Status
Not open for further replies.

So Beautiful

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,506 341 137
Alleybux
Don’t be lured away by ploys to start a private group. Remain silent if you will not spill publicly. You will sip publicly but not share.

Remain mum.

They want this thread and you all silenced.

Pay attention to code switch to build trust.
Just follow LSA rules.

Wireless

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,553 1,926 1,867
Alleybux
Kind of Out of topic but in the light of our recent discussion I find this interesting
Hmm and some delusional people were in here saying that E's UKIP comments / affiliations should be ignored because it was said over 10 years ago. Lies, Reges team better hope and pray that ish does not get out to the general public because if it does, she is toast. People don't care when a racist remark was made, they will still drag her hard by her last hair follicles. Lol

Inmate

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
25,193 310 14
Alleybux
Hmm and some delusional people were in here saying that E's UKIP comments / affiliations should be ignored because it was said over 10 years ago. Lies, Reges team better hope and pray that ish does not get out to the general public because if it does, she is toast. People don't care when a racist remark was made, they will still drag her hard by her last hair follicles. Lol
I agree. I know someone compared it to ignoring someone's background in theft if it was a long time ago. I find that analogy ridiculous. A victim of theft and a victim of racism are not the same and don't affect you the same way. Theft does not add to your struggle to simply exist and do your own thing in public spaces.

CecilX

the universe in ecstatic motion
Reaction score
Reactions
19,877 398 10
Alleybux
Kind of Out of topic but in the light of our recent discussion I find this interesting
As a fan of this person, I am so disappointed.

CecilX

Reaction score
Reactions
19,877 398 10
Alleybux
Isn't it Madonna? Idk I'm not really into her much
LOL. I am cackling. I enjoy some of Madonnas songs but wouldn’t call myself a fan. LOL.

It’s not Madonna, the photos typically give you a clue. This is Ms. T@yl0r Sw1ft. They recently found her old MySpace with messages such as “Republicans do it better” and such. I should’ve guessed there would be more to it than that.

teenimeeni

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,094 344 11
Alleybux
LOL. I am cackling. I enjoy some of Madonnas songs but wouldn’t call myself a fan. LOL.

It’s not Madonna, the photos typically give you a clue. This is Ms. T@yl0r Sw1ft. They recently found her old MySpace with messages such as “Republicans do it better” and such. I should’ve guessed there would be more to it than that.
lol thanks for clarifying! clearly I am not into celebs much, why did they use Madonna's pic though?

CecilX

Reaction score
Reactions
19,877 398 10
Alleybux
lol thanks for clarifying! clearly I am not into celebs much, why did they use Madonna's pic though?
It’s a blind. They drop Easter eggs throughout the write-up to help you guess. I typically have better luck guessing with the words. I could never find the connection with the photos alone. LOL.

Live Rose

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
515 9 2
Alleybux
"tongue-in-cheek" , how?
I wonder if the "tongue in cheek" phrase is used to suggest that the UKIP thing was meant to be a joke. I looked up the phrase since I'm not familiar with and it says it means joke. What do you think?

Polly1234

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,530 287 2
Alleybux
I wonder if the "tongue in cheek" phrase is used to suggest that the UKIP thing was meant to be a joke. I looked up the phrase since I'm not familiar with and it says it means joke. What do you think?
Do you really joke with that kind of affiliation?? I would not

Inmate

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
25,193 310 14
Alleybux
Yeah, but doesn't it ring weird? Why would you joke about voting for UKIP (very specific) on a blind date? How deprived of funny topics can you be that you have to risk it with a topic that is known to be considered insensitive to large groups of people?

Inmate

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
25,193 310 14
Alleybux

teenimeeni

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,094 344 11
Alleybux
Does this suggest the ex was a childhood sweetheart? I'm confused by the statement.
Wow Chikri, you good!!

this is what stood out to me:

Have you made connections with other fans since you’ve been going to games?

‘I’ve made friends and, because I’m a freelancer, even potential business connections.”

So Rege angle seems to be potential career and connection move? She does understand that connecting with a “local” celebrity like Jack is good for her career. Ofcoz tv/film celebrity would be even better. Also might explain her presence at his work.

Inmate

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
25,193 310 14
Alleybux
Wow Chikri, you good!!

‘I’ve made friends and, because I’m a freelancer, even potential business connections.”

So Rege angle seems to be potential career and connection move? She does understand that connecting with a “local” celebrity like Jack is good for her career. Ofcoz film celebrity would be even better. Also might explain her presence at his work.
That's what stood out to you? I was drawn to "first ever pair of football boots and playing casual football.". The media calls her a football player like she's a pro. :bulgyeyes
Also, still perched atop ex's shoulders as of march 2018. Don't know how that could have been a childhood dream, but you didn't even try to answer that part. ;)

ETA: Your observations are definitely more relevant than mine.

teenimeeni

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,094 344 11
Alleybux
That's what stood out to you? I was drawn to "first ever pair of football boots and playing casual football.". The media calls her a football player like she's a pro. :bulgyeyes
Also, still perched atop ex's shoulders as of march 2018. Don't know how that could have been a childhood dream, but you didn't even try to answer that part. ;)

Haha I mean it was clear she is not a pro football player. If she were, she would not be hidden lol

ETA: I don’t even wanna comment on the shoulder thingie. In my books sounds so wannabe-ish. But that’s just me and my limited world view.

justawonder

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
52 1
Alleybux
Don't know. I can't answer for someone else.

Can't share publicly, and attachments in private are disabled. Maybe we should start our own private group at some point. LOL! Private message has become very difficult.
I second this!!!

SueWas1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,879 504 2
Alleybux
Wow Chikri, you good!!

So Rege angle seems to be potential career and connection move? She does understand that connecting with a “local” celebrity like Jack is good for her career. Ofcoz tv/film celebrity would be even better. Also might explain her presence at his work.
Does it sound to you that is is bot a “footballer” herself like articles portray her as? Seems like she is a fan only. On her blog she had said she was taking up running I think to exercise, but wasn’t any good at it. Yikes soccer(football) around me is hardcore running and training.

justawonder

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
52 1
Alleybux
Haha I mean it was clear she is not a pro football player. If she were, she would not be hidden lol

ETA: I don’t even wanna comment on the shoulder thingie. In my books sounds so wannabe-ish. But that’s just me and my limited world view.
Definitely not a pro footballer.

justawonder

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
52 1
Alleybux

The shoulder comment threw me off too. Like what? Comparing it to a childhood dream?

Side note: she seems to get herself in quite a few articles

MJett

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,108 58 11
Alleybux
Does this suggest the ex was a childhood sweetheart? I'm confused by the statement.
What’s your favourite Dulwich Hamlet memory?

‘I was stood next to a little girl who came with her dad. She was asking him questions like “Why’s he holding up a yellow card?” It was like watching myself years ago. When I first came to watch Dulwich Hamlet I remember thinking: This better be worth it – and it was. Sitting on my boyfriend Jack’s shoulders after Dulwich won a game was a childhood dream come true.’
======

I can't tell either. The comment is sorta all all over the map. On one hand, the little girl was like reliving her own childhood, but then she connects that to being on the BF's shoulder as an adult? I'm confused by the comment as well lol

SoMarie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,796 514 11
Alleybux
While I am disappointed like everyone else with what I've seen so far, I would not go as far as assuming there is worse damning stuff without seeing it for myself. Until then, I will only comment on what I've seen so far.
I was able to find some additional posts from the old blog (in addition to what was shared here) and I do see posts supporting diversity. In fact, the UKIP date was also posted on the blog and referred to as tongue-in-cheek date experience. I'm not saying this makes the UKIP post less problematic, but I prefer to reserve my judgement on things I have not seen.
I don't know the details of the blog reposting the UKIP stuff, but IMHO, calling that "tongue in cheek" say something to me about how privilege allows you play with hatful ideologies then say 'JK; and excuse yourself. You are either going to disavow it or not. Making light of it says you are OK with it and don't understand how damaging that viewpoint is. And that you presume forgiveness.

BigScorpJo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
983 7 3
Alleybux

And definitely more relevant than mine because.....I just won’t say, lol.

artsylady

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
482 6 4
Alleybux
I don't know the details of the blog reposting the UKIP stuff, but IMHO, calling that "tongue in cheek" say something to me about how privilege allows you play with hatful ideologies then say 'JK; and excuse yourself. You are either going to disavow it or not. Making light of it says you are OK with it and don't understand how damaging that viewpoint is. And that you presume forgiveness.
Exactly! There is nothing funny about Right Wing policies. Like i've said before, real people suffer as a result of these policies. These hateful ideologies destroy people's lives.

I'm sure people here who live in the UK know about the Windrush Generation. For people in America, this is a scandal that broke out in Britain regarding the treatment of migrant workers. Basically, after the world war ended, the British Government brought thousands of workers from countries like India, Jamaica and other Caribbean Countries. These workers held different occupations in the UK and helped to build the British economy that was struggling after World War 2. Guess what, decades later, the British Government started threatening and actually deported the descendants of those people. Why? Surely you know they wouldn't treat those people that way if they came from Sweden. Why do you bring in people to build your country and conveniently deport them when your country is prospering. Isn't that using them? These anti-immigration policies were championed by members of UKIP. Absolutely nothing funny bringing up that party and that's probably why her date recoiled in disgust at her admission.

Like i've said earlier, if the African Americans from the Civil rights era espoused right wing policies, we wouldn't have black people from all over the world immigrating to this country. I wouldn't be here, Rege wouldn't work here, Lupita Nyongo wouldn't be here, the list goes on.

Last edited:

IAmHisWorld

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,464 92 39
Alleybux
Exactly! There is nothing funny about Right Wing policies. Like i've said before, real people suffer as a result of these policies. These hateful ideologies destroy people's lives.

I'm sure people here who live in the UK know about the Windrush Generation. For people in America, this is a scandal that broke out in Britain regarding the treatment of migrant workers. Basically, after the world war ended, the British Government brought thousands of workers from countries like India, Jamaica and other Caribbean Countries. These workers held different occupations in the UK and helped to build the British economy that was struggling after World War 2. Guess what, the British Government was threatening and actually deported the descendants of those people. Why? Surely you know they wouldn't treat those people that way if they came from Sweden. Why do you bring in people to build your country and conveniently deport them when your country is prospering. Isn't that using them? These anti-immigration policies were championed by members of UKIP. Absolutely nothing funny bringing up that party and that's probably why her date recoiled in disgust at her admission.
Her blind date has higher standards than Rege apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.