Quantcast

Read A 17-Year-Old Rashida Jones’ Fiery Letter To Tupac In 1993

Bellis Sima

#everflowingspring
Reaction score
Reactions
38,646 799 337
Alleybux
In a 1993 interview with The Source Magazine, the late rapper called out Quincy Jones for his relationships with white women. Actually, that grossly undersells what happened. Pac, in his typically blunt fashion, was quoted as saying “All he does is stick his dick in ************* and make fµcked up kids.”
rashida-jones-letter-to-tupac-the-source1-600x446.jpg

Fidel Cashflow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,043 31 18
Alleybux
Yeah Quincy Jones is a musical genius can't dispute that but him & Rashida self hating asses. Don't be mad cause Pac put Quincy on blast.

This might be old but who the hell is she to school somebody on the hard knock life. When she was born with silver spoon ???

Leo The Lion

Roaaaar!!
Reaction score
Reactions
171,152 5,126 2,375
Alleybux
Yeah, he was fighting for black folks rights to date and marry whites legally, like Poitier and Belafonte and others....

caboverde

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,973 2 2
Alleybux
I remember when this down! I've always wanted to know what Kidada thought of this article, since she was dating Pac @ that time.

Murci

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,247 1,011 617
Alleybux
Wasn't this her sister Kidada's love of her life back then?

No. Tupac read Rashida's letter, saw Kidada in a restaurant and assumed she was the daughter who wrote the letter and went over to apologize. That's how they met.

My father didn’t like Tupac at first. Tupac said in an interview in the The Source magazine, “Interracial couples. Quincy Jones is disgusting. “All he does is stick his dick in ************* and make fµcked up kids.” That made Daddy mad. My sister wrote back a nasty letter to The Source and they printed it. Not only that, two white girls in San Francisco wrote letters to the editor that said, If you don’t like white people, what about when you hung with us?” Anyway, I met Tupac at a club after that and he said, “I want to apologize to you. I didn’t mean that about your dad or you. I didn’t see you as real human beings. Now that I see you…” He was all game. He was trying to get a play, let’s face it, but I liked him. I didn’t tell my dad about it, because I thought there’d be trouble.

We started dating steadily, and one night Tupac and I were sitting in a booth at Jerry’s Deli in LA and these two hands slammed down on Tupac’s shoulder from behind. We jumped up, and there was Dad standing there. He said to Tupac, “I need to kick it with you for a minute.” This was the first time they’d met, so he took Tupac to a booth and they sat and got real for a long time. They stood up and hugged when it was over and they got along fine from then on.

http://tupactribute.tumblr.com/post/26537150105/words-by-kidada-jones-tupac-was-the-love-of

Ok, it was a nightclub.

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,058 2,760 187
Alleybux
It must have been real awkward when Kidada and Tupac started dating. :laugh:

Bronze Venus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,815 386 377
Alleybux
Rashida wouldn't have bothered writing that dissertation about the plight of black progress if it wasn't for Pac dissing her father. That's what makes her comments so disingenuous.

Pac knew better than anybody. He was dating his daughter and obviously got to know the man and his family. Seems like what he said was on point because if I'm not mistaken Kidada was passed from one rapper to the other and if the tea is correct Rashida doesn't even relate to her black side so...

sounds like they're F'ed up to me.

Reaction score
Reactions
160 1 1
Alleybux
Rashida will never be loved on this board haha. I sort of like her but she makes it sooooo very hard.

How odd/awkward considering Kidada has said Tupac was the love of her life.

Yeah Quincy Jones is a musical genius can't dispute that but him & Rashida self hating asses. Don't be mad cause Pac put Quincy on blast.
Quincy Jones literally said he thought racism would be over by the 1980s. Based on that alone, nothing this fool says should be taken seriously.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,049 25 2
Alleybux
Tupac and Kidada wasn't dating at the time the article came out, when he saw the article he felt bad, he ended up seeing Kidada at a club and thought she was Rashida, he went to apologize and they ended up talking and eventually started dating.

NVM: Someone beat me to it.

sugarzee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
131,881 2,552 244
Alleybux
My goodness, I remembered this letter....Sparked lively conversations on urban radio shows and mags.

Im Castor Troy

AKA Sean Archer
Reaction score
Reactions
58 2
Alleybux
Remember when Tupac said Quincy Jones wanted to have xes with him?

Medicinal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,809 22 23
Alleybux
Tupac and Kidada wasn't dating at the time the article came out, when he saw the article he felt bad, he ended up seeing Kidada at a club and thought she was Rashida, he went to apologize and they ended up talking and eventually started dating.

NVM: Someone beat me to it.
\

Exactly, I had this magazine when it came out ( I was a young The Source fan even though they're asses was biased) this took place in late 93 or early 94. Pac got a bunch of hate mail the next issue. lol Kidada started dating Pac I believe the year he died.

Monicabrownatl

dainty & classy
Reaction score
Reactions
4,218 631 1,009
Alleybux
giphy.gif

You sound stupid.

How do I sound stupid? What did I say that wasn't true? Ms Jones now has a great career in Hollywood, while 2pac got killed for running his disgusting mouth too much. I for one dont worship 2pac like a lot of you idiots do. he was a terrible human being.

Im Castor Troy

AKA Sean Archer
Reaction score
Reactions
58 2
Alleybux
How do I sound stupid? What did I say that wasn't true? Ms Jones now has a great career in Hollywood, while 2pac got killed for running his disgusting mouth too much. I for one dont worship 2pac like a lot of you idiots do. he was a terrible human being.

I don't worship Tupac. Would you like your mistakes and sins to be remembered and discussed once you have passed? If your answer is no then stop talking crap about the dead. You worship a self hater and you have the nerve to call someone a idiot.....girl, bye.

KwakokoSoup

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
102 2 6
Alleybux
LMAO @ this white girl
You and your white tears be damned sis

COWBOYS

Reaction score
Reactions
145,396 1,733 1,474
Alleybux

Tupac's legacy is greater than hers could ever be. She's a supporting actress in every movie she plays in. Her acting career is mediocre at best. That's not a win.

Diamcore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
541 17 16
Alleybux

Great career in Hollywood? Sit the hell down. She's never as the main star of any successful movies or TV shows, she has no Oscars & Emmys, nor is she A-list.

Pac, on the other hand, is the best-selling West Coast rapper of all time, actually starred in succesful movies, and is one of the very few to have a song added to the National Recording Registry.

I know you're a New Black, but don't be delusional. :go-away:

dlite00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
6,915 17 28
Alleybux
tupac was a walking contradiction, he felt that way about interracial dating and believed it created fµcked up kids but then turn around and date one of those 'fµcked up kids' .

Medicinal

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,809 22 23
Alleybux
tupac was a walking contradiction, he felt that way about interracial dating and believed it created fµcked up kids but then turn around and date one of those 'fµcked up kids' .

Yes he was....he even did the white girls. In the same issue a white girl wrote in and exposed him for sleeping with her. He wrote a letter defending himself and didn't deny that he did it, just said that knew better and walked away without impregnating any or marrying them, lol

LOL, there is always room for one more.

LOL, I know right?!

News Alley

General Alley

Top Bottom