Quantcast

Rewatching BGC 3 and..

Forthetalk00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,145 1,962 752
Alleybux
I spent the entire day yesterday watching season 3, and I am having a hard time understanding why Amber M (Cookie) and Amber B were fan favorites.

The Ambers were typical dumb blondes trying to coast on white girl privilege. Luckily, this was filmed over 10 years ago. Things have changed. The Ambers would have been roasted for their constant micro aggression. Calling people ghetto, “not liking accents”, telling Kayla she was “just like her grandma”.

I just picked up so much racial undertones in a lot of what they said.

Amber B was the worst out of the two. She talked so much sh!t about Kayla, but kissed Kayla’s ass when she needed Kayla to defend her ie: the photoshoot and the reunion.

Cookie was more likable in other appereances outside of her season. Also, I thought it was weird that Cookie called out Tiffany’s brother for touching her, but she did put her head on his laps. I still think Tiffany’s brother was a creep. After Tiffany and Cookie talked about it outside, I didn’t understand why Cookie brought it up again at dinner. I think Amber was looking to have a moment, but it backfired on her.

Tiffany was unlikeable and annoying. I felt from the moment Kayla stepped out of the limo she was in completion mode with Kayla. Kayla was extra, but I felt that she only really had energy for Kayla. The only time she argued with anyone else in the house was when Cookie accused her brother of touching her. Even after that, she went back to being the stereotypical ***** figure. She even referred to herself as mama bear. Cringe.

Kayla talking about her complex surrounding colorism was ahead of its time. People were not openly discussing colorism on national tv around that time. I commend her for being honest. Hopefully, she is in a better place.

Whitney aka “Bawstiiiiiin” was the least likable to me. I think she was a major try hard. I read somewhere that she was on drugs so maybe that’s why. I feel like she also came for Kayla so hard in that limo situation because she was trying to come off as big and bad.

I think Ailea got toooooo much hate than she deserved. Granted, Ailea had some very annoying moments especially when she was doing too much. Ie: When she was going off on Cookie for talking about Kevin, when she was going off on Amber B and jumping on her bed. But Ailea was an instigator, she said that in the beginning. I don’t think Cookie deserved to get her ass beat that night in Mexico, but I think Cookie deserved to get her ass beat period because she talked too much sh!t. I would have had more respect for Ailea if she beat Cookie’s ass the night she spoke about Kevin. Either way, Ailea said she wasn’t going to apologize and I respect her standing her ground. Perez came for her too hard at the reunion. I couldn’t stand his ass. Plus Ailea was ahead of her time. Ailea found herself an old sponsor and did her thing on the side. Maybe she is a font in Jetset babes alley lol

Sarah was overall likable. The only time I felt she did too much was when she was mad at Amber for bringing a guy home. That was really childish.

Ashely lol was sooooooooo 2009. I just laughed seeing her. Not to be shady, but she really reminded me of so many girls from high school. I also liked her for the most part. I couldn’t stand her energy at the reunion for Kayla. I felt lowkey racial undertones in her aggression.

Kayla, did too much. Her tantrums were childish and annoying. I commend her for her honestly. She seems like a nice girl underneath it all. I hated how production edited her to be the problematic housemate, but if you peep, Kayla would say really nice things to the girls. Ie: when Ailea would talk about Kevin, Kayla would always provide reassurance. I also don’t think she truly wanted to fight Cookie and that’s why she didn’t do too much in the fight. Cookie took it and ran with it, she wanted the world to know she beat Kayla’s ass. In reality, I don’t think Kayla wanted to really fight her because from my understand they were friends.

Anyone else watch this season after 10+ years?

GREMLINtwin

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
87,786 7,449 9,982
Alleybux
From what I remember it was the wackest season due to the jumping, kaylas anger and tiffanys wackness. Kayla and tiff didnt get along idk. The taller amber was obsessed with mistreating other black girls. The shorter amber was your typical white thot, giving head in bathroom stalls. There was a lot of racism

EAZYDUZIT

Trevante’s Poetic Inspo
Reaction score
Reactions
68,134 572 207
Alleybux
Whew child I couldn't stand none of the try hard white heffas in this season. Ashley, Boston,Ailea all of them hoes were whack!

