MOGUL93

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,757 43,865 2,151
Alleybux
GettyImages-1293638283-e1609690122963.jpg

Getty Images
It’s looking like the Cam Newton experiment in New England will be one and done.

Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reported on Sunday NFL Countdown that the Patriots and the 2015 NFL MVP are expected to part ways this offseason.

Newton will become a free agent, and he’ll be available to go wherever he wants to go. He was in the same boat a year ago, but he got to market late when the Panthers delayed releasing him until after exploring all trade options. The health issue also caused teams to be leery, combined with the inability of teams to fully and completely evaluate his foot, his ankle, and his shoulder.

This year, he gets a straight shot at the open market — but there are real questions about his current skills and abilities. He has five touchdown passes this season. During his MVP campaign, he threw for five touchdown passes in three different games.

For the Patriots, it means finding another starting quarterback. Whether that’s Jarrett Stidham or a veteran or a rookie remains to be seen.

Newton will exit with $3.7 million for one season of work. It’s far from market value, but it was the best deal he could find last year. This time around, he’ll have a better chance to get a much better deal.

Report: Patriots, Cam Newton are expected to part ways - ProFootballTalk

Yeezytaughtme

dreamerwashere.
Reaction score
Reactions
21,658 196 63
Alleybux
I was thinking about this earlier, if he would still be with them next season. So not really surprised to hear this.

TheSophisticate

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
151,823 1,065 462
Alleybux
He needs the right system to accommodate his unparalleled mobility.

Hate to see someone with his special kind of talent goin out sad like this...

THE STANDARD

GTFO!
Reaction score
Reactions
263,491 7,022 6,890
Alleybux
Damn, WHAT HAPPENED to Cam. Its like since his one superbowl shot, sh!t wasn't the same for him.
Ain’t nothing good coming his way. He deserves all the sh!t he getting. Hope his trans looking mistress\babymomm got a side job.. Cam’s career is almost over.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,190 14,040 2,546
Alleybux
He needs the right system to accommodate his unparalleled mobility.

Hate to see someone with his special kind of talent goin out sad like this...

I don't even think its that tbh its the injuries he had that caught up with him. He's also on the wrong side of 30 sure Brady is playing at 43 and while I'm suspect at how he's lasted this long he's also a pocket passer who doesn't have Cam's injury history.

mdhlife

I have spoken ...
Reaction score
Reactions
36,708 2,150 1,090
Alleybux
Guy is talented but has a lot of issues
his big ego is his downfall.
It does not matter how strong he used to be, those hits have messed him up. spare me the superman act
The refs did not help either.
Ray Lewis once said that Cam does not get "Roughing the passer" calls because he is strong . some BS
Veggie diet is not helping him either
He was set up to fail in NE.
Brady left because he knew the team was going to suck royal ass

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,911 21,183 21,877
Alleybux
Guy is talented but has a lot of issues
his big ego is his downfall.
It does not matter how strong he used to be, those hits have messed him up. spare me the superman act
The refs did not help either.
Ray Lewis once said that Cam does not get "Roughing the passer" calls because he is strong . some BS
Veggie diet is not helping him either
He was set up to fail in NE.
Brady left because he knew the team was going to suck royal ass

Yes, Brady left because he didn't have a complete team around him and Bellechick had been pushing him out the door for years. But I don't think Cam was set up to fail in New England. It's not like Cam had a plethora of options before he signed with the Patriots. They were pretty much his last hope. And there was just no way he was going to live up to Brady who is the GOAT of quarterbacks.

AlexisHurts

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,288 1,414 56
Alleybux
I knew this would be his last season with them based on Belechik’s post game interview a few months ago. His energy towards Cam was very off putting yet telling.

Lucious Lioness

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,346 496 326
Alleybux
I knew after they lost that ATL game in 2015 that he would not win the SB and would never be great. He lost what focus he ever had that season and all of the noise in his life took over. Between his ego, fashion, womanizing, and baby making, football took a back seat. He needed to change how he played the game to be successful for the long term and he never did. The Patriots were his last shot to get mentally organized and he just couldn't do it. I hope he invested well.

MelodyM233

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,358 120 24
Alleybux
Hope a good team pick him up because he is still talented and given the right opportunity he will deliver.

Blue Lotus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,879 672 256
Alleybux
Well 5 years for a football player seems like the norm for this sport i hope he saved his money.

SinCndomPapi

Dominican Papi, Portofino Papi, Pacífico Papi
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
174,018 14,698 19,660
Alleybux
This clown ain’t never been humble. Probably the worst quarterback you could have leading your team.

lol gloating after every first down run while down in the game.

this dude is mental and his fans are mental

Lol Patriots the worst place for him. He can’t throw. His mechanics have always been SUS and his accuracy non existent. He had one decent year but he’s a career 57 percent guy.

