Quantcast

UPDATE Single mom gets over 100K in donations after arrest for leaving kids alone to go to work

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,904 19,022 12,528
Alleybux
Did the 24 yr old mother Shaina actually tell her side of the story? I have not seen that only the sister's version.

At this point, I would not feel comfortable giving anything to anyone here.

Ntsap

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
199,966 5,634 2,257
Alleybux
This is so sad but I would watch the reality show. WeTV get on it. So Jai’Sean and Shaina have a son and daughter and his mom also took in her daughter by another man. Why didn’t she have her son? Why was he able to get the little girl if he isn’t the biological father? There needs to be more funds for social problems. Hopefully a social worker takes her under their wings. Her oldest children’s family seem emotionally abusive. I can see why she moved out.

Watermelon21

I'm all about fresh fruits in 2021
Reaction score
Reactions
37,226 1,435 277
Alleybux
Shaina's new GFM started by her mother. I love how people understand she needs help..not prosecution.

CYMERA_20210215_210817.jpg

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,278 2,047 329
Alleybux
Can she get into some kind of vocational program? Like LVN or something. I really feel for her a baby at 14 she had no guidance and clearly no one looking out for protecting her when she was still a baby herself.
Also a good money manager?

devilicious

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,959 7,677 2,603
Alleybux
This is from the woman who made the GFM. She posted under the moms post.

Just wanted to clear the air a bit. I started the fundraiser and for the first few hours the purpose of the fundraiser was to get money to directly help Shaina and the kids. After $2,500 was raised and after learning more about the situation, I felt the need to change the nature of the gofundme to make sure the kids are taken care of and have everything they need. The initial $2,500 would go to exactly what people were donating to, to Shaina herself. The remaining money would be used, as specified in the gofundme update, to get the kids everything they need, stock up on toiletries, groceries etc. and that

I was just trying to look out for the kids, which in turn helps Shaina out, too. I have deactivated the donations per shainas request and I’m looking into how to refund everyone’s donations. I hope Shaina changes her mind and takes the help, $2,500 is a deposit and first months rent on a house and then some! Plus her kiddos would be set up with anything they need.

None of this was set up as a scam, just a regular mom here trying to do what I can to help while also looking out for the people who have donated. At the end of the day, all of the money/donations would be helping to support the kids.

I’m working on doing what Shaina has asked and figuring out how to return the donations.

View attachment 2320453
View attachment 2320524

That’s why we should never donate to any gofundme that is not created by the person or a close relative.

Her mother created a gofundme

Help Shaina Bell Rebuild her Children's Life, organized by Danielle Hosey

devilicious

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,959 7,677 2,603
Alleybux
I’m assuming this is the dad?

link is safe and photo of them in the link. I can’t post it, though.

Youngstown police say parents threatened each other with knives while holding baby | WKBN.com

Police investigating a fight in Youngstown said they arrived to find a woman holding a knife in one hand and a baby in the other.

It happened early Sunday morning at a house in the 300 block of Marmion Ave., according to a police report.

Police said Shaina Bell dropped the knife when officers arrived. She told police that her boyfriend, James Brown, also had a weapon, according to the report.

Police said Shaina Bell dropped the knife when officers arrived. She told police that her boyfriend, James Brown, also had a weapon, according to the report.

Police said Brown was found with a box cutter in his pocket.

He told police that Bell pinched him and said he told her, “If you keep putting your hands on me, I’m going to put my hands back on you,” the report stated.

Brown said at that time, Bell went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. He told police that she began to thrust it at him, as if she was going to stab him, the report stated.

Police said Bell told officers that she tried to get away from Brown, but he followed her around the house. She said he pulled a knife on her, so she grabbed another knife to defend herself.

Bell told police that Brown threatened to slice her neck, according to the report.

Police arrested Bell and Brown, and they were each charged with domestic violence.

They confiscated the knife and box cutter.

The report does not specify what happened to the baby.

What the hell!

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
A 10 year old is old enough to be home alone. There are no laws in her state about how old a kid should be home alone. This woman was working. Why aren't her? Many parents have to make hard choices right now.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
No. I’m sorry. I have 10 year old twins. My daughter is actually pretty mature for her age. She is NOT old enough to look after a 2 year old for ANY amount of time. In an emergency, she would panic, as would most children. Kids also react in unpredictable ways if a younger child won’t stop crying, for example. I know that my kids freaked out when I went to the market for a half hour and the electricity went out due to some weird neighborhood issue. And my kids aren’t unusual for their age. It is not appropriate for a 10 year old to babysit a 2 year old for hours. I would not leave my 10 years olds with a toddler for an an hour. Maybe 15 minutes... MAYBE but I’m not sure. Developmentally most kids are just not mature enough for that type of responsibility.