Miss Miranda K

Ian Richton's Lady
Reaction score
Reactions
4,473 70 28
Alleybux
It’s been many years since I watched this season. I find it interesting that Kayla said Whitney was more racist than Amber B, who was depicted as such a stereotypical racist blonde. No surprise that she’s from Shittsurg(Pittsburg), PA. In one of those Justin J C interviews, Cookie/Amber M said Tiffany’s brother took advantage of her when she was passed out. It’s interesting that, according to Cookie, they didn’t show Tiffany and the other girls laughing and egging things on while she’s clearly not sober. I get that this is BGC and nobody is obligated to look out for anyone, but the whole situation sounded unfortunate. Amber and Kayla were close apparently, so rewatching their fight is hilarious. They both sounded like they didn’t want to hurt each other but had it.
Ailea was perfect for the show to be honest; she was a precursor of what was to come in season 8-11/season 16. She shouldn’t have bragged about kicking Cookie, but she’d fit right in with girls from the later seasons.
LMAO Ashley is peak 2009 with her bangs, witchy hair, eyebrows, and vibe. She was actually pretty for the time, but I noticed she said it was essentially the blondes versus the “darker”/“dark” girls. I want to give her the benefit of doubt and say that she meant brunettes since not all of The Fab 5 were white, but it felt rather pointed.

PrettyLLiar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,897 261 109
Alleybux
I haven’t watched this season in years. And sorry no one deserves to get jumped. That was wack and weak people jump people.

Ailea was terrible and there’s no way I would ever defend her. Uhhh, she pissed me of that season.

Capricornus

ᴍᴇᴛᴀ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ
Reaction score
Reactions
42,678 4,023 5,144
Alleybux
The worst season out of 1-9 tbh. I blame the casting, Whitney, Tiffany, and Amber B didn't need to be there. Tiffany was a boring leader lbr, Whitney was insufferable, and Amber B was just gross.

Aliea got on my nerves and I was glad Perez checked her at the reunion, but I agree she was perfect casting and would have fit in with any other season. Her, Sarah, Cookie and Ashley were all entertaining, but the rest just ruined it. It was just a boring, depressing season.

The reunion was decent though.

Forthetalk00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,145 1,962 752
Alleybux
The worst season out of 1-9 tbh. I blame the casting, Whitney, Tiffany, and Amber B didn't need to be there. Tiffany was a boring leader lbr, Whitney was insufferable, and Amber B was just gross.

Aliea got on my nerves and I was glad Perez checked her at the reunion, but I agree she was perfect casting and would have fit in with any other season. Her, Sarah, Cookie and Ashley were all entertaining, but the rest just ruined it. It was just a boring, depressing season.

The reunion was decent though.
Whitney was an extreme weirdo. I didn’t understand why she was even picked. Yeah, I think Ailea was weak for jumping in Cookie and Whitney’s fight. I would have had more respect for her had she fought Cookie 1 on 1 earlier in the season.

Amber B was picked solely off of looks. We were still in the blonde hair blue eye era back in 2009. Amber was considered the “hot girl”. Looking back. Amber is extremely basic. If you plopped a brunette wig on her, she would drop down to below average. She was definitely jealous of Sarah and Ashely. Her taste in men were also crappy. She came for Ailea for dating older wealthier men, then added that she only dates men that are unemployed. I’m like girl, that’s not an accomplishment. That’s pathetic and sad.

Forthetalk00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,145 1,962 752
Alleybux
I haven’t watched this season in years. And sorry no one deserves to get jumped. That was wack and weak people jump people.

Ailea was terrible and there’s no way I would ever defend her. Uhhh, she pissed me of that season.

I think the jumping situation is why Ailea became unlikeable to me. Prior to that, I thought she was entertaining and funny.

Two other situations that annoyed me about Ailea is when she went off on Cookie for talking about Kevin. I’m like sis, calm tf down. All that ruckus for nothing. Then when she went off on Amber B for talking sh!t and was jumping on the bed. Had she just called them out like a normal person, she would have been perceived in a better light.

Ashley Banks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
192,161 2,380 160
Alleybux
Season 3 was one of the worst, IMO. I liked Kayla and Sarah the most. Ailea was cool until she kicked Amber when Whitney was fighting her. I couldn’t stand the Ambers, and I was indifferent to Tiffany.

I’m re-watching season one now. Seasons 1-2 were the best.

Where are you watching these old seasons?

I’m watching on the NBC app. They have all seasons available. :heart:

KrazyAngel

GATEKEEPER
Reaction score
Reactions
306,595 6,561 3,791
Alleybux
A lot of people didn’t like the Ambers until Amber M got jumped. That whole situation was gross. And the ganging up on the 2 harmless ditzy white girls was ridiculous. I remember getting way more racist vibes from Amber B (especially when more tea came out after the show and when she did Love Games). I think I’m indifferent to Amber M. I remember people were split after she accused Tiffany’s brother of being inappropriate but I always thought he was crazy for even touching her the way he did, and he should’ve kept his hands to himself.

