Quantcast

RuPaul Getting DRAGGED on Twitter For His Comments On Trans Contestants on His Show

CoronAiVdrip

Make Corona Great Again
Reaction score
Reactions
41,171 1,817 1,852
Alleybux
I'm laughing so hard these people just can't keep their story straight. The cognitive dissonance is truely amazing.

brockhampton

JK Rowling STAN
Reaction score
Reactions
130,816 3,779 1,913
Alleybux
Drag has never been exclusive to men dressed as girls, it has always included everyone in the gender spectrum. That is why the Drag Balls in Paris is Burning have different categories that include men dressed as "unclockable"/ straight men, women dressing as over the top drag queens, etc, and the iconic Venus Xtravaganza was going through the process to become a trans woman. It's all about blurring gender lines, something RuPaul constantly mentions. I'm not sure how he forgot what he preaches. Must be old age.

In the words of Ru:
rupaul-we-are-all-born-naked-an-the-rest-is-drag.gif

Skärmavbild 2018-03-08 kl. 09.49.38.png

SmashIntoYou

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,447 113 322
Alleybux
I'm confused, drag race is about men who identify as men wearing women's clothing. WHY are men who identify as women mad they aren't allowed on a show about men dressing as women?

Women aren't even on the show .... Soooo, what's the point of this outrage?

Why are you even commenting? You can't even respect trans women enough to call them women; butt out of the conversation stupid

Gone Girl

Amazing
Reaction score
Reactions
80,308 1,150 1,306
Alleybux
Oh shut the hell up and get off Ru's balls. He's right. Be "heartbroken" about something truly heartbreaking. Ru ain't studying their faux outrage.

Tillywinks

Lurker and proud
Reaction score
Reactions
177,531 3,525 1,425
Alleybux
Why are you even commenting? You can't even respect trans women enough to call them women; butt out of the conversation stupid
Shut the fµck up.

I AM A WOMAN. I AM NOT GOING TO BE BULLIED OR SILENCED BECAUSE MALES A.K.A MEN THINK THEY CAN MAGICALLY BECOME A WOMAN. b!tch.

31savage

Like a $avage
Reaction score
Reactions
89,642 2,710 4,840
Alleybux
I'm with Ru.

Men are such crybabies even after they cut their dicks off. The hairy back trans loving feminist can stfu forever.

31savage

Like a $avage
Reaction score
Reactions
89,642 2,710 4,840
Alleybux
my goodness, those men who wanted to be a woman are exhausting

they want to be women and want the real women to be called cys-women, and they want to compete on a DRAG queen race, when drag queen always meant a man dressed as a woman.

If you call them drag queens they will demand you be burned at the stake.

diditonthem

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
410,567 14,822 5,727
Alleybux
There are a lot of layers going on here.

I don't believe Ru was excluding Trans women when he made the comment. They've had trans women on there before. People have began to question if women should be allowed to compete but they're not talking about trans women.

Many of the first Drag Queens were actually trans women in a time when dressing as a woman 24/7 wasn't as easy to get away with. I think they feel like they've always been in the scene so there is no reason to exclude them.

A lot of them are still in their feelings about the "She-mail" term and how Ru got an attitude when they asked him to change it.

Ru cracked me up about that. And he said the term ****** is not offensive and the ******** got mad.

Konvict Kimi

LSA OG
Reaction score
Reactions
109,185 6,058 1,893
Alleybux
Ru will continue to slay. Goodbye Carmen Carrera.

I think trans women are jealous of the popular success of RuPaul and his show about men dressing up as women.
Right. Because now they have no place.
Maybe someone should create a competition show for transwomen so they can shut up.

But we all know that Bruce Jenner is kang trans anyway so they still lose. Lol

cosmiclatte

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
296,596 13,127 4,050
Alleybux
just a few years ago, everyone was up on twitter and on tumblr writing thinkpieces about how RPDR and drag in general invalidated transwomen. Now, they wanna be all up in the kool aid and don't even know the flavor. How you wanna swear you're a woman but wanna be on a show about gay cis men dressing up as women? Clearly, deep down inside, they know that all they are are gay men. Any woman that is complaining about RPDR not being inclusive of women obviously doesn't know what the hell drag is. You can't make them happy. Not everything is for every and anybody and people need to be able to have their own spaces and things. Forcing inclusivity is insane, and it creates a monolith where cultures can't thrive or even exist.

and I saw on various platforms people are saying transwomen created drag (apparently, they created everything) and that Marsha p. Johnson pioneered it. they just wanna pin everything on that dead man.
I wish they would stop mentioning Marsha’s name. Disrespecting his legacy by associating him with all types of nonsense.

Kokutan

Gwyn's Best Knight
Reaction score
Reactions
33,667 737 632
Alleybux
But I thought drag queens were men who dressed as women for entertainment purposes? Are they arguing that’s what Transwomen are? According to their logic, that’s what seems transphobic.

All_star23

I make you feel that dont i? Good.
Reaction score
Reactions
116,583 2,902 1,984
Alleybux
One is expression the other is identity. He’s had transitioning 2 women on his show so why bother making those comments to seperate like it’s still not the same community. I think it’s more controversial how he handled it googling trains for trans tweeting the wrong flag & all this Freudian philosophy when Freud was staunchly homophobic. Like ru you should of just sat there & allowed others to do your drag while you hosted a drag show & collected coins

Kate Bush

Formerly "Unnie"
Reaction score
Reactions
113,244 1,890 883
Alleybux
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

To be fair, transwomen have had an important impact in the drag world. From the ball scene, to the clubs, to the pageants, transwomen have been there. With that being said, they are not the gatekeepers of drag. For Rupaul, on HIS show, it's clearly more about the male-to-female transformation and that's personally what I'm interested in as a viewer of Rupaul's Drag Race. Drag loses it's magic when the transformation is weak.

Rupaul is actually saying that transwomen ARE women, therefore the transformation is not there. How is this transphobic? Transwomen want to be considered women, right? And isn't there a large sector of trans people who consider drag offensive?

And now I'm seeing this push for RPDR to include "all genders" and I'm not interested in seeing bio queens put on elaborate wigs and makeup. Anyone can do drag, sure. But on Rupaul's show, he makes the rules for what drag means to HIM.

I can't believe so many SJW's were literally calling for a boycott of RPDR, like it hasn't been such a tremendous platform for LGBT. I'm sick of the Ru disrespect I've seen lately. He is not transphobic. The real transphobes are the ones out there killing transwomen.

People are gonna be real sad when Rupaul is gone.

Andrea24

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,532 900 593
Alleybux
I know this post is old but here’s my thing

Why would a trans man be on a drag show?

A female who transition to a man. Why get on a show to dress and mimic a female and be feminine when those were the characteristics of a female you resent from? Why compete to prove who’s the best woman on a drag show when you were suffering in the body of a female as a transgender?

how is it drag for a trans women if you are a So called woman? Isn’t it transphobic to call a transwoman a drag queen anyway ?
I don’t get it.