice that detail and kept walking, no, swaggering over to her.

"It's real cute you think you got something here, that you really gonna shoot me when you ain't do it earli-SPLAT!

Lou's blood painted the wall behind her, the former tormentor reduced to a memory. Henri fired several more times and then tossed the gun, and fell as Shauna grabbed her from the ground and dropped Henri back down and twisting the leg shed injured before. Like a lioness, Shauna climbed atop Henri and pinned her down, blood from Shauna's wound dripping over her face, panting angrily. All composure Shauna had was gone now, and she was truly, undoubtedly pissed with her former protege.

"I wanted to do this quietly, take you out like how you came into this world, without sh!t but you couldn't just lay down and take it could you?" she asked Henri, digging her knee into the girl's thigh, squeezing her face again.

"I wanna live" Henri told her. She thought of the simple life she was yearning for, was so close to before today! Running, working a regular 9-5, posting absentmindedly on her favorite sites and possibly, hopefully starting something of a relationship. That last one was a hope and the others fueled her as she launched a knee into Shauna's back and rolled the woman off of her. After that, Henri backed up and saw Shauna spring up and swing at her...and miss. Shauna followed up with a high kick and that missed too! Shauna took note of her former mentor's usual deadly accuracy being so off and realized quickly her depth perception was off! She smiled to herself and felt the odds were even now.

"the hell are you smiling for? Depth perception or not I can still take you little girl!" Shauna told her and sprang forward with a straight right, then left uppercut that came INCHES too close to her face. Henrietta grabbed Shauna's fist and grappled with the woman for only a moment, then kicked her knees in to make Shauna collapse in pain. After that she kicked Shauna in the head to knock her over and then slammed a knee into her mentor's midsection. After that, she began to launch punch after lunch after punch...

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
...until she couldn't tell whose blood it was coating her knuckles. Shauna finally stopped fighting, and closed her eyes. Well, the one that still had a lid anyway. Her white suit contrasted sharply with the crimson water swirling around her. Henri panted, ignoring the ache in her heart. Now was not the time to get emotional. It had always been her tragic flaw. The thing Shauna lectured her about the most.
With the exception of the last job, Henri never had trouble psyching herself up for a kill. It was only afterwards that the guilt would kick in. She'd never be able to forget the look in their eyes when they took their last breaths. And they'd all had the same exact stupefied look. All 238 of them. Make that 240 now that her closest associates were taking eternal naps on her bathroom floor.
"sh!t!" Henri yelled in frustration, punching her reflection. She watched as the loose shards fell, feeling as shattered inside as they were. What in the ever loving phuck was she supposed to do now? Shauna had people-people that would undoubtedly come looking for her after hearing of their mistress's demise. And what about the people in the units surrounding hers? She couldn't assume that all of her neighbors were at work and that no one hadn't already phoned the police.
"What do I do?" she asked herself, thoughts jumbling as her mind raced. Henri limped toward the door. A sharp pain stopped her in her tracks. She doubled over, paralyzed as the pain moved through her lower abdomen. There were tears stinging her eyes by the time the fierce ache subsided. She slowly straightened, realizing just how bad a shape she was in.
"You don't get to walk away from me."
Henri's eyes widened in terror as she froze in her tracks. She risked a look behind her and couldn't believe her eyes. Evil was truly indestructible. Shauna was standing, pointing the gun Henri should've known would be hidden at her ankle. Shauna's aim would probably be sh!t, but at this close range... it wouldn't matter.
"I made you. And I will destroy you."
Henri did the only thing she could do.
She ran. Adrenaline helped her legs carry her out of the room just as the first shot rang out. Henri pushed every burning muscle in her body towards the front door. She snatched her keys out of the lock and sprinted outside, bullets exploding in the walls behind her. Henri made a mad dash through the rain to her car, Shauna's projectiles following in her wake. Henri ducked as her gunfire hit her windshield. She frantically cranked the car from her position and backed blindly from her parking spot. She shot off down the road, unsure of her next destination.
She couldn't go back and face Shauna and her goons, and who knew what lay ahead. If a cop happened to spot her damaged vehicle, she was going down quicker than an Instagram model in a room full of professional ball players.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Henri drove out past the city limits into the desert. She didn't stop driving until she ran out of gas and when she did, she got out of the car and started running. She did not want to stop, did not want to stop at all. Shauna really was a devil, she really was. She had always joked or others in their field had said she was a hellcat, a demon but honestly she thought it was just nicknames, not actual facts. Her reputation was well earned and Henri was at wit's end on what to do. To her surprise, stumbling across the desert, she heard a growl and saw a wolf to her right far off the road. Henri was tired, hurting and barely could stand, but she felt herself tense up ready to hit the wolf in it's
mouth. The wolf took note of her change in stance and cocked it's head to the side. Henri looked at this sight, the comical nature of this wolf appraising her as if to say "this bish gonna make me work for this meat? Am I about that alpha predator life?" really questioning if this was what it wanted to do.

"Hey dog, I've fought your type before when I was a little girl and I just got done fighting someone who sh!ts all over you in the scariness department. So even though I'm hurting, in pain and running on fµck!n' fumes, I will give you these hands and eat you swear to god!" she said, then screamed at the wolf. The wolf, clearly noticing the craziness in Henrietta, fell back and took off into the desert. Probably to get his homeboys, Henri thought, then found herself laughing. Hard. She started laughing and sat down on the side of the road, then lied down. She did not notice the shack up the road from which a young girl was walking out of with someone, an older guy. Both wore blue jumpsuits and were carrying buckets. The little girl seemed to be about eight or nine, saw Henrietta and ran over.

"Marco! Marco look! There's a lady out here!" she said, then ran over to Henrietta. She looked over her body and curiously poked the woman's cheek.

"Think she's dead?" she asked Marco, who moved past his sister and knelt down, checking the pulse. Faint.

"Naw Frankie, she's alive but barely. Lotta blood, her leg seems to be in bad shape and I'm guessing that busted car is possibly hers. Really wonder what or who left her like this" Marco told his sister, setting down his pail of water.

"D'ya think Granny Maria would let us bring her in? I mean we know a lot of shady stuff goes on in the city but this lady does need help and she said we should always help people out and stuff right?" she asked Marco, then tried to pick Henrietta up despite being a gangly eight year old.

"Hnnngh! Come on Marco, help me out!" she said. Marco then lifted up Henrietta, cradling her.

"Frankie, tell granny what happened out here and get like the bath ready and stuff. Get the bandages out and flip the table, then call 911 or something alright?" he asked his sister while walking.

"But yo what if granny says don't call? I mean remember granny used to do all that top secret shush shush ninja stu-

"I know. If granny says don't call we don't call alright?" he asked his sister, looking down at her.

"Okay bro! See ya there!" she told him, running back to the house with the water pails. Once Marco brought Henrietta inside, he saw Frankie standing next to Granny Maria. Granny was a lean woman with long braided hair and hawkish eyes, a trait her and her grandchildren shared. She had a slight ever present grin on her face, just like Frankie and took Henrietta's body from Marco with surprising strength, placing the woman on the bed.

"Francesca, what did her car look like? Was it damages?" she asked in a hoarse voice.

"There were bullet holes in the windshield, broken down tires and bullet holes in the door. Cheap car model, 88' I think?" she said, finger to her chin.

"88 is right sis" Marco said, patting her on the head.

"Marco, I'll take care of her injuries. We are not calling this one in. If anything once she heals, we send her on her way, okay? If she doesn't talk to you, don't talk to her. Understood Francesca?" Granny Maria asked.