I remember intensely hating Ailea, Whitney, and Ashley because they were wack b!tches, so by default I was team Ambers. Tiffany was fake more often than not too. For some reason, I think I had a soft spot for Kayla.

ManolosAndManicures

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,188 1,416 268
Alleybux
S3 sucked. Only Sarah and Ashley were tolerable.

I’ve said it over and over on here...I never got the Amber M love...

I want to like Kayla, but girl needs some intense therapy. Wonder what happened to her?

Sarah is on IG and is a mom, I think she’s married- not sure...Sarahttitta

Oh...and I’d bet my entire next paycheck if someone finds Amber B on social media, she’s out there supporting Donald Trump...

TanyasCrystals

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,808 452 131
Alleybux
I did a rewatch the past couple days and I have to say my opinions from when I first watched when it aired haven’t changed much.

Cookie was actually a fµck!n G for how she always stood up for herself. She really told Amber to pull the car over so she and Kayla could fight lmao. I can’t even imagine being a 5 ft tall white girl from Minnesota taking on a tall black girl from Compton. And then when the girls are all talking sh!t in the confessional and she purposely walks in on them, I was shocked. The other Amber would’ve hid in her room crying.

Speaking of Amber B, fµck her. I actually found her pretty funny but I lost all respect the moment Cookie was being jumped and she not only stood there and did nothing but she went home with the other girls instead of going with Cookie. “Amber, help me” was really sad to hear. And the b!tch was racist af.

Ailea was just as annoying as I remembered. Kevin actually seemed like a nice and good looking man for his age but there’s always something wrong with a 40 year old man going after a 21 year old. Ailea gloating about kicking someone while they’re on the ground was disgusting. Then when realizing Cookie would get to send her home, suddenly she was apologizing. I’m glad Cookie didn’t let her get away with it. Perez dogging her at the reunion was beautiful though. Even at the end as he was hugging everyone, Ailea came in and he pushed her off him going “ew no get away from me” lol

Whitney was bad too but less offensive than Ailea i guess. She actually could get funny sometimes and her brief friendship with Kayla was cute. She was clearly very homophobic but Kayla did go too far with jokingly touching her and saying she wanted to fµck her 16 year old brother. I guess Whitney died recently? Does anyone know how? RIP

Sarah was pathetic to watch with how insecure she was. But I do like how candid she was about it, admitting that she’s the hot girl in Wisconsin but in LA she’s just average. And admitting how insecure she felt about Amber B bringing guys home while no one was into her. The girls in newer seasons would’ve played that all off with “b!tch I don’t care! I don’t care!”

Tiffany I respected the fact that she told the other girls off after they jumped Cookie. I liked that for once somebody was going by their own moral code instead of following the crowd. But I didn’t like the way she would treat Kayla and was only the big strong black girl when she wasn’t around.

Ashley was just another non factor follower but she looked really good at the reunion especially when she got rid of those horrible drawn on eyebrows. I think she was the prettiest this season.

Kayla was exhausting but I understood where she was coming from and that she had a lot of deep rooted issues that the others would never understand. When she wasn’t a mess, she was so funny and so much fun. And when she said the first thing she did when she got home was smoke a blunt lmao

This season still sucks and Cookie and Kayla are still the only girls I liked in the end.

Slim Reaper

Make sure you leave a sexy corpse
Reaction score
Reactions
24,013 674 20
Alleybux
I did a rewatch the past couple days and I have to say my opinions from when I first watched when it aired haven’t changed much.

Cookie was actually a fµck!n G for how she always stood up for herself. She really told Amber to pull the car over so she and Kayla could fight lmao. I can’t even imagine being a 5 ft tall white girl from Minnesota taking on a tall black girl from Compton. And then when the girls are all talking sh!t in the confessional and she purposely walks in on them, I was shocked. The other Amber would’ve hid in her room crying.

Speaking of Amber B, fµck her. I actually found her pretty funny but I lost all respect the moment Cookie was being jumped and she not only stood there and did nothing but she went home with the other girls instead of going with Cookie. “Amber, help me” was really sad to hear. And the b!tch was racist af.

