Quantcast

Seaspiracy Netflix Documentary

Misosoup

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,901 208 6
Alleybux
Yeah, I've not been able to stop thinking about it. I'm so shocked and angry and sad. The part about illegal fishing in Africa was enraging.

And the scene with the whale slaughter was unbearable.

Last edited:

mysteryboo12

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Yes I watched this and whilst I had been familiar with a lot of the information shared, it being pieced together like that just painted such a bleak picture.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,763 1,511 698
Alleybux
It was an interesting documentary but I still thought it was just way too simplistic. The guy got on my nerves with his suddenly discovering all sorts of things. Mostly I thought the conclusion was kinda dumb. Let's just stop eating fish. It made me want to follow his money trail too. I'm a little or rather a lot suspicious of these new food trends with food created in labs. Not so much the safety aspect, although there is something there, but also the control aspect. People can't grow their own food in labs. If you went that route, you are completely dependent on others for your survival. He also made a big point of saying you don't need to eat fish if you want the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids because instead you can eat the algae that the fish eat. Really?

Overall, I think the problems we have aren't because we are trying to feed everyone, the problems come because we are trying to make a profit off of feeding people. So many destructive practices are a matter of greed. Or one group exploiting another because they have the power. Switching from meat to fish to plants isn't going to change that and I think the documentary missed that factor completely. I just don't know whether that was another example of his naiveté or whether he, like everybody in the seafood industry, was looking out for his sponsors.

FlameThrowerx

flamin'
Reaction score
Reactions
33,288 1,262 590
Alleybux
It was an interesting documentary but I still thought it was just way too simplistic. The guy got on my nerves with his suddenly discovering all sorts of things. Mostly I thought the conclusion was kinda dumb. Let's just stop eating fish. It made me want to follow his money trail too. I'm a little or rather a lot suspicious of these new food trends with food created in labs. Not so much the safety aspect, although there is something there, but also the control aspect. People can't grow their own food in labs. If you went that route, you are completely dependent on others for your survival. He also made a big point of saying you don't need to eat fish if you want the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids because instead you can eat the algae that the fish eat. Really?

Overall, I think the problems we have aren't because we are trying to feed everyone, the problems come because we are trying to make a profit off of feeding people. So many destructive practices are a matter of greed. Or one group exploiting another because they have the power. Switching from meat to fish to plants isn't going to change that and I think the documentary missed that factor completely. I just don't know whether that was another example of his naiveté or whether he, like everybody in the seafood industry, was looking out for his sponsors.

Girl!!!!!!! You said that. This is just information and there's no real way to stop it. The alternative isn't commercializing lab grown food.

It also shows that if there was a ethical way to fix this they'd killed him. The way white greed kills EVERYTHING on the planet is utterly inconceivable. White people have no soul. None. The small almost invisible amount that do are killed or silenced. The majority are aligned to supremacy.

We now have this horrifying information with no actionable fix. He's a plant. If this could be fixed it'll never come out and if it did, it would be leaked on internet/dark web not sponsored by another corporate slavery driver- media

LavenderLush

Anti-Captalism Marxist-Leninist- Activist
Reaction score
Reactions
12,798 255 222
Alleybux
I agree with Unnatural Vegans Review On This, SeaSpiracy Documentary. I feel like the film would have been better if the creators instead of making this solely because they think it's wrong to eat meat because that's what they believe (Like The Cowspircy DOC) , Instead mainly focused on why Capitalism is the MAIN Issue is the problem and not so much this militant vegan tactics

LanaThaGod

Beyoncé Says Yee, We Say Haw
Reaction score
Reactions
52,507 4,052 409
Alleybux
It was an interesting docu, I’ve seen mixed reviews about it.

I was distracted by his accent throughout it tho, it kept bouncing between English & Aussie, was confusing the fck outta me.

YoungBougieBlac

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,304 9,432 15,103
Alleybux
I watched and while I thought it was okay, I didn’t like how when he pretended to confront ppl in person or call them that he was so Antagonistic in what he said. Like, he knew that with him antagonizing like that, even if someone agreed to speak they wouldn’t have gotten anywhere. U don’t call places and say things like “hi, I’d like to discuss how you’re such a sh!tty person for doing xyz.” It’s not gonna lead anywhere. Maybe u say “hey I’d like to discuss this alternative measure which can save u money and save the planet.” Or “hi I’d like to discuss xyz which would be good for u pr and fix xyz problem.”

also, he was pushing the vegan thing a little too hard. I think a better argument would have been to encourage ppl to fish on their own or something. Bc it’s commercialized fishing that’s the issues. Humans have been going out to sea and spearing fish since the beginning of time. The natives and all that. I don’t think there’s an issue with that and that’s probably why none of the organizations suggested that ppl stop eating fish

Valhalla

ColdWinter
Reaction score
Reactions
50,493 1,396 422
Alleybux
Girl!!!!!!! You said that. This is just information and there's no real way to stop it. The alternative isn't commercializing lab grown food.

It also shows that if there was a ethical way to fix this they'd killed him. The way white greed kills EVERYTHING on the planet is utterly inconceivable. White people have no soul. None. The small almost invisible amount that do are killed or silenced. The majority are aligned to supremacy.

We now have this horrifying information with no actionable fix. He's a plant. If this could be fixed it'll never come out and if it did, it would be leaked on internet/dark web not sponsored by another corporate slavery driver- media

It wasn't just white people though --- they showed how Chinese and Japanese culture also do a lot of fishing for sport and are nearly causing sharks to go extinct with their taste for shark fin soup.

FlameThrowerx

flamin'
Reaction score
Reactions
33,288 1,262 590
Alleybux
It wasn't just white people though --- they showed how Chinese and Japanese culture also do a lot of fishing for sport and are nearly causing sharks to go extinct with their taste for shark fin soup.

I know but the capitalistic regime we're under was created, supported and funded by white people. The modern industrial complex is build from colonialism

Oooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,244 1,696 616
Alleybux
I agree with Unnatural Vegans Review On This, SeaSpiracy Documentary. I feel like the film would have been better if the creators instead of making this solely because they think it's wrong to eat meat because that's what they believe (Like The Cowspircy DOC) , Instead mainly focused on why Capitalism is the MAIN Issue is the problem and not so much this militant vegan tactics

Agree! I forgot what the name of the doc was - I think it was “rotten.” It spelled out how cartels are in the avocado business as well. Even going full vegan would increase the demand for veggies, fruits, and grains that are already in high demand and attracting gang/cartel activities all over the world. There have been many stories about the problem with the increased demand for quinoa and açaí berries. As long as there is money to be made in food, humanity will find a way to exploit any animal or crop. If watermelon became a highly valued crop people would be exploited to meet that demand.

Padme Selene

From the River to the Sea.
Reaction score
Reactions
86,674 1,401 445
Alleybux
I thought it was an interesting doc. I appreciated him providing sources every time he stated a fact with names and dates. Him getting Sylvia Earle was really cool to me. She’s a legend. I liked that he pointed out the flawed emphasis on straws and oil when fishing is a bigger issue by far. Idk if stopping fish consumption would be the serve they think it is tho. That desire would just shift to another industry. We do need better global fishing laws and more countries need to take more initiation to protect oceans. I think risk perception is really low for both the government and the general population. I lived the point captain Paul brought up that sustainable fishing is impossible. He’s another big contender in the conservation game. I used to love whale wars. I strongly disliked the director and his interviewing style. He came off very arrogant. I think the documentary would have been elevated by him hiring a trained journalist or interviewer. They’re trained to ask questions and make connections while being professional. He was very unprofessional.

DeletedUser3

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,143 1,429 307
Alleybux
the scene with the whale slaughter was unbearable.
I am watching this right now and want to cry. White people are so fking demonic. I don't know how anyone could do that to a living and breathing animal and feel nothing. Hearing the whales cry, seeing them try to run in fear, and seeing tears in their eyes has truly devastated me tonight. All that bloodshed for nothing and those sick sadistic fishermen had the nerve to be proud of their massacre. Our world is so sad.