Sanctuary forum - whats been bothering me

Reactions
25,423 3,239 2,971
Alleybux
This has been on my mind. I have seen a few posts of Twitter. The replies are usually something that waters down the Religion. Although I haven't attended Church in awhile (pandemic plus anxiety), I would never justify not attending church. One reply was Church doesn't matter at all and its all about prayer and prayer alone. But what happened to works confession charity and community. This is why Catholicism and Orthodoxy is more appealing to me everyday.

Obeah Woman
Reactions
221,553 2,401 632
Alleybux
This has been on my mind. I have seen a few posts of Twitter. The replies are usually something that waters down the Religion. Although I haven't attended Church in awhile (pandemic plus anxiety), I would never justify not attending church.

One reply was Church doesn't matter at all and its all about prayer and prayer alone. But what happened to works confession charity and community. This is why Catholicism and Orthodoxy is more appealing to me everyday.
Protestants do believe in attending church. Do"...not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." [Hebrews 10:25, NIV]. We also believe that "wherever two or three are gathered, there I am in the midst" [Matthew 18:20, KJV]. We also believe in doing following the Word of God so most of our churches offer food, clothing and resources for housing as Jesus commanded "feed my sheep." [John 21:17]. We don't attend church out of duty. We do it with thankfulness, to gather together, glorify God, praise, worship and equip ourselves in changing our thoughts, words and behaviors to be more like Christ.

Everybody is on their own journey of sanctification. Some believers have backslid, are in crisis or experienced immense pain and betrayal from their churches. We can pray for their repentance and continued spiritual growth. We can also pray that they submit to the Holy Spirit which will lead them to a Bible teaching church.

Almost all churches are online during the time of Covid. So start with visiting the website of the last church you attended, the sermons are likely there. Or do a search of churches nearby your home. Their sermons, Bible studies and other events are also likely online. You may be drawn to churches with extensive writeups about their community-facing ministries on the website.

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Was Jayne Mansfield a Satanic Witch?!?
You tell me.. I want to say this was more like cosplay and Jayne was a bit of an attention seeker after her career peaked and she resorted to...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
However, about 20 pages back or so someone attached a photo of the same view taken on someone else’s Instagram...I believe it was posted on the...
Why are women not sympathetic to REAL trans women's plight
We're in OUR space. You are the one attempting to exclude, therefore you are flexing power. How the fuck was I supposed to know this place was a...
Why Do Democrats Infantilize Us So Much
Because we infantilize ourselves. This. No other group is out here accepting bare minimum when it comes to policy or compromising on what they...
Allyiahsface Discussion
Random but Is veet better than nair? I’ve only used nair until it burned up my skin smh - I hear a lot of people say they use veet though I’m...
Asian Celebs LXXVI
They really have my nephew out here in Dream doing Pinkfong ABC music...? SooMan, you monster. This song isn't going to do Baby Shark 8+...
At What Age Do You Stop/Stopped Eating Ice Cream
I still eat ice cream and I still crave it at times as well. At one point i was even craving ice cream heavily and I even found myself getting ice...
Top Bottom