"What? She looks interesting! I mean you always tel is outside is dangerous and about your past what if she's li-

"It. Is. Not. Important what she is like. Francesca, Marco will watch her since you can't seem to follow simple directions" Granny Maria snapped. Francesca huffed and muttered something under her breath.

"What was that girl?" granny asked.

"She's just tired grandma, that's all" Marco said, picking his sister up. Marco was a tall, wel built young man with dreads that covered his face, a nice friendly photogenic smile with hawkish eyes that offset he smile. He walked Francesca down the hall and sat the younger girl in her room.

"Man I just wanted to know the lady's story! Granny tells us all about hers but we can't find out about other people's li-

"Granny tells us those stories as cautionary tales Frankie! We only learn the things we do so we can defend ourselves, remember that alright? Granny is old so she's kinda set in her ways but she loves us, she really loves you too, says you're a lot like her as a kid" Marco reassured Frankie.

"What? No way!"

"Uh huh, she tells me all the time when I take her to the 'Doctor' and stuff. Gotta kee it a secret though okay? She wants to seek tough alright?" he asked Frankie, poking her stomach.

"Heehee, okay" she said. Marco walked out her door, then turned.

"I'll tell you what she tells me, if anything okay?" he asked and she nodded. Marco then walked out and proceeded to help Granny Maria take care of the woman's wounds, bathe, then clothe her. Next morning, Henrietta woke up bewildered. She figured she would be dead and to feel sheets on her and find someone in a mechanic's jumpsuit staring at her was strange and alarming. Henrietta grabbed the nearest thing she could find-a pair of scissors-and tossed it at the man, right at his head ready to take him out. Once it hit his head and he was out shed run, find whatever kinda vehicle he had and then take off.

It didn't work. He deflected it, then grabbed his hand.

"Ngg, ya nicked me! Never really seen anybody throw like that since Granny" he said. Henrietta got up and found she wasn't in her clothes, but pajamas. That was disconcerting to say the least. She stood there, ready to fight while the man stayed in his seat.

"You should sit down, you lost a lot of blood last night" he told her from his seated position.

"Who are you? Are you with Shauna? What is this sh!t why am I here?"

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Marco shook his head and slowly stood. He noticed how the woman tensed, ready to pounce. He also noticed how beautiful she was even in her battered state.
"Whoa. Calm down," he said, putting his hands up. "I don't want to hurt you."
Henri looked unconvinced. She looked wildly around the room and then focused her attention back on him. He looked harmless enough, but Henri knew better than to assume. Still, something about his dimples and delicate features gave him an almost boyish essence. His body said he was a full grown man though. Henri surveyed his bulging biceps and big hands realizing that he could crush her. She'd have to bring him down hard and fast.
"I'm not sure who Shauna is, but I'm Marco." The smiling man reached forward. Henri socked him.
Marco cried out, grabbing the side of his face. Henri steadied herself, ready to defend against his counter attack. Only he never made his move. He just stood there, a bewildered look on his face as he studied her in shock. Henri slowly dropped her arms.
"I only wanted to shake your hand. That's how people generally introduce themselves. At least, that's what we do around here. Maybe things are different in the big city." He flexed his jaw, never taking those hawkish eyes off the girl who'd obviously been preyed upon.
"Where am I?" Henri asked, risking a look out of the window. All she saw were miles and miles of scorched earth, framed by the mountains in the distant background.
"You're in Rachel."
Henri frowned in confusion. She thought she'd been heading towards Reno.
"I take it you didn't come here to see aliens?"
"What?"
"Area 51? No one comes here unless they're chasing UFO's. But it seems you were running."
Henri sighed as the events of the night came flooding back to her. So did the pain. Her adrenaline waned, and its numbing effects did too. Her rib cage screamed, and her aching head started spinning. Henri swooned. Marco caught her just before she fell.
"Whoa there," he said, gently guiding her back to the bed. Henri didn't fight, collapsing against the pillow in pain.
"You should take these," Marco said, grabbing a bottle from the nightstand. Henri hesitantly accepted the two pills and the glass of water he offered.
"Thanks," she said awkwardly, not sure of what social grace she should display. After working for Shauna for so long, it was sometimes hard to behave "normally". Henri was always paranoid that she was being set up. She couldn't help but to suspect the man despite his gentle smile and calming baritone.
"You should probably get some rest. You were pretty banged up when we found you."
Henri shot up as alarm ripped through her body.
"Wait a minute. We?" she cried, looking around frantically. "Who the hell is we?"

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
As she looked around, Henrietta would see a little girl's head peep out curiously from the hall, the same eyes as the man. She was young, younger than her when she started the career. She had her hands gripping the side of the wall as she peered out at Henrietta in curiosity.

"C'mon out Frankie, granny isn't here so you can talk to the lady" Marco said, waving the little girl over. She wore a mechanic's jumpsuit like the man and they shared some facial features as well. The girl was a gangly thing and ran over next to Marco, eyes locked with Henrietta who was still sitting up.

"Hello" she said with a faint, quiet voice, waving slowly at Henrietta.

"Hello...Frankie right?" she asked the girl, who nodded with a big grin.

"Yea, my real name is Francesca but I like going by Frankie. Much simpler you know? My big bro Marco and I found you when we went to go dump out the extra water we get out here that backlogs stuff in the house for our Granny Maria. You were in bad shape what happened to you? Ya get into a fight? Cause it seemed that way with how your leg was all messed up and big bro saw your other injuries on your body when he ba-Marco covered Frankie's mouth, smiling nervously.

"She's kind of a motormouth, but yea Granny and I uh took care of you when Frankie and I brought you in. Though I was pretty sure Frankie here was asleep" he said through gritted teeth, then moved his hand from her mouth.

"Ha! Fooled ya then, you're not as sneaky as me bro!" she said, then stuck her tongue out at Marco. Henrietta couldn't help but laugh at the moment, it was a bit nice. Then she clutched her ribs in pain and winced hard. Marco reached out to her, looked over at her eyes, then backed off.

"Yea uh we don't exactly get the best medicinal stuff out here unless Granny is on a 'trip' but these take a while to kick in. Sorry but you're gonna be stuck with us in the meanwhile" he told her. This place seemed off the map and quiet, an unlikely place for her to be found, so Henrietta relaxed back into the bed a bit. She then get someone press on her side and swung, but missed! The little girl had really good reflexes to avoid her strike. Frankie popped her head up again, cautiously eyeing the older woman with a bit of awe in her face.

"Woah you're fast! Only bro swings like that mostly when we're playing, or wel when we used to! We don't play like that anymo-

"Frankie!" he stressed, his calm voice getting sharp with consternation for the first time. The little girl looked back at him, then at Henrietta, sad.

"Uhm sorry, I can't talk about that stuff with you. What do you wanna talk about? You running from somebody?" she asked Henrietta, eyes wide with curiosity.

"I was actually. It was with a...a" Henrietta paused as she tried to figure out how to describe Shauna. she was a lot of things to Henrietta, but was she ever really her friend?

"A...an old teacher of mine" she told Frankie, who nodded slowly.

"I don't get it, you get a bad grade and fought her for a better one?" she asked.

