Quantcast

The Talk Sharon Osbourne apologises for defending Piers Morgan

MrsBasset

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
13,391 1,939 112
Alleybux
Sharon Osbourne has issued an apology for comments she made about racism while defending Piers Morgan on her US chat show The Talk.

upload_2021-3-12_12-58-19.jpeg

The star was one of the first people to voice support for Morgan after he left Good Morning Britain over his criticism of Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

On Wednesday, she angrily challenged her Talk co-host Sheryl Underwood to identify when Morgan had been racist.

But she has now said she "panicked, felt blindsided [and] got defensive".

Osbourne's statement followed criticism on social media that she had appeared to belittle a black woman's experiences of, and perspective on, racism.

In Friday's statement, she apologised to "anyone of colour that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said". She explained that she had "allowed my fear and horror of being accused of being racist take over".

Morgan himself was not impressed. "Sharon's been shamed and bullied into apologising for defending me against colleagues accusing me of racism because I don't believe Meghan Markle," he tweeted.

"I demand an apology from those @TheTalkCBS bullies for their disgraceful slurs against ME."

Read more here.

Last edited:

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
Morgan himself was not impressed. "Sharon's been shamed and bullied into apologising for defending me against colleagues accusing me of racism because I don't believe Meghan Markle," he tweeted.

The ONE time I agree with Piers.

Sharon showed her ass, and now is being shamed into giving a bµllsh!t apology. Nah, stand in your disgusting truth, luv.

Makaiisa

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,626 60 45
Alleybux
Sharon can have several seats. The way she barked at Sheryl was uncalled for. You can state your opinions without being so nasty. I don't like her azz anyway.

talking2much

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
227,895 5,300 768
Alleybux
White folks are so strong in their stance when they're being their naturally racist selves then stay apologizing when they get their asses dragged. It's as predictable as a wash cycle; soak, drain, then spin. It's the same old stuff, over and over again. Then you have Mr. Punk Ass looking for an apology. He's the chronic victim. I think the perfect male counterpart for Karens should be called Piers, damn crybaby bullfrog looking ass that he is.

KB.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,322 1,460 422
Alleybux
She was never even accused of being racist (even though she probably is).

StarlessSky

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,854 1,040 531
Alleybux
The ONE time I agree with Piers.

Sharon showed her ass, and now is being shamed into giving a bµllsh!t apology. Nah, stand in your disgusting truth, luv.

She wasn’t bullied into apologizing. As someone said the potential threat to her $$$ changed her mind. Same with Pier Morgan. He went too far when he went on National TV and said he didn’t believe Meghan had mental health struggles while living at the palace. It ultimately got his ass canned.

People still fail to realize that free speech does not equal freedom from consequences. You can say whatever the hell you’d like, but best believe, you say something stupid and outrageous and people will strongly respond. And likely not in the way that you want.

BC Chica

Russian Bot
Reaction score
Reactions
211,334 8,533 3,149
Alleybux

In all fairness, on social media, yes people were most definitely calling her a racist for openly supporting Piers Morgan.

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
She wasn’t bullied into apologizing. As someone said the potential threat to her $$$ changed her mind. Same with Pier Morgan. He went too far when he went on National TV and said he didn’t believe Meghan had mental health struggles while living at the palace. It ultimately got his ass canned.

People still fail to realize that free speech does not equal freedom from consequences. You can say whatever the hell you’d like, but best believe, you say something stupid and outrageous and people will strongly respond. And likely not in the way that you want.

The threat to her money is a type of bullying. She was pressured into giving an apology.

baladar

genius lives only one story above madness....
Reaction score
Reactions
214,487 3,494 976
Alleybux
fµck Sharon's melted gargoyle looking ass.

fµck her right in the ear.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,425 152 189
Alleybux
I never watch that show anyway. Never cared for her, or any of them really.

That being said, Meghan and Harry really got some people in their feelings this week.

FinanceGuru

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
34,303 1,710 1,517
Alleybux
This is what triggered her and she had to pause and try to think was she racist or not. I didnt like the exchange - wrinkled b*tch said “Dont you cry?” Really? Sharon has bigger problems like her crackhead husband of hers. His nervous system is non-existant because he has inhaled every drug known to man. Piers is racist and the dogs are coming home for him. Never liked him and Im happy he is getting the fire.

