Quantcast

Realising another teacher unintelligent

AmusedByIdiocy

Sense and Sensibility
Reaction score
Reactions
222,196 7,128 2,872
Alleybux
Has anyone ever been in the position to work closely with another teacher and you realise that the indiscipline and underperformance in their students you’d before witnessed from afar is actually due to the teacher’s ineptitude?

I teach English and I’m working with another Instructor this semester and I’m realising that he (mediocre white male) has such a poor and superficial understanding of the literature that he is quite unable to push these pupils into the analysis I demand of my own learners. Like he barely understands the depth in the stories himself.

I always wondered why his students did so poorly. I thought it was just racism making him require so little of them. But that’s not the entire picture at all. He’s just dumb.

I mean, I know mediocre white males get away with murder, but seeing his lack of intellect up close and personal is still startling...and amusing confirmation.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,284 212 25
Alleybux
I sub and I see this all the time. I was in a kindergarten class for about 2 months with this hispanic lady (sub) who was so great with the kids. She wanted to be a teacher and I think all she had to do was pass whatever test you need in order to become one. I thought she was gonna end up being their teacher for the rest of the year but eventually I they got a white man fresh out of college. She literally taught him everything about the class with no kind of appreciation or gratitude from him. Most of the time he would talk over her, mansplain, and brag about his father (a doctor). They ended up removing her from the assignment after a week of him being there. He thought that I would be his mule too since she left but I canceled the rest of my assignment there. I feel bad for the kids because I could tell that he was not gonna be there for very long.