Quantcast

Sharon Osbourne calls Harry the 'poster boy of white privilege'

AquaPlant

Jay-Z's Wig Needs Some Cécred
Reaction score
Reactions
22,896 1,604 757
Alleybux
  • Osbourne, 68, appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday where she repeatedly told the host that she is 'fine' and a fighter'
  • She also doubled-down on her comments by complaining about 'wokeness' and dismissing claims from Meghan Markle that started the controversy
  • Markle, 39, had revealed she had suicidal thoughts while a member of the royal family in a bombshell interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey last month
  • Prince Harry and Markle had also made claims of racism and lack of support from the family
  • Piers Morgan had said after the interview: 'I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report'
  • Morgan was forced out from ITV's Good Morning Britain on March 9
  • Osbourne had then defended Morgan, her friend, on a March 10 episode
  • CBS announced that Osbourne left the talk show on March 26

Sharon Osbourne sat down for her first interview following her forced exit from The Talk after defending Piers Morgan over his Meghan Markle comments while calling Prince Harry the 'poster boy' of 'white privilege.'

The furious talk show star appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday where she hit out at claims she was 'racist' and slammed 'woke culture' for cancelling anyone who couldn't keep up with changing 'acceptable' language.

'I'm angry. I'm hurt,' Osbourne said when asked about the scandal that saw her leave her show on March 26, after 11 years.

'I've been called so many things in my life. I am so used to be called names. But a racist is one I will not take,' she said.

The scandal began in the wake of Prince Harry and Meghan's explosive interview with Oprah, where they claimed Meghan experienced racism as a royal and even felt suicidal.

Morgan had said after the interview: 'I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report.'

The British journalist was immediately forced out of his role as host from ITV's Good Morning Britain on March 9, following his comments.

Osbourne, 68, leapt to Morgan's defense on The Talk, saying she supports her friend 'for his freedom of speech'. The comment lead to tense exchange with co-host Sheryl Underwood and eventually lead to the ousting of Osbourne and a flurry of claims from her former colleagues about her alleged racism.

On Friday, Osbourne, wife of legendary rocker Ozzy Osbourne, sat down with Maher to address the scandal.

Maher asked if the racial allegations being thrown around meant that 'you have to agree with everything Meghan Markle says or you're a racist? Is this the standard now?'

'Okay, I'm trying to go back and think of the words that somebody who is meant to be an expert in 'woke' language,' Osbourne responded, 'as is acceptable today, saying that it took away her feelings and that she's entitled to her feelings and that she was stripped of those by Piers.'

Osbourne added that Meghan is 'entitled to her opinion and Piers is entitled to his and that's what it's all about and then you are entitled to a disagreement.'

She argued that Meghan's claims about the royal family were baseless and her allegedly cold welcome would have been offered to anyone coming into the family.

'[The Queen] is from a different generation,' Osbourne said. 'They are notoriously non-huggy. I get it, because of her age. She's from a different generation.'

She also criticized Harry for his criticism when she claimed he was a classic example of 'white privilege.'

'You know when they say white privilege? You know, right there with Harry. Right there. He is the poster boy. So you know, he sits there and says 'daddy cut him off and he's not on the wages anymore' and he was boohooing about it,' Osbourne said.

'You can't feel empathy for that. Because you're a healthy, bright, educated young man. You can do whatever you want to do. Your life is your own.'

She added: 'But disagreeing with somebody does not make you a racist in my book.'

Osbourne later said: 'This word that they throw out about the cancel culture and it is, what are you doing? I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm a fighter and I'm doing just fine.'

'It's about maybe not knowing what is correct and woke for your language that day because it changes from day to day what is correct and what isn't,' she said.

'You cannot blanket every race. There is good and bad in every race.'

During the interview, Maher also prompted Osbourne about her relationship with Morgan.

‘Oh he’s just a friend of mine, we’ve worked together over the years,' Osbourne said.

Maher then asked her to recall a story about Morgan once seeing her breasts.

Osbourne largely side-stepped the question, but admitted that Morgan saw 'just one.'

'Behave,' Osbourne warned Maher.

Osbourne also addressed claims from former co-hosts which accused her of using racist slurs against people of Asian descent and lesbians. Former co-host Holly Robinson Peete had accused Osbourne of calling her 'too ghetto' while Leah Remini said she called Julie Chen 'wonton.'

'I never ever said that Leah Remini was a whatever she said. I don't even use those words. They are not in my vocabulary. And for Holly, you know I think I said it all when I printed the text she sent me,' Osbourne said.

