Quantcast

RHONJ Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 11 Official Thread - Premieres February 17th

Who are you most looking forward to this season?

• Teresa Giudice

Votes: 196 52.8%
  • Melissa Gorga

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • Dolores Catania

Votes: 36 9.7%
  • Margaret Josephs

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • Jennifer Aydin

Votes: 79 21.3%
  • Jackie Goldschneider

Votes: 22 5.9%

• Total voters

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,349 11,279 1,506
Alleybux
Evan looks like Tom Schwartz (Vanderump Rules) in this costume. I’m over here tryna figure out why he’s on this show.

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,152 865 625
Alleybux
I felt like this season went by fast or maybe part of it is that other franchises stretch out too many episodes with not enough real content to justify that many episodes.

More recently, does Bravo show flashbacks of Melissa with her old nose/face? It's crazy how different she looks from her first season to now. I'm only asking the question because I don't really pay attention to things like that so I'm just curious, lol.

sh!t, Jennifer was having an orgasm at the initial sight of that diamond ring. It's clear that little Olivia is Jennifer's mini me and enjoys the cameras, lol. This level of drunk I can laugh at (unlike the one where she face planted and couldn't even stand up on her own). Even in her drunken state, I appreciate her calling out that the food wasn't the right kind of food to soak up alcohol, lol.

Melissa has some nerve to think that Dolores or anyone else should put up with her husband's dated ideas of women and their value just because of what she may be dealing with. You can't want and accept the support of other women who celebrate your independence and individual success but then cower in the shadows when another women is being berated by your husband as being a broken woman because her life isn't how he thinks it should be. She and others have every right to defend themselves against unwarranted psychoanalysis from a short Italian man who would still prefer that his woman be in the kitchen and available for xes at his every convenience.

I love how Bill called them out and defended the women and their right to their feelings and Joe blew it off as a drunken rant. Joe thinking that he's progressive because he lets his wife leave the home says it all. Complaining and insulting all of his wife's endeavors and then begrudgingly accepting the reality that she will do what she wants is not being supportive and progressive.

Overall, it was a solid season. I don't hate watch any of these women so even in the years where they're the villain, I see room for a believable redemption arch. The drama and mess was there but it didn't consume the entire season and the drama was run of the mill HW drama that is relatively harmless. That's how I prefer drama on reality TV - not try-hards and herd pack mentality.

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
I’m no Joe G fan, but I’m not enjoying Melissa’s complaining. He supports all of her projects - he built her a studio and got her producers, etc. when she wanted to play poor man’s JLo, and he built Envy for her. Does he whine too much, probably. I’m sure he bugs her for xes all the time, but that’s not unsupportive; that’s needy and annoying. She gets to be on the show, go to events, and pursue whatever projects she wants. He is a chauvinist, but he’s not holding her back. She’s coming across as ungrateful to me.

SammyK

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,989 4,895 492
Alleybux
I’m no Joe G fan, but I’m not enjoying Melissa’s complaining. He supports all of her projects - he built her a studio and got her producers, etc. when she wanted to play poor man’s JLo, and he built Envy for her. Does he whine too much, probably. I’m sure he bugs her for xes all the time, but that’s not unsupportive; that’s needy and annoying. She gets to be on the show, go to events, and pursue whatever projects she wants. He is a chauvinist, but he’s not holding her back. She’s coming across as ungrateful to me.

I thought this too. He's not unsupportive just needy and Melissa I think is tired of it. Her children are older and more self sufficient and Joe needs to man up an start finding outside hobbies because Melissa is enjoying the little bit of fame she has now.

DanielT

TimothyBoi
Reaction score
Reactions
2,503 67 18
Alleybux
They let us know what time it is with Luis with that final scene. Til her boobs sag to the floor indeed

WavyDre

It's just that, I'm that Girl!
Reaction score
Reactions
190,817 6,190 2,541
Alleybux
He didn’t have on black face...
Peep Game:

Bill came in dark skin IN BLACK FACE..... even his hands were DARK.

Then we really didn't get to see much of him- Bravo deliberately kept him out of sight.

