Quantcast

(Reddit) People that work on movie sets, what are the most entitled actors you have ever met?

SophiaLorensWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,833 1,308 180
Alleybux
- Not a movie set but I worked Guest relations/manager at the resorts at Disney and Ariana Grande was just terrible. She completely trashed the Cinderella suite. Apparently also caused damage over at Universal as well. On the other hand. Met several others. The ones that stand out are John Stamos, Chris Evans, and Prince Harry.

- John Stamos was there on his honeymoon and still made time for fans.

- Chris Evans was very polite and when someone recognized him through his sunglasses and ball cap disguise he was very cordial (his hotel room was a revolving door of women, but when you look like he does why not)

- 2nd hand, but I used to bartend in Rockefeller Center in the late 90s. NBC shot a lot of shows in the building so a lot of my lunch crews were the people who worked on sets and production. The hardest drinking, most miserable patrons were the ones from the Rosie O'Donnell Show. She tortured those poor bastards. Constant fits of rage, constant shouting, insults and throwing things. I would hear about it daily.

So to be fair to celebrities, if someone meets you or works with you only once and you happen to be having a bad day that person might think you’re an ass all the time and rumors start to spread.

This, for the most part. is not that.

In no particular order:

• Steve Harvey - Complete self entitled ass. Disrespectful of everyone on set and acted like a petulant child the entire time. He didn’t want to have his photo taken (at a photo shoot set up specifically for him) so what should have been 30 minutes turned into 2-3 hours.

• Bobby Brown - Kind of a dick. Thinks he’s still as big of a deal as he was in the 80’s / 90’s. He was really pleasant to the producers but dismissive at best to the crew.

• Young Thug - All of the stories you’ve heard are true. He’s so strung out on lean most of the time that he can’t be bothered to actually leave his hotel room to show up at the shoot. When he does show up, it’ll be a miracle if you get him to look at the camera.

• Migos - I didn’t interact with them directly but they were 4 hours late for their own concert, which was being recorded for advertising purposes (but there was a venue full of audience members who had paid for tickets). I was supposed to be in bed by 11pm, but because of their fuckery I didn’t get home until 5am.

• 2 Chains - 2hrs late and then refused to walk on set until he could burn three joints. Once he did finally walk on he all fun & games for 10 minutes until he saw something on a monitor he didn’t like and started acting all hard and screaming about it.

• Mike Will - Showed up 3hrs late for what was supposed to be a 60 minute photo shoot - didn’t acknowledge the photographer or the crew for the first 45 minutes and instead dicked around on his phone and walked around the location. We finally managed to get usable stuff, but only after his full crew arrived and the owner of the location gave them a green light to hotbox the bathroom.

• T.I. - Professional as hell. On time. Focused. Ready to work. But also sort of gives off a gangster/Scarface vibe. Very respectful to everyone but also his vibe puts everyone on edge a bit.

• Killer Mike - 100% Real. Professional and has no time to waste. What you see with him on TV or whatever doing interviews is pretty much him all the time.

• Sarah Blakely - Shes a literal nut case.

• Lil Yachty - Eh. He was alright. Did a couple of shoots with him early on. He rolled up 30 minutes late and his dad (his manager at the time) yelled at him, which was amusing.

• Shaq - worked with him half a dozen times. He’s basically a giant 15 year old. Mostly pleasant but has a really short attention span and insists on having a hookah ready for him at all times so he can suck on it while the scene is getting lit.

• The Rock - Incredibly aware that he’s a big deal. Very serious and professional but totally pleasant and respectful to everyone. (Also he’s not as big as I expected). In between scenes he can be spotted doing curls and inhaling chicken, broccoli & rice. (Seriously this dude doesn’t stop).

• Mike Epps - Consummate professional and hilarious. 10/10

• Sean Astin - Major nerd (in the best way possible). Incredibly friendly and personable to everyone on set. I wish I hadn’t been so busy because I really would have loved to chat with him.

• Zoe Saldana - Super friendly and fun to work with. Made a point to thank every person on thecrew for their work before she left.

• Natalie Dormer - The only time I’ve been legitimately star struck. She’s effortlessly beautiful, charming and was lovely to everyone on the crew.

• T-Pain - Like pretty much every other rapper, he was a couple of hours late... but made up for it by being fµck!ng hilarious and pleasant to work with. We had a lot of ruined takes because he likes to ad lib and see if he can get the crew busting up. (He can. We did).

• 50 Cent - Total asshole. Super entitled and disrespectful to the entire crew. Needed a stunt double to catch a football for him.

• Andy Serkis & Martin Freeman - worked with them at the same time. Complete gentlemen even at 3am they were beyond professional.

• Emily Blunt - She was delightful.

• Jason Bateman - Very approachable and pleasant. Very easy to work with.

• Barry Bostwick - Really approachable and easy to work with. Dude has been around forever and knows how to get it done.

• Dale Earnhardt Jr - Polite and professional. Not professional “talent” and seems like he doesn’t care to be on camera but knows he needs to in order to keep the machine running - so we just get him in & out as fast as we can. No complaints.

• Keith David - Very professional. Seemed like a nice guy but I never got a lot of time with him because he would he got pulled off set into something else the moment we had the minimum we needed.

• Rhetta - Genuinely hilarious and good to work with the couple of times I was on set with her.
- Not on a movie set but was friends with someone who’s parents owned a large hotel in a small community, Gordon Ramsey was filming an episode of hotel hell at their place, came over with McDonald’s for me and my friend and Gordon walked into the dining area and said “what have you got there” to which I responded McDonald’s then he gave a stern look and said “ throw that garbage away and wait here” a little while later he returned with fresh made eggs Benedict and was very polite to us. He genuinely cared for the youth.