She added: 'It's disgruntled ladies.'

During the explosive exchange with Osbourne, Underwood - who is black - pushed back hard and accused Osbourne of downplaying Morgan's comments.

'Educate me, tell me when you have heard him say racist things,' Osbourne said.

'I very much feel like I'm about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend, who many people think is a racist, so that makes me a racist?'

Underwood later claimed Osbourne never apologized to her in a three-part series on her podcast titled 'Sharon Walks Away.'

Osbourne refuted her claim that she never apologized after their on-air row by revealing exclusive screenshots of her text messages to DailyMail.com.

'I not only sent these messages to Sheryl but I apologized to her in person in her dressing room,' Osbourne told DailyMail.com.

'Why are you saying I never apologized Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me?

'Why are you trying to destroy my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me.'

Sharon Osbourne talks exit from The Talk after defending Piers Morgan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All of this because of a crazy Oprah Interview.

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,605 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
At this point you can't feel sorry for rich ass white POS like Sharon Osborne and Bill Maher.

Move on and get a stiff upper lip like the Brits always like to mention.

collegegal1997

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
96,319 1,818 449
Alleybux
Shessh the power that Meghan possesses. Lol she got all of London on their toes, tracking her every move, and on fight mode...

banksy212

Triggering fonts like fleas on a Cl*t,
Reaction score
Reactions
99,223 6,176 2,312
Alleybux
I do agree that prince harry is the epitome of white privilege, so she is not wrong there.

Piers believing Meghan was lying about suicide, was just too far. It is not his or anyone’s place to discredit someone who is speaking out about suicidal ideation.

As much as I don’t really understand someone who marries into an institution that made its money off of cleansing african/carribbean nations, acting shocked about the racism of members in said racist institution.

Piers and Sharon were wrong about discrediting someone’s experience with suicidal ideation.

CakeSlice

The term "of colour" is a nothing burger.
Reaction score
Reactions
144,503 6,658 6,182
Alleybux
They’re obsessed with Harry because his wife is PARTIALLY Black.

Isn’t her son white privilege? What about Prince William and Andrew?

Mantsho

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,122 13,156 9,082
Alleybux
Here come the 'Harry is the Kang of black love' sympathisers. Sure he doesn't come from a monarchy built from the riches brutally stolen from Africa and let's not forget Meghan 'Princess of the blacks' would have played along with the racists if they had accepted her.

Yes, he has privilege because he can leave this unscathed and will be welcomed back into the fold.

images

Zuul

Are you the key master
Reaction score
Reactions
5,185 565 27
Alleybux
Her husband pissed on the Alamo. She needs to just STFU.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Ha. Sharon has some nerve talking about privilege. Isn't she the one who got in the entertainment industry due to nepotism? Her father, right?

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,868 2,253 1,262
Alleybux
Both Sharon Osbourne and that big forehead, big nose, closeted homosexual can kick rocks! He invited her on his show just so they can have a b!tch session about how "not racist" they are. The whole point of this was to denigrate and dehumanize Sheryl Underwood and Meghan Markle's experience and feelings. It was pathetic and of course racist. Denying racism IS the new racism.

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,868 2,253 1,262
Alleybux
And for those fonts on the short bus, nobody is denying that Harry is privileged. The Oprah interview was about the racist and abusive treatment his wife endured at the hands of British media and the apathy of that so-called family. His privilege didn't and can't stop racism.

If you are Black and are on the side of white supremacy you are pathetic!

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
She is so pathetic.
Ikr she got caught making racist comments about her co workers and dismissing Meghan and Harry’s claims on racism and mental health and now she wants her job back lol. She’s still supporting Peirs Morgan who is the definition of white male privilege the dude has been viciously hating and obsessing over another woman who’s done nothing to him for years without little consequence so it’s obvious she don’t care.
Ha. Sharon has some nerve talking about privilege. Isn't she the one who got in the entertainment industry due to nepotism? Her father, right?
who was her daddy? Isn’t it because of her batshit crazy rockstar husband? I still couldn’t stand her though long before the racism accusations.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Ikr she got caught making racist comments about her co workers and dismissing Meghan and Harry’s claims on racism and mental health and now she wants her job back lol. She’s still supporting Peirs Morgan who is the definition of white male privilege the dude has been viciously hating and obsessing over another woman who’s done nothing to him for years without little consequence so it’s obvious she don’t care.

who was her daddy? Isn’t it because of her batshit crazy rockstar husband? I still couldn’t stand her though long before the racism accusations.
Apparently Sharon's dad worked as a manager in the music industry and Sharon became a manager as well and it's said that she stole Ozzy from her dad and that's part of the drama between Sharon and her dad falling out. Ozzy then got divorced and married Sharon....who apparently he was messing around with before he got divorced.

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
Apparently Sharon's dad worked as a manager in the music industry and Sharon became a manager as well and it's said that she stole Ozzy from her dad and that's part of the drama between Sharon and her dad falling out. Ozzy then got divorced and married Sharon....who apparently he was messing around with before he got divorced.
Damn I didn’t know her daddy was his manager. I knew she was the side ho though, he had a whole wife and kids before her She was a grown 27 year old doing that mess so it’s not like she was a lovestruck teenager/young woman she should have known better, shame on both them though it’s not shocking they seem to both lack morals.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Damn I didn’t know her daddy was his manager. I knew she was the side ho though, he had a whole wife and kids before her She was a grown 27 year old doing that mess so it’s not like she was a lovestruck teenager/young woman she should have known better, shame on both them though it’s not shocking they seem to both lack morals.
Yeah I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that Ozzy was managed by Sharon's father first and then Sharon became Ozzy's manager.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
At this point you can't feel sorry for rich ass white POS like Sharon Osborne and Bill Maher.

Move on and get a stiff upper lip like the Brits always like to mention.

U cant feel sorry for Harry either. He is rich and living well even tho daddy cut him off, he still thriving.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
Why do I feel like I believe Sharon about Sheryl lying about her apologizing. Didnt Sheryl get called out by the other queens of comedy for lying on them about that phone call. I mean should we be so quick to truly believe Sheryl who we all known is desperate for her job because she needs to takecare of her family. Osbourne aint desperate so she has no reason to lie.

Honey JHive

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
203,667 6,884 3,836
Alleybux
I'm not reading all of that but sure Harry (and William) is the embodiment of white privilege. That's why it's important for people in their position to speak out against white supremacy and inequity.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
I'm not reading all of that but sure Harry (and William) is the embodiment of white privilege. That's why it's important for people in their position to speak out against white supremacy and inequity.

The only thing Harry was speaking out about was his daddy cutting him, that is what his privilege ass was upset about/

Honey JHive

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
203,667 6,884 3,836
Alleybux
The only thing Harry was speaking out about was his daddy cutting him, that is what his privilege ass was upset about/

Well, I could see why he's hurt by that. I think his own extremely wealthy father not funding his and his grandson's security is odd. I still don't understand that decision.

BigChoppa

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
12,635 267 31
Alleybux
For as many people that claim not to care about H + M, there sure is a lot of focus on everything they say or do. The man is literal royalty. He has the highest level of privilege available to anyone anywhere. That fact does not negate the racism his wife experienced from both the BRF and the British press.

I do not keep up with the Sussexes at all, but even I've noticed that there is always this weird push to discredit Meghan's experience. Saying that she's lying about suicidal thoughts is completely out of order.

FutureMD

FLOTUS. Philanthropist. Jack's Wifey.
Reaction score
Reactions
166,847 5,301 1,347
Alleybux
I do agree that prince harry is the epitome of white privilege, so she is not wrong there.

Piers believing Meghan was lying about suicide, was just too far. It is not his or anyone’s place to discredit someone who is speaking out about suicidal ideation.

As much as I don’t really understand someone who marries into an institution that made its money off of cleansing african/carribbean nations, acting shocked about the racism of members in said racist institution.

Piers and Sharon were wrong about discrediting someone’s experience with suicidal ideation.
Agreed.

lejhern17

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,793 87 44
Alleybux
Yep!

That entire The Talk segment that lead to Sharon’s exit is a masterclass in white privilege and white woman tears.

Harry is definitely full of white privilege, but she’s the last one to talk after her behavior then and now.

Last edited:

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,483 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
Yep!

That entire The Talk segment that lead to Sharon’s exit is a masterclass in white privilege and white woman tears.

Harry is definitely of white privilege, but she’s the last one to talk after her behavior then and now.
Sharon often relied on her British crassness to be "entertaining" and she blew a gasket at Cheryl while playing dumb and thought she could get away with it. Of COURSE people are going to be suspect of a person who defends someone who is perceived as being racist and hostile towards a mixed race/black woman. That kills me how people get so hostile and irate when people bring up racism. If you're not a racist person you wouldn't get THAT heated at the mere discussion of racism, right? These hit dogs be hollerin.....