We need to do better for working parents in this country, not expect children to be responsible for other children.

There are plenty of 10 year olds who walk to school alone and who stay home alone with their siblings. I know I did. Your 10 year old might be immature but not all 10 year olds are. The child is 10 not 5 or a newborn.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
Havent read through the whole thread yet but I will say sh!t’s different for black people. An immigrant asian left his two young children in the car with the engine running in SF and someone stole it. He got a pat on the back and $145k from a GFM. This woman here is criminalized. Stark differences

Yep. It's obvious

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
Havent read through the whole thread yet but I will say sh!t’s different for black people. An immigrant asian left his two young children in the car with the engine running in SF and someone stole it. He got a pat on the back and $145k from a GFM. This woman here is criminalized. Stark differences

Yep. It's obvious

KindDivine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,452 4,014 2,436
Alleybux
Can she get into some kind of vocational program? Like LVN or something. I really feel for her a baby at 14 she had no guidance and clearly no one looking out for protecting her when she was still a baby herself.
Also a good money manager?

She could have done that 3 kids ago. She is poor and qualifies for free education and childcare. It obviously wasn't a priority. She doesn't really want better but she likes having babies, men, and being in poverty and not having a stable family. She's a 24 year old adult who doesn't give a fµck. We all know even without anyone saying it. That the children's medical coverage is paid for by the government so she is/was aware of her options.

Last edited:

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,351 11,279 1,506
Alleybux
There are plenty of 10 year olds who walk to school alone and who stay home alone with their siblings. I know I did. Your 10 year old might be immature but not all 10 year olds are. The child is 10 not 5 or a newborn.

A 10 year old should be immature..because they are 10.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux

You know what I mean. 10 isn't 5 or 2. There are 10 year olds walking to school alone and staying home alone. There are no laws in Ohio stating what age to leave a child alone. Not every 10 year old is the same either.

Teens can be immature. So should a 14 year old not be home alone? Is that next? Punishing parents by leaving their 14 year old alone?

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
She could have done that 3 kids ago. She is poor and qualifies for free education and childcare. It obviously wasn't and priority. She doesn't really want better but she likes having babies, men, and being in poverty and not having a stable family. She's a 24 year old adult who doesn't give a fµck. We all know even without anyone saying it. That the children's medical coverage is paid for by the government so she is/was aware of her options.
Someone with sense. I’m failing to see why others are being sympathetic.

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
Exactly. Black people and their adultification. Forcing a child to be an adult before their time. Why should a child have responsibility for a toddler. That’s why so many black girls are victims of xesual abuse because they’re being exposed to adult things when their brains aren’t fully developed.

Calling someone else’s child immature is a sign of rudeness so to argue that s/he was left alone and came out okay is questionable

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
You know what I mean. 10 isn't 5 or 2. There are 10 year olds walking to school alone and staying home alone. There are no laws in Ohio stating what age to leave a child alone. Not every 10 year old is the same either.

Teens can be immature. So should a 14 year old not be home alone? Is that next? Punishing parents by leaving their 14 year old alone?
I can only speak for UK law but I think what you’re describing in Ohio law is similar to our guidance. Whilst there’s no age on which a child should be left alone, the parent should use their discretion. They should have regards to the time of day, security of the property, health and safety risks etc. Leaving a 10 year old home alone may be okay, but to have responsibility of a 2 year old is stupid, at night in a motel where others could have had access.

FinallyLoggedIn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
336,125 9,100 3,945
Alleybux
How is the sister accusing Shaina of chasing clout when she’s not even the one who started the gofundme?

Her story isn’t making sense to me. So Shaina had a place for her kids to go, but chose to leave them in a motel? What does the family taking Shaina in have to do with this? She’s sounding like she’s coming up with a bunch of reasons as to why they deserve the money over Shaina.

If the kids are well-taken care of by their father (as she claims), then NOBODY needs the money, right?
Whoever this person is getting on social media bashing the mom, is the worst one out of all of them. I think she’s jealous.

