Quantcast

Saweetie and Doja Cat Deliver A Tragic Performance at the #TrillerFightClub

Camry

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,939 654 206
Alleybux
I noticed her PR team is working hard to scrub the internet of this performance. When is someone going to be real with Saweetie that she has no talent? She needs to model or be a strictly studio artist

TerrorTubby

Terrorizing the girls, one tea spill at a time!
Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
She’s too multi faceted with her image which makes her image too ambiguous. This happen even with Rihanna at the start but she settled on “bad gal Riri” image which help her create a strong core fan base. (This really happen by the third album)

Tinashe is all over the place and doesn’t have one selling point which makes it hard to support her art like that.

Doja needs to focus on the e-girl nerdy vibe I think that’s her strongest selling point that separates her from the others. (In my opinion)

-
I’m saying this as a somewhat fan of Doja.
This is why I say, until she can pick up her identity as a individual artist, she will never be a top girl. Only a artist that does relatively successful. A lot of her diehard fans feel the realize, that her versatility, doesn’t make up for her lack of identity and persona. And persona is where Megan the stallion thrives

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
"all that's missing is stans." Doja has no fans. No one is stanning her, making edits of her, etc. Thats how you know she has no potential to be in the pop game. She'll be a hasbeen soon enough.
Her fans don’t want to admit, that the tinychat controversy actually did kind of hurt her. Because, at the end of the day, she’s considered urban because she’s a black woman. Biracial or not. The controversy made her lose about 65 to 70% of the black support she originally had. Black/Urban support isn’t fickle like white support is for Black/Urban artists (i.e., why Chris Brown is still relevant). This is why she’s now trying to go pop. But as a popstar, you need your own persona to sell. And white people need to LOVE you. She doesn’t have a persona, she can only just give good performances and temporary popcorn music. But her diehard fans are on the delusional side so there’s no’s speaking logic with them.

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,823 21,299 10,690
Alleybux
This is why I say, until she can pick up her identity as a individual artist, she will never be a top girl. Only a artist that does relatively successful. A lot of her diehard fans feel the realize, that her versatility, doesn’t make up for her lack of identity and persona. And persona is where Megan the stallion thrives
1618883696119.jpeg

A lot of celebs mess up on this too... not just Tinashe, but she’s a good example on this. Britney Spears always been consistent (music wise) that’s why she has a strong fanbase.

Miley Cyrus messed this up and that’s why she isn’t really a superstar despite almost being there.

Selena Gomez can be mediocre because she stays in her music lane, and thats why she can sell as much as she does despite having nearly zero talent.

Last edited:

Empathic1

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,307 48 31
Alleybux
1. Why in the HELL would a "rapper" need to lipsync?
2. Why did she leave in the middle of the performance?
3. What is a triller fight club?

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
Her fans don’t want to admit, that the tinychat controversy actually did kind of hurt her. Because, at the end of the day, she’s considered urban because she’s a black woman. Biracial or not. The controversy made her lose about 65 to 70% of the black support she originally had. Black/Urban support isn’t fickle like white support is for Black/Urban artists (i.e., why Chris Brown is still relevant). This is why she’s now trying to go pop. But as a popstar, you need your own persona to sell. And white people need to LOVE you. She doesn’t have a persona, she can only just give good performances and temporary popcorn music. But her diehard fans are on the delusional side so there’s no’s speaking logic with them.
How did it hurt her but she outcharts her peers?

Which of the other rap girlies besides Cardi has had a top 10 debut or a top 10 hit this year?

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
How did it hurt her but she outcharts her peers?

Which of the other rap girlies besides Cardi has had a top 10 debut or a top 10 hit this year?
Streets charted due to the Silhouette Challenge on Tiktok. Once the challenge died down, the song started, and still is, falling on the charts.

Cyber xes, Rules, So High flopped commercially.

Say So and KMM, are pop records. Say So was a hit, theres no denying that. KMM, is the start of her transition into pop because every Hip-Hop collab she has had since the controversy has been commercially disappointing. Not to mention, KMM only debuting at #7 as a follow up yo a smash hit like Say So. Doja Cat fans better hope that KMM peaks to #1, because that type of underwhelming debut, as a follow up to a smash hit, would be considered disappointing commercially if it was any other artist that is trying to be branded as a “top” girl.