In Carolina he could get away with throwing the ball ten yards over a receivers head multiple times throughout a game. He won’t have that luxury in NE

upload_2021-1-3_17-54-8.png
Posted this is July lol and right on cue.

Anyone who thinks this clown ass dude is talented or ever was good never watched the game.

Even in his Super Bowl fluke year he never completed better than 60 percent of his passes.

60 percent! Is like the benchmark for a trash QB and that’s exactly where he is for his career which has really only been inflated by this year and his 2018 season.

both seasons incredibly low passing attempts.

TLDR: he can’t throw. Never could. His mechanics are trash and he’s only completed more than 60 percent in 4 out of his 9 years in the league lol

ShandraF

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,348 6,713 1,285
Alleybux
Ain’t nothing good coming his way. He deserves all the sh!t he getting. Hope his trans looking mistress\babymomm got a side job.. Cam’s career is almost over.
Yeah. Whenever I hear about this I think about how people in Charlotte said he was a huge jerk. Talented guy though.

mdhlife

I have spoken ...
Reaction score
Reactions
36,708 2,150 1,090
Alleybux
Yes, Brady left because he didn't have a complete team around him and Bellechick had been pushing him out the door for years. But I don't think Cam was set up to fail in New England. It's not like Cam had a plethora of options before he signed with the Patriots. They were pretty much his last hope. And there was just no way he was going to live up to Brady who is the GOAT of quarterbacks.
he did not have to accept the job with the current staff
Brady is a system QB. He did not win those SBs on his own
Let's not forget about the cheating scandals
Brady is not that impressive in TB even though they have given him all kind of talented offensive players
Brady also managed to get TB to sign Antonio Brown
I don't care how talented Antonio Brown is,
he is not a team player
Those white QBs always get good receivers, OLines and TEs
Baker Mayfield is another white QB getting his way in Cleveland. 2 coaches already . he also got Odell Beckham

PS: I still can't believe Patriots defeated the Eagles by the score of 24–21 in Super Bowl XXXIX.

Andy Reid did not use Terrell Owens efficiently
McNabb could not also believe how easy Patriots D understood Eagles play call

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,911 21,183 21,877
Alleybux
Brady is not that impressive in TB even though they have given him all kind of talented offensive players
he is not a team player

PS: I still can't believe Patriots defeated the Eagles by the score of 24–21 in Super Bowl XXXIX.

No QB wins a Super Bowl on their own. But the fact that Brady is still thriving in Tampa Bay shows that he wasn't just a system quarterback who was successful under Bellechick. As far as the cheating scandals, explain how Brady cheated himself to nine Super Bowl appearances and six wins. You sound like a hater who doesn't want to give credit where credit is due. Brady is the GOAT of quarterbacks point blank period.

DZA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,028 933 445
Alleybux
Never really cared for Cam as my QB but I hope he's been seeking other pathways. Many Panthers fans thought NE was going to be IT for him (as in the right team) and I have no idea why.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not much of a basketball fan but I've always equated Cam as the NFL's Derrick Rose the way he's hyped yet constantly getting injured.

RubyWooWho

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
114,385 1,827 113
Alleybux
He needs to work!
Ron Rivera might be able to talk him into accepting a back up role there. Washington will draft a QB, but they also desperately need depth and that's where Cam will come in. Rivera might be able to talk them into giving him a little more than the $1M the Pats gave him this year. It's up to Cam if he puts his pride to the side accepts the role.

Colts Fan

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
172,190 14,040 2,546
Alleybux
No QB wins a Super Bowl on their own. But the fact that Brady is still thriving in Tampa Bay shows that he wasn't just a system quarterback who was successful under Bellechick. As far as the cheating scandals, explain how Brady cheated himself to nine Super Bowl appearances and six wins. You sound like a hater who doesn't want to give credit where credit is due. Brady is the GOAT of quarterbacks point blank period.

Brady chose a good situation but I agree he's more than Belichick of course if he doesn't win the SB without him that doesn't mean much either.

I do agree they should've used T.O. more and if you believe T.O. McNabb was hungover(hence him vomiting during the SB) during the game which would explain a lot. I don't know who their backup was at the time but he might've been better.

Strangely Reid seems to have learned from past mistakes or at the very least has a QB that he trusts a lot more(Mahomes).

SmoothAlpha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
129,105 8,468 10,975
Alleybux
he is not a team player
Baker Mayfield is another white QB getting his way in Cleveland. 2 coaches already . he also got Odell Beckham

This aged terribly