Quantcast

Rege Jean Page Appreciation Thread(Positive Vibes only)

GeekGoddess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 11 4
Alleybux
FB_IMG_1620486957316.jpg

GeekGoddess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 11 4
Alleybux
. Mr Leonard Knox,Damn

A native New Yorker friend of mine is impressed by Regé's NYC accent (Brooklyn/Manhattan) in FTP. Even saying it's amazing since she speaks pretty much with the same accent! And he does well with the slang, too.

That’s why Shonda didn’t know he was a Brit 'cause he stayed with his character off set, too. Always speaking with a NY accent!

It’s a huge draw to be able to work accents = more and better opportunities.

Girlbyou

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,324 27 73
Alleybux
So how do you all feel about CVD departure after season two? I‘m happy he’s leaving, he’s been trying to shove JB down our throats and maybe the reason why Simon and Daphn’s story didn’t continue for season two. We want Rege/Simon and Daphne! Not the Bridgerton brothers! :LOL:

MysteryG

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,091 14 19
Alleybux
So how do you all feel about CVD departure after season two? I‘m happy he’s leaving, he’s been trying to shove JB down our throats and maybe the reason why Simon and Daphn’s story didn’t continue for season two. We want Rege/Simon and Daphne! Not the Bridgerton brothers! :LOL:
Girl,I wasnt expecting that ,People want the duke and I spin off and so i donno whats happening at Shondaland,Hope everything is Ok,i gues time will tell,coz if that was Chris’s baby like he said in his interviews,why is he leaving after 2 seasons?I kinda feel like Bridgerton is dead after Rege left,He definitely took the magic with him when he left but we shall see how everything plays out,when it comes out,

zinta34

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,738 153 143
Alleybux
Girl,I wasnt expecting that ,People want the duke and I spin off and so i donno whats happening at Shondaland,Hope everything is Ok,i gues time will tell,coz if that was Chris’s baby like he said in his interviews,why is he leaving after 2 seasons?I kinda feel like Bridgerton is dead after Rege left,He definitely took the magic with him when he left but we shall see how everything plays out,when it comes out,
They “killed” the goose that lay their golden 83 million eggs. Hollywood industry poobahs have been aghast at how Shondaland could let go of Regé just like that, all in the interest of THE BOOKS. Shonda now doing a spin-off about Queen Charlotte (who was not in the books), Ladies Violet and Danbury, means they ARE capable of departing from THE BOOKS! And Shonda herself taking charge of the writing for this spin-off seems an admission that a shake-up was long due.

The failure of S2 to make any buzz whatsoever, despite the frantic promo efforts is the likely reason CVD is leaving. This WAS his baby. He stated repeatedly in his interviews that he LOVED the books and wanted to bring all 8 to screen. Shonda chose Regé to headline Season 1, and approved of Phoebe to partner him. They both more than delivered and made S1 a blockbuster. Jonathan Bailey is CVD’s choice and yet audiences and big wigs alike keep pining for Regé. That right there, is the problem, in a nutshell..

Plus the denial of the permit to build the semi-permanent set must have torn CVD up.

GeekGoddess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 11 4
Alleybux
This is interesting...CVD has a pic of the fam on his display shelf during the Deadline Contenders panel this morning

GeekGoddess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 11 4
Alleybux

MysteryG

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,091 14 19
Alleybux
It's live this year...And the Fiji trip he can bring three guests.
3 guests,Rege,its you Me and E on that trip FAM,But on a serious note,It would be great if he went,hes been through a lot in just 5 months,the brother needs a vacation ,If he wasnt in Ireland hed probably show up,ceremony will in LA right?

MyBuSyD25

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,907 319 309
Alleybux
3 guests,Rege,its you Me and E on that trip FAM,But on a serious note,It would be great if he went,hes been through a lot in just 5 months,the brother needs a vacation ,If he wasnt in Ireland hed probably show up,ceremony will in LA right?
What about me?

Chikiliki

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,354 6 5
Alleybux
Lol @the 3 of you:LOL::LOL::LOL:

zinta34

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,738 153 143
Alleybux
Any thoughts on whether Regé’ll show up on zoom screen tonight at the MTV awards?

GeekGoddess

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,926 11 4
Alleybux
Any thoughts on whether Regé’ll show up on zoom screen tonight at the MTV awards?
I have a good feeling, yes to accept the awards. Could be a pre-recorded acceptance speech. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In terms of the predictions for MTV --- Best Kiss and Breakthrough for Bridgerton. Best Show for Wandavision.

I don't know how strong WV's fanbase though in voting.

Last edited:

zinta34

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,738 153 143
Alleybux
I have a good feeling, yes to accept the awards. Could be a pre-recorded acceptance speech. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In terms of the predictions for MTV --- Best Kiss and Breakthrough for Bridgerton. Best Show for Wandavision.

I don't know how strong WV's fanbase though in voting.
Yeah good prediction. I saw somewhere that Wandavision viewership is bigger than Bridgerton’s so perhaps there’s an avid fan base out there just as Bridgerton fans are.

zinta34

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,738 153 143
Alleybux
Off topic: what are these alleybux that fluctuate like a yo-yo?

zinta34

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,738 153 143
Alleybux
Alley bux are used to buy stuff from the alleymart,havent really explored it myself,All i know is people have stolen from me and other people,coz a notification will pop up if someone successfully steals ur alley bux,U cant even see who it is,I honestly donno much about how they do it and why:ROFLMAO: but generally i think they increase when you post or get good reactions,i donno
Thanks.