Quantcast

UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenViper

#2021 Is Going To Be My Best Year
Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
I suggest we watch them!

Long story short, they are working TOGETHER to legally impact stocks. They are using their profits to buy cars, pay off student loans, pay off mortgages etc.

Technically, they aren't doing anything illegal.

Reddit users are doing what all the fat cats have done at the expense of us little people....only now the little people are working together and dragging the fat cats at their own game.

Why?

Because there are more little people in this world than there are fat cats. These folks learned how to work together.....now people like Carmer are shaking in their boots!

I knew something was up with some of these inflated stocks, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It became evident to me when Airbnb went public.

Anyway, you can read about it yourself below.

Remember: Greed is good! Just be careful. This whole thing could very well come crashing down at some point.

Reddit moderator slams Wall Street ‘fat cats’ as GameStop’s wild ride continues — ‘They hate that you played by the rules and still won’

WallStreetBets crew celebrates on another volatile day for stock in videogame retail chain

im-290060

The smug factor is running hot in Reddit’s buzzy WallStreetBets community, where a growing number of NSFW stock-flippers are clearly feeling pretty good about themselves these days.

And why wouldn’t they? GameStop Corp. GME, +18.12%, one of the group’s beloved meme stocks, has been absolutely shredding the short sellers for weeks. On Friday alone, mark-to-market losses for those betting against GameStop came to $1.6 billion, according to S3 Partners.

With that, love, and a disconcerting appetite for risk, were in the air:

To say GameStop has been volatile doesn’t quite capture the madness. The stock, despite no news, rallied almost 150% early in Monday’s session, but has since pulled back. This after a frenetic buying spree took the stock up triple digits at one point on Friday, as well. Shares have already been halted for volatility several times amid a huge uptick in trading volume.

As you can see, it’s been a wild ride this month.

im-290000

What exactly is going on here?

One trader, in a piece CNBC host Jim Cramer described as perhaps “the most important article” you’ll read about the recent move, took a crack at explaining it on TheStreet.com.

“There’s been an awakening,” Tim Collins wrote. “A large group of retail traders have realized if they work together, using market tools such as out-of-the-money call options or low-float stocks, they can overpower any institution or short seller in the world, outside of the Fed, of course.”

Cramer himself admitted on CNBC that he’s “never seen the guns like this. They can break shorts.”

That “awakening” Collins wrote about has drawn fierce critics of the tactics that have apparently led to such outsize gains. For instance, Andrew Left, editor of Citron Research, said he would no longer comment on GameStop, after “name-calling and hacking,” and the “harassment of minor children” by the “angry mob who owns the stock.”

One of the WallStreetBets moderators felt compelled to address the backlash, taking exception with the “narrative” that the forum is “disorderly and reckless” and is involved in manipulation.

“What I think is happening is that you guys are making such an impact that these fat cats are worried that they have to get up and put in work to earn a living,” he wrote. “Some of these guys traditionally used the media as a tool for them to manipulate the market have failed to further line their pockets and now want to accuse you guys as being manipulators. This is complete nonsense… They hate that you played by the rules and still won.”

From there, the “gain pδrn” posts were flying across WallStreetBets, a subreddit that has more than 2 million subscribers. Here are just some of the highlights:

At last check, GameStop shares were trading around $75, about half of where they were earlier in Monday’s session. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.12% was stuck in red territory. Both the Nasdaq Composite COMP, 0.69% and S&P 500 SPX, +0.36% were moving higher.

Last edited:

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,890 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
yeah the market has been inflated for a while

but i can't wrap my mind around gamestop???

really? gamestop, why

anywho, if tesla can win so can anyone

poopoop

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,233 112 169
Alleybux
as a beginner that sub confuses me. wtf is a call? are they using robinhood to do this or can it be done with something else? i have td ameritrade.

but good for them i saw last night that one person made 11million just off a gamestop lol. one day i'll understand

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,796 19,021 12,528
Alleybux
online manipulation of stocks for personal gain is literally illegal. I remember reading/seeing this on forums 20 years ago. Specifically yahoo groups with people manipulating to pump and dump. You can do it but the SEC may step to you years later, and yes they go after little guys, especially little guys because they know you can't afford to fight.

MainMane

Common Sense
Reaction score
Reactions
206,052 7,698 9,951
Alleybux
online manipulation of stocks for personal gain is literally illegal. I remember reading/seeing this on forums 20 years ago. Specifically yahoo groups with people manipulating to pump and dump. You can do it but the SEC may step to you years later, and yes they go after little guys, especially little guys because they know you can't afford to fight.

