Quantcast

RHOP (RHOP) Monique’s Lil Check Defined

MarriedatEight10

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
48,643 2,296 293
Alleybux
I knew it was a little check, but I didn’t know it THAT little. Monique was a podcast and revealed she only made $3,500 an episode for her first season. Even if they tripled her salary for her last season, her salary
grabs binder
Screen-Shot-2020-12-05-at-12.34.16-AM-1024x576.png

is still under $250k (before taxes). There is no way anyone can convince me that reality TV is actually worth it.

Imani2012

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,587 269 160
Alleybux
I knew it was a little check, but I didn’t know it THAT little. Monique was a podcast and revealed she only made $3,500 an episode for her first season. Even if they tripled her salary for her last season, her salary
grabs binder

is still under $250k (before taxes). There is no way anyone can convince me that reality TV is actually worth it.
I think it was Kandi who said if you're not selling something while you're on reality tv it's not worth it. All Monique's business ventures seemed dumb as hell and probably cost more money than they made so it probably wasn't worth it.

carria

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
67,296 1,251 650
Alleybux
Just imagine how lil’ the checks of cast members that joined RHOP after Monique. Not so funny now.

Blk Bill Gates

Best revenge is yo paper
Reaction score
Reactions
33,740 576 525
Alleybux
And Andy had the gall to be shocked when she said what she said at the reunion. Like I'm not tripping over myself to act grateful for pennies (compared to what her husband makes).

Apparently, Bravo only paid Latoya $1k an episode. All that work and you only make $17k. Sad.

I'm curious to know how much they're paying the newbies (Mia, Garcelle from RHOBH, Eboni from RHONY, etc.) because it seems like Bravo is getting over.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,901 21,167 21,873
Alleybux
Pretty much all the housewives are underpaid their first season or two. Most come on the “Real Housewives” franchise for the fame and exposure—not for the money.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,785 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
So once again those bloggers that report those fake salaries once again are exposed

so I basically make what Monique did w/her highest salary & all I don’t have to leave my house, act a fool for a check nor does anyone know who I am exc for family friends & select colleagues

which mean the OG’aren’t making much more than her either. Maybe more than $300K but no more than $400K

Which makes this even more ridiculous

Makeupmuva

Pretty Rich B*tch That's Easily Triggered
Reaction score
Reactions
76,832 4,113 1,066
Alleybux
Can we see receipts of this, on other networks regular people who don't only appear on one season get at least 3-5k per episode. 1k per episode is good if 1) you appear in every episode 2) you're a nobody housewife who no one was checking for. I'm not sure of Fistniques clout in Potomac prior to appearing on the show but I would take that "Lil check" even if my husband was making money. It's a fairly easy job.

NordieNARS

30’s the new 20, with more $$$
Reaction score
Reactions
105,126 3,542 1,534
Alleybux
Damn! That’s it?? Lots of regular folk earn those checks, or more.

I really didn’t know they got paid that little. They should at least be making 5 figures per episode. 10k should be the minimum

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
And Andy had the gall to be shocked when she said what she said at the reunion. Like I'm not tripping over myself to act grateful for pennies (compared to what her husband makes).

Apparently, Bravo only paid Latoya $1k an episode. All that work and you only make $17k. Sad.

I'm curious to know how much they're paying the newbies (Mia, Garcelle from RHOBH, Eboni from RHONY, etc.) because it seems like Bravo is getting over.

Garcelle is making a coin ... she is SAG. You think an actress is doing a BRAVO show for pennies. Y'all funny. Why would she need Bravo when she is already known? Denise made a good coin too. I think that's what everyone's problem with Denise was ... she was the highest paid on the show. You are not gonna have an actual working SAG actress being paid pennies ... even on reality tv.

The reason why Latoya didn't make much is because isn't SAG. Drew made more than Latoya because she is a SAG actress. Eboni and Crystal probably isn't making much either. Sutton probably makes more than Crystal because she came on as a friend last season and was able to become SAG before filming. Remember most of these women come on to be famous ... not because they need the money.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,873 6,062 2,385
Alleybux
So basically, this was T'Challa's bird feed budget.

That certainly explains why Mo's flippant "that little check" remark keeps some pressed to this very day.

philly3

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,962 554 102
Alleybux
Reality Tv doesn’t pay much and doesn’t cost much to produce..that’s why there are a thousands and one reality shows.

