REBEL Trailer Katey Sagal Series Premiere THURSDAY APRIL 8 10|9c on ABC

TheUltimate

Cade Cunningham needs help.
Reaction score
Reactions
66,274 2,591 450
Alleybux
Katey Sagal stays with a job.

Kudos to her for not allowing Hollywood to toss her into the matronly box. From Married with Children to Sons of Anarchy to her new show, she's always a bada$$. I can't believe she's 67yo.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,152 274,746 8,222
Alleybux

Kudos to her for not allowing Hollywood to toss her into the matronly box. From Married with Children to Sons of Anarchy to her new show, she's always a bada$$. I can't believe she's 67yo.
Wow! Had no idea she was 67!

sugarzee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
131,909 2,552 244
Alleybux
She is also playing Dan's girlfriend on the Conners. She has covid on the show. Wonder will the kill her off or she does both?

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
I'm just tuning in because I like Katey Sagal (I assume she and Dan won't make it on The Connors...just spec, not a spoiler), plus Tamala and James Lesure I remember from "For Your Love" with Holly Robinson Peete.

I missed it but I assume the biracial(?) girl at the law firm is one of Rebel's kids?

eta: nvm, answered my question.

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux

Whaa? :sidefrown

Go 'head, Katey!

Petty Princess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,390 1,590 358
Alleybux
I'm just tuning in because I like Katey Segal (I assume she and Dan won't make it on The Connors...just spec, not a spoiler), plus Tamala and James Lesure I remember from "For Your Love" with Holly Robinson Peete.

I missed it but I assume the biracial(?) girl at the law firm is one of Rebel's kids?

eta: ok, confirmed my question.

She is. Rebel has three kids. They all have different dads.

Last edited:

Meme0887

This is my Happy face
Reaction score
Reactions
40,007 475 43
Alleybux
Yay other people are watching. I'm here for Katey, Lex, Mo ( yes, they're married), and Tamala :giggle:

Show is good so far. Oh and Lex (Cassidy) isn't mixed

Kelly Price

High as hell & long winded
Reaction score
Reactions
89,747 3,075 1,568
Alleybux
I didn't think I was going to like it but it was surprisingly good. That lady looks good for her age.

I'm glad to see Tamala Jones get booked again too. She be looking swole but she getting a check lol

Cinnahs

Black and Beautiful
Reaction score
Reactions
239,417 4,931 1,464
Alleybux

Kaey will always be Turanga Leela for me. I cannot recall a period in which she has been unemployed. Good for her for staying active.

Kelly Price

High as hell & long winded
Reaction score
Reactions
89,747 3,075 1,568
Alleybux
Good episode. I'm looking the show more and more.

The guy who plays the husband was on the show United States of Tara which I loved (he acts the same way on here)

I like how they are working on this this big storyline / case but still adding new stories while still having that one that they're focusing on. I like how it moves the show along.

Damn tho. That woman is the OP. It was so much drama going on that I didn't even think about that possibility.

Amir kinda cute. Id fµck.

I like how it seems that everyone understands that each party has a job to do and they're not taking it personal except for Cruz but he was stressed af.

Lmao Tam Jones being married and not knowing was funny. Im glad sis is working. I hope she is getting paid well.

One thing ABC gonna do is have two characters that look alike and confuse you. The lawyer that was pushing up on the mixed daughter looks like the doctor guy who is playing her half brother. His face is so off putting to me. Like it's smooshed at the bottom and then his nose is so pointy that you can see inside his nostrils from the side shutters He looks like a derp but he ain't ugly just not cute.

They better keep an eye on sneaky crackhead daughter tho.

WhereTheyDoThatAt

Kicking Flava in Your Ear
Reaction score
Reactions
19,676 258 32
Alleybux
I like this show unfortunately ABC canceled it. I hope Hulu picks it up.

Yahoo Entertainment

TVLine.com
ABC Cancels 5 Series Including For Life, mixed-ish and Freshman Drama Rebel
Michael Ausiello
May 14, 2021, 5:30 pm

The dreaded axe swung hard at ABC late Friday, with the Alphabet network cancelling five bubble series in total.

Among the casualties: Katey Sagal’s just-launched Rebel, sophomore legal drama For Life and ’80s-set black-ish spinoff mixed-ish (after two seasons). ABC also stuck a fork in veteran family sitcom American Housewife (full story here) and, as reported earlier today, Kyra Sedgwick’s freshman sitcom Call Your Mother.

More from TVLine

American Idol Recap: Top 3 Revealed! Who's Going to the Grand Finale?

For Life Star to Fans: 'I Won't Have You Bad-Mouthing ABC' About Cancellation

American Housewife Cancelled at ABC

The bloodletting comes just hours after ABC announced renewals for The Conners, Home Economics, The Rookie, A Million Little Things, The Goldbergs. The network also confirmed that black-ish will return for an eighth and final season. (View a complete list of ABC’s renewed and cancelled series here.)

The cancellation of high-profile Thursday entrant Rebel after just five episodes comes as a bit of surprise, given the series’ strong pedigree (it hails from Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 showrunner Krista Vernoff.)

Sedgwick, meanwhile, appeared to blame Call Your Mother‘s untimely demise on the show’s chaotic scheduling, telling fans on Twitter, “You guys have been so wonderful to tune in every week, or every other week, or every two weeks! The rollout was nuts!”

TVLine’s 2021 Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Friday’s spate of ABC cancellations.

Launch Gallery: 2021 Broadcast-TV Renewal Scorecard

Best of TVLine

'Missing' Shows, Found! The Latest on Carnival Row, The Orville, Russian Doll, Pose, Blood & Treasure and 28 Others

TV's One-Hit Wonders: Pitch, Bunheads, Baker and the Beauty, Forever and 40+ More Shows That Ended Too Soon

Cancelled TV Shows: What Would Have Happened Next on Forever, Salvation, H50, The Exorcist, Dallas and 31 Others

Get more from TVLine.com: Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Newsletter

View more on Yahoo Entertainment
Update privacy choices

Reactions