- My aunt (cousins aunt technically) did make up on sets the meanest most selfish person she ever met was Debra Jo Rupp, “Kitty” from that 70’s show

- Matthew McCon—nah I’m playing, he’s the nicest celeb I’ve ever met. He even took time to talk to an entire room of recovering addicts who had filled into the theater from next door, totally unaware MMC would be in there.

--- My husband was in Austin because his old band had a SXSW showcase, which meant he had an artist badge for the festival. He was waiting in a backstage area after the STP show and Matt walked up to him thinking he was security (my husband is a big dude) telling him he wanted to meet the band. Husband corrects him but they end up chatting. He told Matt the crazy story of how the band van broke so they ended up driving from Aberdeen, WA to tx in husband’s General Lee and long story short this ends up with Matt getting both him and hubs backstage to meet the band, hanging out most of the evening, AND running into each other again the next night at the Hole show, whereupon Matt not only acknowledged him again, but bought him a beer and introduced him to Woody Harrelson. He is cool af.

- Friend of mine worked on a Travis Scott music video and said the dude torpedoed his own shoot. Showed up late. Disrespected the crew. Refused to listen to the director. Brought a ton of people he insist be used in the video. All around asshole.

--- I was at Osheaga 2018 and Travis Scott showed up 45 minutes late to his own set so this checks out

--- Saw Travis back in 2015 at Sound Academy back when that existed and he was such an asshole in general, completely turned me off his music

--- I’ve worked on a decent number of hip hop projects and... this tracks.

These days it’s MOSTLY the trap stars that are bringing high level diva attitudes to set. That is if they show up at all (lookin at you Thugger). And if they DO show up it’ll be at least 4hrs late and already blazed out of their mind. Every time.

It’s gotten bad enough that myself and the rest of the crew I know actively have to ask if the project is hip hop related before taking the gig. I almost always turn them down now unless it’s for someone I have worked with before and I know they be cool

- Opposite story. I met Colin Hanks, the son of Tom Hanks, while filming Orange County. You would expect him to be pretty arrogant and entitled, considering he grew up in Hollywood and his dad was TOM FREAKING HANKS.

Me and my friends had gotten on set since we were in a film club and ran into him while there. He was sooooo nice. He joked around, answered a lot of questions, and was really genuine. He laughed when we asked him how it felt being Tom Hank's son and said it got old being asked that all the time, but he always took it in stride. He is definitely like his father and just an all around nice guy

- Friend of mine works in the biz. She and several of her coworkers have said multiple things about the entitled behavior of Benedict Cumberbatch. Talks down to people, acts superior to everyone around him, and they won’t give him a female personal assistant cuz he always tries to “break them.”

--- Heard from someone that Robert Downey Jr berated him for his behavior on the set of Avengers.

Also apparently he had what was assumed to be a bender in his hotel a night before shooting and they had to send a doctor to his room. Don’t know what exactly happened but was disappointing to hear.

- It’s an open secret as detailed through coded language (due to having signed NDAs) by comedy writers that Ellen is a terrible person to work for. Her handling of payment to her crew when covid hit came as no surprise to anyone who has heard these stories over the years.

- Neil DeGrasse Tyson is every bit as arrogant and self important as he seems on TV. He was nice enough to talk to everyone at least once, we paid to see him, but he really doesn't want to talk to you if you're not actively in science or a kid who maybe wants to do science. There was just something rude about him.

And when you consider how much he hangs with Bill Nye and how much Bill Nye gets massacred in threads like these for being a raging asshole to people who bump into him on the street...

L O L I T A

✩ American Empress ✩
Reaction score
Reactions
234,424 5,949 1,948
Alleybux
If any of this is true, it’s of no surprise that many celebrities are jerks and are very entitled/rude behind the scenes. Very few of them are genuinely kind/good people who treat others with common decency and respect. Another reason why I stan no one.

SophiaLorensWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,833 1,308 180
Alleybux
- Tommy Lee Jones and Tim Allen. Knobs

--- My sister worked on set for a Toy Story promo. She said Tim Allen was a total dick. Didnt want to talk to anyone and was generally rude to everyone. Tom Hanks, on the other hand, she said was so kind and seemed to really enjoyspending time with the crew

- Billy Bob Thornton. Creepy and smelly in a bad way

- Also a TV set, James Corden is an absolute jack ass, not the funny happy go lucky guy you see on TV.

- Faye Dunaway, Faye Dunaway... and I cannot stress this enough... FAYE DUNAWAY. I've had dealings with her personally and can vouch for her entitledness, and nastiness, but my friend who works on movie sets has horror stories.

Extremely demanding, and also picky. She brings her scales with her everywhere and will make anyone catering weigh it up in front of her. She has a no eye contact rule, which must never be disobeyed, and she also yells and screams when things do not go her way.

- Way back in the day, my husband worked as a manger for a movie theater. He ran projection. The theater was a pretty nice theater in a big city.

He met Matt Damon and George Lucas.

Both came to see their movies (in secret, like outside of the big to do premieres)

Luca for Star Wars and Damon for Bourne. Said both were nice. Matt Damon more so. Was really appreciative.

It's funny because some people saw Bourne Identity with Matt Damon and didnt even know it.

- My brother in law worked white house security and apparently Oprah is kind of a Karen

- Havent worked on any movie sets but I had had some clients in the business.

Lilli Reinhart was kinda uptight. She did not leave a good impression on my coworkers. I was nice to her but seem to hav some attitude. Her friends were nice. Always said hi.

Dove cameron and her assistant were one of the nicest ppl I hav ever dealt with. I actually get to hav conversations with them

Colton Haynes was nice also. Talked to him for a bit. He was having a hard time since a lot off stuff just happened in his life

Jack black was full of energy. He was with his youngest son so I tried not to bother him.