DZbornak

I’m not patronizing you, I’m a-mocking you
Reaction score
Reactions
152,840 5,367 1,568
Alleybux
I didn’t say a 10 year old can’t be home alone. I was born in 1982, myself and everyone I knew was a latchkey kid growing up. At 10 I was alone after school and handled myself just fine. What I said is that a 10 year old cannot be responsible for a 2 year old for hours. They cannot. No 10 year old is mature enough for that, it doesn’t matter their IQ or experience level. I would not leave a 10 year old home alone with a 2 year old for even a half hour. It’s dangerous. And that is why in most states it is also ILLEGAL.

All 10 year olds are immature developmentally. Do you understand what the prefrontal cortex development of a 10 year old is? Most of them still engage in magical thinking and believe in things like Santa and the Easter Bunny. Even if they did not, they are literally immature brain development wise and you cannot count on them in an emergency to know what to do.

What would the average 10 year old do if someone started choking, started bleeding uncontrollably, had an asthma attack, had an allergic reaction, fainted, etc?

Like I said, my kid is mature but I wouldn’t trust her to watch a baby. That’s just foolish. I wouldn’t leave her by HERSELF for hours, I certainly wouldn’t expect her to care for herself and a baby for hours. That’s dumb as hell. If you do that with your 10 year old, get ready for Child Services to come get your child, and then you’ll be hiring me to represent you when you get charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Minor. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve handled such a case.

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
Because she obviously didn’t have a good upbringing. And then an 18 yr old man got her pregnant at 14. Who knows how manipulative he probably was... I would like to see her have a chance to rebuild.
Then she can rebuild herself while her children are in the custody of competent adults. When she’s responsible enough she can seek to have access to her children. We can’t keep making excuses for poor parenting while children suffer.

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
I didn’t say a 10 year old can’t be home alone. I was born in 1982, myself and everyone I knew was a latchkey kid growing up. At 10 I was alone after school and handled myself just fine. What I said is that a 10 year old cannot be responsible for a 2 year old for hours. They cannot. No 10 year old is mature enough for that, it doesn’t matter their IQ or experience level. I would not leave a 10 year old home alone with a 2 year old for even a half hour. It’s dangerous. And that is why in most states it is also ILLEGAL.

All 10 year olds are immature developmentally. Do you understand what the prefrontal cortex development of a 10 year old is? Most of them still engage in magical thinking and believe in things like Santa and the Easter Bunny. Even if they did not, they are literally immature brain development wise and you cannot count on them in an emergency to know what to do.

What would the average 10 year old do if someone started choking, started bleeding uncontrollably, had an asthma attack, had an allergic reaction, fainted, etc?

Like I said, my kid is mature but I wouldn’t trust her to watch a baby. That’s just foolish. I wouldn’t leave her by HERSELF for hours, I certainly wouldn’t expect her to care for herself and a baby for hours. That’s dumb as hell. If you do that with your 10 year old, get ready for Child Services to come get your child, and then you’ll be hiring me to represent you when you get charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Minor. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve handled such a case.
Excellent response, my learned friend. I feel sorry for for some of the children who belong to some of these fonts. Don’t represent them! Claim professional embarrassment (or whatever the equivalent is in your country).

It really annoys me when people argue that they were left home alone young and it was okay. Just because our parents did it doesn’t make it right. We should seek to improve on whatever our parents did not revert to old ways.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux

Thats you and your situation not everyone else's. Especially parents without childcare or outside help. What law does it say what age can siblings watch younger siblings? So now arrest parents for trying to work and make money. If they didn't work people would shame them. Work they're still shamed

If thats the case teens shouldn't watch younger siblings either because their brains aren't developed fully.

I was 10 watching my siblings. I practically raised them and I know many others who did too. And yes many kids and many 10 year olds are alone with their siblings. It's common in the hood or in cases like this one. You're comparing your kid who probably grew up more privilege than the 10 year old who actually has to be alone and watch their siblings.. Your 10 year old can be a kid other 10 year olds have to be the parent and grow up fast. It's it right? No. But putting parents in jail instead of helping them isn't helping the parents or the kids.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
Excellent response, my learned friend. I feel sorry for for some of the children who belong to some of these fonts. Don’t represent them! Claim professional embarrassment (or whatever the equivalent is in your country).

It really annoys me when people argue that they were left home alone young and it was okay. Just because our parents did it doesn’t make it right. We should seek to improve on whatever our parents did not revert to old ways.

So mom and dad have to work there's no childcare and bills have to get paid. So either the parent brings the kids to work, find childcare, or let the oldest watch the siblings.

