Quantcast

Scorpio and Virgo...The same sign split in two?

WesternStar96

You know where to find me through my past comments
Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
Well, As the title says, It's about a Scorpio and Virgo being the same two signs split into two and I've seen alot people on this forum talk about it lately, So, Here's a thread about it and let's talk about it

OceanBreeze9

You kept Beating Me Down; Still, I Stand!
Reaction score
Reactions
124,893 2,724 701
Alleybux
I don’t quite understand how this can be the case, but I’m willing to be enlightened on the subject.

Peonie

I’m a Virgo
Reaction score
Reactions
13,123 981 300
Alleybux
No.

I realized that Virgo and Scorpio have lots of differences for them to even be called a same sign.

But having differences is okay since being in a sextile position in the astrological wheel gives these two signs a complementary approach towards each other.

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
I just wanted a thread to talk about this particular subject seeing I've seen alot of people talk about the particular subject on this forum lately

SexyRaccune

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
85,046 2,342 2,078
Alleybux
I've heard this theory and it gets on my nerves every time. Yes, they have a few similar qualities (analytical, detail-oriented) & then their glyphs look similar.. but they have too many vast differences. I am Scorpio and I have a close relative who is a Virgo. These two signs are no where near alike.

OceanBreeze9

Reaction score
Reactions
124,893 2,724 701
Alleybux
I've heard this theory and it gets on my nerves every time. Yes, they have a few similar qualities (analytical, detail-oriented) & then their glyphs look similar.. but they have too many vast differences. I am Scorpio and I have a close relative who is a Virgo. These two signs are no where near alike.
I don’t see it either. I get along pretty well with Scorpios. Yes, they have their shortcomings just as any zodiac sign, but I’d think that if the two signs were so similar in traits, I wouldn’t like or get along with Scorpios because I just can’t make it work with Virgos, especially the men.

Oracle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,853 1,213 670
Alleybux
Virgos love to analyze and nitpick every aspect of anyone but themselves.
Scorpio lives by secrecy and hates to be exposed.
IMO that’s a vast juxtaposition but I think I may see why others may make this argument.
Virgo’s tend to get on my damn nerves with their
“Perfectness” and I’m a Scorpio.
A Scorpio would hardly ever think they’re perfect. Due to their depth, they’re very well aware of their own shortcomings even to a fault.
Maybe this works in a sextile argument.

Tabatha99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,438 316 69
Alleybux
I've never heard of this, I don't think it's true. Virgos are very different.

OceanBreeze9

Reaction score
Reactions
124,893 2,724 701
Alleybux
Virgos love to analyze and nitpick every aspect of anyone but themselves.
Scorpio lives by secrecy and hates to be exposed.
IMO that’s a vast juxtaposition but I think I may see why others may make this argument.
Virgo’s tend to get on my damn nerves with their
“Perfectness”
and I’m a Scorpio.
A Scorpio would hardly ever think they’re perfect. Due to their depth, they’re very well aware of their own shortcomings even to a fault.
Maybe this works in a sextile argument.
Virgos also watch every single thing you do. They don’t miss anything. They love to stare and study your ass down, but let them think that someone is spying on their every move and see how quickly they change their pattern or routine. They would make exceptional prison guards or police officers.

shady_boots

Quote me and i'll pay you dust.
Reaction score
Reactions
88,457 1,710 737
Alleybux
I’m a Scorpio and I don’t see the similarities. Some of my favorite people are Virgo’s but I don’t think we’re anything alike. I’ve know some of them my entire life.

OceanBreeze9

Reaction score
Reactions
124,893 2,724 701
Alleybux
I have a cousin who’s a Virgo and she is annoying as fµck. I’ve never been able to really get close to her or even understand her mostly because she is extremely nosy and is always trying to get in your business, but she is “hush hush” about her life and always has been. She will sit around and watch and listen, but never wants to share anything. She actually makes me uncomfortable, to tell the truth.

Beauti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,522 1,168 1,209
Alleybux
You know now that I think of it a lot of dark sided Virgo’s and scorpios have the same traits..

