Quantcast

SimGuru Drake Leaves Maxis!

Reaction score
Reactions
3,065 59 7
Alleybux
So there is a SimGod?! Hopefully whoever takes her place is respectful to the community.
giphy.gif

Amanda Drake (SimGuruDrake), Community Manager to The Sims 4, has announced that she is leaving Maxis next week. She took to the forums with a statement.

So this is probably one of the hardest posts that I’ve ever had to write in my career.

I never thought that I’d actually get the opportunity to work on one of my favorite video game franchises, with one of my favorite studios, and with the most amazing development team that I’ve had the pleasure of working with. Now, almost three years later, I’m getting ready to say good bye to all of my amazing co-workers and to this amazing community. I’ve been having to prepare for this day for over a month now, which is a large part of why I’ve slowly been removing myself from engaging with you all, and there have definitely been good days (jokes and smiles) and bad days (lots of crying) leading up to when things will be coming to an end.

Next week will be my last week as your Global Community Manager and with EA.

I wanted to spend sometime in this post talking about all of you. We’ve all shared some ups and downs together, it was definitely a bumpy road when I joined and I inherited a lot of anger with regards to content that was missing from the game. In that time a lot of you talked to me, either publicly or privately, about stuff you wished to see and suggestions for how to build better transparency with all of you. Out of that came the Quarterly Teasers, more relaxed communication with the SimGurus, and The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack (one of my absolutely favorite projects to work on).

There is a lot to be said about your dedication to this franchise that most folks who don’t play The Sims just won’t understand (trust me, try explaining to someone who does not play about why not having Toddlers in the game was a big deal) but you continue to show your love and creativity with us every single day. You continue to provide us with feedback, let us know when we miss the mark and when we get it right, and you are all always so open with sharing your ideas for what you would like to see in the game (and others have gone a step further and created that content themselves for all of you to enjoy through Mods and CC.) You are a one of a kind community whose passion I could always relate too, even if I didn’t play the way you did you were always so open with talking to me about what you feel would be great things to add to make your play style more enjoyable.

We all share a love for this franchise and studio that withstands it all and while I will be sad to not be here to be your voice I am looking to just being a fan once more.

To those I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in person: Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me about things you want to see in the game, sharing your creativity and passion, and for all of the wonderful conversations we’ve had and the memories we’ve shared.

To everyone in these forums: Thank you. We’ve had our ups and downs, but you’ve all continued to be dedicated and open to sharing your thoughts / opinions and continuing to welcome more new folks to this space. Please be kind and understanding to whomever steps into my shoes, they will be taking on a lot but having you all as guides will make their jobs so much more fulfilling. Be open to sharing your play styles, your stories, your creations, and your passion with them and others.

To the wider community: Please remember that you are all part of this amazing and wonderful community, whether you are engaging only on Twitter, writing blogs on Tumblr, running fan sites, making guides, helping other players with troubleshooting, or creating content on YouTube / Twitch. You are ALL part of the community and ALL of your voices matter. Please continue to share your feedback and creations with the SimGurus, they love sharing your stuff with the entire team.

I have a new journey that will take me outside of California and while I am sad to be leaving you all I am excited for things to come.

MichaelMYERS

Stalking Laurie Strode's ass since 1978
Reaction score
Reactions
309,312 4,737 1,693
Alleybux
giphy.gif

Thank you God.
Hopefully we can get some of them other fuckgurus out of there as well.

Maybe TS5 won't be trash.

CaramelnMotion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,584 1,262 203
Alleybux
Oop! Bish!
giphy.gif

Ah-HA!
giphy.gif

One of many who ruined the game with her greedy, sarcastic, smug caucazoid bµllsh!t.
giphy.gif

Your laundry pack services are no longer needed.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dag dag, heaux!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

X I U

Primordial
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
19,485 568 380
Alleybux
This is random as hell but am I the only one who misses the soundtrack from The Sims. The original one. Sims 4 music is so trash I have it on mute in the game play options.

CaramelnMotion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,584 1,262 203
Alleybux
This is random as hell but am I the only one who misses the soundtrack from The Sims. The original one. Sims 4 music is so trash I have it on mute in the game play options.

Yup, straight trash from The Sims 4 catalog!
giphy.gif

The Sims 3 soundtrack was good, but The Sims 2 soundtrack was the best! Both had diverse genres with talented artists attached to the projects.

X I U

Primordial
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
19,485 568 380
Alleybux
giphy.gif

The Sims 3 soundtrack was good, but The Sims 2 soundtrack was the best! Both had diverse genres with talented artists attached to the projects.

Sims 2 music was good too. I def agree with that. Never played sims 3 though. Just went straight to boring ass Sims 4. Gorgeous graphics, but boring. There are so many things missing in the sims 4 that were present in previous games... which makes no sense at all if the game is supposed to be advancing. I guess this was purely about graphic advancement and not gameplay.

