Restaurant fired employee for being Pagan: “Your hours are being cut until you find God"

Yo mama
Reactions
205,152 12,302 4,470
Alleybux
While Tammy McCoy was outside taking a break, according to the complaint, assistant general manager Kerri Ann Show said she was Christian and then asked McCoy, “what religion are you?” McCoy, who was surprised by the question but answered because Show was her supervisor, responded, “I’m Pagan,” the lawsuit said.

“Show made a face and immediately said, ‘You’re going to hell,’ ” the lawsuit said. The general manager, Lori Dubs, who was standing nearby, “vigorously nodded her head in agreement, her facial expression indicating that she was upset with the plaintiff’s disclosure,” the lawsuit said.

A few days later, McCoy asked Show when the work schedule would be posted. Show answered, “Your hours are being cut until you find God,” the lawsuit said.

According to the lawsuit, McCoy was later told she was going to hell. Reportedly, after she called the corporate human resources office, she and her husband, who worked at the same store, were both fired.

Reactions
18,807 260 87
Alleybux
I'll never understand people who pry others for personal information and act personally attacked when they don't like the answer. I get the same shit at work.

Everything that you can imagine is real...
Reactions
38,208 295 79
Alleybux
They need to educate their ignorant selves because paganism is also a form of religion.

I hope she sues them for discrimination since they want to play mad.

Everything that you can imagine is real...
Reactions
38,208 295 79
Alleybux
that woman shouldn't have asked that and she shouldn't have answered

People need to realize this "your co-workers are not your friends". Keep it professional, collect your cheques and go home.

If the topic isn't work related, you aren't obligated to entertain it. SMH

Reactions
54,169 789 740
Alleybux
That is an illegal question, and just as discriminatory. I am Christian, however others believes have no baring on whether they can do the job. Very sad.

Reactions
17,163 355 60
Alleybux
She 'bout to get a Panera check! Chile!
giphy.gif

Fishnets, Black panty hose.
Reactions
229,066 3,347 1,053
Alleybux
I’ve worked at a small business were everyone was super Christian and was just praying no one would ask me about religion. Everyday was like TD Jakes revival on steroids. I definitely think they would have fired me if the found out I wasn’t Christian. Luckily it was only an internship and I was out in 3 months with a reference.

AKA Petti LaBelle
Reactions
29,173 464 56
Alleybux
That has to be exhausting as hell to deal with someone like this. Fuck I look like telling my supe/manager something personal like that? This is plain discrimination at it's finest.

Reactions
59,604 84 56
Alleybux
Your place of employment doesn't have a right to ask what your religious beliefs are. Her mistake was disclosing that information but given how close-minded those people were, they may have assumed the worst and discriminated against her anyway. In any case, I hope gets a sizeable payout and those two shouldn't have jobs other than sweeping floors as they clearly are incompetent in managing others and understanding the legal boundaries of their authority.

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

The Pedro Pascal Appreciation, Tea and Thirst Thread
I hate cheeseburgers but for you Pedro... I’ll do what I have to do
President Cornpop Sure Likes To Get Handsy With Little Kids — VIDEO
What are these random sites y'all like to post with these fake stories?
  • Poll
Lori Harvey & Michael B Jordan kinda look alike.
I see it a little. Why do her baby hairs start at the back of her head?
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
Someone (Keesha) brought the choking up in Shanita’s live. Shanita’s daughter choked over her moms house, and Keesha was there while it happened...
New Interracial Vlogger Couple: Meet The Lovealls
She cannot like that apartment. She cannot like having to work 12 hour shift at the salon. I wonder why she hasn't thrown Travis under the bus yet.
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
This was trifling on 1000! And apparently it’s being used as cover. So it’s doubly trifling That they did this on Henry’s birthday. So the word...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
I think Poorsha has finally found her calling! Her fakeness and acting is on 10 today! She should move to LA and live with Durand and his other...
Did ALT Have an Alleged History of Sabotaging Other Black People in Fashion? Why is the Usually...
It's always interesting when someone is in the same orbit, same background but don't have the same friends or even talk to each other. The way...
Top Bottom