Sanctuary forum - whats been bothering me

Liberalism is debauchery and hypocrisy
Reactions
25,530 3,254 3,009
Alleybux
This has been on my mind. I have seen a few posts of Twitter. The replies are usually something that waters down the Religion. Although I haven't attended Church in awhile (pandemic plus anxiety), I would never justify not attending church. One reply was Church doesn't matter at all and its all about prayer and prayer alone. But what happened to works confession charity and community. This is why Catholicism and Orthodoxy is more appealing to me everyday.

Obeah Woman
Reactions
230,780 2,805 710
Alleybux
This has been on my mind. I have seen a few posts of Twitter. The replies are usually something that waters down the Religion. Although I haven't attended Church in awhile (pandemic plus anxiety), I would never justify not attending church.

One reply was Church doesn't matter at all and its all about prayer and prayer alone. But what happened to works confession charity and community. This is why Catholicism and Orthodoxy is more appealing to me everyday.
Protestants do believe in attending church. Do"...not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." [Hebrews 10:25, NIV]. We also believe that "wherever two or three are gathered, there I am in the midst" [Matthew 18:20, KJV]. We also believe in doing following the Word of God so most of our churches offer food, clothing and resources for housing as Jesus commanded "feed my sheep." [John 21:17]. We don't attend church out of duty. We do it with thankfulness, to gather together, glorify God, praise, worship and equip ourselves in changing our thoughts, words and behaviors to be more like Christ.

Everybody is on their own journey of sanctification. Some believers have backslid, are in crisis or experienced immense pain and betrayal from their churches. We can pray for their repentance and continued spiritual growth. We can also pray that they submit to the Holy Spirit which will lead them to a Bible teaching church.

Almost all churches are online during the time of Covid. So start with visiting the website of the last church you attended, the sermons are likely there. Or do a search of churches nearby your home. Their sermons, Bible studies and other events are also likely online. You may be drawn to churches with extensive writeups about their community-facing ministries on the website.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
I see ppl like Keesha everyday at my job.. I also TOLD ASHLI HER AZZ BETTER KEEP A PAPER TRAIL OF EVERY FKN THING SHE DOES. CAUSE SUNNY , I MEAN...
  • Poll
PORSHA fans ONLY... are these butt shots, fat transfer or implants in this photo?
Anything would look better than what she got. Kenya ass doesn't look like it belongs on her body. Did you see the comments people made about her...
Heavy 12th house?
You have hidden (unconscious) esoteric gifts. Chances are you have prolific and prophetic dreams and can astral travel, if the rest of your chart...
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
I think it would lose air and she would pump it up. The lumps might be due to it slipping, maybe there are layers of bumps in there. Bizarro...
In the Heights is Bombing at the Box Office
I’m a sucker for a musical regardless how bad it is so I will be watching. The thing I noticed about movies/shows with a majority of a Latino cast...
As a trans woman i dont want a heterosexual man
I bet you thought you really did something lol i never see trans girls doing this rude and stupid shit to yall lol you're big mad. Big mad about...
But I also think he is trying to not make the same mistakes. He told me that he ends up hurting everyone he gets close to, and we said we're going...
Top Bottom