BFF with Saweetie finally peaked on the charts, but that was after a heavy Telsa giveaway sweepstakes and heavy TikTok and PR promo by Saweetie (not to mention the Quavo incident). It’s still hasnt performed as well as her pop records.

The majority of Hip-Hop and “Urban” music consumers are people of color, particularly Black. The controversy did hurt her rising popularity among her Black audience (overall - there’s still black people who support her. But for the most part, her name leaves a sour taste in Black ppl’s mouth now), so now she is catering to her white, pop audience.

Its’s really not that hard of a concept to understand or see. It’s actually really blatant when you pay attention to the way her team is rebranding her.

Cardi is a top girly commerically. Meg is on her way to becoming a top girl, she’s being hand-picked by the industry, hence her Grammy wins. Doja Cat WAS supposed to be where Meg is right now, she was supposed to get those Grammys. And before summer of 2020, when that controversy happened, she was being marketed to be the next top girl behind Cardi B. You know what ruined that? Her loss of black support. Do you know what caused that loss of support? The Tinychat controversy.

And like I said we’re not even going to mention the controversy behind her working with Dr. Luke, or her saying “fa***ot”. Doja needs to work on her media training, and her maturity level before she can ever be considered top girl. Because she is too problematic too early on. On a business and marketing level that is not good.

Last edited:

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
Streets charted due to the Silhouette Challenge on Tiktok. Once the challenge died down, the song started, and still is, falling on the charts.

Cyber xes, Rules, So High flopped commercially.

Say So and KMM, are pop records. Say So was a hit, theres no denying that. KMM, is the start of her transition into pop because every Hip-Hop collab she has had since the controversy has been commercially disappointing. Not to mention, KMM only debuting at #7 as a follow up yo a smash hit like Say So. Doja Cat fans better hope that KMM peaks to #1, because that type of underwhelming debut, as a follow up to a smash hit, would be considered disappointing commercially if it was any other artist that is trying to be branded as a “top” girl.

BFF with Saweetie finally peaked on the charts, but that was after a heavy Telsa giveaway sweepstakes and heavy TikTok and PR promo by Saweetie (not to mention the Quavo incident). It’s still hasnt performed as well as her pop records.

The majority of Hip-Hop and “Urban” music consumers are people of color, particularly Black. The controversy did hurt her rising popularity among her Black audience (overall - there’s still black people who support her. But for the most part, her name leaves a sour taste in Black ppl’s mouth now), so now she is catering to her white, pop audience.

Its’s really not that hard of a concept to understand or see. It’s actually really blatant when you pay attention to the way her team is rebranding her.

Cardi is a top girly commerically. Meg is on her way to becoming a top girl, she’s being hand-picked by the industry, hence her Grammy wins. Doja Cat WAS supposed to be where Meg is right now, she was supposed to get those Grammys. And before summer of 2020, when that controversy happened, she was being marketed to be the next top girl behind Cardi B. You know what ruined that? Her loss of black support. Do you know what caused that loss of support? The Tinychat controversy.

And like I said we’re not even going to mention the controversy behind her working with Dr. Luke, or her saying “fa***ot”. Doja needs to work on her media training, and her maturity level before she can ever be considered top girl. Because she is too problematic too early on. On a business and marketing level that is not good.
Meg has no top 10 entries from Good News sans Savage. Meanwhile Doja debuted at number 7 with Kiss Me More this week.

I’m not understanding your logic that KMM had a disappointing debut but Meg hasn’t been able to squeeze any hits from Good News following WAP?

What’s up with that?

Last edited:

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
Meg has no top 10 entries from Good News sans Savage. Meanwhile Doja debuted at number 7 with Kiss Me More this week.

I’m not understanding your logic that KMM had a disappointing debut but Meg hasn’t been able to squeeze any hits from Good News following WAP?