Blk Bill Gates

Best revenge is yo paper
Reaction score
Reactions
33,740 576 525
Alleybux
Garcelle is making a coin ... she is SAG. You think an actress is doing a BRAVO show for pennies. Y'all funny. Why would she need Bravo when she is already known? Denise made a good coin too. I think that's what everyone's problem with Denise was ... she was the highest paid on the show. You are not gonna have an actual working SAG actress being paid pennies ... even on reality tv.

The reason why Latoya didn't make much is because isn't SAG. Drew made more than Latoya because she is a SAG actress. Eboni and Crystal probably isn't making much either. Sutton probably makes more than Crystal because she came on as a friend last season and was able to become SAG before filming. Remember most of these women come on to be famous ... not because they need the money.
I understand that some of the women may come on the show making a little more than others because of prior fame but damn, some of the numbers I'm seeing are dismal. It's almost insulting.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
I understand that some of the women may come on the show making a little more than others because of prior fame but damn, some of the numbers I'm seeing are dismal. It's almost insulting.

They wanna be famous more than the want the money. RH are about well off/rich women (typically housewives when they start) ... they don't need the money so they are willing to take $3k an episode to use as play money. It's their job, but it's play play work. It's not til they get a divorce that this check becomes real to them.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,901 21,167 21,873
Alleybux

Garcelle was an established actress before RHOBH, so I doubt she is working for peanuts. In fact, I think Garcelle came on to RHOBH because she could make more money from reality TV than she could from acting. There’s a paucity of roles for black actresses 50 and over unless you are Viola Davis or Angela Bassett.

NotoriousKIA

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,290 1,338 592
Alleybux
So once again those bloggers that report those fake salaries once again are exposed

so I basically make what Monique did w/her highest salary & all I don’t have to leave my house, act a fool for a check nor does anyone know who I am exc for family friends & select colleagues

which mean the OG’aren’t making much more than her either. Maybe more than $300K but no more than $400K

Which makes this even more ridiculous
No, Monique was a nobody and clearly didn’t negotiate. Leah from NY made 60k her first season last year. The wives have to prove themselves then they make more. Kim z was making 80k an episode for her low rated show, so about. 1.2 mill for a 15 episode season. Nene and Kandi were rumored to be making 2 million a season. I have a feeling Giselle and Karen probably make what Kim Z makes at least, but not as much as the Atlanta OGs. Karen did pay half of Ray’s 3 million dollar tax debt, and that was only season 3 or 4. If Mo was making pennies that is clearly what they felt she was worth.

tierra588

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,854 1,672 737
Alleybux
And people were mad that she wasn't falling at Andy's feet, thanking him, and spilling her guts to him about how much that check changed her life. I'm glad she dismissed it and said that Bravo's checks were pocket change to her. I'm still waiting on him to have that little sit down, circle talk with BH, or any other white franchise so they can tell him and Bravo how much that check mean to them, and how it change their lives.

Blk Bill Gates

Best revenge is yo paper
Reaction score
Reactions
33,740 576 525
Alleybux
Garcelle was an established actress before RHOBH, so I doubt she is working for peanuts. In fact, I think Garcelle came on to RHOBH because she could make more money from reality TV than she could from acting. There’s a paucity of roles for black actresses 50 and over unless you are Viola Davis or Angela Bassett.
Definitely makes sense regarding Garcelle. I just love her so I'm happy she's out here working. Between this and The Real, she's doing pretty well for herself.

tallafrican

Barbecue addict.
Reaction score
Reactions
42,117 1,563 105
Alleybux
He reacted like that because he’s had billionaire Bravo housewives like Jill Zarin and Adrienne Maloof begging to come back for the “little check”. They didn’t need the money. It’s not about the salary, it’s about the fame.

tallafrican

Barbecue addict.
Reaction score
Reactions
42,117 1,563 105
Alleybux
I'm still waiting on him to have that little sit down, circle talk with BH, or any other white franchise so they can tell him and Bravo how much that check mean to them, and how it change their lives.
Jill Zarin did in a round about way when she begged for her job back in both an email and on WWHL. Wife of a billionaire.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
No, Monique was a nobody and clearly didn’t negotiate. Leah from NY made 60k her first season last year. The wives have to prove themselves then they make more. Kim z was making 80k an episode for her low rated show, so about. 1.2 mill for a 15 episode season. Nene and Kandi were rumored to be making 2 million a season. I have a feeling Giselle and Karen probably make what Kim Z makes at least, but not as much as the Atlanta OGs. Karen did pay half of Ray’s 3 million dollar tax debt, and that was only season 3 or 4. If Mo was making pennies that is clearly what they felt she was worth.

