Quantcast

Selena: The Series | Netflix

Rere84

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
580,970 19,673 2,219
Alleybux
Didn't they cut Chris out or something like that? As in he didn't have anything to do with production?

chocoholicdaydream

⋆well-known member⋆
Reaction score
Reactions
29,453 2,612 27
Alleybux
Is this a new actress?

I love it when they cast unknowns for roles like these. I have high hopes.

she's been acting since she was a kid, I remember her from ned's declassified

s320x240

Safelyup

God is Good
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
244,648 35,949 54,822
Alleybux
Is this a new actress?

I love it when they cast unknowns for roles like these. I have high hopes.
No she is pretty known she was on nick's most popular show neds declassified and was on the walking dead. shes been working since 2000, as a child actress.

she was on the walking dead for 6 years,
ustv-the-walking-dead-s06e02-still-02.jpg

and had a minor character in the twilight saga
angela-twilight-walking-dead-1512665338.jpg

aperolspritz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,614 627 122
Alleybux
J.lo had the perfect shape for Selena. This girl needed to eat a few Debbie cakes Selena’s butt and thighs were iconic! but maybe her performance will shock me

poorpluto

Czarina
Reaction score
Reactions
1,070 2 3
Alleybux
She’s TOO skinny. I get that she’s half-Mexican and they wanted to get that right this time around - but they sacrificed representing her actual body for it. Why couldn’t the actress just gain some weight, damn.

realtalkmusic

<span style="font-family: realtalkmusic;color: Vot
Reaction score
Reactions
161,041 9,001 3,579
Alleybux
I can't wait!

J-Lo will definitely be throwing shade when the good reviews come in.

I doubt it when her version is classic and still gets played on tv. Jlo had Selena body this girl doesn’t. Jlo may not look like Selena but she did her best. You can’t take that from her and the other actors that was in the movie.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
I'm trying to figure out what is so different about this new series than what we've already seen in the film? The same exact camera shots in this trailer were done in the film. The same exact dialogue. Literally word-for-word.

I'm still pissed that Chris isn't involved because I would have loved for them to go into her married life more than they did in the film. With him not being involved... that isn't even possible because how would Abraham know what their home life was like? When it was just Selena and Chris? Their life away from touring and performing? If Abraham goes into their home life in this series, I feel like it would be made up and that rubs me the wrong way.

Selena was more than just a daughter, sister and performer. She was also a WIFE.

realtalkmusic

<span style="font-family: realtalkmusic;color: Vot
Reaction score
Reactions
161,041 9,001 3,579
Alleybux
Some young folks are obsessed remaking things, This show will never get the hype as the movie, The young folks just need to watch the movie and call it a day.

I'm trying to figure out what is so different about this new series than what we've already seen in the film? The same exact camera shots in this trailer were done in the film. The same exact dialogue. Literally word-for-word.

I'm still pissed that Chris isn't involved because I would have loved for them to go into her married life more than they did in the film. With him not being involved... that isn't even possible because how would Abraham know what their home life was like? When it was just Selena and Chris? Their life away from touring and performing? If Abraham goes into their home life in this series, I feel like it would be made up and that rubs me the wrong way.

Selena was more than just a daughter, sister and performer. She was also a WIFE.

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
omg the actress look just like her! :cry:

They’ve done ALOT of editing in post production because that’s not how she looked in the initial trailer

All of this. There’s nothing that this series can possibly expand on in a desirable way that wasn’t touched on in the movie. This is another selfish Quintanilla money grab; they blocked Chris from making a miniseries about he and Selena’s relationship from dating to marriage just to turn around and pitch this series to Netflix. Like you said, something focused on their relationship would’ve been interesting to watch because that’s one aspect of her life the movie didn’t really explore: Selena the wife. I’ll definitely be passing on this when it comes on Netflix.

Related, did y’all hear that the cholo from the movie with the iconic “Anything for Selenaaaas” line passed away?
200.gif

MEEEETOOO

Da cutest chick u ever saw is a Chickasaw squaw
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
46,580 1,628 578
Alleybux

Chris should be involved being that was his WIFE, and he loved her so much.. Is Abrahmam still after all of these years hating on Chris and Selena's relationship? Or is something else going on?

DDC

BLESSED
Reaction score
Reactions
227,349 3,392 3,908
Alleybux
I really liked Selena, but I am so over her family (especially her dad) profiting off her death. Enough already.

LazyDaisy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
212,294 3,161 1,231
Alleybux

I don't understand the point of this series either. I don't know if they're going to expand on other things the movie had to cut out, be they major or minor. But I'm with you in that what would've made me jump instantly on board is seeing Chris's take on his life with Selena. That's something Selena fans are thirsting for. It's a side folks didn't get to see.

LazyDaisy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
212,294 3,161 1,231
Alleybux
From her movements in the trailer it looks like she might have captured Selena's vibe. I'll check it out because I love Selena but I prefer having Chris do his own project with Selena.

And Abraham looks creepier and creepier the more he harps on his unwarranted hatred of Chris.

trixie06

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,654 348 125
Alleybux
The actress doesn't look like her, too thin. I dont know what more they could cover in this series that the movie didnt.

Born2BeQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,876 13,239 4,335
Alleybux
They’ve done ALOT of editing in post production because that’s not how she looked in the initial trailer

All of this. There’s nothing that this series can possibly expand on in a desirable way that wasn’t touched on in the movie. This is another selfish Quintanilla money grab; they blocked Chris from making a miniseries about he and Selena’s relationship from dating to marriage just to turn around and pitch this series to Netflix. Like you said, something focused on their relationship would’ve been interesting to watch because that’s one aspect of her life the movie didn’t really explore: Selena the wife. I’ll definitely be passing on this when it comes on Netflix.

Related, did y’all hear that the cholo from the movie with the iconic “Anything for Selenaaaas” line passed away?
200.gif

Chris should be involved being that was his WIFE, and he loved her so much.. Is Abrahmam still after all of these years hating on Chris and Selena's relationship? Or is something else going on?

Do y'all know why they're so anti-chris?? It would be really great if they delved more into their love story in the movie. Is it b/c he released a book??

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
107,851 1,595 287
Alleybux
This was not needed AT ALL. What are they going to cover that they didn’t already in the movie? So dumb. Abraham stay making money off of her, even in her death.

I bet they took Chris out of the story : unamused: like he doesn’t exist. Or change up the story where they make him a bad guy and made her marry him.

poorpluto

Czarina
Reaction score
Reactions
1,070 2 3
Alleybux
Do y'all know why they're so anti-chris?? It would be really great if they delved more into their love story in the movie. Is it b/c he released a book??

Basically right after she died they had him sign a paper stating he gave away all his rights as her husband. The man was in the middle of grieving and all daddy could see was dollar signs. The movie was made, what one or two years, after she died? They know he has rights and his own stories - so they want to control that narrative. Selena’s dad was always controlling and always saw dollar signs - Chris was always in the way from his pov.

elisabeta

Reaction score
Reactions
129,744 2,563 747
Alleybux
well one thing about her family is that they refuse to let her legacy die... but by this point things like this feel like a cash grab

Maxine Barker

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,705 1,741 179
Alleybux
Basically right after she died they had him sign a paper stating he gave away all his rights as her husband. The man was in the middle of grieving and all daddy could see was dollar signs. The movie was made, what one or two years, after she died? They know he has rights and his own stories - so they want to control that narrative. Selena’s dad was always controlling and always saw dollar signs - Chris was always in the way from his pov.

That’s so trifling. That entire family is trash for treating Selena’s husband that way but it’s not surprising since we know how her father was when she was alive. Trying to run a grown woman’s life smh. She didn’t choose the controlling family she was born into, but she did choose to start her own family with Chris and it’s terrible that even in death, they’re not respecting her or her decisions.

Born2BeQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,876 13,239 4,335
Alleybux

That's so sad. I thought they built a good relationship over the years. Is it that they've never liked him or they just don't want him to profit off of her?

poorpluto

Czarina
Reaction score
Reactions
1,070 2 3
Alleybux
That's so sad. I thought they built a good relationship over the years. Is it that they've never liked him or they just don't want him to profit off of her?

I think it’s both. IIRC he didn’t want him to profit from anything related to Selena after her death, I believe there was even some litigation over the book he published. They never liked him or thought he was good enough but she went ahead and married him anyway, so good old daddy was losing control fast. She was only 23 when she died, still very young but coming into her own - definitely wrestling away from the tight control. What her family fail to realize is that she wasn’t just Selena Quintanilla, she was Selena Quintanilla-Perez, they’ve never honored that.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,032 5,914 5,609
Alleybux

I'm still going to watch it, even though you're right, it's not needed given she already got a biopic that still gets played to this day. It even covered pieces of Selena and Chris' relationship. Chris released a book, which would have been a great addition to this series because it's from his personal experiences with her. There are many other public figures who could use a limited series biopic. The actor from the classic "Anything for Selenas" scene passed away.