Hell even the sims freeplay app is better than this sh!t.

dynamic_death

When you trust your intuition, you always win.
Reaction score
Reactions
16,674 360 79
Alleybux
Wow I never knew that GuruDrake was a woman!!
I thought they were that male guru With the glasses and the silly looking face.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,488 17,395 15,541
Alleybux
giphy.gif

yall better download yall own music, my sh!t stay on the pop station with my sims bumping sh!t!

CaramelnMotion

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,584 1,262 203
Alleybux
I don’t know anything about the Sims. So you can pull rank with this game?

The SimGurus are developers and creative architects of the game who are also tasked to complete community engagement to gather valuable feedback for improving/troubleshooting the game.

They are also the most condescending, obtuse bunch I've seen in The Sims universe. They hate even the most minute constructive criticism.

They have a god complex which is funny since the game is centered around gamers "playing god"--And many of the simmers, especially the Black ones, are more talented gawds than these bland bishes cashing EA & Maxis checks.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,488 17,395 15,541
Alleybux
Oop! Bish!
giphy.gif

Ah-HA!
giphy.gif

One of many who ruined the game with her greedy, sarcastic, smug caucazoid bµllsh!t.
giphy.gif

Your laundry pack services are no longer needed.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dag dag, heaux!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
OHHHHHHH she made that sh!t..

Who in the fµck thought this was a good idea?
"In The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack, your Sims will enjoy new gameplay focused on the most relaxing of chores: laundry. Sims will install sparkling new washing and drying machines to their homes, so they're always wearing the best and brightest clothes. For Sims who prefer being out in the fresh air, they can also use a washtub to scrub stains to their hearts' content, then hang dry on the clothesline to peacefully admire their hard work."

sweetlafrique

Clapback Novice
Reaction score
Reactions
13,790 663 951
Alleybux
The SimGurus are developers and creative architects of the game who are also tasked to complete community engagement to gather valuable feedback for improving/troubleshooting the game.

They are also the most condescending, obtuse bunch I've seen in The Sims universe. They hate even the most minute constructive criticism.

They have a god complex which is funny since the game is centered around gamers "playing god"--And many of the simmers, especially the Black ones, are more talented gawds than these bland bishes cashing EA & Maxis checks.
Damn that sucks. So you mean to tell me that you can’t escape condescending whites and nepotism is your own universe?

blvckrose

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,803 392 20
Alleybux

No you're not the only one. The music in original Sims was so good, I would sing along even though they're not really saying anything.

Now Maxis, when are you going to give us Seasons? How about adding burglars in the game now since Vampires can sneak into my Sims house and bite them. Some witches would be nice too. Modders are outdoing Maxis and should be given their coins as a matter of fact, they need to hire some of these modders SMH

hereforthetea1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,577 2,083 2,641
Alleybux
Sims 2 music was good too. I def agree with that. Never played sims 3 though. Just went straight to boring ass Sims 4. Gorgeous graphics, but boring. There are so many things missing in the sims 4 that were present in previous games... which makes no sense at all if the game is supposed to be advancing. I guess this was purely about graphic advancement and not gameplay.

Hell even the sims freeplay app is better than this sh!t.
TS3 had great music. It was a lot catchier than TS4.

MargaeryTyrell

I Don't Want To Be A Queen. I Want To Be THE Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
178,335 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
OHHHHHHH she made that sh!t..

Who in the fµck thought this was a good idea?
"In The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack, your Sims will enjoy new gameplay focused on the most relaxing of chores: laundry. Sims will install sparkling new washing and drying machines to their homes, so they're always wearing the best and brightest clothes. For Sims who prefer being out in the fresh air, they can also use a washtub to scrub stains to their hearts' content, then hang dry on the clothesline to peacefully admire their hard work."

The expansion packs for Sims 4 piss me off. How you gonna make a game about doing the laundry?! It’s one of the most mundane tasks to do irl. Why would we want to entertain ourselves with this? We play games to escape boring sh!t like this in real life. In Sims 3 washing machines were just a mere add on you could find on buy mode . To make a whole game on this sh!t is just lazy. I’m LOLing at the description. They really trying HARD to make doing laundry exciting lmao.

KissMeHerione

Himeko Elizabeth
Reaction score
Reactions
97,141 2,372 701
Alleybux
Bye Ashy. She was fake quirky and whiny and I hated her.

Sims 2 was goat but sims 3 had bops too. I love when artists make similish songs also.

I want some simlish Future sh!t!

Wait...

arubiana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,685 293 76
Alleybux
FINALLY!!!!!! She was awful at her job, I hope her new position is far away from from paying customers. I’m surprised Maxis/EA didn’t fire her long ago

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,641 11,233 14,342
Alleybux
I'm seeing this thread a Month ago so i guess they found a new Sim manager who will respect fans of the game. & Did they plan to update the game and give us the free world mod or nah ?