What’s up with that?
You do know that KMM is from a new album rollout right? So if we’re using that logic, Meg had Savage from Good News, Doja had Say So from Hot Ponk. Megan still hasn’t had her new album to promote her “KMM” like single yet. So what are you talking about. Nine out of 10 though, her new album probably will do very well, considering that her boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine, is Cardi B‘s producer and songwriter.

Secondly, where did Megan come into this conversation? The only thing I mentioned about Megan, was to reiterate why and exemplify how Doja Cat has lost her urban support. And to prove how this loss has caused her a setback in her maerktning into the industry, hence the Grammy snub. where did Megan’s songs come into this conversation? That still doesn’t change the fact that Megan is being hand picked by the industry over Doja, as a response to Doja’s controversy. So I have no idea what your point was there.

Sidenote, that’s another thing I hate about Doja Cat fans. Y’all have this weird obsession of downing other female artists, to big up Doja. It’s very weird energy. Instead of just acknowledging that Doja Cat was wrong in that situation, and she needs to take accountability for her actions.

Last edited:

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
You do know that KMM is from a new album rollout right? So if we’re using that logic, Meg had Savage from Good News, Doja had Say So from Hot Ponk. Megan still hasn’t had her new album to promote her “KMM” like single yet. So what are you talking about. Nine out of 10 though, her new album probably will do very well, considering that her boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine, is Cardi B‘s producer and songwriter.

Secondly, where did Megan come into this conversation? The only thing I mentioned about Megan, was to reiterate why and exemplify how Doja Cat has lost her urban support. And to prove how this loss has caused her a setback in her maerktning into the industry, hence the Grammy snub. where did Megan’s songs come into this conversation? That still doesn’t change the fact that Megan is being hand picked by the industry over Doja, as a response to Doja’s controversy. So I have no idea what your point was there.

Sidenote, that’s another thing I hate about you Doja Cat fans. Y’all have this weird obsession of downing other female artists, too big up Doja. It’s very weird energy. Instead of just acknowledging that Doja Cat was wrong in that situation, and she needs to take accountability for her actions.
You brought up Meg that’s how she entered the conversation. I actually like Meg’s persona but you saying KMM was disappointing doesn’t make sense when it out performed debuts from her peers.

I still haven’t seen a concrete argument supporting the fact that her black support has waned. It’s all conjecture underscored by her continued success.

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
You brought up Meg that’s how she entered the conversation. I actually like Meg’s persona but you saying KMM was disappointing doesn’t make sense when it out performed debuts from her peers.

I still haven’t seen a concrete argument supporting the fact that her black support has waned. It’s all conjecture underscored by her continued success.
So once again, I said that as a follow up to a smash hit like Say So, for KMM to debut at #7, instead of in the Top 3 on Billboard is disappointing. If Cardi B’s Bartier Cardi, bebuted like that, after Bodak Yellow, it would have been considered commercially disappointing, considering, at that time, she was being branded to be the top rap girl. But instead, Bartier Cardi debuted at #1. The same thing should have happened for KMM, especially since Doja is being marketed as a top rap and pop girl. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t have debuted it at #1, if she is being branded as the top crossover girl. So obviously, her fan base must not be as big, or strong, as her fans think it is. But that’s what happen when you go into pop, the white fan base audience is fickle. ESPECIALLY to Black female artists.

If you haven’t seen the backing of what I told you above, about the controversy affecting her, you’re blatantly ignoring it. Because it’s very obvious. Like extremely obvious. They’re rebranding her as a pop girl because they know she won’t be as successful as a hip-hop girl, because of her loss of black support.

And lastly, as I said before, Megan was brought up only to reiterate the fact that she is being handpicked by the industry to be a top rap girl. Hence her Grammy wins. Doja was originally picked to be that top industry picked girl, but then the controversy happened. That was the only point of bringing Megan up. I never compared her to Doja, music wise. But that’s what you’re doing. And it’s very weird. Especially when you consider that they make two different types of genres of music.

Last edited:

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
So once again, I said that as a follow up to a smash hit like Say So, for KMM to debut at #7, instead of in the Top 3 on Billboard is disappointing. If Cardi B’s Bartier Cardi, bebuted like that, after Bodak Yellow, it would have been considered commercially disappointing, considering, at that time, she was being branded to be the top rap girl. But instead, Bartier Cardi debuted at #1. The same thing should have happened for KMM, especially since Doja is being marketed as a top rap and pop girl. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t have debuted it at #1, if she is being branded as the top crossover girl. So obviously, her fan base must not be as big, or strong, as her fans think it is. But that’s what happen when you go into pop, the white fan base audience is fickle. ESPECIALLY to Black female artists.

If you haven’t seen the backing of what I told you above, about the controversy affecting her, you’re blatantly ignoring it. Because it’s very obvious. Like extremely obvious. They’re rebranding her as a pop girl because they know she won’t be as successful as a hip-hop girl, because of her loss of black support.

And lastly, as I said before, Megan was brought up only to reiterate the fact that she is being handpicked by the industry to be a top rap girl. Hence her Grammy wins. Doja was originally picked to be that top industry picked girl, but then the controversy happened. That was the only point of bringing Megan up. I never compared her to Doja, music wise. But that’s what you’re doing. And it’s very weird. Especially when you consider that they make two different types of genres of music.
I disagree that it was a disappointing debut. Cardi’s billboard success is an anomaly. It debuted at 7 and has room to climb.
To your point about comparisons, I see you’re comparing Cardi to Doja when they don’t have the same musical style either. By your words, that’s weird right lol.
You don’t see how you’re contradicting your points? You introduced her to the conversation, I made the next logical step. I'm sure in this thread they are mentioned in tandem often. They are peers and it's logical to do so. It doesn't have to be inflammatory and it's weird you're triggered by that to be honest.

It’s ok though. I don’t have anything else to add to this topic.
There is nothing to substantiate your argument.

Last edited:

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
I disagree that it was a disappointing debut. Cardi’s billboard success is an anomaly. It debuted at 7 and has room to climb.
To your point about comparisons, I see you’re comparing Cardi to Doja when they don’t have the same musical style either. By your words, that’s weird right lol.
You don’t see how you’re contradicting your points?

It’s ok. I don’t have anything else to add to this topic.
An anomaly? So then what about when Migos commercially debuted with Culture (the first album they released when signed to a major label)? Ariana Grande? Taylor Swift? Bruno? All of them had a follow up #1 debuted songs, after their initial #1 hit. Hell, even Chris Brown during his Exclusive album era, before the controversy with Rihanna, which lead to halt in his rising popularity from the songs Forever and With You. And this was before the era of streaming and number inflation. I think at this point you’re choosing to either be ignorant to what’s obvious, or your making excuses.

So name your artist that is easy to compare Doja to. What I’m doing right now is comparing her to hip-hop artists that have crossover appeal. Megan doesn’t have crossover/pop appeal, but Cardi B does. Hence the comparison. So, actually, no its not contradiction. They make similar sounding music. Megan and Doja, does not. The only difference from Cardi is, Doja Cat sings, while Cardi B can rap in Spanish.

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
An anomaly? So then what about when Migos commercially debuted with Culture (the first album they released when signed to a major label)? Ariana Grande? Taylor Swift? Bruno? All of them had a follow up #1 debuted songs, after their initial #1 hit. Hell, even Chris Brown during his Exclusive album era, before the controversy with Rihanna, which lead to halt in his rising popularity from the songs Forever and With You. And this was before the era of streaming and number inflation. I think at this point you’re choosing to either be ignorant to what’s obvious, or your making excuses.

So name your artist that is easy to compare Doja to. What I’m doing right now is comparing her to hip-hop artists that have crossover appeal. Megan doesn’t have crossover/pop appeal, but Cardi B does. Hence the comparison. So, actually, no its not contradiction. They make similar sounding music. Megan and Doja, does not. The only difference from Cardi is, Doja Cat sings, while Cardi B can rap in Spanish.
Yes Cardi is an anomaly of her genre, female hip hop artists with crossover appeal. Name two more of the like who debuted at number 1 following a number 1.