Bill was then WIPED OFF- WIPED DOWN and appears much much lighter in scenes with the fellows.

WavyDre

Reaction score
Reactions
190,817 6,190 2,541
Alleybux
To those who do not think that Joe is controlling because he went out and did these things for Melissa:

"He supports all of her projects - he built her a studio and got her producers, etc. when she wanted to play poor man’s JLo, and he built Envy for her."

He does those things to maintain CONTROL over exactly how much she does.....under the guise of support.

All of those projects had people that answered to HIM- his money. They were also loyal to HIM, not Melissa.

Joe did that as a shut up- I got you those toys but I can take them back also, if you get too far out of line.

He took over each and every one of those projects and STILL expected her to cook in the home and that other restaurant.

A truly supportive spouse would have said: "What do you WANT/NEED from me?"

@Blueberry77

@SammyK

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
To those who do not think that Joe is controlling because he went out and did these things for Melissa:

"He supports all of her projects - he built her a studio and got her producers, etc. when she wanted to play poor man’s JLo, and he built Envy for her."

He does those things to maintain CONTROL over exactly how much she does.....under the guise of support.

All of those projects had people that answered to HIM- his money. They were also loyal to HIM, not Melissa.

Joe did that as a shut up- I got you those toys but I can take them back also, if you get too far out of line.

He took over each and every one of those projects and STILL expected her to cook in the home and that other restaurant.

@Blueberry77

@SammyK

Ok, maybe you’re right, but I don’t see their relationship in that light from what I’ve seen on the show. I interpret his behavior as being insecure and annoying. Maybe he is controlling; he certainly is chauvinistic. I don’t care for Joe or Melissa because they come across as attention-seeking and disingenuous. Last week’s episode, when they were arguing in the kitchen, was the first time that I thought maybe their marriage problems were genuine and not manufactured for a storyline. But defending Joe Gorga from claims of being controlling isn’t a hill that I’ll choose to die on.

Bokeem Dietl

No. 81- Habitual Line Stepper (Ret.)
Reaction score
Reactions
283,343 7,521 6,203
Alleybux
E5E8D6FE-BF55-4B3D-BAF1-E06BE6958F29.jpeg

accountname

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,221 1,620 415
Alleybux
tre doing her baby voice was so funny, she was trying to be feminine for him

girl, does she really think he hasnt seen her throw tables and scream at people?

CoolBe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,680 711 615
Alleybux

@Blueberry77

@SammyK

She still has a role to play in the home though. She agreed to that. sh!t she wrote a book about it lol. I’m not saying that things can’t change, but there’s a way to do it. Even with him being old fashioned he still got her an au pair. He prolly would’ve got a chef too if it meant more attention for him. That’s something they should be able to compromise on.

He will tell her that he supports her and she totally ignores him. It seems like she’s trying to have an issue for the show. She centers all of her complaints around her brand or whatever. I agree that he’s more needy than controlling. She needs to address that instead of focusing on him supposedly holding her back.

Like I asked before what exactly does she want to do? I don’t blame him for having a say in how things go. She takes on a lot of expensive projects and more than likely doesn’t bring in enough to maintain their lifestyle. Like yea men do things to control you but building you a studio, a store, being on a reality show, you got me a nanny and just want to be all over me?That’s not a terrible deal at all or at least not as bad as she’s trying to make it out to be. Every time they argue Joe basically says that he works a lot, but turns it off and focuses on the family when he gets home. That’s the main thing he’s asking of her. That shouldn’t be a big deal as long as he’s doing the same.

SammyK

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,989 4,895 492
Alleybux

@Blueberry77

@SammyK

Disagree, sorry. Joes loves Melissa and wants her happy. How was she supposed to have a studio or store without his money??? seems a bit wasteful because does she even sing anymore and does her store do much business??? however like many men he’s traditional and wants a wife who cooks, cleans and takes care of the kids. Melissa isn’t controlled she dresses how she wants, in my opinion a bit sexy for a mother of 3, gets plastic surgery and goes to numerous events alone. I honestly believe she wants freedom and has grown tired of the marriage. Joes isn’t a bad guy, annoying yes, needy yes. Remember before Melissa married Joes she was working like 2 jobs. Joe has provided a nice lifestyle. Many women would love a marriage like that.