Recently I had this Spanish singer. She was really nice. Cant remember her name.

I remember this one lady who was very entitled. She wanted a discount, a better price. She was a child's star. I thought she was a kid actor but no. She was a child of a star. So she hadn't done anything, her father was a star. She's been in a reality show

There's been some minor actors that were just starting out or had a few roles.

Meet a few ppl who work at DC. One in comic book marketing and one in animation

- Have a friend that works on set as his day job:

Chadwick Boseman went from being one of the nicest to one of the biggest dicks post Black Panther release.

Bruce Willis is a very down to earth guy and usually remembers most people's names, even the lesser significant ones.

Michael B. Jordan similar to Chadwick Boseman let the fame get to his head, but not as bad in that he was rude, just less exceptionally polite

- Jim Carrey's trailer had an astroturf roll up lawn. On this lawn was a picnic table. On this table was a vase. On this vase was a flower. I'm not sure if he makes the teamsters bring it everywhere they filmed but I imagine so.

I never met the guy himself but that honestly I respected him for it. If you're living out of a damn trailer for days or weeks at a time and working the kind of hours we do making it as livable as possible is a good idea. Its honestly such a minor amount of work to set up compared to all the gear that gets hauled around regularly I doubt it was a huge deal.

Beyond that I've never really run into talent being primadonnas. Which makes sense. In this industry you're only as good as your last gig and your next one. People who are straight up naturally nasty don't last long.

If you see footage of someone melting down on set you should keep in mind we're all working like 12+ hour days 5 days a week and tensions are high. Even nice, good people can often crack in these circumstances. Hence why I don't fault anyone who wants a bit of extra comfort.

- I was an extra for Hacksaw Ridge... we had plenty of high profile actors on set but none was spoken more negatively about than Sam Worthington. Many of the crew members would talk about how he would act really rough on the movie props and that his relationship with Mel Gibson was pretty tense. I recall one scene that we were shooting at a tent and I had to just walk around the outside. Sam was inside doing his thing but suddenly, Mel called cut and got viciously angry for a brief moment. Sam came out of the tent and yelled "What the hell do you want me to do?!" I have no personal hatred for the man but oh damn, it was quite an experience!

KuroiHakucho

The Ebony Swan
Reaction score
Reactions
42,458 534 239
Alleybux
Interesting read but none of it surprises me.

I expect at least 80% of celebrities to be jerks or bat-sh!t insane.

OkraJackson

Jason Pinkett Smith Shakur Alsina Jr.
Reaction score
Reactions
77,674 7,064 2,286
Alleybux
I can attest to Young Thug. He not only dresses like a queen but acts like one. He has a thing for people kissing his funky ass. You would think he is Michael Jackson based off arrogant and prideful he is. He look like he is what clogged up somebody's drain. Tall in person.

Suprised at Steve and Rosie. I've heard Rosie was nice, guess not.

Migos is not suprising, I've heard Quavo can be arrogant and disrespectful.

SophiaLorensWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,833 1,308 180
Alleybux
- My father has somewhat of an exciting life. He use to drink at the same bar as several famous wrestlers (Andre the giant, hulk hogan, and others) use to drink at so my dad got to hang out with them a good bit. He also use to build stock cars for racing, and hung out with tony Stewart quite a bit. (Even saw him after his incident a few years ago. Said the guy just wasn't the same afterwords). He also worked with Taylor lautners relative so my sister's met him when we were all kids. he was the one my father disliked the most as he said he was a whiny little brat that complained about everything.

- Read multiple reports from sailors on board that Tom Cruise was a royal pain in the ass to deal with when filming the new top gun movie

- Using my other account for anon reasons.

My company used to provide food for the Suits set and let me tell, everyone of those people were dicks, except Gina Torres. She was the only one who was nice to crew.

- I have worked many Hollywood sets from lighting In the 90’s to assistant director with Cameron the Coen brothers and a handful of MCU movies. Of the many actors I have meet the one that was the most difficult to work with the Emma Watson when I worked with her in wall flower. She was constantly late (which isn’t a big deal of you can you land your lines) but clearly didn’t take anytime to learn the script. Scenes took hours because she as I quote “I prefer to improve this one” time and again. Anyway time to make a new account. I like being incognito

- I knew a lady who's sister was Ben Stiller's assistant. She recorded how he would verbally berate her and call her stupid. I got to listen to the recording and it was absolutely 100% Ben Stiller's voice. So apparently that guy is a real dick.

- Not a movie, but Conan O'Brien is an absolute delight.

- Not movie sets, but I've done a few press junkets, commercials etc.

Joaquin Phoenix at a Joker junket, this was a few days after he had walked out in the middle of another interview so everyone was a little worried. We were also told he could arrive anywhere in a 2 hour window so we just had to set up and wait. He turned up 5 minutes into the 2 hour window, shook everyones hand and introduced himself and was generally very polite and seemed pretty shy/awkward. He asked if anyone who wasn't 100% needed could leave the room because he was shy, but gave a good interview.

Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg for another press junket. Will Farrell walked in, said hi to everyone, really happy and even cracked a few jokes. Mark Wahlberg walked in, didn't even look up from his phone and slouched in the chair, only put it down when we started.

Anne Hathaway for a commercial. She knew a few crew members from a previous film and remembered them all, said hi and was very friendly and professional. There was a piano in the house we were filming in and she sat and played for a bit while we were setting up.

I've filmed quite a few more for various online interviews and talks etc. and generally never really had a bad experience with big celebs. They have nearly always been friendly and professional, but I have only had very short amounts of time with them. Honestly I have worked more in reality tv and in my experience reality 'stars' can be more of a pain than anyone.