"Heh, something like that Frankie" she told the girl. Marco watched them both with a smile, leaning back in his chair.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
"I'll be right back!" Frankie declared. Before Marco could blink, the girl ran from the room and returned with a brush. She cautiously approached the bed. When Henri didn't react, Frankie climbed on the bed beside her. She started humming, playing with Henri's jet black locks as if she was some kind of oversized Barbie doll.
"She's pretty," she told her brother. "Can we keep her? Puh-lease? Pwetty Please?"
Marco had to laugh at the suggestion. He wasn't surprised at his sister's reaction to the new youthful and feminine presence. What was shocking, however, was his own reaction to it. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't captivated by the mystery in her eyes.
"She's not a pet, Frankie. I'm sure she has a life of her own. Why don't you get off the bed so she can rest?"
Henri shook her head.
"She's fine," she told him, shocking herself. Even though pain shot through her ribs ever time the girl moved, she found the child's gestures endearing.
"I just realized I don't know your name," Marco said. Henri swallowed hard, unsure of how to answer. A part of her wanted to tell him everything. He just seemed so...safe. Henri didn't have a friend left in the world and she could think of nothing she needed more than an ally. But perhaps the less he knew, the better. Dragging him into her web of madness wouldn't be any good for anyone involved. Marco seemed to sense her hesitation.
"I understand if you don't want to say," he said. "I don't mean to pry."
"Can I name her?"Frankie asked, clasping her hands in excitement.
"I already have a name, silly. It's Henri. Henrietta."
"You mean like Henry and Etta put together? Was your dad's name Henry or something?"
Henrietta froze at the question. She knew the innocent kid hadn't purposely wielded the verbal assault, but the words had struck her nevertheless. Reflecting on the past was a great way to start Henri on a downward spiral into depression. She didn't think about her life before now. Who'd she'd been. Where she'd come from. All that had mattered was completing the kill and making sure Shauna was pleased with her work.
"Frankie," her brother started. "We really need to let Henrietta rest. I'm sure she doesn't feel like talking."
The girl groaned, hardly bothering to disguise her disappointment.
"Can I get you anything?" he asked.
Henri shook her head though she was tempted to ask for an over dose of morphine.
"You've been kind enough. I'll just rest up a bit and then be on my way."
Marco frowned.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
"D'you have to go? I mean where you gonna go with no car? Hitchhiking is dangerous out here! You should stay and hang out. All my friends live in Alamo or out of state like our fa-" Frankie stopped herself and looked at Marco, who was frowning. He smiled at his sister and reached over to rustle Frankie's own wild hair.

"You know what? It's okay Frankie, you can talk to her about it all okay?" Marco said.

"Bu-bu-bu-but Granny Maria always said we shouldn't talk about the past! She'll be soooo mad!"

"Well Granny Maria doesn't have to know, right? I'm older, I'll take responsibility okay? Spill your heart out kiddo okay?" he asked her. Henrietta watched as the girl eased up, her hands running through Henrietta's hair.

"Your hair is really pretty. You're really pretty" Frankie giggled.

"You said that already" Henrietta told her.

"I know but wow! You're like a magazine girl or something!" she said, continuing to brush.

"...If you don't wanna talk to me I'll understand" Frankie pouted

"How about you talk to me? What was it you were about to say?"

"Oh well that you seem like you're kinda scared though but you don't need to be! Bro and I know stuff. I mean you gotta know stuff too way you swung at me, that was a trained reaction right bro?" she asked Marco, who nodded. Henrietta was surprised by the girl's insight. She then recalled how quickly she reacted, how Marco had deflected her toss earlier and his build. They weren't simple mechanics of that was their occupation.

"Trained reaction? What do you mean by that?" Henrietta asked Frankie.

"It's similar to something pops did to big bro! I was only five and bro seventeen but dad used to try and attack him
in his sleep to train him to stay aware in his sleep. I never got to do it but I'm okay with that" she told Henrietta. Henrietta looked at Marco, whose expression was unreadable at the moment. Guarded but somehow understanding. Marco himself was enthralled by her eyes and well, he couldn't lie, everything else about her under the sheets. He kept his eyes level with hers though while Frankie talked.

"Yea, I came here with big bro about three years ago. Daddy was traveling with big bro and they had an argument, something about our moms and then I heard daddy scream and Marco picked me up and we left California that day. Granny Maria met us at the airport and well we stay out here now. It's a hideout or something away from the world. There's like a blind spot or something granny said so we don't show up on satellites and there's like only fifty people in the town!" Frankie exclaimed.

"Bro goes to school online and I bud into Alamo. Granny runs the day to day business with big bro usually" she said, toying with Henrietta's hair. Henrietta had somehow stumbled or ended up still in the game somehow, or at least in a refuge. She couldn't stay and expose this little girl, and Marco, her big brother who seemed so caring. Henrietta let Frankie drone on and on as she learned about the girl's school, her friends, games she played and more. She had started to fall asleep when Marco stood up from his chair. He folded the chair up and slid something sharp down his sleeve, a dagger that he held back while walking towards the door. Henrietta felt Frankie get low behind her, hiding her stringy body behind Henrietta.

"Granny announces herself by saying where she was born, Tegucigalpa. We say Honduras back and then let her in. If a person doesn't say that we gotta get ready to defend ourselves" Frankie told her and Henrietta's heart dropped. What if she'd been followed? What if she'd ruined this hideaway for them? Got them killed? Marco opened the door and Henrietta looked over...

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
...his shoulder. Or at least she tried to. His tall frame blocked the visitor from view. Henri hauled herself up, leg protesting angrily when she put weight on it. She felt as if she'd been run over by a train, but it didn't matter. She felt obligated to protect the gracious family she'd dragged into her mess. Henri's mind flashed briefly to the GPS trackers Shauna often used on the cars of her marks. Had her vehicle suffered the same fate?
Henri signaled for Frankie to hide. She scooped up the scissors she'd thrown earlier and started to run towards the door.
"Becky? What are you doing here?"
"What else? To see you Marco. I saw the shop was closed. I saw your Grandmother at the diner and she told me you were under the weather. I thought I'd come to check on you."
Henri told her self to freeze at the words. Her muscles, however, didn't get the message and she fell to the wooden floor with a hard thud. Frankie covered her mouth in an unsuccessful attempt to hide her laughter. Marco spun around in shock. His visitor peered through the doorway. The look on the woman's face was unmistakable. She was pissed to see Henri. It was evident in the way she looked her up and down as Marco lifted her to her feet.
"Are you hurt?" he asked, surveying her for damage. Henri shook her head, noting the tenderness of his touch.
"Um, is everything okay?" the girl asked, crossing her arms. She was obviously looking for an explanation.
"You can go now," Frankie told her abruptly. The little girl moved to close the door in the agitated woman's face.
"Frankie," Marco admonished gently. He knew his sister hated Becky with a passion and often had to remind her not to show it so much. Everyone in town knew that Becky was sweet on him. Marco wasn't sure how flattered he could be at that though. It wasn't like there were many people his age around. Generally, people took off for the bright lights and seductive promises of Vegas as soon as they graduated high school. Some didn't wait that long. Marco stayed for the sake of his sister. And besides, who else would help their Grandma run the auto shop and diner she owned in the center of the town? His grandma was a tough cookie, but she was getting up in age. She needed him. The same way he'd needed her. He'd forever be grateful for the way she'd taken him and Frankie in.
"I don't know if I met her before. Is your Grandmother running a boarding house now?" Becky asked, pulling her good hair over her shoulder.
"Nonya," Frankie muttered. Marco shot a warning glance at his sister before turning his gaze back on Becky.
"Well," he started, mind going blank as he looked at Henri. The words wouldn't come. He didn't know what to tell Becky about the beautiful stranger who'd seemingly dropped from Heaven and landed in his lap.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
"She's from Vegas and she's in one of bro's online classes. She came out here to help him study since we couldn't get the book for this class, isn't that right big bro?" She asked Marco, who quickly caught on while Henrietta propped herself up and sat back down on the bed while Franky tossed the covers over her.