420Zelle

Beautifully me. Accept it or move on.
Reaction score
Reactions
340,338 5,289 850
Alleybux
See this is why I don’t like Sharon or Piers.

They both are very racist but love playing the victim card. Sharon did what so many yt people do: ignore the obvious truth and gaslight.

The apology only came because she knows that she has managed to set herself up for whatever comes her way and it’s not going to be good.

Piers’s bitchass is another example of hypocrisy because as long as MM was sniffing around him, he was fine. The minute she realized that he’s not going to give her whatever she wanted, he took offense even though that’s exactly how he works.

Sharon needs to carry her ass back across the pond and call it a day. She may have lost the weight but she’s still the nasty piece of work that she’s always been.

AutumnSloane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,930 1,121 532
Alleybux
In 2015, Kelly Osborne made a racist stereotypical remark about Latinos on The View and Rosie was asked to apologize to Kelly. Now, look.

Anyway, no one bullied Sharon into apologizing. It was probably worth doing it because she was pressured with losing her job. And some of these WP have an issue with being held accountable while disrespecting people at the same time. They also love to hijack people's stories and make themselves the victim. That's what she and Piers are both doing.

And Sharon was getting accused of racism because this is not her first time at the rodeo not just because she was defending Piers and justifying his harassment of Meghan for years now. Whether you feel for Meghan or not, the sure entitlement of him using multiple platforms as a personal hate campaign isn't good. Which yeah, did and does have a racist tone and intent to it. I'm sure not very many BM would be able to do that.

She was also accused of getting Leah Reminni and Holly Robinson Peete fired because she personally didn't like them. Why they gave her old ass leather bag so much pull is another story especially since the show was not even her concept. She called one of them ghetto. I would have to look it up to remember which one. But neither is ghetto but opinionated.

And those types of apologizes are written by assholes..I'm sorry to anyone I have hurt..... I mean, f*ck you. That's not really the point. She needs to apologize to Cheryl since she's worked with her for years. I

And speaking of Cheryl, she has made me uncomfortable in the past but then I sort of gained a lot empathy hearing how she used to be on the road as a Black female comic, how she was supportive of other Black female comics,.,,etc.

I get why she didn't hit back aggressively. But some of these people need to remember this isn't the like it was even a few years ago. People are calling people to the carpet. It may go overboard sometimes, but it's still needed since white people have been and are always up to some sh*t when they are in power or gather together and unfortunately. Most of us have to navigate around, with, or through them. You may not have white friends but you are still dealing with them via laws, institutions, at work, etc via things they implemented that need accountability, exposed, or unraveled.

But Cheryl can speak up and defend herself more IF she chooses because if she gets fired for it or bullied, there is more backlash to that these these since there is a lot of exposure still going on with how these network operate. In cases like this social media can be good. I've personally never let a white person come at me any sort of way, job or not. My parents are that way as well and have always been that way even with high paying jobs. But I'm not Cheryl and I felt like she did what she thought was best or natural to her.

Liwe Liwe

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
114,257 3,528 2,743
Alleybux
In her autobiography she confessed to sending her critics, her children's poo in Tiffany gift boxes. Trash is trash.

She is racist, it's in the way she didn't allow Cheryl to talk, and stayed barking at her, even using the F word. The fact she doesn't know that racism can be covert, gives you an incite to her mindset. The way she was quick to defend Piers without doing her research to see what he has been saying.

Piers was very quick to say all sorts about Meghan, yet every time someone tabled the contrasting media reports on Meghan and Kate
  • On cradling the baby bump, Kate was said to be maternal; Meghan was said to be prideful and dramatic
  • On avocados, Kate was applauded for having a taste for nutritious food; Meghan was told her appetite for avocado was fueling gang warfare in Mexico.
  • On selecting lily bouquets, Kate was applauded for staying on code as per royals; Meghan was said to have endangered Charlotte's life.
Independent of comparisons to Kate, a newspaper article spoke of Meghan as being "Straight out of Comptom", which was a way of basically saying she was from the ghetto and introducing exotic DNA into the Royal Family (they weren't talking of her mother's side).

When Meghan took to working with the women of Grenfell Towers in their kitchen, and compiling a cookbook which raised DOUBLE the funds required to keep the kitchen open...it was said she was fundraising to support a terrorist organisation.