- My mom worked security in the late 90s or early 2000s at an arena in our city when Michael Jordan came through. She and a couple of her coworkers ran into him backstage. He was laying on a couch and apparently said, with all the entitlement and jackassery you can imagine packed into a sentence such as this: “Let me guess. You want an autograph.” Mom said “Nah, I’m good.” And she and her coworkers left.

On the other hand, a friend of my family also met Andre the Giant at some point in the 80s... he said that Andre was a big gentle giant who was polite enough to smile, say hello, and shake hands before he folded up to get down into his ride. Also said that Andre’s massive hands made his look like a baby’s, comparatively

- I've mentioned this before in previous posts but Blake Lively is an A grade cunt according to my partner and his crew who worked on her last movie (the shark/swimming one)

She was rude to every single person except the director. Would scream at whoever and didn't care who you were or completely ignore you depending on her tantrum.

Johnny Depp, Jason Mamoa, Mark Ruffalo? And plenty more they've met have been awesome/pleasant but Blake they all say was just a straight b!tch and won't work on set if she does another movie where we are.

NY_Mami

Not Desus DAMMIT!
Reaction score
Reactions
465,387 8,909 2,622
Alleybux
I’m not surprised about Ariana.... that girl REALLY needs to take a complete break from the entertainment industry all together and get herself some serious therapy...

Anatwyla

my booty opened a portal to success
Reaction score
Reactions
189,871 4,705 804
Alleybux
- My mom worked security in the late 90s or early 2000s at an arena in our city when Michael Jordan came through. She and a couple of her coworkers ran into him backstage. He was laying on a couch and apparently said, with all the entitlement and jackassery you can imagine packed into a sentence such as this: “Let me guess. You want an autograph.” Mom said “Nah, I’m good.” And she and her coworkers left.

source.gif

SophiaLorensWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,833 1,308 180
Alleybux
- Not in the movie business, but i have met several celebrities:

Trent Reznor- Very professional, to the point that interacting with fans seems like his nutts are in a vice. Isn't rude, but clearly didnt enjoy it. Is there to get a job done, and that's it.

Marilyn Manson- Treated his fans like he was very aware that they were excited to see him and he was happy to oblige. Surprisingly one of the nicest celebrities to his fans I've ever seen.

Jason Mewes- The guy is super cool to his fans. I watched him blow off his handlers once to take pictures and sign autographs for a family. The guy made funny faces with the kids. Just an absolute joy to be around. I hope he stays clean. Just a regular dude who happens to have made it.

Stan Lee- he really enjoyed being famous, and that meant bathing in the attention of his fans. He loved them, and kept going even when he really didn't need too because he knew that meeting him was important and a big deal to generations of his fans. It was impossible not to love the guy.

Felicia Day, very nice.

Will Wheaton, imo bad hygiene and an ego too big for his body. Not impressed.

- I was a driver on a movie starring Joey from friends in the 90s. He was a Very nice guy, and when I was slumped over at the wrap party because I was a drunk 19 year old he checked to make sure I was okay.

- I worked for a few days on the set of True Detective S3. as a PA. First day on set Mahershela Ali introduced himself to me and had the biggest, most genuine smile. Heard lots of stories on set about how he was the nicest guy ever.

- Hallie Barry, she stormed off the set and then after a while the assistant director came out and told all the extras not to look at her in the eye. Everyone thought she was a b!tch and it was an awkward rest of the day of filming.

- An old work friend of mine used to work on set with the hairy bikers (British cooking show). He said the two were a nightmare to deal with, rude and very demanding.

- I don't work on a movie set, but in college I worked at the college bookstore. Collin Farrell was filming that sh!tty "New World" movie nearby (this was in the Williamsburg/Jamestown Virginia area). He used to come into the store after the day's filming and buy a shitload of magazines. He'd complain about how expensive magazines were, then paid with crisp new $100 bills.

- Vin Diesel, shows up late, if at all. There's a reason he's not being given any roles.

- not entirely the same, but after a show in las vegas penn & teller did i met them and they were both absolutely lovely! can't tell you much about their actual persona but they seemed extremely kind. when teller got a photo with us he held the camera so he looked taller which i though was pretty funny

- Friend if mine is a photographer in Cologne, Germi. Did a shoot for the Method Man & Redman tour. Redman proceeded to hang out with us in my friends small student apartment, got high and listened to german rap music.

Awesome dude as you would imagine

- A friend of mine does extra work and was on a couple episodes of Brooklyn 99. He says that everyone on the show was really nice and very personable

- Not an actor, but my mum used to work in PR and she was the liaison between her company and a very famous five part British girl band in the nineties. The one who went on to start a fashion label sometimes only spoke to staff through the other girls because she ‘didn’t see why she had to speak to those people

- My coworker’s dad works in the film industry in Vancouver, said that Meryl Streep was extremely hard to work with and very arrogant.

- Darren Aronofsky.

I worked as an illegal intern in the entertainment industry, on a big budget movie with A list actors (illegal because I had already graduated college). One night, after pulling an all nighter to get a mountain of work finished, he berated me in front of the pre-production crew for not doing it to a better standard. I didn't say anything because I desperately wanted a career in entertainment. What I should have said was, "fµck YOU DARREN, I'M WORKING MY ASS OFF, ALL NIGHT, FOR FREE WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF APPRECIATION, GO fµck YOURSELF, YOU fµck!ng ASSHOLE."

I didn't say that, but I should have. Anyway, a couple of interns who followed in my footsteps sued him, so I guess it comes around

SophiaLorensWife

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,833 1,308 180
Alleybux
- Used to work in a gym that would get many of the stars staying when they were filming movies or whatnot here.