"Yea, she came out here but uh her car wasn't in the best shape. The UNLV campus is kind of grimey and she got caught up in some of that on her way here" he said, sliding and kicking the dagger over to Frankie, who hopped off the bed and picked it up, then stuck it in the drawer on the bed. Becky craned her neck or tried to as Marco blocked her view of Henrietta and Frankie gave her the stink eye. Henrietta watched Frankie antagonize this other girl and felt the younger girl grab onto her arm protectively. Henrietta found the little girl to have a surprisingly strong grip, and was a bit taken aback when she sat in her lap, but allowed it to happen.

"Doesn't seem like you two did much studying, unless she's got a pair of the same pajamas you wore to the dinner that one time?" she asked Marco, laughing raucously and patting Marco's muscular chest.

"It was so cuuuuute when you wore that to the diner! Definitely cute when you wore it, hon" she told Marco, who looked away. Henrietta looked at the pajamas and noticed the designs on them. They were Ninja Turtles and were rather oversized on her, but probably undersized on Marco. The mechanic uniform hid his figure somewhat but Henrietta could tell from his movements he had a powerful build underneath. One developed from years of work, in this field and possibly the one same as her own. The way he had handled the knife and slid it back was a very slick move in her opinion, another one practiced.

"He doesn't even like you like that" Frankie muttered under her breath, making sure Marco didn't hear her. Henrietta stared in surprise at the fierceness in Frankie's pre-adolescent tone of voice. It was like a puppy growling at someone. She watched curiously as Marco dealt with Becky. She could tell from his body language he was uncomfortable with her being at the door and seemed to want to get the conversation over with, but his politeness prevented him from shutting the door on her like his sister.

"Well uh, heh, we were doing so well I kinda decided to celebrate with a bottle or two gran had in the fridge. Some of that with some coke and well she fell asleep. Gran came home and asked what was up and well I wasn't feeling so hot either. Hungover like crazy think I had about three bottles, she had about two?" he asked no one, raising a hand up to try and count, playing the role of forgetfulness.

"Well I never knew you were such a heavy drinker Marco! What about little Franceesha?"

"It's Francesca, and well she was out like a light after trying to braid her hair. In fact she just woke up like a few minutes ago, planning to make her breakfast and all that good stuff" he told Becky.

"That's so kind of you, does she have a name though or???" Becky asked, tutting and twirling her fingers through her hair. The way Becky said she, Henrietta could feel the venom on her lips.

"Yea, her name is Virginia" Marco lied, and Henrietta found herself raising an eyebrow at the name choice while Frankie sat on her knee. Becky leaned to the side to get a look at her and found Frankie sticking her tongue out.

"Virginia huh? Well she shouldn't stay too long, you know how your grandma feels about you having girls over" Becky told him.

"Hah, don't have to remind me. Too much estrogen around is what your old man and your brother would say" he laughed lightly, then put his hand on the door.

"Yup, but if you ever do want to hang out, my house is always open Marco" she said, then sauntered away, waving. Marco waved silently then closed the door.

"Her house isn't the only thing that's always open for Marco" Frankie said, and Henrietta had to cover her own mouth to keep from laughing. Marco sat back down and sighed, then saw Henrietta laughing and looked at Frankie.

"You are too damn much, you know that?" he asked his sister, who merely shrugged.

"What? You always tell me to be honest about people and I don't like her so I let her know! Besides you don't even like her like that, she just deluded" she said.

"Yeah I don't but I don't wanna make waves out here, especially with how small this place is you know? Better nobody know a thing about my past, yours or grandma's you know?" he asked, then looked at Henrietta, who he found was smirking at him.

"Virginia?" she asked, and Marco ran his hand over his head, shaking his dreads. He found himself staring at Henrietta, admiring the features of her face, her eyes, her lips and man she was distracting.

"It's where Henrietta Lacks was born. Way you reacted when Frankie asked about your name I figured you got something or someone you're running from and the less people know the better, yeah?" he asked, then looked towards the kitchen.

"Want breakfast before you go?" he asked her.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
"Bro!" Frankie shrieked. "What do you mean before she goes? I want her to stay here."
Henri looked at the little girl with the big personality, surprised at the warm tug she felt in her heart.
"We don't always get what we want kiddo," Marco replied, unsure if he was talking to his sister...or himself. "If Henri wants to leave, we can't hold her hostage."
"You don't wanna leave, do you?" Frankie said, throwing her best puppy dog face at Henri. The woman couldn't help but to smile. Truth be told, she really didn't want to leave. For the first time since she could remember, she felt safe. She was free from her murderous lifestyle and all the paranoia that came with it. Only, Henri knew it wouldn't last long. Shauna wouldn't rest. She'd come back at her with a vengeance, and Henri wouldn't be able to live with herself if little Frankie got caught in the crossfire.
"But you're all broken up! Look at you. You can barely move. And besides, my brother still has to fix your car. I bet cha' it doesn't even run."
Henri silently weighed the girl's words. She was right. Where would she go when she left here? And how exactly would she get there with no vehicle?
"It's just out of gas," Henri told her. But it was in bad shape appearance wise. It would be hard to be inconspicuous rolling around in something riddled with bullet holes.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
"I'll stay until I can get my car fixed, or at least get a new vehicle, that should take a bit longer, yea?" she asked Marco.

"Yea, yea it should take till tomorrow at the most. You didn't really have much on you and what you did have was caked in blood so think of it as on the house okay?" Marco asked her.

"Oh no I couldn't do tha

"You kinda have to, you got no money on you. Gran'll help with that though" Marco told her.

"But she still all busted up, she fell trying to rush Becky!" Franky announced to her brother.

"Besides, where ya gonna go anyways?" Frankie asked her. Henrietta still didn't have an answer to that question, she wanted to stay so badly but maybe running is what she had to do. Marco had made his way over to the kitchen and started pouring milk and cereal in three bowls.

"Where she goes ain't our business unless she wants to tell us Frankie. You're right she's still gotta heal up so that's maybe a few more days, unless Henri decides otherwise" he said. Henrietta looked at Marco, then Frankie.

"I'm stuck here, not that I'm complaining" she said. Frankie leaped up to hug her, but did it softly remembering the woman's injuries.

"Yay! We'll have fun okay! Show you the arcade, the alien restaurant and we can hang out and mess with the people looking for aliens! I got s mask and everything bro used to use for fu...he's looking at me isn't he?" Frankie asked and Henrietta nodded, trying not to laugh and failing. It felt good to laugh and she was glad she decided to stay.

She would stay here for as long as she needed to get her car fixed. If she had to run on fifty percent, she would. She wouldn't forget her time here though, that's for sure. Even if her time on this Earth came very soon. Marco came over with the cereal bowls, handing her and Frankie a bowl each. Henrietta recognized the cereal brand as Frosted Flakes. It was hard to remember the last time she had any.

"Hey! Eat up! It's more than good, it's grrreeeaaaat!" Frankie told her. Henrietta shook her head and laughed, then got sad, poking at the bowl.

"Yea, the more you eat the faster you'll heal, least that's how Granny tells it" Marco said, his intense gaze focused on her, smiling as if to tell her to enjoy herself as she dug in and started eating with Frankie. After breakfast and a nice washing of the faces, Marco took her to the auto shop where she finally got to meet Granny Maria. She could see the resemblance she had with her grandchildren, the eyes. She had a sleek build and wore a jumpsuit with a metalworker apron and greeted Marco with a simple wave. Henrietta stepped out of the car with Marco's help, leaning against it while dressed in something different than Marco's pajamas and instead an oversized shirt Granny had. It was a team Brazil shirt and she had on shorts as well as her shoes from yesterday. Granny sized her up with beady eyes.

"So, Jane Doe is awake?" she asked.

"Her name is Henrietta granny. She's uh, she's kinda like us, I think" Frankie said, throwing kicks, chops and punches at the air. Granny nodded.

