Quantcast

Recent Makeup Purchases Thread

NiyaBee

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,939 69 3
Alleybux
I’ve been on a makeup buying binge as of late. Trying to hold off buying large makeup purchases until the Sephora VIB sale.
I’ve purchased the elf camo blushes. I must say, these definitely have to be my favorite liquid blush formula. Gives you the perfect amount of coverage, doesn’t get streaky, and the colors show up pretty well on dark, deeper skin.
Nars Soft Matte concealer in shade caramel-Haven’t tried yet, but will def try with the powder, and foundation because I love a nice matte base. Grabbed this during the Ulta semi annual sale.

Urban Decay quickie fix concealer in 60W, and 80 N. I’m obsessedddddd. Full coverage, doesn’t creasing, and can be used for everyday wear, and full glams.

Makeup Revolution Skin Silk- I’m a little iffy on it. Not a bad foundation, but it doesn’t get slightly oily quickly, and in a dry gal. I don’t find it to be the most flawless foundation finish wise, but it’s alright. Might consider mixing it with another foundation.
KVD BEAUTY- Good apple foundation was on sale, so I picked that up during the Ulta sale. Awaiting arrival.
Lastly, the Huda beauty faux filler gloss in mocha nude. May take this once back to exchange for a lighter shade. It’s a bit too dark for the particular looks I typically go for lip combo wise.

MsSunshine21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,087 1,851 24
Alleybux
I've been eyeing that brush. It's been sold out at Sephora Canada for a while but I really want it!!!
Try Beautylish, Beauty Bay or directly from the Danessa Myricks website, if the shipping to Canada isn’t too crazy!. If you do try it, let me know how you get on.

I had it sitting in my basket for the past year, but should’ve bought it sooner b/c it really is the perfect tool for the balm powder formula & works great with other liquid and cream products too. I also noticed I don’t have to finesse the application or worry about product lifting underneath, compared to when I used other dense, synthetic brushes.

Shy But Fly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,784 1,106 212
Alleybux
Try Beautylish, Beauty Bay or directly from the Danessa Myricks website, if the shipping to Canada isn’t too crazy!. If you do try it, let me know how you get on.

I had it sitting in my basket for the past year, but should’ve bought it sooner b/c it really is the perfect tool for the balm powder formula & works great with other liquid and cream products too. I also noticed I don’t have to finesse the application or worry about product lifting underneath, compared to when I used other dense, synthetic brushes.

That's usually my issue. Those shipping costs hurt my heart and feelings.

I think the last time I ordered something directly on DM's site, the shipping was $30+

Epitope

Antigenic Determiner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,388 2,150 395
Alleybux
On sale at Sephora (shade: rich honey)
1710894944807.jpeg

Epitope

Antigenic Determiner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,388 2,150 395
Alleybux
Uh oh…the beast has awakened. About face liquid eyeshadow and Maybelline lip gloss in “bubblegum”.

1710968871224.jpeg

1710968609616.jpeg

IMPERIALE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,200 358 21
Alleybux
image.jpg
I bought nars bronzer laguna 08. Really deep love it !!! It was 50% off that’s why because I try to not buy makeup.

sally jupiter

✼ꙮ✼ꙮ✼ꙮ✼ꙮ✼ꙮ
Reaction score
Reactions
56,163 848 448
Alleybux
Charlotte Tilbury has a deal going where you get a free highlighter if you create an account and spend $110+ AND a free foundation with the code beautifulskin. Add your shade to cart and apply promo code. The highlighter is added to your cart automatically when you spend at least $110.

I picked up a bottle of setting spray and bundle with the powder and Hollywood filter: Save 10%: Hollywood Flawless Complexion Duo | Charlotte Tilbury

Not a bad haul for $125 imo!

teecoilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,456 1,335 664
Alleybux
I picked up a couple Juvia’s Place glosses and liquid blushes. I have been sleeping on them. I also like the liner I picked up. They’re thick but not sticky and have pretty solid staying power for a gloss.

yesyas

ETSY: YSREADINGS
Reaction score
Reactions
113,899 3,680 899
Alleybux
I just splurged on a bunch of stuff:

Fenty: - True Matte Primer
  • OG Fenty lip luminizer (had to re-up)
  • Cream Blush in Raisin Standarz

Nars Laguna 07 Bronzer

Danessa Myricks - Nude 9 (haven’t tried yet)
(I love her products but they don’t play well with other makeup so I may not repurchase once I run out)

Haus Labs: lip glaze in both Coco & Guava
- Foundation Brush (LOVE!)

Sephora collection brown eyeliner

Huda: Faux Filler lip gloss in coco

*****I’ve been on makeup binge this year & a lot of things are hit and miss. What works for other ppl may not work for you. For me, I’m sticking to Fenty for everything lips. NARS never fails me, my face loves it. Huda & Haus Labs have been clutch for multiple products. I’ll probably stick with these 4 brands for the long haul.

****don’t wast your money on the milk hydro grip primer, the Elf “dupe” does it better.

****Juvia’s Place is budget friendly, but I probably won’t purchase from them anymore. Everything thing I like from them, one of my fave 4 high end brands has it better & with a better formula. They’ll still have my silent support though.

tealatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,629 1,470 703
Alleybux
I just splurged on a bunch of stuff:

Fenty: - True Matte Primer
  • OG Fenty lip luminizer (had to re-up)
  • Cream Blush in Raisin Standarz

Nars Laguna 07 Bronzer

Danessa Myricks - Nude 9 (haven’t tried yet)
(I love her products but they don’t play well with other makeup so I may not repurchase once I run out)

Haus Labs: lip glaze in both Coco & Guava
- Foundation Brush (LOVE!)

Sephora collection brown eyeliner

Huda: Faux Filler lip gloss in coco

*****I’ve been on makeup binge this year & a lot of things are hit and miss. What works for other ppl may not work for you. For me, I’m sticking to Fenty for everything lips. NARS never fails me, my face loves it. Huda & Haus Labs have been clutch for multiple products. I’ll probably stick with these 4 brands for the long haul.

****don’t wast your money on the milk hydro grip primer, the Elf “dupe” does it better.

****Juvia’s Place is budget friendly, but I probably won’t purchase from them anymore. Everything thing I like from them, one of my fave 4 high end brands has it better & with a better formula. They’ll still have my silent support though.
Don't be silent with your Juvia's Place support.We need people to support more Black Owned makeup brands vocally because there's so few people actually talk about and every time you turn around one is going under.

yesyas

ETSY: YSREADINGS
Reaction score
Reactions
113,899 3,680 899
Alleybux
Don't be silent with your Juvia's Place support.We need people to support more Black Owned makeup brands vocally because there's so few people actually talk about and every time you turn around one is going under.

Oh I meant silent as in won’t purchase product. I’ll definitely still keep them in conversation because their products are affordable and wear beautifully on us.

& you’re absolutely right. I wish more ppl spoke about Mented for example, but I think they’re going through some challenges.

tealatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,629 1,470 703
Alleybux
Oh I meant silent as in won’t purchase product. I’ll definitely still keep them in conversation because their products are affordable and wear beautifully on us.

& you’re absolutely right. I wish more ppl spoke about Mented for example, but I think they’re going through some challenges.
Mented doesn't have anyone to manufacture their products

teecoilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,456 1,335 664
Alleybux
Grabbed some shape tape concealers that were part of Ulta’s 50% off. Picked up a few more Juvia’s place lip liners and glosses that were 40% off. Also trying Juvia’s Place powder foundation to see if I like it. I’m done for now I think lol