Most were genuinely lovely. A few highlights:

• having a rubber sword fight with Chris Hemsworth.

• sharing a hottub with Ian Brown (The Stone Roses) who was one of the coolest guys I've met. Brought his sons on tour with them who were also gents, and even left a handwritten note saying thank you when he left.

• Shared lunch with Natalie Portman. This was before her Oscar meltdown and was so normal I couldn't believe it. Beautiful too. No make up needed.

• Regularly trained with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The man is a beast. As I'm not a GoT watcher he appreciated me treating him respectfully (because I had no idea who he was lmao).
Now for the cunts:

• Keira Knightley. Swore at someone for coming too close. And this was before POTC.

• Rihanna. Wrecked an entire apartment and refused to pay the damages.

• Justin Beiber. He demanded his security replaced myself and another colleague in the gym because he didn't trust us not disclosing his exact location.
Overall I've had mainly positive experiences with stars. But these 3 stood out to me. Complete wankers.

- Wentworth Miller is a very deep, kind person. I think he’s had some hard times, but that guy is a prince. If you met him just in passing , he might not necessarily seem extremely kind, but that guy has real depth and he really wants the best for humanity and this world.

Brie Larson is actually still a sweetheart. I think she’s just exhausted by the craziness around her. Deep down, when the frenzy around her cools at the end of a day, she’s a very, very sweet person.

Ellen Page is mystically beautiful inside and out. Deep, caring, extremely intelligent. Wonderful, wonderful human being. Very deep, very concerned about the world and the people in it.

Anne Hathaway is very intelligent and very nice. She works very hard, so to some she seems inattentive. But she isn’t. She tries very very hard to keep herself grounded as much as she can, I think.

Chris Hemsworth is a very friendly, easy going guy, as long as he isn’t worried people are going to fawn over him and get weird. Very laid back, and wow... that guy is beyond funny. Funnier than most comedians.

Michael Fassbender is very bright and very, very nice. Looks you right in the eye and treats everyone with so much respect.

Emma Watson works very hard and many people think she’s stuck up, but she is NOT. If anything, she has a kind of shyness. She is very sweet and very bright. When she is relaxed, she is a supreme human being.

- Myself and a friend of mine were extras on Hawaii Five-0 a few times (him more then myself; I only got to do it once) and got to be around the actors during filming and breaks. I was never around any of the major actors in the show, but he was, and this is what he shared with me:

Scott Caan (Danno Williams), is a great and personable guy, who took the time during breaks to chat with the extras. However the same thing can't be said about the actor who plays his daughter in the show (Grace), who can be very stuck-up and rude.

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett) seemed pretty doped up during filming, and besides taking himself too seriously he didn't do anything bad or rude.

Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover) was apparently the worst major cast member my friend was around. He said whenever they weren't filming he would just be super loud and obnoxious, cussing after ever other word he spoke, and overall was just a major dick to the crew and the extras.

granted, this was a few years ago and my friend has moved on to other gigs now so its possible this is a little outdated. still surprising to hear how terrible some of these guys are to the crew who really are the ones who make the show work.

- Dakota Johnson was not nice to crew and would go hide in a room to herself in between scenes so everything took so much longer to film than it normally would because someone would constantly have to go find her. She would hide to "avoid the people" meanwhile no one gave a damn who she was.

Emma Roberts would never remember her lines and would want to change entire scenes around the fact that she didn't know the lines.

Megan Fox couldn't hit a simple mark, which is the entirety of an actor's job, and then get pissed off at everyone else about it.

Edward Norton tries to have creative control over everything, even when it's not his position or has nothing to do with his role. Wouldn't acknowledge anyone outside of the higher ups.

Added: James Franco.... dude's a lazy creep that would just yell at people.

- My dad is a prop master and he said that Robert Downey jr is an asshole. He really believes that he is Ironman

- Not a film set, but someone involved in film. I had a friend who worked at this well known clothing store somewhere in America, she met many celebrities and one day met bear Grylls, he was arrogant, rude, treated my friend poorly and was a pretty unpleasant person in general. She said that Bear felt that he was better than most people

- I worked a couple of bigger movies, met Daniel Brühl (very nice dude) and Benedict Cumberbatch (he was a bit stressed, but overall also a nice down to earth guy) met several other bigger names (in Europe) too, most were very down to earth and friendly.

The only time I witnessed diva behaviour was on a medium budget European film with some C list celebrities. I'm not going to name and shame, but there was 1 actress who flipped her sh!t because her ginger tea wasn't made with fresh ginger... We were out in the middle of nowhere, I had a runner drive for an hour and a half to get some fresh ginger in the nearest city.

Also; it wasn't stated anywhere that she "required" fresh ginger tea every day, if so I would have made sure we had some on stock

- My dad was a double on the Chris Rock movie ‘Head of State’ and said he was a jackass. Just generally rude to everyone around him all the time.

808sss

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,070 6,543 852
Alleybux

giphy.gif

MrsChestnut

Trevante's wife
Reaction score
Reactions
23,577 653 198
Alleybux
Not that anyone is checking for him but I know someone who had a role in The Mentalist during the first season. This person asked Simon Baker a question and he gave them the most disgusting look like 'why tf are you talking to me' and walked away

Icchick

Achieved my final form
Reaction score
Reactions
21,455 234 56
Alleybux
- Faye Dunaway, Faye Dunaway... and I cannot stress this enough... FAYE DUNAWAY. I've had dealings with her personally and can vouch for her entitledness, and nastiness, but my friend who works on movie sets has horror stories.