Ailea was just as annoying as I remembered. Kevin actually seemed like a nice and good looking man for his age but there’s always something wrong with a 40 year old man going after a 21 year old. Ailea gloating about kicking someone while they’re on the ground was disgusting. Then when realizing Cookie would get to send her home, suddenly she was apologizing. I’m glad Cookie didn’t let her get away with it. Perez dogging her at the reunion was beautiful though. Even at the end as he was hugging everyone, Ailea came in and he pushed her off him going “ew no get away from me” lol

Whitney was bad too but less offensive than Ailea i guess. She actually could get funny sometimes and her brief friendship with Kayla was cute. She was clearly very homophobic but Kayla did go too far with jokingly touching her and saying she wanted to fµck her 16 year old brother. I guess Whitney died recently? Does anyone know how? RIP

Sarah was pathetic to watch with how insecure she was. But I do like how candid she was about it, admitting that she’s the hot girl in Wisconsin but in LA she’s just average. And admitting how insecure she felt about Amber B bringing guys home while no one was into her. The girls in newer seasons would’ve played that all off with “b!tch I don’t care! I don’t care!”

Tiffany I respected the fact that she told the other girls off after they jumped Cookie. I liked that for once somebody was going by their own moral code instead of following the crowd. But I didn’t like the way she would treat Kayla and was only the big strong black girl when she wasn’t around.

Ashley was just another non factor follower but she looked really good at the reunion especially when she got rid of those horrible drawn on eyebrows. I think she was the prettiest this season.

Kayla was exhausting but I understood where she was coming from and that she had a lot of deep rooted issues that the others would never understand. When she wasn’t a mess, she was so funny and so much fun. And when she said the first thing she did when she got home was smoke a blunt lmao

This season still sucks and Cookie and Kayla are still the only girls I liked in the end.
Yes , fµck Amber B. How she just stood there watching that happened to Cookie and then afterward she had so much to say about it in her confessional but didn’t say a word to the girls. Punk ass. Even when Cookie left upset at that dinner she stayed at the table looking stupid. Your friend just got beat up and you let her walk off in the dark in Mexico by herself?

When I first watched this when I was younger I remember thinking Whitney was overreacting about the Kayla thing. I don’t think I caught that her brother was only 16. I remember thinking he was older than Whitney. Kayla was gross for that. If the genders were swapped that would not be acceptable. Whitney died from an overdose of prescription pills and alcohol.

TanyasCrystals

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,808 452 131
Alleybux
Yes , fµck Amber B. How she just stood there watching that happened to Cookie and then afterward she had so much to say about it in her confessional but didn’t say a word to the girls. Punk ass. Even when Cookie left upset at that dinner she stayed at the table looking stupid. Your friend just got beat up and you let her walk off in the dark in Mexico by herself?

When I first watched this when I was younger I remember thinking Whitney was overreacting about the Kayla thing. I don’t think I caught that her brother was only 16. I remember thinking he was older than Whitney. Kayla was gross for that. If the genders were swapped that would not be acceptable. Whitney died from an overdose of prescription pills and alcohol.
Amber B was just as bad as Shannon when it came to thuggin in the confessional. She said the worst sh!t, smiled in everyone’s face, and then let Cookie take the fall for it. I’m glad Ashley let her have it at the reunion.

MiyahLee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,173 8,761 8,256
Alleybux
I can't take people serious... Kayla was a big stereotype and embraced it. Tiffany was biracial who was raised by a white mother. I don't know what yall expected...

lovelyvaughn

It’s Megan’s Law
Reaction score
Reactions
18,078 1,186 160
Alleybux
I can't take people serious... Kayla was a big stereotype and embraced it. Tiffany was biracial who was raised by a white mother. I don't know what yall expected...
No her grandma is white on her dad side (he’s biracial) her mom is black

ManolosAndManicures

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,188 1,416 268
Alleybux
Amber B was just as bad as Shannon when it came to thuggin in the confessional. She said the worst sh!t, smiled in everyone’s face, and then let Cookie take the fall for it. I’m glad Ashley let her have it at the reunion.

Screw that Pittsburgh embarrassing moron. She is from the suburbs anyway…pretty sure the one where Johnny Gamage was killed by the cops in the 90s. Big surprise there

Forthetalk00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,145 1,962 752
Alleybux
I spent the entire day yesterday watching season 3, and I am having a hard time understanding why Amber M (Cookie) and Amber B were fan favorites.

The Ambers were typical dumb blondes trying to coast on white girl privilege. Luckily, this was filmed over 10 years ago. Things have changed. The Ambers would have been roasted for their constant micro aggression. Calling people ghetto, “not liking accents”, telling Kayla she was “just like her grandma”.

I just picked up so much racial undertones in a lot of what they said.

