Scandal 5x17 - "Thwack!" 4-7-16

Velvet Rope

Twisted Elegance
Reaction score
Reactions
270,171 10,161 549
Alleybux
[MENTION=113253]NovaIsSaditty[/MENTION]

I think he laughed because as command you literally know all the happenings in the world and once he lifted his hand off of olivia, he knew someone was going to get her. the only reason olivia was able to get through life without a scratch is because of her father's protection, she has made A LOT of enemies through politics

bonitaapplebum

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,631 1,906 312
Alleybux
Why did I laugh at Andrew speaking? Lol

ETA: Cy is always a few steps ahead! I want Cyrus to negotiate my contracts in the future lol

Andrews ass needed to go. I wanted to hurt him when he asked for 20 Billion.

I think Cyrus met his match with the young latino bro. He's so cute lol
Watch Cy hubby take Ella with him. I won't even be mad cause at least he's shown to care about her :arrogant:

Fearless Leader

PreCRETHA Cagiano
Reaction score
Reactions
46,249 1,998 632
Alleybux
Abby had a OLivia messed up ,her head got to big after she fired Cyrus. Like girl, do you know who taught you how to swindle swirve? Olivia....Bow down Abby
she reduced Olivia to a #complete #Savage

#True #Power is in the #Pen

#Abby #b!tch slapped her by out smarting her.... she was out witted

Olivia has become the very bane of her existence

PettyBooop

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,177 29 15
Alleybux
LOL he's too whiny. And he ain't "foine." :arrogant:

:dead:

Y'all just be going in so hard on High Booty. How come nobody likes him? I think he's aiight. Why so much vitriol towards this man?

tumblr_nrfx433bAk1ti8d9io9_400.gif

gwenraiden

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,764 3,344 295
Alleybux
When Tom and Cyrus were laid up in bed, eating brownies, I thought to myself, "look at them getting crumbs all over the bed!"

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
Of course that crying breakdown was fake and she planned to kill him along. She's already tainted, what difference does it make? She called out those clean and concise orders with blood spattered on her face, gathered her suitcase and walked out. I fell in love with Liv again last night after 2 seasons of second hand embarrassment.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
excuse him for actually wanting to know what goes in his workplace? I'd be mad too if my co-workers treated me like some sort of filler worker

Right? There is nothing wrong with him asking those questions. I'm personally liking the fact that he is calling their asses out for being secretive.

longgoodbye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 139 73
Alleybux
This was one of the best episodes of Scandal I've seen in a long time.

Olivia was still recovering from the wounds of her kidnapping, and all Andrew did was throw salt on those wounds. She had a moment of temporary insanity. In the end, she was able to spin it in her favor.

CelebGossip

Sue me, I'm rooting for er'body that's black.
Reaction score
Reactions
212,561 6,069 2,529
Alleybux
I would disintegrate Abby's follicles. Clearly this b!tch forgot who had her back. I hate heauxes like this.

What kind of friend is Abby? Andrew had Liv kidnapped now she wanna pull rank and forget? I fµck!ng hate Abby. fµck her. We need a petition for her no lip ass to be killed off the show. She's useless.

fµck Andrew's stroke mouth ass. Glad he's dead, too.

NotHarrison is obviously ornamental and not functional.

Wait, so now Tom is gay and fµck!ng Cyrus? I can't.

Skyy Fox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,960 98 38
Alleybux
When Abby went back and played Liv I knew Liv was gonna pay her back tenfold.

I suspected Tom was gay. I know Cyrus husband is just playing a role but he's probably gonna backstab Cyrus for that bs.

PettyBooop

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,177 29 15
Alleybux
I just read this post in my email ( subscribed thread) and had to come in here and post my cackle. If Shonda reads nothing else here she should read this post. I mean I am CACKLING, do you hear me??? *dabs corner of eye*

I would disintegrate Abby's follicles. Clearly this b!tch forgot who had her back. I hate heauxes like this.

What kind of friend is Abby? Andrew had Liv kidnapped now she wanna pull rank and forget? I fµck!ng hate Abby. fµck her. We need a petition for her no lip ass to be killed off the show. She's useless.

fµck Andrew's stroke mouth ass. Glad he's dead, too.

NotHarrison is obviously ornamental and not functional.

Wait, so now Tom is gay and fµck!ng Cyrus? I can't.

Fearless Leader

PreCRETHA Cagiano
Reaction score
Reactions
46,249 1,998 632
Alleybux
didn't Huck, Jake, Fitz and allllllllll them muthafukkkas #FAIL TO #SAVE Olivia Pope when she was sold???

