s Once Saved Always Saved Just a License to Sin as Much as I Want to?

Reactions
132,366 11,265 1,109
Alleybux
Is once saved always saved just a license to sin as much as I want to? Is the doctrine of eternal security (once saved always saved) just some way for us to justify that because God has saved us, we now have the liberty or license to sin as much as we want and STILL go to heaven? This is a question that many people who question the doctrine of once saved always saved have asked. So in this video I'll give you 4 things to consider and 3 very important reasons why this question is extremely important to answer as it relates to the topic of once saved always saved.

FKA Melaninhevi
Reactions
57,386 784 223
Alleybux
i'm responding to the title & what you have written in the OP. no time or desire to watch the video.

but thanks for making me pull out my old calvinist cap on this good friday, i suppose. i've been estranged from the faith for so long it almost feels hypocritical. but:

"shall we continue in sin so that grace my abound? God forbid!"-paul

people who believe eternity security is "a license to sin freely" either don't understand the doctrine, don't understand how grievous sin is to God, and/or don't understand the sacrifice made at the cross.

salvation isn't merely about "going to heaven." it's about a restored relationship with God, right here, right now.

and when we die--you don't just "not get hell." you get to see your faith made sight by being in the presence of the One who gave His life that we might be eternally adopted into his family.

heaven is not the point. God is.

i don't follow piper anymore, but that one question he asked about "whether we would be satisfied to get to heaven and see all of our lost loved ones in joy and peace, if God weren't there?" is still ever poignant.

The Light
Reactions
4,656 223 97
Alleybux
i'm responding to the title & what you have written in the OP. no time or desire to watch the video.

but thanks for making me pull out my old calvinist cap on this good friday, i suppose. i've been estranged from the faith for so long it almost feels hypocritical. but:

"shall we continue in sin so that grace my abound? God forbid!"-paul

people who believe eternity security is "a license to sin freely" either don't understand the doctrine, don't understand how grievous sin is to God, and/or don't understand the sacrifice made at the cross.

salvation isn't merely about "going to heaven." it's about a restored relationship with God, right here, right now.

and when we die--you don't just "not get hell." you get to see your faith made sight by being in the presence of the One who gave His life that we might be eternally adopted into his family.

heaven is not the point. God is.

i don't follow piper anymore, but that one question he asked about "whether we would be satisfied to get to heaven and see all of our lost loved ones in joy and peace, if God weren't there?" is still ever poignant.
Well for someone who is estranged to faith you have more knowledge about it than a lot of Christians. I already knew what you said (because I've started to read the Bible chronologically) but you wrote it nicely so thank you.

I guess I'll add that, the point for Christians is God , but also to be like Jesus, Christians are called to be like Him so that others can see God through them. So if you keep on sinning how will other people see that God can help people change for the better ?

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

America in the Biden-Harris Era Tarot Tea Thread III
She's still getting dragged 24 hours later. i see other stupid progressives are defending her saying she has her right of saying of what she...
Bhad Bhabie responds to y’all for saying she’s too young for only fans.
I like somewhat feel bad because her name is tarnished so nobody would hire her. She has to do onlyfans at this point. She still a kid tho
  • Poll
Black woman goes on mini rant, says she gonna support Asian nail shops no matter what! “They...
Some Negros will be left behind It's always been that way People are laughing at your comment, but it's more sad than funny. These women are...
The DF: Charles has only met Archie twice.
When will the leaks stop? That is the real question here... It won't but they will act like the Sussexes leak even though the opposite has been...
Toronto /Canada Gossip...
Haters nah. People are allowed to have different opinions, she’s not good looking to some us and if you think she is that your opinion. Hi...
Russell & Ciara Wilson: The Wilson's Appreciation Thread XLIII
I could live on their property and they wouldn't even notice I'm there. Let me start packing chile
Missouri nurse who planned to move to NYC this summer was punched in the face and is planning...
Imagine letting these bums intimidate you into blowing your bag lol. They must live in the burbs of St. Louis or this chick is very sheltered...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
So Amhara said this? I was trying to figure out why heaven got kicked out of the room. I thought heaven was part of the Sam bito crew. Amhara...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
Oh that was very real and very telling. From Jeremy biting his tongue and holding back everytime she mentioned their "relationship" to him saying...
Top Bottom