Extremely demanding, and also picky. She brings her scales with her everywhere and will make anyone catering weigh it up in front of her. She has a no eye contact rule, which must never be disobeyed, and she also yells and screams when things do not go her way.

tumblr_ofybcdja691r1ult6o1_400.gif

Coconochanel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
295,735 10,709 6,562
Alleybux
Chadwick Boseman went from being one of the nicest to one of the biggest dicks post Black Panther release.

Michael B. Jordan similar to Chadwick Boseman let the fame get to his head, but not as bad in that he was rude, just less exceptionally polite

- Jim Carrey's trailer had an astroturf roll up lawn. On this lawn was a picnic table. On this table was a vase. On this vase was a flower. I'm not sure if he makes the teamsters bring it everywhere they filmed but I imagine so.

I never met the guy himself but that honestly I respected him for it. If you're living out of a damn trailer for days or weeks at a time and working the kind of hours we do making it as livable as possible is a good idea. Its honestly such a minor amount of work to set up compared to all the gear that gets hauled around regularly I doubt it was a huge deal.
This trio rubbed me the wrong way. The guy claims Chawdwick became a dick WITH NO STORY TO BACK IT UP then compared MBJ to him....only to say that MBJ was never rude to him. Apparently he just stopped being "exceptionally polite" whatever the fµck that means??? Does this guy want MBJ saying "yes massa, no massa" or some sh!t???

Then he congratulates Jim Carrey for insisting on having a fake garden everywhere he goes after lambasting the black men for not kissing his ass????!!!

Man, fµck that guy. You always have to read the subtext in their complaints against black celebrities. You never hear stories of black celebs actually being assholes to them, it's always a complaint about how they weren't meek enough for their liking...just look at that BS someone else said about Neil Degrasse Tyson too :disdain

Be careful ki-ki'ng with these lowkey racists who HATE that black people are rich and famous while they're just the hired help.

Last edited:

Icchick

Achieved my final form
Reaction score
Reactions
21,455 234 56
Alleybux
-
My mom worked security in the late 90s or early 2000s at an arena in our city when Michael Jordan came through. She and a couple of her coworkers ran into him backstage. He was laying on a couch and apparently said, with all the entitlement and jackassery you can imagine packed into a sentence such as this: “Let me guess. You want an autograph.” Mom said “Nah, I’m good.” And she and her coworkers left.

giphy.gif

gurli

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
8,606 780 205
Alleybux
I have heard that most actors are assholes on set because they have to stay in character, so if someone disturbs them it makes them upset. Not sure how true that is, because it seems actors are always assholes.

Normal Faces Matter

If I can’t scuba, then what’s this all been about?
Reaction score
Reactions
181,252 2,606 340
Alleybux
This trio rubbed me the wrong way. The guy claims Chawdwick became a dick then compared MBJ to him....only to say that MBJ was never rude to him. Apparently he just stopped being "exceptionally polite" whatever the fµck that means??? Does this guy was a "yes massa" or some sh!t???

Then he congratulates Jim Carrey for insisting on having a fake garden everywhere he goes after lambasting the black men for not kissing his ass????!!!

Man, fµck that guy. You always have to read the subtext in their complaints against black celebrities. You never hear stories of black celebs actually being assholes to them, it's always a complaint about how they weren't meek enough for their liking...just look at that BS someone else said about Neil Degrasse too :disdain

Be careful kiking with these lowkey racists who HATE that black people are rich and famous while they're just the hired help.
I noticed the same thing. Majority of white celebs were praised while black celebs mostly had complaints. I’m assuming it’s coming from multiple user perspectives, but it was still suspect.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,011 50 4
Alleybux
I note Ian Brown, singer of the stone roses, got a good write up.
several years ago, an old friend of mine, who was a huge fan of his, was going to one of his shows and hoped to meet him. I was concerned as they say 'never meet your idols' and my friend was only in his early 20s and worshipped the guy. well, he met him and said Ian Brown couldn't of been any nicer. Hung out and chatted with him, took photos, signed anything anyone wanted and gave my friend a big hug. My friend was over the moon. I was so relieved it went well and Ian Brown was a top bloke to him and all the other stone roses fans. Ian Brown also testified against one of his old school teachers, who many years after the fact, finally went down for being pedo here in the UK.

Josie248

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,752 366 28
Alleybux
This is a lie. I've met him 3 times and he was horrible each time. I've met lots of people who have said the same.

He was a jerk to a friend until he realized she was a friend of his new wife.

Ashley Judd and the mute stones, entitled behavior will always be epic craziness. She blames Harvey for her career troubles but she’s very difficult to work with.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,011 50 4
Alleybux
Just remembered an old work colleague who was a photographer when I worked for a local newspaper was sent along to photograph Ian Brown. She said he was gent and no problem at all. Very friendly.

Mrs.Smooth

Hateonit
Reaction score
Reactions
310,206 16,669 21,219
Alleybux
I noticed the same thing. Majority of white celebs were praised while black celebs mostly had complaints. I’m assuming it’s coming from multiple user perspectives, but it was still suspect.

Not suspect to me at all.....give a black person some money and attention and they don’t know how to act. As Chris Rock said in his stand up, money is “new” to black people so when they act up it’s not surprising to me.

Chris Boy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,508 1,595 636
Alleybux
- Not a movie set but I worked Guest relations/manager at the resorts at Disney and Ariana Grande was just terrible. She completely trashed the Cinderella suite. Apparently also caused damage over at Universal as well. On the other hand. Met several others. The ones that stand out are John Stamos, Chris Evans, and Prince Harry.

- Chris Evans was very polite and when someone recognized him through his sunglasses and ball cap disguise he was very cordial (his hotel room was a revolving door of women, but when you look like he does why not)

- 2nd hand, but I used to bartend in Rockefeller Center in the late 90s. NBC shot a lot of shows in the building so a lot of my lunch crews were the people who worked on sets and production. The hardest drinking, most miserable patrons were the ones from the Rosie O'Donnell Show. She tortured those poor bastards. Constant fits of rage, constant shouting, insults and throwing things. I would hear about it daily.