RJKim

GodIsMyPathwayToSuccess
Reaction score
Reactions
32,383 836 301
Alleybux
There are some similarities. I have a Scorpio friend and she annoys meeeeee. Always so fµck!ng secretive but doesn’t like it when I don’t tell her things. She is very slow minded and there’s always a problem around her or something wrong.

MrsRoger

Loving My Habesha King
Reaction score
Reactions
20,154 585 165
Alleybux
There are some similarities. I have a Scorpio friend and she annoys meeeeee. Always so fµck!ng secretive but doesn’t like it when I don’t tell her things. She is very slow minded and there’s always a problem around her or something wrong.

It's so funny to me when people say that. I'm a Scorpio and I do not ask people about their business. I'm in the Army, the messiest work place of all time, and whenever something happens in my company (who's sleeping with who, who said what about this one, who got arrested) I literally don't find out until months later. I have never attended a company function and I'm always getting called antisocial, but you're right about me not wanting people to know my business, though. I just feel like people will use your life as entertainment. If you're discussing me because you're trying to figure out how to help me, that's fine, but if you're discussing me just to gossip about me, I'm good.

LookingMelee

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,898 401 26
Alleybux
I'm a Virgo, and my mother and daughter are Scorpios and I can deff see how people could think that. My mom annoys TF outta me with her constant need to criticize about literally anything, but then my fiancé tells me I do the same thing in a different way. I think we are alike in many ways, but the way we express it is the difference.

I read an article a while back that said there were only 10 signs originally, but when they separated Virgo and Scorpio they added Libra inbetween to balance them out. Their gylphs are similar because of this, but Virgo focuses their energy inwards and Scorpio outwards, hence the direction of their respective tails.

Last edited:

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
I'm a Virgo, and my mother and daughter are Scorpios and I can deff see how people could think that. My mom annoys TF outta me with her constant need to criticize about literally anything, but then my finace tells me I do the same thing in a different way. I think we are alike in many ways, but the way we express it is the difference.

I read an article a while back that said there were only 10 signs originally, but when they separated Virgo and Scorpio they added Libra inbetween to balance them out. Their gylphs are similar because of this, but Virgo focuses their energy inwards and Scorpio outwards, hence the direction of their respective tails.

I've also heard the same thing and also heard that the inward position on the hook on the symbol to Virgo represents "feminine" and the outward position on the hook on the symbol to Scorpio represents "masculine"

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
their glyphs look similar

I've also heard that the inward position on the hook on the symbol to Virgo represents "feminine" and the outward position on the hook on the symbol to Scorpio represents "masculine"

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
I actually didn't expect to get so many responses in this thread, But, Keep them coming, Thanks Everyone, I've been seeing alot of people mention this particular subject on this forum lately, So, I really wanted to make a thread to talk about this particular subject

Again, Thanks everyone and keep the replies coming

HoodRat

You keep telling yourself that
Reaction score
Reactions
2,419 185 111
Alleybux
Well, As the title says, It's about a Scorpio and Virgo being the same two signs split into two and I've seen alot people on this forum talk about it lately, So, Here's a thread about it and let's talk about it
The Disrespect has to stop!

Libra was not an afterthought. There was no Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio as 1 sign. There was no split. Libra was included, and depicted on the OLDEST KNOWN astrology related artifacts including the Dendera zodiac. The Sumerians, the earliest known practitioners fo astrology, included Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio in their zodiac.

"But, the scales are to balance out virgo and scorpio". No, no it isn't. Libra is depicted as scales due to the fact that it is the sign that falls on the Autumnal Equinox, where darkness and light are equal, a perfect balance between light and darkness. You following? Did we lose you anywhere?

