Quantcast

Roberta Flack and Jesse Jackson & other old school gossip

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,813 494,849 222,828
Alleybux
My aunt insists Roberta Flack and Rev. Jesse Jackson are long term lovers. She says he still visits her at her apartment in the Dakota and Roberta is crazy about him.

She also says Aretha Franklin's late father is the father of her first child. But that's not it. She claims Aretha's ex husband Glynn Turman is hella zesty and had a relationship with her son.

sammy faye C

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
25,487 35 25
Alleybux
Never heard that about Jessie and Roberta but I have always heard that about Areath's father.

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,468 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Why in the hell did you go Incog to say this??
I"ve heard both of these before...especially that Aretha Franklin one. She's got a whole lot of crazy ass issues because of her Father.
Lots of these gospel folks are and have always been DL, drug addicts, womanizers, etc.

Leo The Lion

Roaaaar!!
Reaction score
Reactions
171,152 5,126 2,375
Alleybux
I remember the rumor about Michael Jackson getting a xes change and marrying Clifton Davis(lol). Jim Nabors( Gomer Pyle) marrying Rock Hudson...lol

P3@chFl@v0r

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,690 24 6
Alleybux
WOW! This is why I love LSA. I never new any of the things mentioned in the OP. My jaw is now hanging on the floor... WOW!

Nubia

Black to the Bone
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,881 539 247
Alleybux
Why in the hell did you go Incog to say this??
I"ve heard both of these before...especially that Aretha Franklin one. She's got a whole lot of crazy ass issues because of her Father.
Lots of these gospel folks are and have always been DL, drug addicts, womanizers, etc.

umm EXPOUND please!

slimdiva73

Shitting on U Heauxs
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
29,423 328 147
Alleybux
Interesting...But Jesse & Roberta??? Me no believe it.

kNORTH West

<span style="color: blue,red,yellow;"><span style=
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,844 3 2
Alleybux
welllllllllll DAMN

EwYouMusty

Double-Dicking Caroline
Reaction score
Reactions
74,995 1,371 353
Alleybux
Someone has to school on the Aretha one because this is the first time I've heard anything of that...wow....

vitalove

The Victorious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,292 50 41
Alleybux
I refuse to believe the story about Aretha and her father. Her father was a prominent minister and civil rights leader, and he was killed suspiciously in his own home. And not because of that, but because it's just too horrible. And that rumor has been around for ages. (Not policing, just stating my opinion.)

I can see the good Reverend though. He was a player back in the day. He married his wife only because she was pregnant, he had more than one woman during the time they were dating.

Fiyah!

I love oOGBezOo
Reaction score
Reactions
10,970 3 4
Alleybux
I had heard the rumor about Glynn Turmon and Aretha's son a long long time ago.

Also, I herd the Jim Nabors rumor as well... From a minister in Arizona. She said they knocked on her door late at night and asked her to marry them.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,769 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
I refuse to believe the story about Aretha and her father. Her father was a prominent minister and civil rights leader, and he was killed suspiciously in his own home. And not because of that, but because it's just too horrible. And that rumor has been around for ages. (Not policing, just stating my opinion.)

I can see the good Reverend though. He was a player back in the day. He married his wife only because she was pregnant, he had more than one woman during the time they were dating.

Why is it so hard to believe? Martin Luther King, Jr. was a prominent civil rights leader and he couldn't keep his dick in his pants or take it out only for Coretta. Look at Jesse Jackson. Prominent in the community but making babies out of his marriage.

I have on very good authority the rumor about Aretha is true. It's sad but not surprising. This thing was common place in certain parts of the south and still is. Unfortunately, the south isn't the only place where this kind of sickness happens. I worked with a girl who told us that her father is the one who taught her and her sisters about xes. She said it like it was no big deal. Aretha's weight problems probably have a lot to do with her family history. I'd eat myself into oblivion too if my father was the father of my child or if my husband molested my son. I can't speak on the rumor about the Turman guy and her son but I've heard rumors about it. Why do you think Aretha cries everytime her father is mentioned? I'd cry too. How can you reconcile the man you are supposed to trust the most before you get married and leave his home is also the father of your child? It's sick.

4130n7330w

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
13,350 8 2
Alleybux
Why is it so hard to believe? Martin Luther King, Jr. was a prominent civil rights leader and he couldn't keep his dick in his pants or take it out only for Coretta. Look at Jesse Jackson. Prominent in the community but making babies out of his marriage.

:worship::fing02: :kiss: I don't know why people can't believe things that could have happened to others all because the accused is a "maaaand-of-gawdd" ... For years I've heard rumors of Aretha, if they are true I feel really bad for her having to deal with them especially being human and all trying to make since of it. These people are men first, Never divine and perfect....

reinforcement

Quiet, Humble Older Woman.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,584 804 209
Alleybux
What about the Retha and MLK rumor, and the additional rumor that Retha was at the Lorraine that fateful day in 1968? If that is true, then that could be another cause of her issues.

Crissy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
11,639 740 25
Alleybux
I need to see side-by-side pics of Ree-Ree, her child and her father. That's a really sick rumor.

Boo Boo Kitty

Feels Good
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
1,673 43 6
Alleybux
I heard that stuff @ Reatha before also--she had her first baby when she was only 12 or 13 so that adds credibility.

James Cleveland was a prominent pastor and look at all the stuff her did.

Another rumor is that Quincy Jones is the one that turned out Micheal Jackson--

Alwys12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,659 3 4
Alleybux
I heard that stuff @ Reatha before also--she had her first baby when she was only 12 or 13 so that adds credibility.

James Cleveland was a prominent pastor and look at all the stuff her did.

