Quantcast

Rupaul's Drag Race general off-season discussion thread

ego death

Renaissance Tour Attendee
Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 1,486 52
Alleybux
A thread like this has been suggested a few times so I thought I'd do the honors.

source.gif

Copying the tag list from the season 11 thread:

We should probably continue to put tea on upcoming seasons in spoilers so we don't ruin any surprises for anyone.

ego death

Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 1,486 52
Alleybux
Did yall catch Peppermint on Pose last night? She really is a great actress.

toxic silence

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,600 984 308
Alleybux
Ah y’all I forgot season 2 of pose started already. I’ll catch up by this weekend!! Thank you for the tag!! I can’t wait to contribute something while drag race is taking a break!

CallMeT

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,049 43 18
Alleybux
Damn I totally forgot it came on last night. I’ll watch when I get home.

TrillaryClinton

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
76,751 1,332 1,003
Alleybux
I’m still so proud and happy Yvie won.

I still need a cast member to come out and spill tea because anyone with eyes can tell the S11 girls didn’t like each other lmao.

Now I’m ready for Shea to win AS5. I was rooting for Sasha Velour and was so pressed when she won, but Shea is still fierce and I can’t imagine the AS crown going to anyone else.

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
Thank you so much for making this thread. Can we talk about past seasons too?

I just rewatched season 6, and I’m sorry but Roxxxy was 200% right about Jinx. She was a whiny crybaby and steadily playing the victim. She tried to get mad at them calling her a “comedy queen” like she didn’t refer to them as “pageant queens” all the time. She was annoying as fµck.

SuziCo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,037 1,044 344
Alleybux
Does anyone listen to that What The Tuck podcast and Race Chasers with Alaska and Willam?

What did Mano do from WTT that pissed Willam off?

SlayCoulee

posted in another ninja hood like a bad bih
Reaction score
Reactions
153,833 2,483 357
Alleybux
Thank you so much for doing this. I meant to earlier when I suggested it but I got sidetracked.

I just rewatched season 6, and I’m sorry but Roxxxy was 200% right about Jinx. She was a whiny crybaby and steadily playing the victim. She tried to get mad at them calling her a “comedy queen” like she didn’t refer to them as “pageant queens” all the time. She was annoying as fµck.

tenor.gif

I like Jinkx but I did not think she should’ve won. She was a hot ass mess, she’s lucky that she won a lot of challenges. She has improved tremendously though.

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
Thank you so much for doing this. I meant to earlier when I suggested it but I got sidetracked.

tenor.gif

I like Jinkx but I did not think she should’ve won. She was a hot ass mess, she’s lucky that she won a lot of challenges. She has improved tremendously though.
Facts. Her makeup was tragic like 80 percent of the time and her looks were not that great (except for the dia de los muertos look, that was a shoot) but other than that, they were underwhelming or outright bad most of the time.

TheHooligan

talking to the moon
Reaction score
Reactions
49,940 616 162
Alleybux
Thanks for tagging me!

I was surprised by how good of an actress Peppermint is. Hopefully, we get to see more of her character this season.

CaramelnMotion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,544 1,262 203
Alleybux
Did yall catch Peppermint on Pose last night? She really is a great actress.

Yes!!!!

She was on Broadway last year; happy to see her getting work and staying in the city.

Sidebar: I think most of the girls will be in NYC for World Pride/Stonewall 50th weekend. Undecided if I want to do any meet and greets.

ego death

Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 1,486 52
Alleybux
I agree with yall about Jinkx. I LOVE her dearly but honestly she didn't really deserve to win based on track record.

Mividaloca

Yes, it's Dr. Mividaloca, thanks!
Reaction score
Reactions
26,337 211 31
Alleybux
THANK YOU!!!

I just caught up on Pose today...I usually watch every Tuesday with no fail but I took myself out for expensive steak dinner and wine LOL

Hey Wallace

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,422 1,002 122
Alleybux

Remember how Absolut used to feature heavily in the earlier RPDR seasons? I read that they wanted Roxxy to win, but Ru wanted Jinkx to win, and the decision to crown the latter is why they no longer sponsor RPDR.