Amber B was the worst out of the two. She talked so much sh!t about Kayla, but kissed Kayla’s ass when she needed Kayla to defend her ie: the photoshoot and the reunion.

Cookie was more likable in other appereances outside of her season. Also, I thought it was weird that Cookie called out Tiffany’s brother for touching her, but she did put her head on his laps. I still think Tiffany’s brother was a creep. After Tiffany and Cookie talked about it outside, I didn’t understand why Cookie brought it up again at dinner. I think Amber was looking to have a moment, but it backfired on her.

Tiffany was unlikeable and annoying. I felt from the moment Kayla stepped out of the limo she was in completion mode with Kayla. Kayla was extra, but I felt that she only really had energy for Kayla. The only time she argued with anyone else in the house was when Cookie accused her brother of touching her. Even after that, she went back to being the stereotypical ***** figure. She even referred to herself as mama bear. Cringe.

Kayla talking about her complex surrounding colorism was ahead of its time. People were not openly discussing colorism on national tv around that time. I commend her for being honest. Hopefully, she is in a better place.

Whitney aka “Bawstiiiiiin” was the least likable to me. I think she was a major try hard. I read somewhere that she was on drugs so maybe that’s why. I feel like she also came for Kayla so hard in that limo situation because she was trying to come off as big and bad.

I think Ailea got toooooo much hate than she deserved. Granted, Ailea had some very annoying moments especially when she was doing too much. Ie: When she was going off on Cookie for talking about Kevin, when she was going off on Amber B and jumping on her bed. But Ailea was an instigator, she said that in the beginning. I don’t think Cookie deserved to get her ass beat that night in Mexico, but I think Cookie deserved to get her ass beat period because she talked too much sh!t. I would have had more respect for Ailea if she beat Cookie’s ass the night she spoke about Kevin. Either way, Ailea said she wasn’t going to apologize and I respect her standing her ground. Perez came for her too hard at the reunion. I couldn’t stand his ass. Plus Ailea was ahead of her time. Ailea found herself an old sponsor and did her thing on the side. Maybe she is a font in Jetset babes alley lol

Sarah was overall likable. The only time I felt she did too much was when she was mad at Amber for bringing a guy home. That was really childish.

Ashely lol was sooooooooo 2009. I just laughed seeing her. Not to be shady, but she really reminded me of so many girls from high school. I also liked her for the most part. I couldn’t stand her energy at the reunion for Kayla. I felt lowkey racial undertones in her aggression.

Kayla, did too much. Her tantrums were childish and annoying. I commend her for her honestly. She seems like a nice girl underneath it all. I hated how production edited her to be the problematic housemate, but if you peep, Kayla would say really nice things to the girls. Ie: when Ailea would talk about Kevin, Kayla would always provide reassurance. I also don’t think she truly wanted to fight Cookie and that’s why she didn’t do too much in the fight. Cookie took it and ran with it, she wanted the world to know she beat Kayla’s ass. In reality, I don’t think Kayla wanted to really fight her because from my understand they were friends.

Anyone else watch this season after 10+ years?
This thread is 2 years old and I’ve been getting some notifications from this thread recently.

I rewatched a few episodes last night and some of my opinions from the OP have changed.

For the most part, I am indifferent about most of the cast. They were all annoying in their own way. The person I think is the true villain is Amber B. The girl is clearly racist and if this were filmed in 2022, not only would she have been dragged physically, she would have been canceled.

Ailea is a weirdo, but still got too much hate. I think the girl was simply a try hard and made herself sound cringe. Had she been herself, I think she would have been more likeable. She is not your typical bad girl. I think she is more of an instigator. She was also kind of unstable. She was truly just a try hard, but I don’t get why people hate her so much.

Tiffany was not my cup of tea. One thing I couldn’t stand was the whole Cancun fiasco. She was trying so hard to show she was the bigger person. Her friends basically fought Cookie trying to apparently defend her. Did she really think that was the time to call her friends out? She could have waited until things cooled off. Again, the same points I made in the OP stands.

Whitney (RIP) would not have been so annoying had she not brought up Boston all the time. It was also very try hard. I did appreciate how she would console KC in certain moments.

Cookie was annoying. I also understand that the dumb blonde act was very 2000’s. That is why I found her much more likeable in other spin offs.

Sarah was overall likeable.

Ashley was likeable for the most part. I just didn’t like her confrontation with KC at the reunion. It was giving racist energy.

KC made me sad. I felt really bad because it seemed she was going through so much.

News Alley

Top Bottom