Secrets you know because of your occupation

UNCLE CLEF

haitian persuasion
Reaction score
Reactions
30,794 393 45
Alleybux
Learn us!

-Some doctors judge how well they treat you based on what kind of insurance you have.
-The reason you feel sore after surgery isn't just because of surgery, you're getting thrown around like a ragdoll while under anesthesia.
-Lab techs laugh when they see semen in your urine sample.
-Hospital beds are notoriously dirty. Don't touch those side rails.
-Avoid the ER at all costs. It's like ~300-400 just to be seen by a doctor, let alone be treated. The minute the doctor lays eyes on you, you owe him money.
-Quite a few male gynos really are perverts.

Hiddenplace

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
399 3 5
Alleybux
I'm a nurse so we know you're secrets. Not much of a big deal though, and after a long day I just want to go home and no longer think of your health problems but my own. haha other than that yeah health care is crazy. I would love to find out what those in the business and law fields know ha!!

UNCLE CLEF

haitian persuasion
Reaction score
Reactions
30,794 393 45
Alleybux
I'm a nurse so we know you're secrets. Not much of a big deal though, and after a long day I just want to go home and no longer think of your health problems but my own. haha other than that yeah health care is crazy. I would love to find out what those in the business and law fields know ha!!

i agree, after a while it gets taxing and you stop caring. sucks but true.

Jerz

Resident Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
23,708 49 6
Alleybux
when you visit the doctor, they bill based on level of complexity, which is basically just a fancy way of saying how much time they spent in the room with you. all those extra last minute questions and bs chatter costs you. that's why you should have your questions written down ahead of time.

if you're rude and annoying in a retail store, then have to ask a salesperson if they have anymore of that sweater or pants you like in your size- they're going to go back there, have a drink of water, talk about you to any co-workers they encounter in the stock room and generally do everything for the 2-5 minutes they're back there BUT look for what you want. then come back and apologize to you for not having it when they do. lol. that's what your aggravating ass gets.

ooo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
9,560 403 368
Alleybux
so what kinda of insurance is favorable amongst judges?

ETA: I would add but working where I work is really secretive and we get in trouble for talking about work on websites unless its approved....I dont at all though....i signed a confidentiality agreement & it lasts two years after i leave them as well LOL

Mercedes Jones

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,728 79 22
Alleybux
I've had quite few professions so I will say what I learned from each.
Flight Attendant A. Do not EVER use those pillows and blankets they are infested wit every virus and bacteria known to man.
B. If there is an emergency the pilots and fa first priority is THEM they dont give a fµck about you. Trust me I KNOW.
C. Buy tickets on WEDNESDAY
D. Most pilots are drunk and/or high off coke 90% of the time. I flew private and commercial so this isn't exclusive to any airline,
E. International Terminals are the best place to find a rich man. First Class lounges are the best

Esthetician/Makeup Artist: A. Nothing is worse than a bish who will spend $500 on Mac and wash her face with dial.
B. Drugstore makeup is okay. Any Cleanser from walgreens is the devil..

Writing (my real job, just doesn't always pay my bills)
A. Everyone is a liar until proven otherwise. Check everything twice and then check it again.
B. There is always someone behind the scenes pulling the strings with the media. Nothing is as it appears.
C. Much more is hidden in plain sight than you would ever imagine

ashbee

Ignoramus
Reaction score
Reactions
261,510 8,884 11,234
Alleybux
Home improvements do very little to increase the value of a home. When appraisers set the home value range for your property they go in a .5-1 mile radius around your home and find similar properties that are basically the same age and style. No matter what your home will never be valued higher than the highest or lowest value in that range.

So in a nutshell, make sure your home improvements are at the level of the area you bought in or they won't make a difference whatsoever.

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,127 2,761 187
Alleybux
Some doctors judge how well they treat you based on what kind of insurance you have.

To piggyback off of this, the kind of insurance you have makes the difference between being seen by an attending doctor or being seen by an intern orresident.

I used to be a unit coordinator, and I definitely learned a lot about how doctors treat patients who are on state assistance.

meecko

Can't Stop Won't Stop
Reaction score
Reactions
10,076 301 124
Alleybux
i work in the OR/Surgery and i can attest to those transport stretchers being FILTHY!! they don't get cleaned thoroughly enough. also where i work, the techs get a max of FIFTEEN minutes to clean up between cases...one word: SCARY!

ashbee

Ignoramus
Reaction score
Reactions
261,510 8,884 11,234
Alleybux
Another one that is good to know just in case. If you ever get caught driving intoxicated NEVER TAKE THE BREATHALYZER. Refuse. Don't say how much you have had to drink or anything. Matter fact, lie if you have to. Say you are sober and refuse the test. Either way you are going to jail for the night AND either way you are going to lose your license. However, refusal doesn't go on your record as an OWI conviction AND after a few months you can go back to court and petition to have it expunged.

Tootie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,870 106 5
Alleybux
Used to work at a law firm. When they offer you a beverage, don't get it. Nothing is free at a law office. It will be included your final bill. The firm I worked at also charged by the minute for each phone convo, so don't be calling your attorney everyday, all day to check on your case. Charged by the sheet for photocopies/faxes too.

Also, attorneys will damn near come to blows in court and then walk out the door and go have lunch together.

RomanticRights

Pretending to be nice
Reaction score
Reactions
13,018 48 21
Alleybux
Learn us!

-Some doctors judge how well they treat you based on what kind of insurance you have.
-The reason you feel sore after surgery isn't just because of surgery, you're getting thrown around like a ragdoll while under anesthesia.
-Avoid the ER at all costs. It's like ~300-400 just to be seen by a doctor, let alone be treated. The minute the doctor lays eyes on you, you owe him money.

From your experience, do alot of doctors and medical staff sh!t talk their patients especially whilst in surgery or is code of conduct is fiercely enforced? I read one stories this surgeon was ragging his patient's genitalia and saying that a double decker could fit in there. Forever changed the way, i view doctors.

Boss Leroux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,155 488 266
Alleybux
In hs I worked at a police station & we weren't doing anything important to really learn any big secrets. Only thing I know is there's always two officers in the CAPS office that get paid, but don't do sh!t. Also they actually have groupies lmao. I don't really get why because they make pennies & most aren't attractive, but anytime we went out 'flyering' half of the women we came into contact with acted like they wanted to drop their panties :no:
& they used to all kiss their sergeant's ass, which shocked me because their whole demeanor used to change around her, but she was barely at the station though. She was a mean ass 40 something yt women, and had them all in check-but she was always nice to us interns.

Jerz

Resident Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
23,708 49 6
Alleybux
if you constantly get past due bills threatening to take you to collections, but continue to gets calls from the office, they're too cheap to actually hire a collection agency. just get on a payment plan to shut them up.

nosy file clerks/receptionists will use your info to look you up on social networking sites and see what you're about. i worked with a receptionist who would look up all the cute guys that came into the office.

Sweet Potato

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,235 4 4
Alleybux
I'm a librarian... all the secrets I've learned aren't really secrets but rather confirmations...

1. People are stupid.
2. People can't read
3. People can't comprehend.
4. There is a such thing as a stupid question.

Ashy to Ashes

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
When you go to the bank drive thru and don't have your sh!t ready the employees are talking mad sh!t. Have your damn acct number ready! If you don't know it don't be surprised if it ends up in another account. It will be fixed eventually, but in the mean time your bills won't be paid on time.

Oh and never let your kids play with the toys at the bank. They're never cleaned! Well the 5 years I worked there they were never cleaned.

Also the bank reports people to the govt. all the time without telling you.

Mockingbird

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,017 792 481
Alleybux
Flight Attendant A. Do not EVER use those pillows and blankets they are infested wit ebery virus and bacteria known to man.
B. If there is an emergency the pilots and fa first priority is THEM they dont give a fµck about you. Trust me I KNOW.
D. Most pilots are drunk and/or high off coke 90% of the time. I flew private and commercial so this isn't exclusive to any airline,

Esthetician/Makeup Artist: A. Nothing is worse than a bish who will spend $500 on Mac and wash her face with dial.

A. Everyone is a liar until proven otherwise. Check everything twice and then check it again.
B. There is always someone behind the scenes pulling the strings with the media. Nothing is as it appears.

omg! When I do makeup and I try to get into a conversation about "so, what is your skincare regime(sp)?" and they go all off into some crap they use of their face. And I wish I could drag them in the back and extract all the blackheads from their nose! These people really expect a miracle with jacked up skin

Jerz

Resident Diva
Reaction score
Reactions
23,708 49 6
Alleybux
When you go to the bank drive thru and don't have your sh!t ready the employees are talking mad sh!t. Have your damn acct number ready! If you don't know it don't be surprised if it ends up in another account. It will be fixed eventually, but in the mean time your bills won't be paid on time.

Oh and never let your kids play with the toys at the bank. They're never cleaned! Well the 5 years I worked there they were never cleaned.

don't let your kids play with the toys at the doctors' office either. if they get cleaned at all, it's an afterthought.

Ashy to Ashes

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
Another one that is good to know just in case. If you ever get caught driving intoxicated NEVER TAKE THE BREATHALYZER. Refuse. Don't say how much you have had to drink or anything. Matter fact, lie if you have to. Say you are sober and refuse the test. Either way you are going to jail for the night AND either way you are going to lose your license. However, refusal doesn't go on your record as an OWI conviction AND after a few months you can go back to court and petition to have it expunged.

This used to work in my city but now they draw your blood on site even if you refuse. They have a judge on call to approve it immediately.

RomanticRights

Pretending to be nice
Reaction score
Reactions
13,018 48 21
Alleybux
Flight Attendant A. Do not EVER use those pillows and blankets they are infested wit ebery virus and bacteria known to man.

Stupid question but i gotta ask. (I have watched fight club too many times) The oxygen masks are there to help you breathe in air emergency or is their real purpose to make you high therefore you won't panic about crashing and dying?

Bokeem Dietl

No. 81- Habitual Line Stepper (Ret.)
Reaction score
Reactions
283,347 7,521 6,203
Alleybux

Please elaborate...

Mockingbird

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
18,017 792 481
Alleybux
Learn us!

does that mean the guy jerked off right before giving the urine sample?

I've had a gyno appt and for some reason, something would pop into my mind that would make me horny, and then I would quickly try to get it out of my mind because I didnt want the doc to look down there and tell that I was wet from thinking some freaky shyt right before my appointment