Quantcast

Short-Throw Projectors?

Rumplestiltskin

Knee-Jerk Contrarian
Reaction score
Reactions
116,741 17,255 1,867
Alleybux
I’m thinking about replacing a tv with a projector and I’m wondering if any of you have one or could tell me what to avoid of look out for. In particular, I’m concerned about how long one could expect the bulbs to last or if any of them get dangerously over-heated after being on for certain period of time.

KardiKi

Marketing Director of The Daily Punctilio
Reaction score
Reactions
20,754 361 91
Alleybux
Cool. How are you liking it?
I was setting it up that day hence no review
I love it.
I'm not big on tv specs so I can't give comparison details. It was somewhat of an easy setup, trying to align it took some time. Watching it with the blinds open is doable. The sound is good for me but I was gifted a soundbar yesterday so I will hook it up. Looking forward to the 3D movies. It comes with apple tv shipped separately, you pay the subscription.

Someone suggested VANKYO Leisure 3 1080P Supported Mini Projector but I stopped looking once I came across the vava. The reviews I saw always had vava providing more overall satisfaction and quality at the price point.

Rumplestiltskin

Knee-Jerk Contrarian
Reaction score
Reactions
116,741 17,255 1,867
Alleybux
I was setting it up that day hence no review
I love it.
I'm not big on tv specs so I can't give comparison details. It was somewhat of an easy setup, trying to align it took some time. Watching it with the blinds open is doable. The sound is good for me but I was gifted a soundbar yesterday so I will hook it up. Looking forward to the 3D movies. It comes with apple tv shipped separately, you pay the subscription.

Someone suggested VANKYO Leisure 3 1080P Supported Mini Projector but I stopped looking once I came across the vava. The reviews I saw always had vava providing more overall satisfaction and quality at the price point.
Thanks for giving me more info. Does it get hot? How many hours do they say the bulb will last? Does it come with 3D glasses? That’s cool it comes with ATV. How far do you have it from the wall?

KardiKi

Reaction score
Reactions
20,754 361 91
Alleybux
Thanks for giving me more info. Does it get hot? How many hours do they say the bulb will last? Does it come with 3D glasses? That’s cool it comes with ATV. How far do you have it from the wall?
Haven't watched a full movie yet. Mainly short videos and logging in all the streaming accounts.

The lamp shelf life is 25,000 hrs.
3D glasses not included, ordered some off amazon at $9/14 a pop, the cardboard ones price $6.
It's roughly 3-4ft away from the wall could be closer but I'm still cleaning up the cords from other devices.

Knew I wanted a projector at least a year ago and bought a short console prior. Finally gave in once it became clear teleworking would remain for a while.
Standing right next to it you can hear it but not from the couch.
I recommend buying whichever you choose directly from the company.

KardiKi

Reaction score
Reactions
20,754 361 91
Alleybux
Update:

It does get area around it does get hot, but a few feet back, you'll be fine. The vava phone app is trash. Sometimes I can't connect my phone. But again I mainly stream quick videos and lectures so this isn't and issue currently.

Still a happy purchase