WavyDre

Reaction score
Reactions
190,817 6,190 2,541
Alleybux
Disagree, sorry. Joes loves Melissa and wants her happy. How was she supposed to have a studio or store without his money??? seems a bit wasteful because does she even sing anymore and does her store do much business??? however like many men he’s traditional and wants a wife who cooks, cleans and takes care of the kids. Melissa isn’t controlled she dresses how she wants, in my opinion a bit sexy for a mother of 3, gets plastic surgery and goes to numerous events alone. I honestly believe she wants freedom and has grown tired of the marriage. Joes isn’t a bad guy, annoying yes, needy yes. Remember before Melissa married Joes she was working like 2 jobs. Joe has provided a nice lifestyle. Many women would love a marriage like that.
Opinions vary.

WavyDre

Reaction score
Reactions
190,817 6,190 2,541
Alleybux
She still has a role to play in the home though. She agreed to that. sh!t she wrote a book about it lol. I’m not saying that things can’t change, but there’s a way to do it. Even with him being old fashioned he still got her an au pair. He prolly would’ve got a chef too if it meant more attention for him. That’s something they should be able to compromise on.

He will tell her that he supports her and she totally ignores him. It seems like she’s trying to have an issue for the show. She centers all of her complaints around her brand or whatever. I agree that he’s more needy than controlling. She needs to address that instead of focusing on him supposedly holding her back.

Like I asked before what exactly does she want to do? I don’t blame him for having a say in how things go. She takes on a lot of expensive projects and more than likely doesn’t bring in enough to maintain their lifestyle. Like yea men do things to control you but building you a studio, a store, being on a reality show, you got me a nanny and just want to be all over me?That’s not a terrible deal at all or at least not as bad as she’s trying to make it out to be. Every time they argue Joe basically says that he works a lot, but turns it off and focuses on the family when he gets home. That’s the main thing he’s asking of her. That shouldn’t be a big deal as long as he’s doing the same.
Ok?? Your opinion is cool..

ThatLeogirl

NY State of Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
282,854 8,886 2,263
Alleybux
This thread more than likely surpassed or going to surpass last year’s which shows this franchise is getting better.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,349 11,279 1,506
Alleybux
Bill wasn’t in blackface. I watched after reading that comment and it was pretty clear he wasn’t. Why would he need blackface for Prince when he’s damn near the same complexion as Prince?

anaisnin

Semi-Retired, Still Messy
Reaction score
Reactions
259,518 4,845 1,260
Alleybux
Bill wasn’t in blackface. I watched after reading that comment and it was pretty clear he wasn’t. Why would he need blackface for Prince when he’s damn near the same complexion as Prince?

Jen already wasted when making the video and as promised the pig in the blanket made an appearance on the show.

Britt

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
35,930 625 112
Alleybux
This is my sense also. I just get the feeling that Melissa is using the control aspect as an excuse. I think she’s tired of the marriage and wants some freedom. Joe still seems really in love with her and willing to do whatever to make her happy. I don’t see that on her part. I’m sure she loves him, but she wouldn’t mind an out that didn’t make her look like the bad guy. I don’t think they are really faking this storyline, it might be exaggerated but Melissa seems a little over the marriage but is torn.

Britt

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
35,930 625 112
Alleybux
I didn’t see much of Louis but from what I saw I wasn’t too impressed, something off there in his energy but Teresa is madly in love, and she deserves that.
Jennifer and Bill seem pretty solid. I hope it stays that way.
Same with Margaret and Joe, solid. He seems comfortable letting Margaret be Margaret and her wearing the pants.

Marie Boston

Aboriginal Perfection & Clairvoyant Reader
Reaction score
Reactions
161,184 8,604 4,656
Alleybux
This is my sense also. I just get the feeling that Melissa is using the control aspect as an excuse. I think she’s tired of the marriage and wants some freedom. Joe still seems really in love with her and willing to do whatever to make her happy. I don’t see that on her part. I’m sure she loves him, but she wouldn’t mind an out that didn’t make her look like the bad guy. I don’t think they are really faking this storyline, it might be exaggerated but Melissa seems a little over the marriage but is torn.
Melissa loves Joe. Not leaving. They just need a storyline.