"I see. Francesca, go stock the candy okay? Take one of each. Marco, you go take care of the her car. The windshield, doors and windows are riddled with bullets but there was something on the tailpipe I had to tear off. You can fix that right boy?" she asked in a hoarse, accent laden voice. Henrietta could trace it to Panama from what she knew.

"Yea, got it granny" he said. Marco passed by Henrietta and whispered in her ear:

"She can be kind of intense, but she's good peoples" he told Henrietta. As Frankie and Marco left to their different jobs, Granny patted Henrietta on the shoulder.

"The boy, Marco, he's much more polite. Good boy, like his grandpa that way. Me? Not so much. You had a bad run in, you reeked of another person's blood. Tell me now before you go so I can cover your tracks and make sure their pasts doesn't get brought back up because of yours. Marco has killed, Frankie hasn't. I'd like to keep her hands clean. Now, what happened?" Granny demanded sharply, holding up a GPS tracker. As she did that, a car was rolling into town and stopped where Henrietta's car had been earlier. The same wolf from before had come back with some buddies, four of them. The people in this new car, this Cadillac, pulled over next to the wolves, rolled the window down and BANG, then took off towards the entrance to Rachel, Nevada...

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
...speeding the entire way. The vehicle transversed the dusty terrain carrying something more ominous than aliens. It would've been easier, less conspicuous, to enter the town under the cloak of night. Only the car's occupants didn't care who saw them. Witnesses be damned, They had a job to do and wouldn't rest until it was complete.

Maria nodded as Henrietta finished recounting her story. She didn't say anything. She rubbed her chin and just studied the battered girl in silence. Henri shuffled nervously under her heated gaze. There was something unnerving about the older woman's eyes. Henri felt naked before her, like she could see through to her very soul. She also felt sick to her stomach. Henri folded her arms around her stomach and dropped her head.
"Are you about to be sick girl? The bathroom is that way," Granny Maria said, gesturing with her head.
"I'm just nauseas," Henri replied, wishing she hadn't eaten that sugary cereal.
"You probably have a concussion. You really should be in the bed resting. Those grandchildren of mine shouldn't have brought you out of the house. A new face, especially one as pretty as yours will not go unnoticed. We'll have to get you a cover story."
Henri wanted to tell her that Marco had already concocted one for her. But she was afraid to open her mouth. If she did, she'd end up hurling all over garage's floor. The door to Henri's right swung open. Henri reached instinctively for Birdman. Her fingers met her bare ankle and she panicked for a moment. Her racing heart slowed down when the little girl poked her head through the crack.
"Granny!" Frankie called, barely able to talk through her mouthful of candy. "Rocky said he needs help ASAP. The diner's getting busy. Lots of alien hunters in town today."
"I'll be right there," Maria responded, shooing the little girl off.
"I could help," Henri said.
"No, you can't," Maria replied, shaking her head sternly. "You keep a low profile. I don't want people to start asking questions. I don't mind lending a helping hand, it's the Christian thing to do, but I won't have anyone putting my grand babies' lives in danger. Is that understood?"
Henri nodded, hearing the words Maria didn't say. The old woman didn't have to worry though. Henri felt the same sense of duty to protect the people who'd saved her life. She hated feeling like the weakest link though. Her physical agility was no doubt her greatest asset. Being barely able to walk and unarmed had her on edge.
"You can come and have a soda to settle your stomach, and then I'll have Marco to take you back to the house. It's probably about time to change some of those bandages too."
Henri nodded and winced as she struggled to her feet. One of her ribs had to be broken. She was sure of it.
The door connecting the auto shop to the diner swung open again. This time a man with a greasy apron appeared. He had a spatula in his hand and a frown on his face.
"Maria, I can't keep up," he called. His anger seemed to dissipate when his eyes landed on Henri. He smiled, lust gleaming in his beady eyes. Henri shifted uncomfortably. There was something familiar about his face. She couldn't quite put a finger on it though.
"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" he mused, undoubtedly undressing Henri with his eyes.
"Rocky, get your ass in that kitchen. We're losing time an money," Maria barked, shooing him back through the door. Maria went through after him and Henri followed in her wake. Henri took a seat at the bar and looked around. The place didn't seem all that busy to her. But it was probably because she was used to the crazy crowds in Vegas. Perhaps there were enough people in here to drive a single cook mad. Henri watched in amazement as Marco, his grandmother, and his sister sat people, took orders, and cleaned the tables. There was an older lady working the cash register for them. She kept the line long, primarily because she kept up long conversations with every customer. Henri pegged her as the nosey, gossipy type and made a note to keep her distance.
"And here's your order madam."
Henri turned, shocked to see Marco on the other side of the bar holding a cup out. She took the soda, trying to break herself out of the trance his bright smile put her in. His aura was overwhelming and it was getting harder to deny its impact. When he spoke, she somehow heard his voice somewhere past her belly button. She had the strangest urge to wrap her arms around him and bite that enticing bottom lip.
"Are you okay?" he asked, pulling his dreads back. Henri nodded and stared down at the counter. She had to get it together. She had to get her mind and body right before she got caught up and got herself in trouble.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
The cook walked behind Marco, whistling a cat call as he did. Henri frowned. Something about Rocky was grimy as hell. She wouldn't trust anything he cooked. Marco rolled his eyes and shook his head.
"Don't pay him any mind. That's Becky's big brother. He's what happens when you drink too much liquor and have too few brain cells."
Henri nodded. She should've known. He had the same good hair as Becky and even wore it straightened as if he were a woman. She wasn't an expert in food service, but she could've sworn cooks were supposed to tie their locks back or throw on a hair net. Customers probably had all kinds of strands in their pancakes and eggs.
"You know," Marco said, moving closer, "you're pretty lucky to be alive."
"Tell me about it," she said, before sipping from her straw.
"Those are some serious holes in that car. It might be easier to just give you one of those clunkers we have out back. I could maybe trade some parts with your car and get one of them going."
Henri nodded, trying to stay focused. Marco was so close, she could smell the soap he'd used. The way he was whispering in her ear stirred a yearning within her. Her body didn't seem to care that she needed to concentrate on a solid escape plan.
"Stop tripping," she muttered to herself.
"What?"
"Oh, um, I said that sounds great. I really do appreciate it."
Marco flashed his dimples in response. His smile was like an alarm clock, waking up parts of her body. sh!t.
"Um, where's the restroom?" she asked, when she felt the dampness between her legs. Marco pointed at the narrow hallway to his left. Henri thanked him and hobbled to the ladies room.
"Get a phucking grip," she told herself in the mirror. She splashed her face with water and briefly admired the cool braid Frankie had done in her hair. She used the bathroom and hung out in the stall until her raging hormones calmed their asses down. That kind of distraction was sure to get someone in her situation killed.
She emerged from the restroom just as someone slipped from the men's.
"Hey sweet thang," Rocky called, approaching her. Henri ignored him, and started up the hall.
"You know you hear me talking to you," he said grabbing her. Henri spun around to face him. She looked at his fingers locked around her arm then back up at his face.
"Girl, don't be like that. I'm just trying to get to know you. I'm just trying to be your friend."
"What gave you the impression I wanted friends?" she asked. He had about three seconds to let her go before she snatched off his testicles and fed them to him.
"Oooo you feisty and fine. I like that sh!t. Why don't we hang out when I get off? You know, get a little more acquainted?"
"How about you stop touching me before sh!t gets real?"
"What?"
"You heard me."
"So you think you to good for me or something?" he asked, tightening his grip. "Should've known you were one of those stuck up ass city b!tches."
That was it. Henri felt her adrenaline ramp up. She balled her fist, ready to knock out a few teeth. Before she could swing though, Rocky went flying. Henri blinked, dumbfounded for a second before she saw Marco swing again.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Marco had hit Rocky with a strong left straight, then a right, knocking the older man down like white on rice. Rocky was larger than Marco but that didn't seem to matter to the young man, or his fists. The diner patron's attention was focused on the brawl that had seemingly started but was over before it began. Marco stood up and dusted his fists off on an apron he had on while standing next to her. Henri could see the shift in Marco's previously relaxed stance from earlier to a much more serious one. Frankie had her fist raised and was quietly cheering on her brother while Maria sighed and nimbly hopped over the counter.