ABBY swooped in to save the day? She set up for her ex'fugggg buddy to save her!?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Cityscape

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,752 7 8
Alleybux
Welp seems everyone loved it... I feel like they've completely erased Liv's character-she was the classy operator that had her goons (huck and finn) do the dirty biz, now she's bashing in someone's head till the blood splatters...k
They've made her character so unlikeable to me. Yes I know anti-hero leads have been in fashion, but they usually have some angle that keeps you rooting for them=comedy, emotion, empathy etc, they've just made Liv into a Rowan robot , doing what her father supposedly programmed her for,I guess

She can never go back to fixing OPA Liv now, now they've made her a killer- I guess they want her to go full blacklist B613 and I found B613's storyline, their motivations and goal confusing and boring... guess I need to get with the programme and accept series 1/2 OPA and Liv is gone :dead:

Also how did Papa Pope and Jake go from Papa Pope being mad that Olivia chose 'those white boys' over him, and Jake taunting him about 'being inside' Olivia (ew), to them best buds with Jake as his adopted son?
Yes B613 agents were like Rowans creepy sons but after all this ish with Olivia and Jake trying to kill him, now Jake's sitting up in Rowan's house eating all his food? I'm trying but...

The only thing keeping me going is the cute Vargas bro and seeing what schemes Cyrus is up to :dead:

Fearless Leader

PreCRETHA Cagiano
Reaction score
Reactions
46,249 1,998 632
Alleybux
Welp seems everyone loved iti... I feel like they've completely erased Liv's character to embcarry any shocking story..she was the classy operator that had her goons (huck and finn) do the dirty biz, now she's bashing in someone's head... they've made her character so unlikeable to me.

She can never go back to fixing OPA Liv now, now they've made her a killer- I guess they want her to go full blacklist B613 and I found B613s motivations and goal confusing and boring... guess I need to get with the programme and accept series 1/2 OPA and Liv is gone :dead:

Also how did Papa Pope and Jake go from Papa Pope being mad that Olivia chose 'those white boys' over him, and Jake taunting him about 'being inside' Olivia (ew), to them best buds with Jake as his adopted son?

Yes B613 agents were like Rowans creepy sons but after all this ish with Olivia and Jake trying to kill him, now he's sitting up in Rowan's house eating all his food? I'm trying but...

The only thing keeping me going is cute Vargas bro and seeing what schemes Cyrus is up to :dead:
welp...they did have her #ecstatic to be a #sideline #ho to a ytttttte man -- eventually breaking up a wholesome yyyyttttte #family

as far as #NOW working for his ex yyyyte wife

Cityscape

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
2,752 7 8
Alleybux
welp...they did have her #ecstatic to be a #sideline #ho to a ytttttte man -- eventually breaking up a wholesome yyyyttttte #family

as far as #NOW working for his ex yyyyte wife

The supposedly secondary characters have more character depth and humanity to them- this season we are being asked to care about poor Mellie's struggle to be a serious presidential candidate, poor abbie's struggles with her career in the white house. Meanwhile they are reducing the supposed lead- Olivia, to this 2D mindless baddie who is now bashing people upside the head in her fancy coats.

If Shonda could do it without decimating black female viewers she'd probably happily kill Olivia off in some nonsense B613 mission storyline and refit the show around Mellie being President with Rowan heading up B613 for her :dead:

NovaIsSaditty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,538 82 10
Alleybux
[MENTION=58653]CelebGossip[/MENTION]

"fµck Andrew's stroke mouth ass. Glad he's dead, too."

When I read that I literally choked!!! LOL!! WHY LORD?!?!?

madgoulding

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,649 1,843 925
Alleybux
Yyyyyyyyy do they hate Olivia?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Because they Olivia to be this innocent perfect do gooder. One of the posts said "what Andrew did was horrible but he didn't deserve to be killed like that. Olivia killed a defenseless man."
And I was like:
unnamed-71.gif

Ojebeta

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,966 244 71
Alleybux
Watched the episode to see Olivia kill Andrew, that scene was cringeworthy AF, it was almost like a parody - the acting, the directing ..nah.

yoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,272 63 66
Alleybux
Yeah, I like the Olivia, "I keep my hands clean and let my goons do the dirty work" Pope better than this one. I realize that the kidnapping would have had to change her, but I wish she could still be the hands clean character, but just more twisted as a result of her ordeal. Ex-VP could have been killed, but not at the hands of Olivia. She should just have turned into a mastermind like her daddy.
I also hate the Jake and Papa Pope new dynamic.

Welp seems everyone loved it... I feel like they've completely erased Liv's character-she was the classy operator that had her goons (huck and finn) do the dirty biz, now she's bashing in someone's head till the blood splatters...k
They've made her character so unlikeable to me. Yes I know anti-hero leads have been in fashion, but they usually have some angle that keeps you rooting for them=comedy, emotion, empathy etc, they've just made Liv into a Rowan robot , doing what her father supposedly programmed her for,I guess

She can never go back to fixing OPA Liv now, now they've made her a killer- I guess they want her to go full blacklist B613 and I found B613's storyline, their motivations and goal confusing and boring... guess I need to get with the programme and accept series 1/2 OPA and Liv is gone :dead:

Yes B613 agents were like Rowans creepy sons but after all this ish with Olivia and Jake trying to kill him, now Jake's sitting up in Rowan's house eating all his food? I'm trying but...

The only thing keeping me going is the cute Vargas bro and seeing what schemes Cyrus is up to :dead:

Alpha8itch

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
162 17 4
Alleybux
Anybody notice Jake sitting up in Papa Popes house eating FRIED CHICKEN????

:laugh 512x512:

HoodJawn

#YahBless #BlackLove
Reaction score
Reactions
2,196 40 20
Alleybux
Anybody notice Jake sitting up in Papa Popes house eating FRIED CHICKEN????

:laugh 512x512:

Yes!!! Papa Pope stay reading someone to filth while Jake sits in the background eating some chicken lol First Edison, now Ilivia lol

Natalie Nunn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,444 16 4
Alleybux
Soo .... I thought the kidnapping storyline was Scandal's "jump the shark" moment, but now that Olivia's just bashed someone's head in with a chair, is it possible to have two JTS moments? I don't even know if Olivia can come back from this. What are these writers even doing?

yoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,272 63 66
Alleybux
Maybe it was a dream like the cottage in Vermont/Fritz dream. This is the only acceptable conclusion for me. I'm like you IDK what they are doing :ne_nau:

Soo .... I thought the kidnapping storyline was Scandal's "jump the shark" moment, but now that Olivia's just bashed someone's head in with a chair, is it possible to have two JTS moments? I don't even know if Olivia can come back from this. What are these writers even doing?

Natalie Nunn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,444 16 4
Alleybux
Maybe it was a dream like the cottage in Vermont/Fritz dream. This is the only acceptable conclusion for me. I'm like you IDK what they are doing :ne_nau:
I was WAITING for Olivia to snap back to reality and give Andrew a VERBAL beat down, but that moment never came. Like ... I feel like I don't even have anyone to root for on this show anymore. I used to love Jake, but they've totally ruined him for me, and now part of me doesn't even like Olivia because it's one thing to cover up a murder (which we've seen them do a hundred times), but it's another to actually commit the murder. And in such a brutal way?? I think the only character I even care about atm is Marcus. Like, man. Stop asking them to bring you in on sh!t. Once he falls down the rabbit hole, there may be no coming back.

TheRealQueen

Grown Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
1,029 23 8
Alleybux
Yeah, I like the Olivia, "I keep my hands clean and let my goons do the dirty work" Pope better than this one. I realize that the kidnapping would have had to change her, but I wish she could still be the hands clean character, but just more twisted as a result of her ordeal. Ex-VP could have been killed, but not at the hands of Olivia. She should just have turned into a mastermind like her daddy.
I also hate the Jake and Papa Pope new dynamic.

Seriously y'all? Are we even watching the same show?

Obviously, she snapped. Olivia went through a very traumatic experience that she NEVER dealt with. If you recall, when she came back to her condo, it took her a long time to even replace her couch with the wine stain on it. She was kidnapped, taken to a place she did not know, sold in an online auction for millions/billions of dollars, and thought she was going to die!!! She did not get any counseling and she did not discuss her ordeal!

Then she found out that fool Andrew set it all up. But did she kill him when she found out? No. She did not (she was still wearing her white hat). She tried to be the better person in spite of the trauma she never got over.

Then that nut ran his mouth too much. And Olivia snapped! It happens in real life. She should have done him! It's what he deserved.

But, if you saw the previews for the next episode, it's obvious that she is having a hard time dealing with the fact that she killed someone. Olivia is NOT her father! She may have similar drive and determination, but her methods are different. When has Rowan ever killed anyone himself? He has always had his goons do it for him.

Was this the finale?

No.

yoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,272 63 66
Alleybux
I get what you are saying. And, yes, I realized Olivia snapped and it is a direct result of VP's past and present actions. However, I still say that I wish 'Liv would have had her hired gun a/k/a Huck or someone like Huck (since Huck may be on a killing break) to kill VP. I would have even accepted Jake to have killed him in a final show of his sick love for Olivia, and I don't even like Jake. I like dirty,but, I keep my hands clean Olivia better than I do the job myself Liv.

Seriously y'all? Are we even watching the same show?

Obviously, she snapped. Olivia went through a very traumatic experience that she NEVER dealt with. If you recall, when she came back to her condo, it took her a long time to even replace her couch with the wine stain on it. She was kidnapped, taken to a place she did not know, sold in an online auction for millions/billions of dollars, and thought she was going to die!!! She did not get any counseling and she did not discuss her ordeal!

Then she found out that fool Andrew set it all up. But did she kill him when she found out? No. She did not (she was still wearing her white hat). She tried to be the better person in spite of the trauma she never got over.

Then that nut ran his mouth too much. And Olivia snapped! It happens in real life. She should have done him! It's what he deserved.

But, if you saw the previews for the next episode, it's obvious that she is having a hard time dealing with the fact that she killed someone. Olivia is NOT her father! She may have similar drive and determination, but her methods are different. When has Rowan ever killed anyone himself? He has always had his goons do it for him.

No.

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,974 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
I watched this episode on Netflix yesterday and Nichols murder scene made me so sick to my stomach that I refuse to catch up on the rest of the show ever again.

Did this episode have a disclaimer at the beginning? I don't recall one. Seems like the only time this show has disclaimers is when people are screwing, but not when there are graphic murder scenes. Could be wrong though. Don't care. Nasty episode, pathetic show.