Piers stayed accusing Meghan of having ghosted her father, yet not once did forcefully challenge Thomas Markle for how he was behaving. Thomas Markle was caught up in lie after lie, for example he claimed that Harry and Meghan never offered him any support and cut him off. When Meghan filed her court papers, it came to light that herself and Harry in the run up to wedding actually maintained contact, and even offered to send someone to guard him from media entrapment. Recently, a High Court judge ruled that MoS, Piers employees- in publishing a letter that Meghan had written to her father- were in breach of her privacy. To this end he ordered them to pay her almost 0.5 million pounds in compensation and to issue a front page apology for ONE WEEK.

Not once, did Piers acknowledge the lopsided incendiary reporting. Every time the guests on his show Afua Hirsch or Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu tried to raise these points, he would shout them down. It was no longer about voicing his opinion, it was about vilifying Meghan and painting her as a manipulative, dodgy, grasping, greedy, and dare I say, angry Black woman.

He tried to argue that Diana, Fergie, Kate, Sophie and Camilla, had all been treated badly by the media. Thing is, these women were all guilty of the things they were being accused of
Diana- manipulating the media and the public, numerous affairs
Fergie- engaging in lewd behaviour with her boyfriend in front of her child, demanding cash for access to Prince Andrew
Sophie- trading on her royal connections to entice clients to sign up to her PR Agency
Camilla- the Royal *********
Kate- lazy, never did a day's work other than sit around and wait for William to propose. On getting married she displayed zero work ethic.

Meghan has done nothing to warrant the vitriol. When Harry and Meghan went public, Andrew Morton, Princess Diana's biographer flew to LA and camped out in Meghan's neighbourhood, and set about interview each and every one who knew and NO ONE had a bad word to say against her. He even unearthed the fact that Thomas Markle won the lottery, and then conspired to keep the winnings from Doria because he didn't want the alimony payments to be adjusted to take his winnings into consideration. He then used the winnings as leverage to let Meghan stay with him. Meghan moved in with him aged 13, at a time when girls need their mothers the most. One of Meghan's teachers said that it was clear living with her father was very stressful for Meghan.

Her treatment at the hands of the Royal family was appalling. Diana suffered the same fate, the whole nation was aghast when the truth finally came to light. Piers Morgan acts as if he learnt nothing from the Diana debacle. The way he dismissed Meghan's claims of racism and mental health speak of a man who was not just voicing his opinion, instead he was using his platform to gaslight this woman who he doesn't even know.

I am confident to say that a yt girl would not have been treated like that!

Anyone who supports Piers is racist.

Last edited:

lilkunta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,971 1,810 2,283
Alleybux
Is this for real?
Is she really cancelled? Is she suspended from the show for some time?
I have not liked her for years!

Her husband--who she was a mistress to- cheated on her. Instead of blaming him she and her daughter publicly slammed the mistress, putting out her phone # on twitter.

And we all know she would sent feces/poop in tiffany boxes to people she doesnt like.

Sharon has a problem and has had it for years.
@Kermit77

The cancel culture mob claims another victim.

View attachment 2389951

lilkunta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,971 1,810 2,283
Alleybux
@Liwe Liwe Very detailed post. yes Sharon is trash. I havent liked her for years.

I remember thos articles on holding their stomachs and the avocados. Media was negative on Rachel.

If you could answer these please
1)Didnt the Royal Family Wedding Planners plan the weddings? So Cath and Rachel didnt have a say in bouquets?
2) I remember that 'straight outta compton' article. Neither Doria or Rachel is from Compton. Anyways, waht exotic DNA did they mean if not Doria's ?
3) Whatt who is POS? Piers was part of that lawsuit?
Did they pay her yet and run the apology?
4) So he attacked Diana, Fergie, Kate, Sophia, Camilla doe she hate all ladies. How is he married?
. . ..4a) Wait, Fergie had xes in front og beatrice/eugenie?
I really dont follow these Brits. Wow.
. . .4b) Cath did graduate high school and work for her family company. How has she displayed zero work ethic?
5)Why did Andrew Morton go to Cali when she lived in Canada?
. . . 5a) I didnt know Morton unearthed that Thom won the lottery. Wow he is good investigator. And Thom has been scheming for years it seems. Did Doria ever find out that Thom wont the lottery and that is why he wanted Rachel to live with him? How long did Rachel live with Dad? Age 13 until age what?