Yeah, I was thinking it was illegal, but those guys are so smug, I can’t imagine they just carte blanche said fµck you to the SEC.

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux

There are alot of people out here saying what they are doing is not "manipulation."

I mean if I tell my friends about a stock I like, we all buy it (therefore driving up the price), and agree to hold it until some point in the future how is that manipulation?

I think the problem people have is it's 2 million of them on that forum doing it.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,158 7,427 1,115
Alleybux
I suggest we watch them and do the same!

Long story short, they are working TOGETHER to legally impact stocks. They are using their profits to buy cars, pay off student loans, pay off mortgages etc.

Technically, they aren't doing anything illegal.

Reddit users are doing what all the fat cats have done at the expense of us little people....only now the little people are working together and dragging the fat cats at their own game.

Why?

Because there are more little people in this world than there are fat cats. These folks learned how to work together.....now people like Carmer are shaking in their boots!

I knew something was up with some of these inflated stocks, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It became evident to me when Airbnb went public.

Anyway, you can read about it yourself below.

Remember: Greed is good! Just be careful. This whole thing could very well come crashing down at some point.

Reddit moderator slams Wall Street ‘fat cats’ as GameStop’s wild ride continues — ‘They hate that you played by the rules and still won’

WallStreetBets crew celebrates on another volatile day for stock in videogame retail chain

im-290060

The smug factor is running hot in Reddit’s buzzy WallStreetBets community, where a growing number of NSFW stock-flippers are clearly feeling pretty good about themselves these days.

And why wouldn’t they? GameStop Corp. GME, +18.12%, one of the group’s beloved meme stocks, has been absolutely shredding the short sellers for weeks. On Friday alone, mark-to-market losses for those betting against GameStop came to $1.6 billion, according to S3 Partners.

With that, love, and a disconcerting appetite for risk, were in the air:

To say GameStop has been volatile doesn’t quite capture the madness. The stock, despite no news, rallied almost 150% early in Monday’s session, but has since pulled back. This after a frenetic buying spree took the stock up triple digits at one point on Friday, as well. Shares have already been halted for volatility several times amid a huge uptick in trading volume.

As you can see, it’s been a wild ride this month.

im-290000

What exactly is going on here?

One trader, in a piece CNBC host Jim Cramer described as perhaps “the most important article” you’ll read about the recent move, took a crack at explaining it on TheStreet.com.

“There’s been an awakening,” Tim Collins wrote. “A large group of retail traders have realized if they work together, using market tools such as out-of-the-money call options or low-float stocks, they can overpower any institution or short seller in the world, outside of the Fed, of course.”

Cramer himself admitted on CNBC that he’s “never seen the guns like this. They can break shorts.”

That “awakening” Collins wrote about has drawn fierce critics of the tactics that have apparently led to such outsize gains. For instance, Andrew Left, editor of Citron Research, said he would no longer comment on GameStop, after “name-calling and hacking,” and the “harassment of minor children” by the “angry mob who owns the stock.”

One of the WallStreetBets moderators felt compelled to address the backlash, taking exception with the “narrative” that the forum is “disorderly and reckless” and is involved in manipulation.

“What I think is happening is that you guys are making such an impact that these fat cats are worried that they have to get up and put in work to earn a living,” he wrote. “Some of these guys traditionally used the media as a tool for them to manipulate the market have failed to further line their pockets and now want to accuse you guys as being manipulators. This is complete nonsense… They hate that you played by the rules and still won.”

From there, the “gain pδrn” posts were flying across WallStreetBets, a subreddit that has more than 2 million subscribers. Here are just some of the highlights:

At last check, GameStop shares were trading around $75, about half of where they were earlier in Monday’s session. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.12% was stuck in red territory. Both the Nasdaq Composite COMP, 0.69% and S&P 500 SPX, +0.36% were moving higher.

Be careful with GME . I honestly would not buy. Some folks got caught buying that mess in premarket and it dropped . Some big hands I think got some shorts ( they are not covering ) and they got bigger money than these guys to move the market if they want when they want too.

One thing I noticed is the shorts there are none via my broker and probably many others too. If it was small hand shorts they would have been forced out of these trades by margin calls when that occured but so far nada nothing.

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
The other thing here is they are using the tools given to them to enrich themselves...