Leah made 3k, which is 60k. She almost didn't come back. That's exactly about what Monique said she made her first season.

The sources also reported that Leah made “$3,000 per episode last season which netted her about $60,000,” for the entire season

Kim Z was SAG ... They can't pay her peanuts especially if she is starring on her sh!tty show.

Nene and Kandi are season regulars and fan favorites. Plus again ... SAG.

None of the RHOP ladies are making close to what RHOA are making. Even Kim Z ... they gave her a show even if it's trash.Trust. Andy don't even promote the show ever when it starts. Monique was making 250k a year. I give some of the other ladies 500k max. RHOP numbers aren't amazing and they just started getting buzz last year.

Karen ... the only one that started businesses on the show. RHOP ladies are kinda slow. Most of them don't use it for anything. Karen and Candace are the only ones making real moves. Wendy regressed to be on this show, which makes me think her career and the money she made being a PhD was way less RHOP was paying. Ashley and Giselle tried and failed. Robyn just trying to make anything stick.

tallafrican

Barbecue addict.
Reaction score
Reactions
42,117 1,563 105
Alleybux
Bobby was not a billionaire LMAOOOOOOO
You’re looking at his Googled networth. No matter how you laugh at his net worth, Jill was wealthy enough to be traveling in private jets, had drivers, and vacationed in the Hamptons. And she still begged for her job back on WWHL. So the point still stands, it’s not about the money with Bravo, it’s about the fame.

CarterWT

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,306 3,087 3,466
Alleybux

If you are known you get paid a bit more. If you bring the drama you get paid more. Once the housewives start getting homes and glam squad they are usually making 400K+. In the contracts they provide a housing stipend and glam squad stipend. Nene and Sheree were the first to make Bravo lease them homes.

AutumnSloane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 1,121 532
Alleybux
Whatever the little check was ( I never believe a word she actually says), than it was worth it to her and her husband. She was on there long enough to get her check's weight up if she's not lying.

And I don't really remember anyone calling the checks little even the women with more personality and access to their husband's money. It's not about being grateful for anything handed, it's that she sounded and sounds ignorant. She could have negotiated for more money or not signed another contract if the check is that small. Any woman on these shows have an agenda even if you can't see it but at least get paid in context of what these shows offer even if you are just on there to flaunt yourself and get D list fame.

She was on the show saying she lost six figures in a dumb podcast so this woman isn't too bright. She likes to flex when really she sounds wasteful for someone who isn't coming from generational wealth. And HWs who personally have going for them and more money still make a decent amount of money so saying it was a little check is really more a reflection of her and Chris, if it's even true like I said.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,911 2,179 529
Alleybux
Woww, they low balled Monique, because Gina of OC got $76K her first season, and it was revealed in her court doc for her divorce.

Gina Payne

Arrivederci LSA. It's been real <3
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 1,795 1,289
Alleybux
So Monique was doing all that dumb bµllsh!t for a measly $3,500 an ep?

Wow.
200.gif

#HateToStanTHAT
And Season 2 was short af too. That was Mo's first season. It was the season her and Gizelle were beefing hard and Karen threw that party, I still remember it. I don't feel like looking it up rn, but I know for sure it was short. Prob like 10 episodes, 12 total including the reunion.

moonieque

Moonunivers
Reaction score
Reactions
3,526 89 61
Alleybux
grabs binder

It is worth it if you have a brand to expose. If the ladies are smart, they create youtube channels, clothing brands etc. etc. Because the show brings them a lot of follower on their first season. If they get 1$ out of all of them...

SharkeishaB

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,829 941 456
Alleybux
There is a new RH book by Brian Moyles and when talking about salary he mentions that Cary Deuber told him she made $200,000 for season 3 of Dallas. Dallas and Potomac being new and lower rated are going to be paid less. They start around $60,000 and go up to $300,000-400,000.

The highest paid is ATL which is the only one with multiple people (Nene/Kandi) hitting the two million mark. Even people like Bethenny, Kyle/Kim Richards (their contract states they must have same pay when full time cast members), OG Vicki and Tamra all make around $1 million per reports. Tamra also confirmed in the same book that her final salary was $1 million. Then on Jersey Teresa makes around $1 million, but nobody else comes close to what she makes there.

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,823 3,329 1,461
Alleybux
It’s really crazy when you consider that Leah made more for her first season than Monique was paid for hers. Meanwhile, you couldn’t pay me ten times what either of them made to even consider it. They’re insane, especially Monique who stayed for seasons and only promoted a podcast and some oils. At least Leah has a business to promote...not that she does it very well.