Piers did ht work for News of the world and he was checking a missing girls' voicemail and breaking into celeb' voicemails?

Kima Greggs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,460 207 28
Alleybux
This had better be a prelude to Sharon announcing that she's leaving or taking time of to educate herself. Maybe she can split the cost and classes with the Bachelor host.

Liwe Liwe

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
114,257 3,528 2,743
Alleybux
Anyone who supports Piers is racist.
@Liwe Liwe Very detailed post. yes Sharon is trash. I havent liked her for years.

I remember thos articles on holding their stomachs and the avocados. Media was negative on Rachel.

If you could answer these please
1)Didnt the Royal Family Wedding Planners plan the weddings? So Cath and Rachel didnt have a say in bouquets?
2) I remember that 'straight outta compton' article. Neither Doria or Rachel is from Compton. Anyways, waht exotic DNA did they mean if not Doria's ?
3) Whatt who is POS? Piers was part of that lawsuit?
Did they pay her yet and run the apology?
4) So he attacked Diana, Fergie, Kate, Sophia, Camilla doe she hate all ladies. How is he married?
. . ..4a) Wait, Fergie had xes in front og beatrice/eugenie?
I really dont follow these Brits. Wow.
. . .4b) Cath did graduate high school and work for her family company. How has she displayed zero work ethic?
5)Why did Andrew Morton go to Cali when she lived in Canada?
. . . 5a) I didnt know Morton unearthed that Thom won the lottery. Wow he is good investigator. And Thom has been scheming for years it seems. Did Doria ever find out that Thom wont the lottery and that is why he wanted Rachel to live with him? How long did Rachel live with Dad? Age 13 until age what?

Piers did ht work for News of the world and he was checking a missing girls' voicemail and breaking into celeb' voicemails?

It's not POS, it's MoS. Mail on Sunday. The sister paper to Daily Mail. And no, Piers was not part of the lawsuit but he writes articles for them!

I don't know if Piers directly attacked all the aforementioned Royal Women, but the papers he wrote for definitely carried articles about them.

Fergie was caught frolicking with some American billionaire, there were half naked- Fergie was topless- and dude was sucking her toes. They may well have had xes before or after the pictures were taken, who knows. Fact is, the toe sucking moment was caught on celluloid complete with poor Beatrice in the frame. Google it.

Kate working for her family was just a front to make her look occupied. In reality this allowed her to get time off at the drop of a hat, in a way that a normal employee would not allow. Overall it meant she would be at Prince William's beck and call. She then worked as a buyer at Jigsaw, a high street wear shop owned by her parents friends. According to those in the know, she barely showed up for work half the time. What I find so annoying is that she did well academically A/A/B in Maths, Art and English (Maths and Art A levels are not a joke!). A long time ago, the GCSEs were watered down, so the jump from GCSE to A Level leaves a lot of student struggling. Achieving an A in Math is quite the challenge. Based on this, in my opinion she was a smart girl who would have gone on to have a decent career. I really thought she would bring something to the table in terms of wit and intellect...she's has allowed them to suck the life out of her and she looks miserable and bitter.

As the Jesuits say, give me the child at 6, and I will show you the man. Morton went to Cali because he wanted her childhood story, the gossip on her formative years. He unearthed zero, zilch, nada, diddly squat! No one had a bad word to say about Meghan.

The only person who spoke shyt about her was Ninaki. Her wittering only served to make people question her credentials as a friend.

Blk Bill Gates

Best revenge is yo paper
Reaction score
Reactions
33,740 576 525
Alleybux
She only "apologized" because the network threatened her job.

She can keep her lil apology that she typed on her notes app. Sharon completely showed her slip and not only was she wrong for her defense of Piers, the way she talked to Sheryl was abhorrent. She spoke to her like she was 3/5ths a person. There is not ONE black woman on any network that can speak to someone like that without immediately losing her job. Now, had Sheryl verbally retaliated on Wednesday she'd have her sh!t in a box today. THAT'S the level of racism we deal with in this country. Either allow your white coworker to verbally berate you on camera and do nothing but take it or lose your job.

VENTITRENA

Taurus Nation
Reaction score
Reactions
127,212 3,685 2,097
Alleybux
In all fairness, on social media, yes people were most definitely calling her a racist for openly supporting Piers Morgan.
I did not have a problem with her defending him she s*** and he s*** but my problem was with the way she came at Cheryl and the other lady. That's what the racist sh!t was for me.

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,125 865 625
Alleybux
If she had shame, she wouldn't have made those remarks to begin with. Her apology doesn't come from shame, it comes from removing the liability tag she placed on herself in order to ensure it doesn't upset her employment.

I don't really read online comments - are people shouting for apologies or do these apologies come from people that call out their bµllsh!t? Because if it's the former, I really wish people would stop trying to force apologies out of people. Apologies for things that people aren't sorry for or haven't educated themselves on the matter mean nothing. Who does it serve to force an apology?

Not my apology to accept but Sharon has shown her ass with this.

jackieup

trying not to comment
Reaction score
Reactions
51,554 2,116 1,290
Alleybux
Eh..
I don’t care about her.

But this brings me to “the friends you keep”
I don’t know this piers Morgan dude but he seems like a grade A piece of sh!t.
Even if he didn’t say anything overtly racist, he treats people like sh!t on the regular.

not sure why anyone, especially a woman, would be friends with him.
So, that makes me side eye any of his supposed friends.

plus, who is the snowflake here?
White people act like you insulted their whole family if you say the word “racist” in their vicinity...
Even when Sheryl did her best to make clear that she wasn’t calling Sharon a racist...
Raise the belt and the dog flinches.
Sharon Osbourne has issued an apology for comments she made about racism while defending Piers Morgan on her US chat show The Talk.

View attachment 2389841

The star was one of the first people to voice support for Morgan after he left Good Morning Britain over his criticism of Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

On Wednesday, she angrily challenged her Talk co-host Sheryl Underwood to identify when Morgan had been racist.

But she has now said she "panicked, felt blindsided [and] got defensive".

Osbourne's statement followed criticism on social media that she had appeared to belittle a black woman's experiences of, and perspective on, racism.

In Friday's statement, she apologised to "anyone of colour that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said". She explained that she had "allowed my fear and horror of being accused of being racist take over".

"I demand an apology from those @TheTalkCBS bullies for their disgraceful slurs against ME."

Read more here.

AaaBb

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,007 97 140
Alleybux
fire this lost, empty and pathetic soul!! CBS needs to Fire Sharon Osbourne

James Foster on Twitter: "White privilege & white fragility = this response from Sharon Osbourne. Gross. https://t.co/M3KsoYyUM5" / Twitter

i am proud of the way cheryl underwood handled this however is the check that good?? i kinda wish she would have risked her job and told her "as a friend" you ain't sh!t!! i just can't stomach this type of stuff:
tenor.gif

***eta all posts about matt rowan, the parasite who called those hs basketball payers the N word is not being shown, they all say has to be approved by moderator***

Last edited:

FunSizeB

A mind opened to everything & attached to nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
76,436 3,086 258
Alleybux
She is awful. Hell she’s probably as racist as Piers Morgan. Like attract like

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
Ain’t she the one that stayed with her crazy drug addicted rockstar husband after he tried to choke her to death while high one night? She stayed and kept her kids in danger around a lunatic man with murdering tendencies because she didn’t want to leave the dack and she’s calling someone else ghetto? She actually has the nerve to be racist as well I never like her annoying pruney ass

Last edited:

ManolosAndManicures

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,186 1,414 268
Alleybux
I never thought having watched VH1 Celebreality 10 years ago would make me more informed about the world...but here we are.

Sharon was on a VH1 show and got into a physical altercation with a contestant to the point that said contestant sued her and the network and reached a settlement. This really tells me all I need to know about her: a woman in her 50s resorting to putting her hands on someone, on national TV.

It’s only because of white privilege that she is even on TV right now...

For her to call someone ghetto when she...well...her and her whole family are that word we aren’t allowed to use here.

Mamadab

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,472 1,512 682
Alleybux
Ugh.She was so aggressive.She was like "Don't you dare cry" to Sheryl. Excuse me? You don't get to tell black people how to react to anything let alone racism. The fact that she was crying towards the end really bothered me. So you get to be a victim because someone asked you a question but Sheryl is not allowed to be upset by racism?