"No means no Rocky. Lady said she didn't want to do anything with you, gotta respect that alright?" he asked the man, who groggily rose to his feet. Marco stood incredibly close to Henrietta, right by her side. She could feel the warmth from the heat outside on him from this close and was thankful he didn't smile at her but his face was instead flushed with concern. He looked like he wanted to grab her but, remembering earlier kept his hands to himself and stuck them in his pockets.

"You okay? I know your injuries are still hurting and everythi-

"I'm fine" she told him abruptly, trying not to worry Marco. Maria made her way over as Rocky slowly rose.

"The fµck Marco? Ya just go off and hit me over some random chick? What's ya problem?" he asked, wiping blood from his lip.

"My problem is your attitude Rocky!" Marco said, raising his voice for the first time since Henrietta got here, finger pointed at Rocky ready to jab his chest. Then, Maria arrived in between the two, her long bony arms outstretched.

"Marco dear? I think it's time you took our guest home and got her ready for her trip" she said, ignoring the groan from Frankie.

"What, she his girlfriend or something? Way she walking around I was wondering if she wa-Rocky stopped talking as Marco and his grandmother both stared him down.

"And if she was?" Marco asked, but went silent when his grandmother shushed him.

"As for you, Rockefeller. I have told you many a time about your hair and the vanity you have regarding it, boy" Maria said and yanked the man down to his waist. Her bony arms had a lot of strength it seemed, and she wrapped a hair net on him.

"If I have to do this again or hear about hair in eggs again, your father being the sheriff or not, I will fire you on the spot" she told him, staring the larger man down. Something in her eyes made him back off and grumble back to the kitchen. She then wiped her hands on her apron.

"Dios mio the man and his grease. Anyways Marco, take her back to the house, finish up what you can on her car or if that's going to take too long give her one of the clunkers. I know you're fast boy so be quick about it" she said. Marco patted Henrietta on the shoulder and nodded for the door. As he went to open it for her, she felt Frankie hug her waist. The little girl sniffled, then looked up at her.

"Hey uh, I know you gotta go and all but uh, wherever you go, couldja call and stuff? Visit us? It's kinda lonely out here and I always wanted a big sister. I mean you could hang out with my bro too of course but mainly visit me?" she asked Henrietta. Henri could see Maria looking over at Frankie and the older woman didn't seem too upset, if anything she had a small smile on her lips. Henri knelt down, finding it a bit easier now and hugged the younger girl.

"I'll visit you guys, okay?" she lied. It was a small one but it would have hurt the girl more to tel her the truth. That she wouldn't be visiting anybody because she would be dead. Henrietta had to fight off her own tears thinking about Frankie finding out.

"Promise?" The little girl asked as she stared at her. Henrietta stood up and put out her pinkie that Frankie grabbed with the quickness.

"Promise" she told her, then walked out the door towards the auto shop on the side. Marco walked by her side, quietly.

"You know I had that, right?" she asked him. He looked over and blinked at her.

"Oh! Sorry well, I didn't wanna have you cause a scene or anything but uh I guess way he was being with you got to me and I kinda just sprung into action without a second thought. Frankie and I kinda got that impulsivity in common, you know? Sorry if it seemed like I didn't think you did, cause way you popped me earlier I'm sure you could have since that was a heckuva punch but I figured you might not wanna stress yourself with the injuries? That and gramps used to say you shouldn't put your hands on ladies so I felt compelled to step in, sorry?" he asked his cool voice sort of fumbling as he looked at her. She really was attractive with her long hair and the way her body was shaped. Especially her legs. Marco coughed and was thankful they were around the cars now so he could change the subject. Henrietta had other ideas. He lead Henrietta over to where her car was, next to it an old red Subaru. She then found herself smiling at Marco and it was his turn to feel a bit uneasy about his feelings towards her.

"It's okay. I didn't know you could move that fast" she sort of lied. Way he walked around the house implied he was definitely quick on his feet, plus with how Frankie moved and talked about him they were both pretty quick it seemed.

"So does Rocku straighten his hair to make himself feel pretty and not realize it doesn't do a damn thing or what?" she asked him. Marco laughed, then shrugged.

"To be honest with you, iunno. However more importantly this Subaru about most of the way done salvaging the parts from your other car. Gimme about like two, three minutes aight? You can watch or hang out in the department store" he said, then got to work. She stood by and watched him.

"Are your grandma and Frankie gonna be okay in there? Rush seems big" she asked him. She wasn't sure if Frankie would be okay but maybe she'd get over her leaving. Hopefully. She would have liked having s little sister like her.

"They'll be fine. Granny's quicker than you'd realize and all the candy I know Frankie scarfed down she'll be in a sugar rush mode for the next hour or so. By that time business will slow down and you'll probably be gone by then" he told Henrietta and she felt her heart sink.

"Oh. Well good to hear they'll be okay. You guys seem like you manage yourselves well out here" she said.

"We-NGH-try" Marco said, then a few quiet minutes passed by as she watched him fix the car. When he was finished, Marco dusted his hands off and opened the door for her to get in. He took the driver's seat, then looked over as if to ask if she wanted to. When she waved him off, he took off towards his family's shack. Henrietta blithely looked out the window back at the diner, taking in the last moments of the somewhat idyllic getaway, imagining what things would be like if she could stay and have this simple life. Work, play, l...her mind stopped drifting and her body tensed up with fear when she saw a familiar car drive past the shack and got fearful as they seemed to be headed to the diner. Frankie. Maria. Oh god. Oh god. She grabbed Marco's arm and shook it hard.

"Aye, what's wrong?" he asked her.