The only thing that could possibly cause this abomination of YouTube mythology is the fact that Virgo and Scorpio both have an 'M' shape in their symbols.. Well, case closed, the 'M', what else do you need? But, let's look at what is included with that 'M' for Scorpio the tail on the M represents both the stinger of a scorpion and symbol for Mars- the ruler of Scorpio. For Virgo, the loop symbolizes an ear of grain. Virgo has always been known as the sign of the harvest, even in Sumerian astrology Virgo was known as "The Furrow". The centrepoint star of the Virgo constellation is called Spica, in Latin the words "Spicum" or "Spica" translates to "Ear of Grain" because of the star Spica in the constellation of Virgo. Besides all that, the Greeks are not the creators of astrology, they added those symbols several hundred years after astrology was established, but Ptolemy even included Libra in the Tetrabiblos.

Egyptian astrology depicts Virgo as Isis, Scorpio as Set (as depicted by all the scorpions that adorn him), Libra as Anubis (as evident by the scales he carries) some 2000 BC.

On the other hand, if symbols looking similar is really what sways your thinking, look into the reason why the symbol for Mercury is the symbol for Venus with the symbol for taurus on top.

Now, stop acting like Libra is just some bastard afterthought, it isnt, it has a rich history in astrology. If you're a virgo or a scorpio and you just like the romance and mystery surrounding all the nonsensical modern Blogstrology mumbo jumbo, fine, but stop passing it on like its actually true. Really, an 'M'? Arent you 2 signs supposed to be the "seekers of truth" & "Dig deep". An 'M' gotcha? That's why Trump won.

There is more evidence showing that Libra has always been a part of the zodiac, than backs up the nonsense that it hasn't. An 'M' lol, and Capricorn only has an 'N' and a sea goat tail, that must mean Capricorn was once Scorpio before Saturn's legs we bitten off by an actual sea goat.

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux

Libra was not an afterthought. There was no Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio as 1 sign. There was no split. Libra was included, and depicted on the OLDEST KNOWN astrology related artifacts including the Dendera zodiac. The Sumerians, the earliest known practitioners fo astrology, included Virgo, Libra, and Scorpio in their zodiac.

"But, the scales are to balance out virgo and scorpio". No, no it isn't. Libra is depicted as scales due to the fact that it is the sign that falls on the Autumnal Equinox, where darkness and light are equal, a perfect balance between light and darkness. You following? Did we lose you anywhere?

The only thing that could possibly cause this abomination of YouTube mythology is the fact that Virgo and Scorpio both have an 'M' shape in their symbols.. Well, case closed, the 'M', what else do you need? But, let's look at what is included with that 'M' for Scorpio the tail on the M represents both the stinger of a scorpion and symbol for Mars- the ruler of Scorpio. For Virgo, the loop symbolizes an ear of grain. Virgo has always been known as the sign of the harvest, even in Sumerian astrology Virgo was known as "The Furrow". The centrepoint star of the Virgo constellation is called Spica, in Latin the words "Spicum" or "Spica" translates to "Ear of Grain" because of the star Spica in the constellation of Virgo. Besides all that, the Greeks are not the creators of astrology, they added those symbols several hundred years after astrology was established, but Ptolemy even included Libra in the Tetrabiblos.

Egyptian astrology depicts Virgo as Isis, Scorpio as Set (as depicted by all the scorpions that adorn him), Libra as Anubis (as evident by the scales he carries) some 2000 BC.

On the other hand, if symbols looking similar is really what sways your thinking, look into the reason why the symbol for Mercury is the symbol for Venus with the symbol for taurus on top.

Now, stop acting like Libra is just some bastard afterthought, it isnt, it has a rich history in astrology. If you're a virgo or a scorpio and you just like the romance and mystery surrounding all the nonsensical modern Blogstrology mumbo jumbo, fine, but stop passing it on like its actually true. Really, an 'M'? Arent you 2 signs supposed to be the "seekers of truth" & "Dig deep". An 'M' gotcha? That's why Trump won.

There is more evidence showing that Libra has always been a part of the zodiac, than backs up the nonsense that it hasn't. An 'M' lol, and Capricorn only has an 'N' and a sea goat tail, that must mean Capricorn was once Scorpio before Saturn's legs we bitten off by an actual sea goat.

