Quantcast

Reporter Tries to Get Biden to Fire Black UN Ambassador for Speech About Slavery and White Supremacy

CarmenBella

Wu Tang is for the Children
Reaction score
Reactions
110,173 10,712 16,963
Alleybux

Reporter Tries to Get Biden to Fire Black UN Ambassador for Speech About Slavery and White Supremacy

By Tommy Christopher

Apr 16th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Screenshot (1).png

User Clip: Newsmax Reporter Tries to Get Biden to Fire Black UN Ambassador for Speech About Slavery and White Supremacy

Newsmax reporter Emerald Robinson agitated for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield over a speech that included a line about slavery and white supremacy at our nation’s founding.

At Friday’s daily briefing, Robinson paraphrased a line from Thomas-Greenfield’s recent speech to the National Action Network, in which the ambassador said “I have seen for myself how the original sin of slavery weaved white supremacy into our founding documents and principles.”

She then asked White House Press Secretary Jen PsakiThe statement is getting wildly criticized as essentially parroting Chinese Communist party talking points, so is the president going to remove her from her position as the representative before that body to promote United States values?”

With deliberate cadence, Psaki rhetorically asked “Is the president going to remove an African American woman with decades of experience in the foreign service, who is widely respected around the world, from her position as ambassador to the UN?” and added “He is not.”

Psaki went on to say that President Joe Biden “is proud to have her in that position, she is not only qualified, he believes she is exactly the right person in that role at this moment in time.”

I have not seen her comments. I will say that there’s no question that there has been a history of institutional racism in this country, and that doesn’t require the UN ambassador to confirm that,” Psaki said.

So that’s essentially the same lecture, though, that the Chinese delegation gave Secretary Blinken in Alaska last month, so does the president think our founding documents are racist?” Robinson asked.

I would say that I will leave my comments to speak for themselves, and certainly I think most people recognize the history of systemic racism in our country, and she was speaking to that,” Psaki said.

Robinson is incorrect about the Chinese delegation. Ambassador Thomas-Greenfield delivered a similar line during a speech to the U.N. General Assembly in March, in which she said that slavery “weaved white supremacy and black inferiority into our founding documents and principles,”

It was a Chinese diplomat who referenced Thomas-Greenfield when they responded to U.S. human rights condemnations by saying that she “in an exceptional case, admitted to her country’s ignoble human rights record, but that does not give the country license to get on the high horse and tell other countries what to do.

Last edited:

SnipYoFlap

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,113 1,803 1,187
Alleybux
There was no need to fire someone who spoke the truth. of course those documents can be seen as racist.

Hell the air i breathe is racist! lol

LBLogan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,500 688 213
Alleybux
Doesn't matter.

Why is she saying stuff that's gonna get white folks mad? She needs to be more humble.
Some White people. Others cosign her statement.

The days of valuing delusional White feelings over the truth have passed.

CarmenBella

Wu Tang is for the Children
Reaction score
Reactions
110,173 10,712 16,963
Alleybux
Doesn't matter.

Why is she saying stuff that's gonna get white folks mad? She needs to be more humble.

"Why is she saying stuff that's gonna get white folks mad?"

I know that you are not black american or Caribbean.
We are not afraid of white people.

KrolbCA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,151 2,086 2,553
Alleybux
Obama/Biden administration did it to Shirley Shirrod. It’s not far fetched that it would happen again if the heat gets too hot for Biden.

T H I E F S

A Person
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
124,410 8,683 13,079
Alleybux
"Why is she saying stuff that's gonna get white folks mad?"

I know that you are not black american or Caribbean.
We are not afraid of white people.

Actually, you are.

Black Americans might be the most fearful of white people and most longing for the love and validation of white people on earth.

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,426 4,681 3,450
Alleybux
If you can’t figure that out I don’t need
to say. I can’t be the representative of NFL players and speak against them.
The NFL is a sports league and for profit. It is not a national government. Weak attempt at a comparison.
Moreover, we are not responsible to perpetuate you all's lies and deceit to the world especially because we have been the victims of said lies and deceit for centuries. Do your own dirty work.

jwill

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,140 4,899 1,287
Alleybux
What does China have to do with anything?

These KKK members love to insight and gaslight. Stay mad Becky, the illustrious UN ambassador said what she said.

Pray Tell

B*tch, Spell Evangelista!
Reaction score
Reactions
63,304 2,139 2,404
Alleybux
Our founding documents were written by slave owners and said black people were only three-fifth a person. So, how could the documents not be racist? The truth is the truth, whether white people and their lackies like it or not.

hankertron

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,587 9,062 25,717
Alleybux
The NFL is a sports league and for profit. It is not a national government. Weak attempt at a comparison.
Moreover, we are not responsible to perpetuate you all's lies and deceit to the world especially because we have been the victims of said lies and deceit for centuries. Do your own dirty work.
You have no understanding what you are talking about. Go look up the word ambassador. Do women have any understanding? You can’t say you were toxic from the beginning which means you are not valid and represent good will because you said it was established by bad will.

hillbabe

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
12,559 305 251
Alleybux
She didn’t say anything wrong and actually other people in the us foreign policy community have been asking for the country to acknowledge its problems with this very issue. The us gets side eyed on the un stage when they bring up atrocities in other countries but don’t think police killing young black boys and caging kids at their border is a problem...

LBLogan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,500 688 213
Alleybux
You can’t represent the country and talk against the country as an Ambassador. You have disqualified yourself.
Sure she can as evidenced by the fact that she did.

Others who represent the country have done so going all the way back to President Abraham Lincoln who had much stronger criticisms against American slavery.

See, it's about perspective. Those with an emotional response to her words will say she's talking against the country. Those with a more balanced and nuanced perspective know she is simply stating facts. Doesn't happen often enough, but our foreign relationships are enhanced by transparency, truth and accountability.

hankertron

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,587 9,062 25,717
Alleybux
Sure she can as evidenced by the fact that she did.

Others who represent the country have done so going all the way back to President Abraham Lincoln who had much stronger criticisms against American slavery.

See, it's about perspective. Those with an emotional response to her words will say she's talking against the country. Those with a more balanced and nuanced perspective know she is simply stating facts. Doesn't happen often enough, but our foreign relationships are enhanced by transparency, truth and accountability.
You make a valid point but the World only sees weakness and opportunity that’s why you see what’s going on at the Russian Border and what China is now saying about America. You don’t advance your cause by proclaiming weakness to societies that are not fair to begin with.