Serving the Snake

Sheeeesh88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,492 1,576 663
Alleybux
Serving the Snake

The Lord spoke to me this week. He spoke in a myriad of ways about the nature of those that serve the snake. The most poignant for me was through my cat Charlie. Charlie is my oldest cat and also my most fierce and territorial. He’s mostly outdoors for this reason. He mostly leaves the wildlife in my yard alone but this week he didn’t. He first attacked a monarch butterfly and left it on the porch. Anyone familiar with cats know that they will catch critters and leave them for their “master”. This is instinctual for them. So he attacked this butterfly but it was still very much alive. A small piece of it’s wing was ripped off but it could still flutter although it could not really fly. I brought the butterfly into the garden on my back deck to either recuperate or die. I surely expected it would die overnight but it didn’t it flew from my herb garden to my window pane then from there into one of my tomato planters, where it seemed to be doing well and restoring itself. This same day, which was they day after the butterfly attack, Charlie brought a chipmunk to the porch window and looked at me then dropped it on the sill. I looked at the chipmunk fully expecting it to be dead, but it was alive and still as a stone. So I went out to the porch and called Charlie to me so the chipmunk could get away. It ran off about 30 feet and I figured it was safe, but Charlie caught site of it again and took off after it and mauled a second time. I called him and he dropped it and I brought Charlie in the house this time so the chipmunk could really get away since Charlie seemed determined to bring it to me again. I went back out to check on the chipmunk and it was still alive but noticeably injured this time, where as the first time he wasn’t visibly injured, this time he was limping and seemed to have a spinal injury. The following morning I woke up to Charlie howling on the porch, I run out and he had brought the butterfly, yes the same butterfly he mauled 2 days prior. I guess he found it on the back deck recuperating and decided to attack it and bring it to me again. Both its wings were shredded this time and I was certain it was dead so I picked it up to toss into the leaves. When I picked it up I could see it was alive but gravely injured and would likely not make it this time around.

I realized this morning that God was using Charlie to teach me about the ways of those that serve the snake. Now if you’re Christian you know that serving the snake means serving Satan or being evil aka the sons of Belial. Those that serve the snake act instinctually similar to Charlie. They seek to attack beautiful and/or harmless creatures and bring them to their master. They do not take care when they bring these creatures to their master so they may be wounded but not dead. The butterfly and chipmunk represent those of us that may or may not know Christ but are generally harmless and beautiful in our own right as God created us. We may be wounded by this attack but lucky to escape the fatality of the snake. However those that serve the snake are relentless and will pursue you again if you’re anywhere near them and they catch sight of this they will maul you again and launch a series of attacks on their prey (you) to bring them to their master (Satan) again. These secondary attacks will gravely injure us and we may or may not survive the snake the second time around. So it is important when you come out of the grips of temptation/sin through whatever channels it might ensnare you (addictions, people, places, things), that you distance yourself far far away from them. For these are what Satan uses to entrap you and bring you to him. Many of us fall but through the love and wisdom of Christ we can escape. However, if we don’t heed God’s warning and stay far far away from the predators of the snake they will pursue us relentlessly and serve us up to Satan and while Christ is merciful and will deliver us again these secondary attacks will be more brutal and we will be gravely injured by the subsequent attacks.

Even though I was hurt by Charlie’s actions to attack the beautiful monarch and the harmless chipmunk I still love him as I realized he was just following his instincts. I couldn’t really be mad at him or punish him because he wouldn’t understand what he did wrong. So similarly to God teaching about the importance of getting far away from the trappings of temptation he also taught me about forgiveness of those that serve the snake. That they can be likened to a cat following its instincts to hunt despite being well fed. They are just doing what they have been wired to do and we should forgive and have compassion for them, because they don’t fully understand that they are causing great harm to God’s creature while serving their master.

GoldHeart

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,406 1,285 249
Alleybux
WOW this is full of wisdom and insight. This made me stop, take pause and think. Thanks so much for sharing this!