SammyK

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,989 4,895 492
Alleybux

i believe so. Honestly I think Melissa sees how happy Tre is now that juicy Joe is in Italy and a divorce is in the works. She would like that too. Obviously this a tv show and we’ve seen fake stories from her, but never about her marriage. I wouldn’t want my marriage to be public entertainment especially with children. I see Melissa with a younger man who enjoys the nightlife and traveling. Like you stated she loves Joe but they want different things. It’s human nature couples grow apart. Not to mention Joe may have some business and financial problems she wants no parts of.

Britt

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
35,930 625 112
Alleybux
i believe so. Honestly I think Melissa sees how happy Tre is now that juicy Joe is in Italy and a divorce is in the works. She would like that too. Obviously this a tv show and we’ve seen fake stories from her, but never about her marriage. I wouldn’t want my marriage to be public entertainment especially with children. I see Melissa with a younger man who enjoys the nightlife and traveling. Like you stated she loves Joe but they want different things. It’s human nature couples grow apart. Not to mention Joe may have some business and financial problems she wants no parts of.
Yesssss, i can see this. I thought the same thing too, she might be looking at Teresa and want something similar. It seems like she wants to sow her oats now.

TheLetterD

Fourth Letter of the Alphabet
Reaction score
Reactions
212,165 2,202 476
Alleybux
I finally finished RHONJ and despite the season being so short, they delivered. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind if moving forward, the “Housewives” shows had shorter seasons with two part reunions. RHOA’s reunion had no business being three parts. Condensed seasons and reunions should be the format going forward.

Samiee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,255 307 237
Alleybux
OMG y’all please don’t tell me that some of you guys believe this fake storyline from Joey and Melissa. If he really didn’t want her to work, she wouldn’t be on the damn show and neither would he. They both came on to try and outshine Tre (failed miserably) and to get fame and money. As trout mouth said of her friends husband in the reunion trailer, he’s known not to pay his bills and I’m sure they enjoy the money Melissa is bringing in. This marriage in trouble storyline is as fake as Melissa’s entire face and 4 noses

evrdr

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
135,454 2,712 986
Alleybux
OMG y’all please don’t tell me that some of you guys believe this fake storyline from Joey and Melissa. If he really didn’t want her to work, she wouldn’t be on the damn show and neither would he. They both came on to try and outshine Tre (failed miserably) and to get fame and money. As trout mouth said of her friends husband in the reunion trailer, he’s known not to pay his bills and I’m sure they enjoy the money Melissa is bringing in. This marriage in trouble storyline is as fake as Melissa’s entire face and 4 noses
I'm like Melissa LOVES her life as a wife and mom. And she ain't trying to single mom it and hustle (FOR REAL) with those kids to raise. Hers are younger than Teresa's. No way!

She wants hobby jobs no matter what she ssys.

Samiee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,255 307 237
Alleybux
I'm like Melissa LOVES her life as a wife and mom. And she ain't trying to single mom it and hustle (FOR REAL) with those kids to raise. Hers are younger than Teresa's. No way!

She wants hobby jobs no matter what she ssys.

Facts on Facts!!! Besides she knows that she’s not a fan fave of RHONJ and it could really go left at any time, she knows Andy loves Tre and if she divorced Joey foreal that means Tre don’t have to have loyalty for her in the name of the brother. She’s be out of the show so quick. But we all know that’s a fake storyline, fans don’t buy it and her husband is a chauvinistic pig. Frank sr was right the man is 5ft0 he was born broken :ROFLMAO: and wants to be a housewife so bad.

I wonder what their storyline will be next season smh!!

thephoenixslays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
274,258 5,057 2,758
Alleybux

How don’t Melissa nor Joe understand why Teresa wouldn’t like the jail comment? She was away from her kids for a year and her mother passed soon after she was released. It shouldn’t be that hard to understand that, that period of Teresa’s life is one she would like to move on from.