Can you refute that? You can’t.

Which is why I called her an anomaly.

Last edited:

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
Yes Cardi is an anomaly of her genre, female hip hop artists with crossover appeal. Name two more of the like who hadebuted number 1 following a number 1.

Can you refute that? You can’t.

Which is why I called her an anomaly.
But you wanted a closer comparison to Doja Cat right? In regards to appeal and crossover ability? And music? That would be Cardi. So if Doja is marketed to a non-Latin, Pop verisom of Cardi, especially as a racially ambiguous woman, by appearance. She should be performing similarly to how Cardi was during her debut, in the Pop market. The difference between the two, is that Cardi has a large urban fanbase thats strong in supporting her, Doja does not. Cardi’s start to fame via social media was off of her outlandish, but funny, behavior. So that’s why controversy doesn’t affect Cardi B. She thrives on it, because she started from controversy and being known as unfiltered. But her humor connects with an urban audience, so her fan support is strong.

Doja’s humor comes off as weird and immature to the vast majority of consumers. People who are E-girls (Internet girls) like her can relate, but the vast majority cannot. On top of, the racial self hating, atmosphere of the controversy? That affected her urban support significantly. Not to mention, unlike Cardi B, she does not get the privilege of having a relatable personality, because of the extent of her weirdness that was exposed.

Last edited:

jijii

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
77 3 6
Alleybux
If Cardi B’s Bartier Cardi, bebuted like that, after Bodak Yellow, it would have been considered commercially disappointing, considering, at that time, she was being branded to be the top rap girl. But instead, Bartier Cardi debuted at #1.
This is a straight-up lie. Bartier Cardi peaked at number 14 and never even entered the top 10.

Cardi didn't get another number 1 until after her album came out, with "I Like It."

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
This is a straight-up lie. Bartier Cardi peaked at number 14 and never even entered the top 10.

Cardi didn't get another number 1 until after her album came out, with "I Like It."
Bartier Cardi debuted as gold?? It broke records. What are you talking about? It went platinum in under a month. Then I like it, and be careful, came out and solidified her spot in #1. Not to mention, her pregnancy reveal. so once again, why can’t Doja do that same commercially? Especially if she’s this top girl like y’all claim, and she’s crossing over to pop, which has a WAAAYYYYY bigger consumer market.

jonesy22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,121 1,263 1,039
Alleybux
Bartier Cardi debuted as gold?? What are you talking about? It went platinum in under a month. Then I like it, and be careful, came out and solidified her spot in #1. Not to mention, her pregnancy reveal. so once again, why can’t Doja do that same commercially? Especially if she’s this top girl like y’all claim.
You’re back to contradicting yourself. You said it went number 1.
I made no claims to Doja. I said she was still successful following the controversy and you aren’t able to substantiate the effect it had.

Also, Be Careful (really liked that song) peaked at 11...
Which underscores the fact that a #7 debut isn’t disappointing.

Last edited:

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
You’re back to contradicting yourself. You said it went number 1.
I made no claims to Doja. I said she was still successful following the controversy and you aren’t able to substantiate the effect it had.
I already have multiple times. Then once I gave you support with what I stated, and you didn’t want to accept it, you brought up Megan and how she hasn’t had a #1 since Savage. When Megan’s music, wasn’t even the topic of conversation.

Once again, when Barter Cardi debuted, it debuted with a GOLD CERTIFICATION. meaning it had already sold/surpassed 500,000. I misspoke about it going #1, I confused is debut with ‘I like it’. But the point still stands. The single, which is probably the worst single on the album, debuted it with a large amount of support and success. Something KMM has yet to do.

Even now, on YouTube, The views for KMM can’t even get to 30 million after being out for two weeks. That’s not good for someone who’s trying to go pop. And the song was made for the visual. Especially when it’s following up a smash hit like Say So? Hell, even ‘Like That’ music video pulled more views in its first week of release, then KMM and its been almost 2 weeks now. And I know that for fact, because I remember checking every few days, the views to that video, to see how like that was performing, after the whole Tinychat controversy happened. The song was released the same month it happened. So where is the contradiction? Where is the lack of claims? The proof is already showing itself.

BTW - Be Careful, chart performance, never reached #1. But, Cardi B saw success with the single, because she performed that song on SNL, while announcing her pregnancy. That was the song’s debut. That gave her the publicity she needed to solidify her number one spot as the top girl. By that point, she already had multiple #1 hits, under her belt, and she was already making her mark in the industry with her support. That was also the beginning of the Nicki vs Cardi drama.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

I am the prize
Reaction score
Reactions
13,917 2,071 4,437
Alleybux
I noticed her PR team is working hard to scrub the internet of this performance. When is someone going to be real with Saweetie that she has no talent? She needs to model or be a strictly studio artist

There is always the untouchable deep-web, also known as the dark-web. That embarrassing performance is here to stay and will keep resurfacing.

jijii

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
77 3 6
Alleybux
Bartier Cardi debuted as gold?? It broke records. What are you talking about? It went platinum in under a month. Then I like it, and be careful, came out and solidified her spot in #1. Not to mention, her pregnancy reveal. so once again, why can’t Doja do that same commercially? Especially if she’s this top girl like y’all claim, and she’s crossing over to pop, which has a WAAAYYYYY bigger consumer market.
For whatever reason, you decided to compare Cardi to Doja, and said that “Bartier Cardi” debuted at number 1 after the success of “Bodak Yellow.” That just isn’t true, since the song didn’t even reach the top ten. As a matter of fact, none of Cardi’s singles debuted at number one until “WAP”! So I’m not sure why you expected Doja to debut with a number 1 within a year of going mainstream when Cardi couldn’t even do it (and “Bodak Yellow” was much, much bigger than “Say So” and had more lasting cultural impact).

So by this same metric, yes, a top 7 debut for KMM is incredibly impressive and is proof of her ability to bounce back after a potentially career-ending scandal. Clearly, you don’t like Doja, and you’re expecting her to pull Taylor Swift/Bruno Mars/Justin Bieber-level numbers even though she’s not even there yet. From my view, it looks like she’s gradually getting bigger with each release. She’ll be fine.

Last edited:

TerrorTubby

Reaction score
Reactions
60,130 2,151 1,022
Alleybux
For whatever reason, you decided to compare Cardi to Doja, and said that “Bartier Cardi” debuted at number 1 after the success of “Bodak Yellow.” That just isn’t true, since the song didn’t even reach the top ten. As a matter of fact, none of Cardi’s singles debuted at number one until “WAP”! So I’m not sure why you expected Doja to debut with a number 1 within a year of going mainstream when Cardi couldn’t even do it (and “Bodak Yellow” was much, much bigger than “Say So” and had more lasting cultural impact).

So by this same metric, yes, a top 7 debut for KMM is incredibly impressive and is proof of her ability to bounce back after a potentially career-ending scandal. Clearly, you don’t like Doja, and you’re expecting her to pull Taylor Swift/Bruno Mars/Justin Bieber-level numbers even though she’s not even there yet. From my view, it looks like she’s gradually getting bigger with each release. She’ll be fine.
There is no “clearly I dislike Doja”. I can care more or less about her. I was just stating the reality of how her controversy has affected her black support. Because it has. The majority of her Fanbase now is white, because she is trying to cater to a Pop audience. She’s trying to cater to a Pop audience, because she won’t be a successful as a hip-hop artist anymore because of that loss of support.

But that’s fine, I’m done arguing and going back-and-forth with Doja stans. Especially in a thread that was meant to talk sh!t about Saweetie. Let’s see how long KMM lasts in the top 10, especially after The Weeknd releases his remix with Ariana Grande is Friday. When Doja is able to match the success of Say So again, I will then, believe she will be fine.

Judas

Deadly Nightshade.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,532 4,197 3,801
Alleybux
There is no “clearly I dislike Doja”. I can care more or less about her. I was just stating the reality of how her controversy has affected her black support. Because it has. The majority of her Fanbase now is white, because she is trying to cater to a Pop audience. She’s trying to cater to a Pop audience, because she won’t be a successful as a hip-hop artist anymore because of that loss of support.

But that’s fine, I’m done arguing and going back-and-forth with Doja stans. Especially in a thread that was meant to talk sh!t about Saweetie. Let’s see how long KMM lasts in the top 10, especially after The Weeknd releases his remix with Ariana Grande is Friday. When Doja is able to match the success of Say So again, I will then, believe she will be fine.

but is she not already on her way to matching Say So's success with Kiss Me More? the song was just released and SYT remix isn't going to suddenly kick Kiss Me More out of the Top 10.
you Megan stans want Doja to be over so bad lmao. Megan's latest collabs have all flopped, worry about that.

skyhi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,347 290 154
Alleybux

I don't wanna jump into an argument but I'm gonna anyways. Bartier Cardi didn't debut at number 1. She debuted #14.

efilneetevol

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,835 87 32
Alleybux

Why do you feel like she’s being rebranded? Hot Pink had a pop song that was successful, so they chose a radio friendly pop song for the Planet her lead. Streets (R&B) took off after her controversy. Best Friend (rap) is doing well too. I definitely think things were rough for her in the months following her controversy, but she seems to have bounced back by almost every metric. Another Say So level smash was never guaranteed - controversy or not.

Doja herself has said the album will feature a variety of genres, which is no different from Hot Pink.

and for what it’s worth, almost every Doja fan I know is a person of color and I mostly see black YouTubers discussing her (positively) as well. I think the public opinion of her has turned again. I definitely agree that Meg has more of a push though.

sfdiva

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,340 1,031 1,437
Alleybux

100%. I think this is why she is doubling down on pop. They don't seem to get pop is a harder game.

sfdiva

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,340 1,031 1,437
Alleybux
Why do you feel like she’s being rebranded? Hot Pink had a pop song that was successful, so they chose a radio friendly pop song for the Planet her lead. Streets (R&B) took off after her controversy. Best Friend (rap) is doing well too. I definitely think things were rough for her in the months following her controversy, but she seems to have bounced back by almost every metric. Another Say So level smash was never guaranteed - controversy or not.

Doja herself has said the album will feature a variety of genres, which is no different from Hot Pink.

and for what it’s worth, almost every Doja fan I know is a person of color and I mostly see black YouTubers discussing her (positively) as well. I think the public opinion of her has turned again. I definitely agree that Meg has more of a push though.

no... no rational person can sidestep how weird that controversy was. if anything they might not know about it.

Reaction score
Reactions
6,181 489 71
Alleybux
Beautiful girl but music and performing isn’t her thing it sounds childish she doesn’t doesn’t have it and she gave this trash performance but On a vacation actin like she didn’t give us her worst

Whimsy Wise

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,722 460 606
Alleybux
thank you because I was trying to wrap my head around Nicki being a great performer. She’s either stiff or literally sitting down
Nicki has done a performance acapella and has a lot of charisma that these new girls don't have. You all love down playing Nicki on this site.

teapothot

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,068 473 82
Alleybux
Saweetie has been an “artist” long enough to not have these pathetic and struggle ass performances. She doesn’t work on her craft. She only cares about marketing. The thing is even though her lyrics are basic AF if her performances gave what they were supposed to give it wouldn’t be so bad. She stays portraying the “unbothered” because I get paid image. I wish she would be bothered by the fact that she is a musical joke. Her acting unbothered that her performances are so so so tragic is why people won’t stop dragging her. She needs to care that she can’t perform. Warner will never let her release an album. She is gonna be a mixtape bandit for life!

sera mun

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,041 7,801 1,348
Alleybux
100%. I think this is why she is doubling down on pop. They don't seem to get pop is a harder game.
Her sound is naturally pop but she hasn’t established her urban audience yet. Its easier to crossover when the hip hop industry is already behind you. I think it was SZA that called her the next Britney Spears, which is less than a pipe dream.

chunlii

pu$$y worth a benz truck
Reaction score
Reactions
21,216 125 127
Alleybux
is this the cassie thing everyone is talking about? this is way better than sweet tea