So to be fair to celebrities, if someone meets you or works with you only once and you happen to be having a bad day that person might think you’re an ass all the time and rumors start to spread.

In no particular order:

• Steve Harvey - Complete self entitled ass. Disrespectful of everyone on set and acted like a petulant child the entire time. He didn’t want to have his photo taken (at a photo shoot set up specifically for him) so what should have been 30 minutes turned into 2-3 hours.

• Bobby Brown - Kind of a dick. Thinks he’s still as big of a deal as he was in the 80’s / 90’s. He was really pleasant to the producers but dismissive at best to the crew.

• Young Thug - All of the stories you’ve heard are true. He’s so strung out on lean most of the time that he can’t be bothered to actually leave his hotel room to show up at the shoot. When he does show up, it’ll be a miracle if you get him to look at the camera.

• Migos - I didn’t interact with them directly but they were 4 hours late for their own concert, which was being recorded for advertising purposes (but there was a venue full of audience members who had paid for tickets). I was supposed to be in bed by 11pm, but because of their fuckery I didn’t get home until 5am.

• 2 Chains - 2hrs late and then refused to walk on set until he could burn three joints. Once he did finally walk on he all fun & games for 10 minutes until he saw something on a monitor he didn’t like and started acting all hard and screaming about it.

• Mike Will - Showed up 3hrs late for what was supposed to be a 60 minute photo shoot - didn’t acknowledge the photographer or the crew for the first 45 minutes and instead dicked around on his phone and walked around the location. We finally managed to get usable stuff, but only after his full crew arrived and the owner of the location gave them a green light to hotbox the bathroom.

• T.I. - Professional as hell. On time. Focused. Ready to work. But also sort of gives off a gangster/Scarface vibe. Very respectful to everyone but also his vibe puts everyone on edge a bit.

• Killer Mike - 100% Real. Professional and has no time to waste. What you see with him on TV or whatever doing interviews is pretty much him all the time.

• Lil Yachty - Eh. He was alright. Did a couple of shoots with him early on. He rolled up 30 minutes late and his dad (his manager at the time) yelled at him, which was amusing.

• Shaq - worked with him half a dozen times. He’s basically a giant 15 year old. Mostly pleasant but has a really short attention span and insists on having a hookah ready for him at all times so he can suck on it while the scene is getting lit.

• The Rock - Incredibly aware that he’s a big deal. Very serious and professional but totally pleasant and respectful to everyone. (Also he’s not as big as I expected). In between scenes he can be spotted doing curls and inhaling chicken, broccoli & rice. (Seriously this dude doesn’t stop).

• Sean Astin - Major nerd (in the best way possible). Incredibly friendly and personable to everyone on set. I wish I hadn’t been so busy because I really would have loved to chat with him.

• Zoe Saldana - Super friendly and fun to work with. Made a point to thank every person on thecrew for their work before she left.

• Natalie Dormer - The only time I’ve been legitimately star struck. She’s effortlessly beautiful, charming and was lovely to everyone on the crew.

• T-Pain - Like pretty much every other rapper, he was a couple of hours late... but made up for it by being fµck!ng hilarious and pleasant to work with. We had a lot of ruined takes because he likes to ad lib and see if he can get the crew busting up. (He can. We did).

• 50 Cent - Total asshole. Super entitled and disrespectful to the entire crew. Needed a stunt double to catch a football for him.

• Andy Serkis & Martin Freeman - worked with them at the same time. Complete gentlemen even at 3am they were beyond professional.

• Barry Bostwick - Really approachable and easy to work with. Dude has been around forever and knows how to get it done.

• Dale Earnhardt Jr - Polite and professional. Not professional “talent” and seems like he doesn’t care to be on camera but knows he needs to in order to keep the machine running - so we just get him in & out as fast as we can. No complaints.

• Keith David - Very professional. Seemed like a nice guy but I never got a lot of time with him because he would he got pulled off set into something else the moment we had the minimum we needed.

• Rhetta - Genuinely hilarious and good to work with the couple of times I was on set with her.
- Not on a movie set but was friends with someone who’s parents owned a large hotel in a small community, Gordon Ramsey was filming an episode of hotel hell at their place, came over with McDonald’s for me and my friend and Gordon walked into the dining area and said “what have you got there” to which I responded McDonald’s then he gave a stern look and said “ throw that garbage away and wait here” a little while later he returned with fresh made eggs Benedict and was very polite to us. He genuinely cared for the youth.

- My aunt (cousins aunt technically) did make up on sets the meanest most selfish person she ever met was Debra Jo Rupp, “Kitty” from that 70’s show

- Matthew McCon—nah I’m playing, he’s the nicest celeb I’ve ever met. He even took time to talk to an entire room of recovering addicts who had filled into the theater from next door, totally unaware MMC would be in there.

--- My husband was in Austin because his old band had a SXSW showcase, which meant he had an artist badge for the festival. He was waiting in a backstage area after the STP show and Matt walked up to him thinking he was security (my husband is a big dude) telling him he wanted to meet the band. Husband corrects him but they end up chatting. He told Matt the crazy story of how the band van broke so they ended up driving from Aberdeen, WA to tx in husband’s General Lee and long story short this ends up with Matt getting both him and hubs backstage to meet the band, hanging out most of the evening, AND running into each other again the next night at the Hole show, whereupon Matt not only acknowledged him again, but bought him a beer and introduced him to Woody Harrelson. He is cool af.

- Friend of mine worked on a Travis Scott music video and said the dude torpedoed his own shoot. Showed up late. Disrespected the crew. Refused to listen to the director. Brought a ton of people he insist be used in the video. All around asshole.

--- I was at Osheaga 2018 and Travis Scott showed up 45 minutes late to his own set so this checks out

--- Saw Travis back in 2015 at Sound Academy back when that existed and he was such an asshole in general, completely turned me off his music

These days it’s MOSTLY the trap stars that are bringing high level diva attitudes to set. That is if they show up at all (lookin at you Thugger). And if they DO show up it’ll be at least 4hrs late and already blazed out of their mind. Every time.

It’s gotten bad enough that myself and the rest of the crew I know actively have to ask if the project is hip hop related before taking the gig. I almost always turn them down now unless it’s for someone I have worked with before and I know they be cool

- Opposite story. I met Colin Hanks, the son of Tom Hanks, while filming Orange County. You would expect him to be pretty arrogant and entitled, considering he grew up in Hollywood and his dad was TOM FREAKING HANKS.

Me and my friends had gotten on set since we were in a film club and ran into him while there. He was sooooo nice. He joked around, answered a lot of questions, and was really genuine. He laughed when we asked him how it felt being Tom Hank's son and said it got old being asked that all the time, but he always took it in stride. He is definitely like his father and just an all around nice guy

- Friend of mine works in the biz. She and several of her coworkers have said multiple things about the entitled behavior of Benedict Cumberbatch. Talks down to people, acts superior to everyone around him, and they won’t give him a female personal assistant cuz he always tries to “break them.”

--- Heard from someone that Robert Downey Jr berated him for his behavior on the set of Avengers.

Also apparently he had what was assumed to be a bender in his hotel a night before shooting and they had to send a doctor to his room. Don’t know what exactly happened but was disappointing to hear.

- It’s an open secret as detailed through coded language (due to having signed NDAs) by comedy writers that Ellen is a terrible person to work for. Her handling of payment to her crew when covid hit came as no surprise to anyone who has heard these stories over the years.

- Neil DeGrasse Tyson is every bit as arrogant and self important as he seems on TV. He was nice enough to talk to everyone at least once, we paid to see him, but he really doesn't want to talk to you if you're not actively in science or a kid who maybe wants to do science. There was just something rude about him.

And when you consider how much he hangs with Bill Nye and how much Bill Nye gets massacred in threads like these for being a raging asshole to people who bump into him on the street...

I absolutely abhor Mo.rgan Free.mahn and Bobby D. MF acted like he was drunk and would hit on young white extras. Assholes to the 9th degree. BD is just a prick. I can’t even enjoy his films anymore. Michael Douglas—was a dream. (All 3 were in a film together) Aly.ssa Mi.lano has a way to damper the mood of the set. She also always has her kids and husband with her. It’s a pain having to cater to everyone. She also stares heavily at crew. Deb.bie Riyyan (Nick girl) was cool at first until she started going around and ask people of color to touch their hair and laugh while asking.

Most celebs suck. And a big FU to Bilhe Crystalll.

Nice:

Ben A.ffleck
Jennifer Annisto.n
Than.die Newton
Ke.lly Ro.land (I should have asked her out) lol
Mari.ssa Tom.ay
Do.llie Pardon
Jenniferr Lawrenc.e
JLow (I think she’s nice to cute guys)
Kwest (he gave me a bottle of Dom)
Random but I worked as a PA for Swizzles bf—nice dude.
K.Stew (quiet but so nice)

Last edited:

faithless

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,067 1,070 874
Alleybux
Honestly I haven't heard great things about the BP cast, from multiple sources. Lupita has her own bad press as well. Surprised about Chadwick though. I wonder if the hype of BP may have been too much at the time and they were just stressed. By the end of that press run you could see the fire draining a little bit.

The rappers being tardy, drugged up and rude... not shocking. They're the modern day rockstars.

Dodododadada

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,653 111 60
Alleybux
-Joaquin Phoenix at a Joker junket, this was a few days after he had walked out in the middle of another interview so everyone was a little worried. We were also told he could arrive anywhere in a 2 hour window so we just had to set up and wait. He turned up 5 minutes into the 2 hour window, shook everyones hand and introduced himself and was generally very polite and seemed pretty shy/awkward. He asked if anyone who wasn't 100% needed could leave the room because he was shy, but gave a good interview.

This makes my heart happy. Thanks for sharing :love:

NY_Mami

Not Desus DAMMIT!
Reaction score
Reactions
465,387 8,909 2,622
Alleybux
I’m not surprised about Steve Harvey either... he always gives off this vibe of pretentiousness and preachy people usually are... he was very nice and mad cool when I met him though...

ALLOFTHIS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
185,059 4,466 2,068
Alleybux
I can attest to Young Thug. He not only dresses like a queen but acts like one. He has a thing for people kissing his funky ass. You would think he is Michael Jackson based off arrogant and prideful he is. He look like he is what clogged up somebody's drain. Tall in person.

Suprised at Steve and Rosie. I've heard Rosie was nice, guess not.

Migos is not suprising, I've heard Quavo can be arrogant and disrespectful.
Steve is definitely an arrogant ass. I found this out during the TV show days so I know its worst now.

LMAO @ Oprah being a Karen

oldsoulchild

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,120 156 63
Alleybux

In no particular order:

I wonder if this Lili chick was abused or something when she was younger. She seems ultra guarded and angry for someone who is set for life.

High Horse

Wit Suga Zaddy Bezos
Reaction score
Reactions
112,101 5,514 2,126
Alleybux
“Ellen Page is mystically beautiful inside and out. Deep, caring, extremely intelligent. Wonderful, wonderful human being. Very deep, very concerned about the world and the people in it.”

This is so gay.