The oldest sign in the zodiac is Pisces and this was no disrespect to be Libra

I actually heard this particular subject from another font on here and wanted to ask about it

There's a big difference in asking than saying that Scorpio and Virgo were once the same sign that where split into two with Libra placed in the middle of both signs to separate both signs

Jim Halpert

I heart Pam Beesely
Reaction score
Reactions
21,077 395 293
Alleybux
I’m a Scorpio and my boyfriend is a Virgo.

I am very in depth but he resists me lmao. I’ll ask him a million questions and he’ll answer a few. I guess I’m kind of pushy, but if there’s info I wanna know then what’s the problem, right? He’s the opposite, and he’s steady and if he isn’t ready to tell me then he doesn’t. I like it but it is frustrating sometimes.

My best friend is a Virgo as well. I think they are both very calm and level headed, although sometimes they can have their emotional moments. However, I am emotional all the time. When I need to step back and get a second point of view to the situation I’m in, I ask either of them. I can always count on them to give me sound advice

HoodRat

Reaction score
Reactions
2,419 185 111
Alleybux
The oldest sign in the zodiac is Pisces and this was no disrespect to be Libra

I actually heard this particular subject from another font on here and wanted to ask about it

There's a big difference in asking than saying that Scorpio and Virgo were once the same sign that where split into two with Libra placed in the middle of both signs to separate both signs

Technically the oldest known zodiac is taurus. Some of the oldest cave paintings from around the world depict bulls and the exact constellation of taurus.

OceanBreeze9

Reaction score
Reactions
124,893 2,724 701
Alleybux
You know now that I think of it a lot of dark sided Virgo’s and scorpios have the same traits..
I’m starting to believe this too. I’ve always been partial to Scorpios, and still am, but I’m starting to see some similarities of the dark side of virgos and Scorpios with a relative who is a Scorpio.

LeoWomanHearMeRoar

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,042 1,229 970
Alleybux

I agree. I've noticed a few signs are this way:

Virgo & Scorpio
Gem & Libra
Aries & Leo
Pisces & Cancer

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
Technically the oldest known zodiac is taurus. Some of the oldest cave paintings from around the world depict bulls and the exact constellation of taurus.

Whenever I look what is the oldest sign in the zodiac on the internet it says Pisces, So, That's why I've said Pisces is the oldest sign in the zodiac

I'm a capricorn and scorpios balance out my emotional side cause chile my emotions

Scorpio always want to put me on the first 48 internally as a Capricorn

It's definitely my least favorite sign in the zodiac

I agree. I've noticed a few signs are this way:

Virgo & Scorpio
Gem & Libra
Aries & Leo
Pisces & Cancer

Aries and Leo are alot alike, Because, Aries and Leo are both fire signs and also Aries is exalted in the sun which rules Leo

The same thing also goes for Cancer and Pisces, The two signs are alot alike, because, They're both water signs and also Cancer is exalted in Jupiter which rules Pisces

I've also noticed alot of similarities with Scorpio and Virgo

For air signs, I'd actually say that Aquarius and Libra are alot more alike than Gemini and Libra would be alot like each other, Because, Aquarius and Libra are both air signs and also Libra is exalted in Saturn which rules Aquarius

I've also noticed that Sagittarius and Taurus can also be alot like each other and also get along very well for two signs that are a quincunx pairing

I’m starting to believe this too. I’ve always been partial to Scorpios, and still am, but I’m starting to see some similarities of the dark side of virgos and Scorpios with a relative who is a Scorpio.

I'm the opposite of you, I'm alot more partial to Virgo than I am Scorpio

But, None the less, Both signs are definitely my two least favorite signs in the zodiac

I suppose Libra would kind of get the short end of the stick seeing that Libra is the sign that is between these two signs in the order of the list of signs in the zodiac

HoodRat

Reaction score
Reactions
2,419 185 111
Alleybux
Did you know Capricorn and Scorpio was once the same sign? It's TRUE. Sagittarius is actually an erect penis, not an bow. The sea goat had his penis nibbled off by pisces fish. That's why the M in scorpio looks flaccid, gets erect in Sagittarius, and is missing in Capricorn.. all that remains is 1 testicle and half of the M. Saturn has the worst luck. Capricorn men really are unlucky in love.

STOP THE NONSENSE!

JustOne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,636 719 652
Alleybux
It used to be virgo and scorpio were thought to be both ruled by pluto, but they don't think that anymore. Virgo is ruled by mercury.

I don't think virgo and scorpio are the same sign. I think they are connected though. Virgo is persephone and Scorpio is Hades. Virgo and Scorpio couples do well it seems.

HoodRat

Reaction score
Reactions
2,419 185 111
Alleybux
That's another one! Persephone was the Goddess of spring... Demeter, her mother, the Goddess of Grain.... Hades the god of the underworld.. How the heck people think Persephone is Virgo is beyond me. Virgo was Demeter, the Goddess of Grain. As a lot of those myths do, this one revolves around agriculture. Hades (Scorpio - lord of the underworld), kidnaps Persephone (Taurus) and takes her to the underworld... Scorpio, being Taurus' opposite sign, is no longer visible in the night sky when Scorpio is visible - when scorpio is visible, taurus is in the Southern Hemisphere. It appears that taurus was kidnapped and sent to the underworld. Not that Persephone being the GODDESS OF SPRING and taurus falling exactly 180* from Scorpio, and occuring in spring wasn't a good enough hint.

And I've already discussed the fact that Virgo... since the BEGINNING OF ASTROLOGY.... has been acknowledged as being related to GRAIN. When does Taurus occur? In the Spring. What has Virgo always been associated with? Grain. When does the constellation Taurus become unseen in the northern Sky? During Scorpio Aka Hades Season.

So, Spring grows Crops (Taurus), Harvested by Demeter - Goddess of Grain (Virgo), Grain is weighed and measured (Libra), then stored underground/underworld with Hades (Scorpio) until...... YOU GUESSED IT! SPRING! When Persophone is allowed to leave the underworld and come top side. Then planting season starts all over.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk

JustOne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,636 719 652
Alleybux
That's another one! Persephone was the Goddess of spring... Demeter, her mother, the Goddess of Grain.... Hades the god of the underworld.. How the heck people think Persephone is Virgo is beyond me. Virgo was Demeter, the Goddess of Grain. As a lot of those myths do, this one revolves around agriculture. Hades (Scorpio - lord of the underworld), kidnaps Persephone (Taurus) and takes her to the underworld... Scorpio, being Taurus' opposite sign, is no longer visible in the night sky when Scorpio is visible - when scorpio is visible, taurus is in the Southern Hemisphere. It appears that taurus was kidnapped and sent to the underworld. Not that Persephone being the GODDESS OF SPRING and taurus falling exactly 180* from Scorpio, and occuring in spring wasn't a good enough hint.

And I've already discussed the fact that Virgo... since the BEGINNING OF ASTROLOGY.... has been acknowledged as being related to GRAIN. When does Taurus occur? In the Spring. What has Virgo always been associated with? Grain. When does the constellation Taurus become unseen in the northern Sky? During Scorpio Aka Hades Season.

So, Spring grows Crops (Taurus), Harvested by Demeter - Goddess of Grain (Virgo), Grain is weighed and measured (Libra), then stored underground/underworld with Hades (Scorpio) until...... YOU GUESSED IT! SPRING! When Persophone is allowed to leave the underworld and come top side. Then planting season starts all over.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk

Thanks I didn't know all that.

Virgos and Scorpios still make good couples though.

WesternStar96

Reaction score
Reactions
18,894 1,365 1,139
Alleybux
Did you know Capricorn and Scorpio was once the same sign? It's TRUE. Sagittarius is actually an erect penis, not an bow. The sea goat had his penis nibbled off by pisces fish. That's why the M in scorpio looks flaccid, gets erect in Sagittarius, and is missing in Capricorn.. all that remains is 1 testicle and half of the M. Saturn has the worst luck. Capricorn men really are unlucky in love.

STOP THE NONSENSE!

Capricorn and Scorpio were definitely not once the same sign sorry to burst your bubble

All I said was that Pisces is the oldest sign in the zodiac

Last edited:

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom