She STOOD OUT

I have lurked on this site for years.
Reactions
7,017 23 21
Alleybux
The office investigated whether the political project violated the Hatch Act following a complaint filed by the group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

Patton had been the vice president of the Eric Trump Foundation and reportedly planned Eric Trump’s wedding before her appointment to a top post at HUD, where she regularly drew criticism for making political statements on the job.
She had tangled with Hatch Act complaints before. The same Office of Special Counsel reprimanded her in 2019 for using her official government Twitter account to promote political tweets and displaying a red “USA” hat sold by the Trump campaign in her office.
Earlier in 2019 she had posted to Facebook that she “honestly [didn’t] care anymore” whether she was violating the Hatch Act with her tweets.
Noah Bookbinder, president of the ethics group that brought the complaint, called the employment ban “gratifying.”
“Even in an administration marked by a callous disregard for ethics laws, Lynne Patton stood out,” Bookbinder said in an emailed statement Tuesday. “What made her behavior particularly egregious was that she not only used her position for political purposes, she misled and exploited public housing residents for political gain, showing little regard for the people she was supposed to be helping and the ethics rules she was supposed to be following.”
Patton did not immediately respond to a request for commentFormer Trump HUD official fined, barred from government employment

Reactions
59,495 1,871 1,382
Alleybux
This is why I don't take all job and career complaints seriously in that thread.

You are at your whit's end with the public you serve, but you accepted a job under a trump you weren't qualified for.

She should have sat there and ate up the white privilege they did extend to her. Going from wedding planning to a HUD director is THE career change (at least financially).

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

So... does anybody "get" Eve's Bayou?
I've just watched this for the millionth time, and it's just as powerful today as 24 years ago. There is so much going on in this movie. What I'm...
9ja gist live 2021 (Brand New Tea Thread)
Good morning my neighbours. Saheed is the one to blame. As a man, he can't handle his affairs. Why marry a second, if you're not man enough...
Biden’s first time home buyer program
So only people with parents who rented their entire lives qualify? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. In CA especially people...
Would you be ok with renting forever?
Lies I’ve been to both plenty of times even fonts in this thread agreed with me on the home values in la proper and said they’ve been priced out...
Dionne Warrick says Mariah , Brandy, Mary J and Toni are not icons
What is she on? Besides the successful music career, Brandy had a whole TV show, movie, and a Barbie doll. :disdain One of the best Barbies to...
Chris Cornell Blind Item - Might Explain His Death XII
What? She said that about who? What's that pix of? And this Toni Vasil you are anything but elegant, classy, respectful and well educated.
Any of You Dated White Cops or Firemen?
*looks at join date* IGNORED Damn shawty just ignored me like i was the only brotha in the club.
Daunte Wright called his mom before being shot. George Floyd yelled for his. As a Black mother...
Yep. Yep! I’m glad more black women are speaking about this behavior. I wish we heard this perspective more so.
Top Bottom