Another rumor is that Quincy Jones is the one that turned out Micheal Jackson--

What about Tevin Campbell?

Alwys12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,659 3 4
Alleybux
My aunt insists Roberta Flack and Rev. Jesse Jackson are long term lovers. She says he still visits her at her apartment in the Dakota and Roberta is crazy about him.

She also says Aretha Franklin's late father is the father of her first child. But that's not it. She claims Aretha's ex husband Glynn Turman is hella zesty and had a relationship with her son.

I always wondered why that marriage ended so quietly!!! I thought it was that Aretha was hard to live with.

~YD~

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,861 51 10
Alleybux
Aretha's mom left her and her siblings when she was a little girl. Her dad had a longtime affair with Clara Ward. C L Franklin was murdered in his home during a robbery/home invasion where it was discovered that he had an extensive pδrn collection. The Franklin family was very tight with James Cleveland who we all know was an AIDS infected, child molestor. Aretha's son Edward is/was a gay drug addict and drunk who burned down her house in Bloomfield Hills because he said that Glynn Turman molested him when he was a boy. I believe he is also HIV positive. He blames Aretha for all of it. Her ex-husband Ted White used to beat her. She had an affair with Sam Cooke and has never got over him. She drinks and eats to soothe her pain. Aretha has had a very traumatic childhood and difficult adulthood. My heart really aches for all that she has been through, however, she will never be able to conquer her demons until she confronts them first.

I remember when they copied my review of From These Roots on another board:
http://www.s2smagazine.com/services/board/archive/index.php?t-35683.html

Penny Lane

<span style="font-weight: bold;font-family: times
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,716 15 2
Alleybux
Mods can we make this thread a sticky?

T.O.P

The best at being me...
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,327 13 12
Alleybux
interesting! This is all new to me.

keep it coming

ShortCake KD

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
111 1
Alleybux
Donny hathaway ain commit suicide..

some ganstas pushed him off..i think he was tryin to leave tha label

CLIFF D

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,296 32 14
Alleybux
Jesse and Roberta Flack...That was true about 30 years ago, dont know about now though

Harriet_Thugman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,536 1,743 286
Alleybux
Wow...Never heard that rumor on ReRe. I heard that she had a baby when she was very young. Her and Gladys Knight.

MsPink

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,522 297 220
Alleybux
Yes, Ive heard the rumour about Aretha Franklin.

But I also heard that the guy who played some kind of Colonel on Different world, the dark skin one.. had a xesual relationship with her son, and also molested him. I need to go look up his name. He's an actor...

I also heard that Aretha's son is a lil "special" because his parents were father and daughter.

All typed above was from a very credible source....

T.O.P

The best at being me...
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,327 13 12
Alleybux
Yes, Ive heard the rumour about Aretha Franklin.

But I also heard that the guy who played some kind of Colonel on Different world, the dark skin one.. had a xesual relationship with her son, and also molested him. I need to go look up his name. He's an actor...

I also heard that Aretha's son is a lil "special" because his parents were father and daughter.

All typed above was from a very credible source....

that would be glynn turman, the one mentioned throughout this thread.

Leo The Lion

Roaaaar!!
Reaction score
Reactions
171,152 5,126 2,375
Alleybux
There was a rumor about Sam Cooke being killed by the mafia, who wanted to control his career. Also there was a rumor about Motown being controled by the mafia...

char28

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
5,799 26 9
Alleybux
I tried to read Aretha's biography and she twisted stories from her childhood into her adulthood in the beginning of her book. I stopped at page 35. She had her rounds with countless men and dated Dennis Edwards while she was with someone else, who was the father of her last child. It's been heard for years that Aretha has always been a jealous person. She likes people who would kiss her ass, that is why the main reason that she doesn't like Gladys. People say that Gladys is a nice, given, and good hearted person, but will fight your ass if you step on her the wrong way. That's why she stepped up to Berry Gordy and another label for ripping her off, and is a multi millionaire because of her business savy. During the 1976 Grammy's Aretha snubbed Natalie Cole for winning The Female Soul Award , in which she won eight years in a row.
It was also said that Aretha's sister Erma(RIP) was dating Dennis Edwards of The Temptations and Aretha liked him from the first time she saw him and didn't care who was dating Dennis. She use to chase Dennis down when he was on the road.

Alwys12

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,659 3 4
Alleybux
I tried to read Aretha's biography and she twisted stories from her childhood into her adulthood in the beginning of her book. I stopped at page 35. She had her rounds with countless men and dated Dennis Edwards while she was with someone else, who was the father of her last child. It's been heard for years that Aretha has always been a jealous person. She likes people who would kiss her **** that is why the main reason that she doesn't like Gladys. People say that Gladys is a nice, given, and good hearted person, but will fight your ass if you step on her the wrong way. That's why she stepped up to Berry Gordy and another label for ripping her off, and is a multi millionaire because of her business savy. During the 1976 Grammy's Aretha snubbed Natalie Cole for winning The Female Soul Award , in which she won eight years in a row.
It was also said that Aretha's sister Erma(RIP) was dating Dennis Edwards of The Temptations and Aretha liked him from the first time she saw him and didn't care who was dating Dennis. She use to chase Dennis down when he was on the road.

Her sister's man???? Scandalous to say the least!

Nisi@Cali

Team Owner
BANNED
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,176 24 57
Alleybux
I've heard the rumor about Aretha but somehow I don't believe it, not because her father was a minister (cause the priest were not saints either), but because I just don't.

Aretha is a 'classic b!tch'......

I knew she was married to Glynn Turman, (aretha was very small too).

Never knew about Jessie and Roberta.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom