Quantcast

Saweetie Appreciation/Discussion/Tea Thread

Kalafy

Reaction score
Reactions
35,647 1,241 70
Alleybux
Saweetie is a class act here she is suggesting that Doja should be in the center of the group photo since it is HER album release party and not the girl in the orange who seems to be trying to steal the spotlight from her.

It looks like she has her back turned at the girl in the orange because that girl refuses to turn inward towards Doja cat.

E4wE6jTWUAARZw0

We all know you hate Ryan Destiny Greeneapples but stop reaching. No one was trying to steal anybody's spotlight.

Last edited:

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
I saw the sister's stories because someone posted it in another thread..she's petty af. They have both moved on and she should just leave the girl alone. That blog page shouldn't have reposted it either; it's just stirring the pot even further.

LustNLuxury

Afro-American Princess <3
Reaction score
Reactions
497,671 11,252 1,829
Alleybux
Saweetie is bad af and she knows it. I don’t blame Jack for trying.

I can’t imagine them dating, though. Lol.

Saweetie does not give “down with the swirl”. Lol.

LustNLuxury

Reaction score
Reactions
497,671 11,252 1,829
Alleybux

I liked this look better than her red carpet look and her red carpet look, looked better in motion.

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
I'm just going to say it: "Eew" @ Jăck Hąrlow. In the other thread on this topic, I agree with the font who said he's not as bad as Pôst Mălone but he still seems a bit....

Just no. * Insert the Dëmi Lóvąto "Get a Job Stay Away From Her" tweet here.* Lol. I've heard of him but had no idea he was a "rapper" until I saw he was nominated in that rap category at the BET awards. I now know he was on her one of remixes [didn't care much for the original so I didn't listen to the remix * Shrugs*]. So him introducing himself as if she didn't know him made the whole exchange seem "staged" (agree with another font who said this as well).

Last edited:

SarahCameron

no time for logical fallacies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,233 5,800 4,190
Alleybux

I liked this look better than her red carpet look and her red carpet look, looked better in motion.

i agree. i actually didn’t like her red carpet look much lol although she looked beautiful, the gold doesn’t compliment her skin.

and on the jack harlow topic, i don’t find him cute or whatever and yeah saweetie seems to be more into black men only but who knows.

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
Nah. He rolled up on sis and was flirting. That is not what “friends” do. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah. "Staged" or not this was... something. I saw the look they exchanged in the pics/clip too. He's just a bit cringe to me. But I am not her so...with that said I hope she finds a suitable young man that will treat her well whenever she decides to date again because the other dudes she's been linked with lately (Jāmes H, Drăco and whatever this dude is trying to do lol) aren't it. JMO though.

Safelyup

God is Good
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
244,651 35,949 54,824
Alleybux
Yeah. "Staged" or not this was... something. He's just a bit cringe to me. But I am not her so...with that said I hope she finds a suitable young man that will treat her well whenever she decides to date again because the other dudes she's been linked with lately (Jāmes H, Drăco and whatever this dude is trying to do lol) aren't it. JMO though.
He WAS SUPER cringey!!! and then he says he wasnt shooting his shot.. liar.

RussoBella

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,264 171 42
Alleybux
I think the clip of them at the awards was cute. Jack kinda fine so she better snag it. She might as well!

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
I just don't see the "fine" that a lot on here see. With that said, I wonder why he "backtracked." Her "Freaknik" party is coming up...it's going to be interesting to see who will be there.

Barbie and Bey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,815 6,027 1,471
Alleybux
This should be a fun song.

Side note: I have to give Saweetie her props, I mean dispute not being the best rapper she’s managed to work with legendary acts that a lot of the new girls in her genre haven’t been able to do yet.

SarahCameron

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,233 5,800 4,190
Alleybux
This should be a fun song.

Side note: I have to give Saweetie her props, I mean dispute not being the best rapper she’s managed to work with legendary acts that a lot of the new girls in her genre haven’t been able to do yet.

i’m here for this! i love salt n pepa and kash doll. i hope it’s gonna be a bop!

LustNLuxury

Reaction score
Reactions
497,671 11,252 1,829
Alleybux
i think it’s cute but for me it’s the makeup that i find off. it lowkey makes her look like a drag queen. she’s best w less makeup.

I agree. She’s already pretty with nice features. Too much make up does nothing for her.

RussoBella

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,264 171 42
Alleybux
I was expecting more for her birthday look. Like a cute dress or something. But if she likes it, then hey! I want to see some more footage of the cake, from a glimpse it looked huge.

Her birthday heels had to be at least 6-7 inches.

I hope she does something classy for her birthday too to see her in a nice gown or dinner.

Do you guys think she had a date or a boo thang for her birthday?

SarahCameron

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,233 5,800 4,190
Alleybux
I was expecting more for her birthday look. Like a cute dress or something. But if she likes it, then hey! I want to see some more footage of the cake, from a glimpse it looked huge.

Her birthday heels had to be at least 6-7 inches.

I hope she does something classy for her birthday too to see her in a nice gown or dinner.

Do you guys think she had a date or a boo thang for her birthday?

no clue but she danced w that guy.

LaShaye

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
10,271 211 2
Alleybux
This party was full of family and friends. Not a pretentious "industry" birthday party at all though a few folks from the "industry" rolled through. I love that she is very close/loyal to the ones that were there for her before the fame. She never celebrates without her family. The guy she danced with was probably not a love interest if I'm going on the folks that I saw there (old family friends and such).

LustNLuxury

Reaction score
Reactions
497,671 11,252 1,829
Alleybux
A great interview by Saweetie!

Here's the link.
Saweetie Wants You to See Her Sweat
I posted some highlights.

“I’m going to tell you the reason why I don’t have a strong stage presence: It’s because I’m not in tune with my body. I might be very feminine with my style, but I’m actually very masculine. I grew up as a tomboy. I could throw a football. I could smack a volleyball. I could outrun a lot of men. Now” — she says, laughing — “I can walk a mean walk!”

“This is the first time I’m releasing 17-plus songs. It’s a lot to live with. That’s a lot to consume,” she says. “In an era of ‘When’s the last classic album you’ve heard?,’ music is like toilet water: flushed in, flushed out, flushed in, flushed out. It’s either ‘You shittin’?’ or ‘You done shittin’?’”

“I’m an artistic girl,” Saweetie says. “And I think that in the beginning, that artisticness was suffocated. It was wilted like a flower.” That’s changed now — she is one of the few people who feel recharged after the last year. “In quarantine, I’ve been moisturized. I’ve been watered. I’ve been getting my sleep; I’ve been able to rejuvenate.” (She also broke up with her boyfriend of three years, Migos’ Quavo.) “I know what type of artist I want to be now.”

“I don’t like arrogance,” she says. “One day, I want to say, ‘I’m the best to ever do it.’ I can’t do that without identifying my weakness. I can’t do that without realizing what’s holding me back.”

“I’m really campaigning for pretty-b!tch summer,” she announces shortly after we sit down at the restaurant. To her that’s “not only about turning up, getting lit; it’s about handling your business at the same time, because my business never stops working.”

She does not want to talk about her breakup. After Saweetie agrees to answer one question about Quavo, her publicist intervenes, and she ends up answering none. “I think as a woman, it’s important for me to make a name for myself, and that can often be overshadowed,” Saweetie says finally. “As a Black rapper, I already internally struggled with my subindustry, meaning the urban world. So I think I’d like to focus on myself, and I’d like to focus on this million dollars that I’d like to make.”

She says it was a conversation with Cher that clarified Pretty b!tch Music’s future. The two are collaborating on a project she can’t talk about, and Saweetie says they had a deep discussion on set. “She gave me so much wisdom, and it made me really want to reflect and go back to my album and figure out what type of artist I’m going to be. She inspired me,” she says.

LustNLuxury

Reaction score
Reactions
497,671 11,252 1,829
Alleybux
“What’s fortunate and fascinating, but also so scary, about my brand is that people see the crossover,” she says, sipping her jazzed-up margarita. “Oftentimes, they want me to rush and hurry up and be a global superstar. But hip-hop is my base. I have to stay true to myself before I start experimenting with too many sounds.”

On Working with Dr.Luke. The interviewer tried to trip her up.

I ask Saweetie why she keeps working with him. There is first a long pause, then a clarification of sorts. “When I was put in the position to work with him, it was a bundle deal,” she says. “I had those songs for over two years. So what do you think? Do I compromise my artistry, do I keep them in the vault, or do I release them?” Both songs performed well for her.

Would she work with Dr. Luke again outside that deal, knowing everything she knows now? An even longer pause.

“What do you think?” she asks.

“I’m asking you,” I say.

“I’m asking you back,” she says firmly. “I think you have a good sense of my character by now.” I allow that it’s a tricky question for someone with a nascent career and high expectations.

“Hopefully,” says Saweetie, “we keep ourselves out of any controversial situation in the future.”