Roy Jones: I'm Not Going To Retire, My Next Fight is in Talks

GoldenArmz

♎ Avi Credit: Rapper: Pink Siifu ♎
Reaction score
Reactions
31,650 3,726 337
Alleybux
By Igor Lazorin, tass

According to former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr., he is currently negotiating the details of his next fight.

The 48-year-old veteran, and future Hall of Famer, is not ready to hang up the gloves just yet.

"I'm not going to finish my boxing career. Right now we are negotiating for the next fight, maybe it will be against an MMA fighter," Jones said.

roy-jones%20(1).jpg

Previously, Jones claimed that he could stage a fight against mixed martial arts (MMA) legend Anderson Silva, but UFC President Dana White is not in favor of that contest taking place under boxing rules.

Jones is an Olympic silver medal winner. Thus far in his 74 fight career in the professional ranks, Jones has amassed a record of 65 wins (47 by knockout) and suffered nine defeats

Jones has built up a three fight win streak over less than desirable competition. He entered the ring in February of this year, gaining an eight round stoppage win over bareknuckle brawler Bobby Gunn. In his two fights in 2016, Jones fought a part-time MMA fighter who was making his professional boxing debut as part of a contest, Vyron Phillips, and stopped him in two rounds. And then Jones won a unanimous decision over 17-11 Rodney Moore.

In 2015, Jones suffered a brutal knockout loss at the hands of former world champion Enzo Maccarinelli over in Russia. Maccarinelli has since retired from boxing. The loss snapped an eight fight win streak that Jones had built up since December 2011 - when he snapped a three fight losing streak to Denis Lebedev, Bernard Hopkins and Danny Green.

Jones had recently called for a fight against former WBC cruiserweight world champion Tony Bellew of Liverpool. Bellew, who is currently competing in the heavyweight division, responded to the challenge in a recent interview and said that he viewed Jones as one of his idols and would never fight him.

Violet Trace

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
54,753 833 210
Alleybux
The change in his speech patterns is quite noticeable. Roy needs to stay out of the ring.

GoldenArmz

♎ Avi Credit: Rapper: Pink Siifu ♎
Reaction score
Reactions
31,650 3,726 337
Alleybux
The change in his speech patterns is quite noticeable. Roy needs to stay out of the ring.
Agreed it time for him to hang it up.

dont know why he isnt satisfied with being a boxing analyst. He has a great record, im sure he has money. I guess he wants to follow behind B-Hop. smh

Teamplayer

Who Dey + Lambeau Leap
Reaction score
Reactions
444,122 18,671 4,883
Alleybux
Suicide by gloves. Where's his family to guilt him out of this nonsense?

He's ruining his legacy too