"Oh god. oh god Marco I am so so sorry but we have to go back now!" she told him.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
"Whoa. Calm down. I can't understand what you're saying."
"I saw the car. Hurry! We have to get back to the diner," Henri screamed, starting to panic. Marco's eyes grew large as he realized what she was saying. He slammed on the gas, whipping the wheel in a hard u-turn. The old car wasn't ready for the race car antics, however, and stalled out. Marco kept turning the keys in the ignition, gently tapping the brakes as he did. The car didn't care though.
"Come on, come on," he coaxed. The car made a loud sound in response, and then burped a large cloud of smoke.
"sh!t!" Marco yelled in frustration, banging the steering wheel. Henri reached for a bare ankle again and then looked frantically around the vehicle.
"You're not packing any heat?" she asked. Henri was a hell of a marksman. She could pull off the most impossible of shots, but to do so, she'd actually need a weapon.
Marco shook his head.
"There's a few guns in the shop."
Henri nodded and sighed. Then she jumped out. They'd be alright once she had her finger on a trigger. The biggest issue would just be getting back. They weren't very far, but with her screwed up leg, the trip could take longer than expected. On top of it all, the walk back was uncovered. They'd be open targets.
Henri felt her senses switch into survivor mode as the made the journey along the dusty road. Marco kept shooting glances at her leg, but Henrietta kept up with him, limping and all. She seemed to be in her element. A hunter enticed by the smell of her prey. Marco fell in line behind her as the approached the auto shop. Henri skunked and slithered against walls, casing the place. She looked around the parking lot. She looked up and down the highway. She even searched the rooftops of the surrounding buildings.
"I could've sworn I saw the car," she finally said in frustration. Marco looked around and then back at her.
"You've been traumatized. You haven't had much sleep either. Your eyes are probably playing tricks on you."
"But I could've sworn, I--"
"I didn't see anything, Henri," he told her gently. He scooped her up like she was Frankie and carried her into the garage. "I'm taking you back to the house. You can rest while I work on the car."
"But Marco--" He put a finger to her lip, silencing her protest.
"I won't take no for an answer," he said, dropping her off in the passenger side. Henri fumed all the way back the house. She wouldn't even look at Marco when he gave her two more pills and tucked her into bed. But perhaps he was right. She was so tired, Henri didn't even remember falling asleep.
When she finally came to, she sat bolt upright realizing it was pitch dark outside. There was a bowl of soup on the table beside her.
She convinced her sore body to get up. She stretched and listened for any signs of movement in the dark. She guessed everyone was asleep. At least until she heard giggles coming from outside. She limped towards them, soon spotting Marco and his sister camped out in the bed of his truck. They were looking up at the sky.
"Looking for aliens?" she asked them.
"Henrietta!" Frankie cried excitedly. "It's about time sleepy head. Come over here with us."
Henrietta grunted and climbed up beside Frankie. The little girl nestled up close to her and they both listened as Marco pointed out the different constellations. He was explaining the story of Orion when the sound of soft snoring filled the air. Marco and Henrietta shared an amused look.
"Frankie go get in the bed," Marco scolded softly. After a brief protest, Frankie stomped inside, rubbing her eyes the whole way.
"You feel better?" Marco asked. Henri nodded, looking over at him.
"Thank you," she told him. "For everything. You didn't have to risk everything for me. You could've let me die on the pavement. But you didn't and I don't know how I could ever repay you."
Marco wanted to tell her how he had to do it. How he felt compelled to save her. Rescue her in a way he hadn't rescued his mom. But he kept his mouth closed and scooted closer to her. Henri looked at him lying there with the Stars reflecting in his eyes and felt her emotions get the best of her. She knew it was more than just the events of the past two days. She was mourning the life she'd never have. The love that would never be hers. She leaned over and kissed him. Because Phuck it. She'd never have the chance again. Marco looked shocked. Then he kissed her back.
He wouldn't have guessed Henri's leg was injured, the way she pulled it around and climbed on top of him. They kissed hard and deep, intertwined bodies glistening in the moon light.
"Well, I'll be dammed," the heard a voice call. Henri spun around, shocked to see the visitor.
"What do you want Rocky?" Marco fired, sitting up. He was mad as hell. If he hadn't whipped him before, he was going to surely beat his ass now for interrupting the moment. Rocky drunkenly staggered towards them, wielding a gun.
"I never did like you, you uppity son a b!tch. You tried to embarrass me today, make me the laughing stock of the town. Well laugh at this."
Henri jumped in front of Marco, sensing Rocky was about to pull the trigger. But then, the strangest thing happened. Gun fire sounded and somehow Rocky ended up with a bullet in his head.
"What the hell?" Marco mused. Henrietta's heart stopped as she spun frantically trying to figure out where the shot had come from. She looked out into the darkness and spotted something odd in the distance. And it was at that moment all hell broke loose.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
It was them. The Cadillac had stopped in front of the house right off the side of the street. Out of it stepped some familiar faces to her, about four of them. The Clovers were what they called themselves, being a four person gang. They were in a sense, really lucky enough to always pull off whatever job they took in the wildest of ways. Each of them wore something green. The two women wore green over shirts and sneakers, while the men had green beanies and gloves. The leader, Freddy, stepped over Rocky's fresh corpse as they approached the truck. Freddy was a stout man and next to him was Ronald, who was a thin, quiet man with a green bandana covering his face and his arms folded in a long sleeve jacket as he watched them. The women, Vera and Zera, each had guns of their own possibly holstered from what she remembered. Each was strapped and Shauna told her each had experience in close quarters combat. Ronald preferred that while Freddy was more long range. The sisters were somewhere in the middle. Henrietta had to control herself from shaking with rage and frustration. She wished she was fully healed, wished she could've taken this fight out of here. At full strength she could probably take a couple, if not three of the Clovers and if they could move this fight out into he open away from the house....

"So Shauna's little pet project ran away to a small town huh? Cute. Y'really ain't stupid enough to think you could get away did you?" Freddy asked, gun trained on her and Marco. She gulped to herself and thought about how this could be the end of the dream for her. It was nice while it lasted.

"Who are you people? What do you want with Henrietta?" Marco asked, getting in front of her. Freddy looked over at the much taller Ronald, laughing.

"Look at this guy, asking questions and sh!t like he's somebody. Look kid, we get it, she's a hot piece, you're feeling each other but at the end of the day she belongs to Shauna and well Shauna gets to decide what to do with a traitor. Now c'mon Henri, don't make this harder than it has to be" he told her, waving the gun. She stood up in the truck and looked at Marco, taking his hand in hers.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow eh Ronald?" Freddy asked his silent partner, who merely nodded. She wished there was something she could do, a weapon she could get her hands on, anything!"

"There's handguns in the front seat" he whispereed to her. Henrietta played up her injury, letting Marco carry her down and then acted as if she stumbled onto the front seat and grabbed the handguns, sliding them into her shirt pockets as she walked over. Marco followed behind her and she began to whisper out a plan to him.

"Let's walk over to their car, then once we get close, I'll fire to take out at least two of them. That should leave two and after that we'll move it away from the house okay?" she told him, not wanting to endanger Frankie or his grandmother. Marco nodded and continued to follow her, his jumpsuit baggy enough to allow him to hold two knives concealed and ready for action.

"Well if your boyfriend wants to come along too I'm sure Shauna wouldn't mind. She could find him entertaining I think too. The girls seem to like what they see too" Freddy quipped as Zera and Vera looked over Marco. Henri ignored them and merely counted down in her head. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1......

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Henri felt herself slip into assassination mode. She became hyper aware of everything around her- who was standing where and what weapons they presumably had. She was strategic. She had to be.
As much as she wanted to, she couldn't take Freddy out first. Ronald was too loyal. Freddy's death would make him even deadlier. She'd have to pop them both at the same time. But that would leave Vera's sneaky ass standing. She was quick as lightning and probably the most difficult to kill in hand-to-hand combat.
Henri made her move as soon as she felt Marco brush past her. She aimed at Ronald as Marco went full force toward Freddy. Vera fired and a scream tore through the night.
"NOOO!" Marco howled, sounding every bit of the wounded animal. "Stay back!"
Henri turned, realizing the scream had come from a frightened Frankie. The little girl was on the porch frozen and obviously in shock. Something finally seemed to click and Frankie moved to go the other way. It was too late though.Vera took off towards her. Henri took off after Vera. Henri was seconds too late, however, watching in fear as Vera placed the pistol at Frankie's temple.
Henri aimed her weapon at Vera.
"Bet your not feeling so lucky tonight, huh b!tch? Let her go."
Vera just offered a sinister sneer in return, as if she knew she had the advantage. Henri chanced a look back, curious to know exactly how high the odds were stacked against her. She didn't even see the other chic and could only guess where she'd disappeared to. Freddy had a gun at Marco's head. They were royally fµcked. In the ass. Without the courtesy of lube.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
"Well, the plan was cute kids but leave it to the professionals alright?" Freddy asked as he marched Marco over to the car. He flashed a look of sorry to Henrietta and Frankie did the same thing. Vera walked them over where Ronald and Freddy were.

"Zera casing the place?" Freddy asked and Vera nodded, then smugly looked at Henrietta.
"Looks like you had a nice little retirement set up. Get yourself a nice boy, live a quiet life. Well, dreams gotta end sometime girl. Yours will probably end with you face down in a pool or something with how bad Shauna wants you" Vera said, chuckling. They then heard a shriek from inside the house. Frankie and Marco didn't seem alarmed Henrietta noticed with a glance. Wasn't that their grandmother? Were they just resigned to their fate, she wondered?

She then saw the aforementioned Zera get tossed out of he window of the house. Freddy looked at Randall while Vera freaked out at seeing her sister's lifeless body fall out with a hole through her chest. Henrietta would note the wound had been made with a small, sharp instrument. Ronald lumbered towards the house, pulling out a pair of knives while Vera and Freddy kept their guns trained on the three of them.

"Would you guys really shoot a kid? What do you want with Henri?" she asked. Freddy laughed and leaned over behind Frankie.

"Well there's a loooot of things I'd want with Henrietta here but I can't say that around a kid. Got a sense of ethics and all but not what I want. Shauna wants her alive and well, I won't shoot kids but Vera kind of a b!tch" he said. Frankie scrunched her nose up and frowned.

"And your breath is kickin! Eww" she said. Vera laughed and Freddy glared at her. He then heard two shots fired and saw Ronald clutching his chest as he fell back out of the house, blood dripping out of the wound as he fell. Freddy stared, shocked. Ronald was his right hand man and had seen him through some wars in this life and now he was gone like none of that mattered. Then came the scattered fire through the air. Bullets whizzing past their heads and Freddy moved for cover, along with Vera. Henrietta took that chance to kick Freddy in his chest with her good leg and Marco wrested the gun from Vera. Freddy tumbled back and reached for a knife in his back pocket while Vera pulled one from her thigh, or would have. She found it was gone and realized where it went when Frankie handed it to her brother.

"what the fµck was in that house?" Freddy asked them. Henrietta was tempted not to answer and just pop Freddy in the head but he got the answer from the siblings.

"Grandma" was all they said. Henrietta would see the woman stalking towards them with a bloody pair of scissors, sweats and a wife beater. She had a frown on her face and was carrying a shotgun in the other arm one handed.

"Marco, here" she said, handing the boy the scissors, with him twirling them after the catch.

"Frankie, go pack. We can't stay here" she told the girl. Frankie ran back to the house and Maria walked over next t Henrietta. She looked at her, then Freddy.

"Talk or I let the girl turn you into Swiss cheese" she said.

Princess Jazzy

Reaction score
Reactions
88,011 1,984 384
Alleybux
Freddy laughed like he was front row at a comedy show. He looked at Vera and pointed at the frowning older lady.
"Is that supposed to scare me or something? I'm a lot of things...an asshole...a rich mutha phucker maybe, but I damn sure am not weak. Do better."
Maria hit him, throwing a punch no one would ever see coming from a woman her age. Freddy fell against the car laughing. He slowly stood, a gleam of admiration in his eyes as he looked at his assailant. To the side of them, Vera struggled against Marco's grasp, trying her best to get at Maria.
"Why are you here?" she repeated as if she was scolding a child.
"Ask the golden girl over there," Freddy said, gesturing towards Henri. The woman bowed her head as Maria's hawkish eyes fell upon her. Henri couldn't bring herself to look at her. She could only guess what the old woman had to be thinking. Her whole life, facade or not, had been cast to hell because of Henri. The grandchildren she'd vowed to protect had almost died because of the woman as well.
"Why don't you give us the girl and we can just call it a night."
"And if I don't?"Henri looked up at the words, shocked to hear Maria say them.
"Look lady, I assure you that you don't want to find out the answer to that question," he replied, cocky swagger in full effect. Maria didn't react, but his words took Henri's breath away. She knew it was the truth. Shauna wouldn't stop. No matter how hard she fought or how far she ran, Shauna would seek vengeance for the betrayal. For the job that went wrong. The thought made Henry's knees weak. Hot tears of frustration rushed to her eyes. Henri looked at the star-laden sky willing the water not to fall. She might as well let them take her. Hell, with an existence like this, she was already dead anyhow.
Henri caught sight of Frankie dashing through the front door. She had a stuffed dog in one hand, and was hauling her suitcase behind her with the other. A glint of silver caught Henri's eye. Marco turned his head at the same instant. Ronald was using the last of his strength to drag himself into sitting position. His shaking arm lifted his gun and aimed.
Marco screamed his sister's name. He aimed the gun in his own hand towards Ronald, but he couldn't fire without risking a bullet hitting his sister. Marco took off across the grass, fueled by delirium. Time seemed to stand still as Henri watched in horror. It was like a bad nightmare she couldn't wake up from.
She started to run after Marco, but Vera bum rushed her, blind-siding her with a lethal blow. Henri hit the ground, a sickening crunch echoing as she did. Maria whipped around but not fast enough. Not even she could prevent the tragedy unfolding before their eyes. Henri heard herself scream, watching as Freddy tackled the older woman. Her eyes shot back to Ronald just as he pulled the trigger. Henri watched the bullet fly realizing that their luck had probably just ran out.

Sharknife

Louis V Hi C
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 2 3
Alleybux
Frankie's voice cried out as she fell back, her suitcase dropping and the stuffed dog flying into the air. Marco stopped running when it happened and looked at his sister, bloodied, then at Ronald, who flashed him a smirk. With no hesitation, Marco pulled the trigger and emptied the clip in Ronald. Meanwhile Henri struggled against Vera, who straddled her. Henrietta was annoyed with her body for not moving in time, for not being able to get there and for being blindsided as Vera had knocked the guns she had out of her grasp.

"Oh well, I don't know why you're sad Henri, I mean if you didn't decide to stay here that little girl might not have got popped. First you fµck up your job, now these people's lives? Giiiiirl you just can't get right, can you?" Vera asked, punching at her face. Henri put her arms up to block, managing to evade one punch and take another when she snaked her leg around Vera's neck and slammed the other woman down. She then rolled, grabbed one of the guns and shot Vera right between the eyes. She then looked over to see Maria hassling Freddy. The woman was old, had to be in her early eighties and was grappling Freddy's wrist as he tried to stab her. Henrietta lifted her arm up, ignoring the pain, then fired right in his forehead to drop the man. Maria quickly pushed Freddy's lifeless body off of her and to Henri's surprise, helped the girl up and over to her grandchildren. Henrietta had to keep herself from crying as she walked over. Marco, usually calm and collected, was shaking as he went over to his sister's body. He seemed hesitant to pick her up or even touch the body, as if touching it would make it real. Maria let Henrietta rest against the truck and moved past Marco, who was still staring at his sister, in shock. Maria casually walked over and Henrietta would note the resignation in the woman's face as she looked over the girl's body. She then put a hand near the wound and looked it over. Henrietta looked at Marco, wondering what to say to him. Would he even want her around? No, of course not. It was her fault Frankie was dead now. She brought this on him, she caused this. She had to go, and soon. She started crying, thinking about how lively the little girl had been, excited she was and how she didn't expect to see her dead.

"It grazed her head, she's unconscious but we need to clean this immediately. Marco, get the first aid kit in the closet" she told him and he sprang up towards the steps of the house. Maria did not look at Henrietta, but down at her unconscious grandchild. She then turned back to stare at Henrietta, making her uneasy again.

"I will not give you over to this person, but we are very lucky Francesca is alive. Unconscious but alive" she said, as if to reassure herself she wasn't being delusional.

"Where is this woman you are running from? You will answer me and when the boy gets back we move" Maria said, her voice furious