I don't know if you guys watch Rupaul's Fashion Ruview with Raja and Raven (although he doesn't do it much anymore unfortunately) but you can tell that they too thought Roxxy should win. In hindsight I think they should've crowned her too. Sucks that her AS2 run made the fandom look at her as a meme and not the talented drag queen that she is.

SlayCoulee

posted in another ninja hood like a bad bih
Reaction score
Reactions
153,833 2,483 357
Alleybux
Remember how Absolut used to feature heavily in the earlier RPDR seasons? I read that they wanted Roxxy to win, but Ru wanted Jinkx to win, and the decision to crown the latter is why they no longer sponsor RPDR.

I don't know if you guys watch Rupaul's Fashion Ruview with Raja and Raven (although he doesn't do it much anymore unfortunately) but you can tell that they too thought Roxxy should win. In hindsight I think they should've crowned her too. Sucks that her AS2 run made the fandom look at her as a meme and not the talented drag queen that she is.

Roxxxy def should’ve won, she’s the total package. b!tch can dress, perform and she did great in challenges as well. She may have been a pageant queen but she came thru on the acting and comedy. I think she would’ve won if if wasn’t for that thing with Jinkx.

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux

Roxxxy def should’ve won, she’s the total package. b!tch can dress, perform and she did great in challenges as well. She may have been a pageant queen but she came thru on the acting and comedy. I think she would’ve won if if wasn’t for that thing with Jinkx.
Yep. I’ve always felt like that was the reason Roxxy didn’t win.

AdoreMel

A Plain Jane thirsty for tea
Reaction score
Reactions
22,579 688 49
Alleybux
Finally ppl who I can live in my truth with. I was so rooting for Roxxxy to win that season! I mean the girl gave us the first FRIGGIN RUVEAL! And you mean to tell me she lost only for Jinkx to win that season. That was some BS

Peroxide

ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ//ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
179,931 5,192 643
Alleybux
Yesss I love Monet! I’m enjoying her talk show. I’m waiting for her and Bob to announce the Sibling Rivalry tour dates.
I'm just waiting for them to upload another "Anything You Can Do" video :cry: Bob and Monet are so funny together!

wario

not mario
Reaction score
Reactions
88,570 2,487 509
Alleybux
i wish mariah would do more. it was nice seeing her cameo on the last season

ego death

Reaction score
Reactions
23,862 1,486 52
Alleybux
Drag Race Canada was announced:

Grab Some Poutine Because "Drag Race Canada" Is Headed Your Way

Grab Some Poutine Because “Drag Race Canada” Is Headed Your Way

Thailand, the U.K., and now our Neighbors to the North—RuPaul’s Drag Race is taking over the world!

OUTtv, World of Wonder, Crave, and Blue Ant Studios have announced that a Canadian version of the Emmy-winning competition series is headed our way.

“I am proud to announce that the Drag Race family is expanding as Crave is about to begin production on Drag Race Canada,” said RuPaul in a statement. “The panel and judges will be from the Great White North, representing Canada’s very best. This new franchise has my whole-hearted blessing. Good luck… and don’t puck it up!”

That’s an ice hockey pun! Get it?

Drag Race Canada, which will consist of 10 one-hour episodes, will begin casting this summer and production in the fall. The series will air on Crave in Canada and on WOW Presents Plus around the rest of the world.

“Canadian drag is world class and we could not be more excited to bring these artists and their stories to Crave,” said Blue Ant Studios’ Sam Sniderman. “We are thrilled to be working with WOW on this legendary and game-changing global format.”

The announcement says the host and judges will be “announced at a later date.” We better see Carly Rae Jepsen sitting at that judges’ panel for an episode, and can we please get a Moira’s wigs-inspired Schitt’s Creek runway challenge?

The Canadian bacon puns write themselves.

Katarzys

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
581 12 1
Alleybux
Thank you for the thread @ego death

If someone is interested, I was watching my recorded
House Hunters episodes and one was about Willam looking for a party house in Palm Springs. He is something else! Extra af. My Directv listed it as s165 epi 10 (?)
"Palm Springs Party Palace"

Last edited: