Quantcast

Seven-year-old boy is charged with rape after incident on Thanksgiving in upstate New York

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,964 274,463 8,222
Alleybux

Seven-year-old boy is charged with rape after incident on Thanksgiving in upstate New York​

• New York State Police charged the unidentified child, of Brasher Falls near the US-Canada border, with third-degree rape on March 23
  • The boy was released and will reportedly be tried as a juvenile delinquent
  • Authorities said the incident was first reported on November 26
  • A Queens attorney who handles youth defense cases slammed authorities as 'absurd' for bringing the charges against the 7-year-old
  • Under current state law, the minimum age of criminal prosecution is 7
  • Lawmakers are currently trying to pass a bill to increase the minimum age to 12
A seven-year-old boy has been charged with rape after an alleged incident on Thanksgiving in upstate New York.

New York State Police charged the unidentified child, of Brasher Falls near the US-Canada border, with third-degree rape on March 23, according to WWNY.

The boy was released and will reportedly be tried as a juvenile delinquent.

Authorities said the incident was first reported on November 26.

No further details have been released about the incident or about the age of the alleged victim.

A seven-year-old boy has been charged with rape after an alleged incident that took place on Thanksgiving in Brasher Falls, upstate New York

A seven-year-old boy has been charged with rape after an alleged incident that took place on Thanksgiving in Brasher Falls, upstate New York

It is also not clear what relation, if any, the suspect and the victim are to one another but police said the case will be handled in Family Court.

A Queens attorney who handles youth defense cases slammed authorities as 'absurd' for bringing the charges against the 7-year-old and said he believes it is almost an 'impossibility' that they will stick.

'Instinctually, it shouldn't happen that a 7 year old - I don't think you even could really realize what you're doing at 7 years old,' said Anthony Martone.

'So I think it's absurd to charge a 7 year old with rape. They'd have to prove he actually physically committed this act, which to me it almost seems to be an impossibility.'

Under current New York state law, children aged 7 and over can be arrested and prosecuted as juvenile delinquents.

Lawmakers are currently trying to pass a bill through Albany to increase the minimum age to 12 following a string of controversial arrests of young children.

Queens attorney Anthony Martone (pictured) who handles youth defense cases slammed authorities as 'absurd' for bringing the charges against the 7-year-old and said be believes it is almost an 'impossibility' that they will stick

Queens attorney Anthony Martone (pictured) who handles youth defense cases slammed authorities as 'absurd' for bringing the charges against the 7-year-old and said be believes it is almost an 'impossibility' that they will stick

In February, shocking footage surfaced of a 9-year-old black girl being pepper-sprayed by cops in Rochester as she begged 'please don't do this to me' and 'it burns'.

The video of the January 29 incident showed the handcuffed girl in the back of a police car crying as cops told her: 'You did it to yourself.'

The incident sparked an uproar and renewed calls to raise the minimum age of criminal prosecution statewide.

Public defender groups calling for change also point to a 2015 incident where a 10-year-old Bronx boy, known only as AW, was arrested by the NYPD after his 2-year-old sister suffered burns when he placed her on a radiator.

The boy was handcuffed and taken to a police precinct where he was interrogated by police alone.

Cuti3pi3

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,828 923 342
Alleybux
They should investigate the boys family or any adults in his life because kids who rape other kids learn that behavior from adults who are abusing them. It’s actually a common sign of child abuse

miss chief

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
219,869 12,104 8,064
Alleybux
That is learned behavior. 7 year olds shouldnt even know what xes is. Someone probably abused the boy and he abused another child as a result

FruitCake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,308 964 335
Alleybux
Well, what did he supposedly do? There are varying ways someone can rape that can change the severity of a charge. Was he a curious child being inappropriate with the victim and got caught by a relative that freaked out or was he imitating a full-on rape that shows he's been abused? A whole lotta nothing in this article.

Last edited:

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
They need more details than this.

same. they are saying the 7 yr old attempted rape, but to who and how did folks find out. i need more details but even if it is proof he did do it, he learned it from someone. that kid needs intensive therapy at that point and possibly be removed from family if that's who he learned it from. he's 7 yrs old for Pete sakes.

my 8 yr old has to be constantly told what not to do and be told what's right and wrong. that kid is learning something...or something bad has happened to him

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
I had a similar case like this. The child was the same age. They investigated the family, (elderly parents, who had him since he was a baby) and no wrong was found on their end. This was just a unique case in which the child did what he wanted to do. He used an object on another child. Before this, he tried to kill the family three times. Can't get into details, but the kid was a holy terror. His sibs feared him and he was younger than them. I saw it first hand.

banksy212

Triggering fonts like fleas on a Cl*t,
Reaction score
Reactions
99,260 6,182 2,312
Alleybux
How does a child learn to rape?

The family of the child needs to be investigated.

LoLu10Plus

Laughter is the best medicine.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,680 873 192
Alleybux
I had a similar case like this. The child was the same age. They investigated the family, (elderly parents, who had him since he was a baby) and no wrong was found on their end. This was just a unique case in which the child did what he wanted to do. He used an object on another child. Before this, he tried to kill the family three times. Can't get into details, but the kid was a holy terror. His sibs feared him and he was younger than them. I saw it first hand.
I know that many children that exhibit behavior like this have learned it through abuse. But I truly believe that some people are just born monsters. It may sound harsh, but I just believe that they have birth defects (for lack of a better term) that are internal and not external. I also believe that childhood can determine a child’s fate. Some people can fight against the hurt that was done to them and come through as normal adults, and some can’t. Many people just don’t understand how important a role childhood plays in person’s life.

I’m so sorry that you had to deal with such a horrific crime. I feel badly for the child and the people he will hurt throughout his life.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
But I truly believe that some people are just born monsters. It may sound harsh, but I just believe that they have birth defects (for lack of a better term) that are internal and not external. I also believe that childhood can determine a child’s fate. Some people can fight against the hurt that was done to them and come through as normal adults, and some can’t. Many people just don’t understand how important a role childhood plays in person’s life.

I’m so sorry that you had to deal with such a horrific crime. I feel badly for the child and the people he will hurt throughout his life.

Yes, I do too. I do know that when the child was a newborn, he had projectile vomiting. So, he stayed in the hospital for a while until they got it under control. Then, they gave the child to the grandparents. He never lived with his parents. He started acting up at the age of five, even the cops/fire dept. knew who he was. He did any and everything. No school wanted him. He was hospitalized many times. He tortured people no matter where he went. I believe he is in prison at this point.