The tools they are using are completely legal.

petitenoire

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,641 2,052 1,426
Alleybux
UPDATE3: Certain brokerages are preventing more people from buying GME and AMC now
UPDATE2: A lot of brokerages are down! People are not able to make trades or take profits smh. This is no surprise. Hopefully no one did something stupid and only invested what they can afford to lose.

UPDATE: Anyway, I take back being what I said about the redditors lmao. I thought it was a normal pump and dumb but it’s just another Tesla like situation where mostly huge banks shorted GameStop cause they closed their stores but the redditors are buying up the stock lmaoo.
BUT I still think this type of foolery would cause the FED to impose more regulations/limits that will deter a lot of normal people from investing in the future and I still think this would be catastrophic for the little guys who bought high once the stock drops cause it is being artificially driven up so y’all be smart out there! Do not invest what you can’t afford to lose and please don’t get too greedy and at least take some profits.

Last edited:

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
Be careful with GME . I honestly would not buy. Some folks got caught buying that mess in premarket and it dropped . Some big hands I think got some shorts ( they are not covering ) and they got bigger money than these guys to move the market if they want when they want too.

One thing I noticed is the shorts there are none via my broker and probably many others too. If it was small hand shorts they would have been forced out of these trades by margin calls when that occured but so far nada nothing.

I'm not touching GME. You should know me better. However, I do plan to watch their forum like a hawk.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,158 7,427 1,115
Alleybux
So, they group bought the stock as a joke and are seeing profit because of it?

Is LSA publicly traded?

no . lol

They are not buying it as a joke. They are literally doing a pump and dumps for profits . Or they someone has some inside info news about a stock then loads of folks either buy it or short it.

Problem is if you are not in at the right price point or enter too late you will be the one left holding the bag . lol

DZA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,028 933 445
Alleybux
ooooo.gif

I don't fully understand what's going, but I was reading Yahoo Finance on Friday and was wondering where all this news about GameStop was coming from. I've been eyeing EA and Activision Blizzard stocks, and all the related news had been circling back to GME. It confused me because I was like "who tf is buying Gamestop shares?o_O"

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,158 7,427 1,115
Alleybux

nah stock analysts do that ish all the time that do those random upgrades and downgrades on stocks when they want a stock to move a certain direction.

Them talking bobble heads on CBNC do it as well.

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,796 19,021 12,528
Alleybux
There are alot of people out here saying what they are doing is not "manipulation."

I mean if I tell my friends about a stock I like, we all buy it (therefore driving up the price), and agree to hold it until some point in the future how is that manipulation?

I think the problem people have is it's 2 million of them on that forum doing it.

It doesn't really matter what a lot of people say, it is what the SEC says. Just a cursory reading of your post it looks like blatant manipulation like what I remember happening in yahoo groups years ago. But I have never visited that reddit forum so I can't say for sure.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,158 7,427 1,115
Alleybux
ooooo.gif

I don't fully understand what's going, but I was reading Yahoo Finance on Friday and was wondering where all this news about GameStop was coming from. I've been eyeing EA and Activision Blizzard stocks, and all the related news had been circling back to GME. It confused me because I was like "who tf is buying Gamestop shares?o_O"

Young yte men / boys with some cash. They be on that forum cutting the ish. You got to sort through the fluff BS for the good stuff on that forum

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
It doesn't really matter what a lot of people say, it is what the SEC says. Just a cursory reading of your post it looks like blatant manipulation like what I remember happening in yahoo groups years ago. But I have never visited that reddit forum so I can't say for sure.

I guess we will see. If the SEC considers what these guys are doing "manipulation" then they will need to start looking at the fat cats who've been fµck!ng all of us in the ass as well.

I play by the rules. I'm a buy/hold long term investor, but I began feeling like something wasn't clean in the water. Imagine my surprise to learn a bunch of high school nerds are shaking things up.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,158 7,427 1,115
Alleybux
I hope the feds start regulating! They’re making some companies that should otherwise have stable low roi volatile. GameStop for example increased by 400% in just 3 weeks. Some unsuspecting beginner could have bought that this morning and lose half their investment in one day, -100% the next, and 75% 2 days later. This isn’t crypto! These are actual real companies. They need to take their asses to Coinbase or Forex or something and play there. They keep this up and it’ll be harder to analyze certain stable company’s stocks cause the graph would just be zig zags instead of a nice steady line.

Nah the Govt needs to stay out of the market. This is easy money. lol Markets need volatility for good swing trading and day trading.

Newbies need to learn early on how to spot the BS and if it sound to good to be true then you dont buy it.

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
nah stock analysts do that ish all the time that do those random upgrades and downgrades on stocks when they want a stock to move a certain direction.

Them talking bobble heads on CBNC do it as well.

Yep, Goldman, Carmer, CNBC, Fox Business ALL of them are guilty of the above.

Carmer, who has admitted to stock manipulation, is genuinely shook by these Reddit guys.

SweetieRose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,363 6 1
Alleybux
Becareful listening to random stock investing advice online. r/wallstreetbets is notorious for having people shill stocks to pump it up and then dump it on those who get in late for them to gain a profit. I would reccomend better websites like Forbes and financial analyst websites to make a better decision.

1/28 Edit: A lot of sh!t has happened in just a few days. If you get involved just make sure you are doing it for entertianment and you don't care about losing some play money. Whatever happens, this is all a middle finger to the system that always plays us!

Last edited:

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
Becareful listening to random stock investing advice online. r/wallstreetbets is notorious for having people shill stocks to pump it up and then dump it on those who get in late for them to gain a profit. I would reccomend better websites like Forbes and financial analyst websites to make a better decision.

These reddit guys and the Robinhood users are what's inflating the stock prices. I have looked into it. They may have changed the game for the foreseeable future.

Once I realized what was going on I pulled out of some stocks.

petitenoire

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,641 2,052 1,426
Alleybux
UPDATE2: A lot of brokerages are down! People are not able to make trades or take profits smh. This is no surprise. Hopefully no one did something stupid and only invested what they can afford to lose.
UPDATE: Anyway, I take back what I said about the redditors lmao. I thought it was a normal pump and dumb but it’s just another Tesla like situation where mostly huge banks shorted GameStop cause they closed their stores but the redditors are buying up the stock lmaoo.
BUT I still think this type of foolery would cause the FED to impose more regulations/limits that will deter a lot of normal people from investing in the future and I still think this would be catastrophic for the little guys who bought high once the stock drops cause it is being artificially driven up so y’all be smart out there! Do not invest what you can’t afford to lose and please don’t get too greedy and at least take some profits.

Uuum no! They’re inflating stocks that’s shouldn’t be inflating in the first places. If you wanna swing trade, go stick to penny stocks, forex, and crypto. Stop pumping and dumping historically stable stocks. Most “newbies” can’t afford to “learn early”. This is the kind of manipulation that scares people from investing.

EDIT: most on there are clueless readers who pick stocks based on what these other redditors tell them. They can’t afford to lose their investments. There’s a reason why a similar site, stocktwits, has a bad rep now. Some of y’all who are beginners would have read that forum, bought GameStop this morning and lost almost half your investment 10 minutes after market opening. But it’s ok as long as a few “ordinary” guys made money dumping the stock to y’all right?
I’m surprised the SEC didn’t step in after that suicide from a Robinhood user but I’m sure they will in the near future.

Nah the Govt needs to stay out of the market. This is easy money. lol Markets need volatility for good swing trading and day trading.

Newbies need to learn early on how to spot the BS and if it sound to good to be true then you dont buy it.

Last edited:

xxBrandixx

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,486 196 356
Alleybux
Lol I think Wall Streetbets is hilarious. It’s easy to post some of the large gains you see on there, but some people have also lost a lot too. You see people playing more so with options on there, so it’s not like they’re long term invested into it. I think the Citron saga kinda fueled them wanting to pump the stock.

Obcydian

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
There is nothing illegal about this and I am actually rooting for the Reddit bros for once lol. If the government and company insiders can regularly (and legally) manipulate the markets, then why can't these guys gather their network to do the same thing and benefit from it? I'm all for it to be frank.

Mrs Anderson

I’m a billionaire.
Reaction score
Reactions
143,630 6,212 2,007
Alleybux
The posters on WallStreet Bets are savages. The way they talk to each other is insane. There’s only so much of that crap I can read but you can make some serious money and lose it as well following that sub.

But these conversations aren’t just happening on Reddit. There are a couple of other forums too.

QueenViper

Reaction score
Reactions
55,637 1,055 3,027
Alleybux
The posters on WallStreet Bets are savages. The way they talk to each other is insane. There’s only so much of that crap I can read but you can make some serious money and lose it as well following that sub.

But these conversations aren’t just happening on Reddit. There are a couple of other forums too.

Post the names of the other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.