Not everyone has the luxury of having childcare or someone watch their kids. If you were never in that situation you wouldn't understand it.

AngelicaPickles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
258,107 18,352 2,704
Alleybux
I can only speak for UK law but I think what you’re describing in Ohio law is similar to our guidance. Whilst there’s no age on which a child should be left alone, the parent should use their discretion. They should have regards to the time of day, security of the property, health and safety risks etc. Leaving a 10 year old home alone may be okay, but to have responsibility of a 2 year old is stupid, at night in a motel where others could have had access.

Honestly I feel bad about this whole situation. The only thing is this mom was arrested and the Asian parent got over $130k and sympathy.

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux
So mom and dad have to work there's no childcare and bills have to get paid. So either the parent brings the kids to work, find childcare, or let the oldest watch the siblings.

Not everyone has the luxury of having childcare or someone watch their kids. If you were never in that situation you wouldn't understand it.
Before drawing conclusions, please read the thread. I posted my experience of being left home alone as a child. I hated it.

My understanding is that she’s entitled to free childcare because she’s a low earner. Governments put services in place for those who need to work and need childcare or benefits for those who can’t work. She obviously didn’t access those options for whatever reason known to her. Responsible parents make arrangements for the safety of their children first.

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux

Last edited:

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux

Her family sounds like they're taking the money for themselves.
I think so too. Shaina’s mum will be wearing the latestlace fontal in her next Instagram post!
Honestly I feel bad about this whole situation. The only thing is this mom was arrested and the Asian parent got over $130k and sympathy.
I don’t know about the Asian case, but my views are the same. Anyone who leaves their child home alone and responsible for another child should be penalised. Looking at Shaina, there are probably some aggravating features to her case which led to the arrest. Maybe the circumstances in which they were left, previous convictions or warnings, how the children were found. Not sure, but she had a child at 14 and has pink hair, so I can’t take her seriously!

Last edited:

Cocoa2410

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,400 9 4
Alleybux

Before drawing conclusions, please read the thread. I posted my experience of being left home alone as a child. I hated it.

My understanding is that she’s entitled to free childcare because she’s a low earner. Governments put services in place for those who need to work and need childcare or benefits for those who can’t work. She obviously didn’t access those options for whatever reason known to her. Responsible parents make arrangements for the safety of their children first.
Her family sounds like they're taking the money for themselves.
I think so too. Shaina’s mum will be wearing the latestlace fontal in her next Instagram post!
I don’t know about the Asian case, but my views are the same. Anyone who leaves their child home alone and responsible for another child should be penalised. Looking at Shaina, there are probably some aggravating features to her case which led to the arrest. Maybe the circumstances in which they were left, previous convictions or warnings, how the children were found. Not sure, but she had a child at 14 and has pink hair, so I can’t take her seriously!
Thats you and your situation not everyone else's. Especially parents without childcare or outside help. What law does it say what age can siblings watch younger siblings? So now arrest parents for trying to work and make money. If they didn't work people would shame them. Work they're still shamed

If thats the case teens shouldn't watch younger siblings either because their brains aren't developed fully.

I was 10 watching my siblings. I practically raised them and I know many others who did too. And yes many kids and many 10 year olds are alone with their siblings. It's common in the hood or in cases like this one. You're comparing your kid who probably grew up more privilege than the 10 year old who actually has to be alone and watch their siblings.. Your 10 year old can be a kid other 10 year olds have to be the parent and grow up fast. It's it right? No. But putting parents in jail instead of helping them isn't helping the parents or the kids.
Why don’t parents think about their own personal circumstances; childcare, money, accommodation etc. before having children? She’s 24 with 3 children. I accept that circumstances may change from the decision to have a child to the situation you eventually find yourself in, but people should pass their adult responsibilities onto their children who should be entitled to a childhood. Maybe prosecuting her will serve as a deterrent to others.

Lady2023

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,286 1,413 1,108
Alleybux
‘She Wasn’t Hanging Out at a Club: Hip Hop Exec, NBA Player and Others Donate Nearly $100K to Single Mother Arrested for Leaving Children While at Work

A young single mother of three is receiving tons of monetary and moral support after she was arrested for leaving her children in a motel room while she went to work at a local Little Caesars.

Shaina Bell, 24, of Liberty Township, Ohio, was charged with two counts of child endangerment after someone called the police and reported there were two children, ages 10 and 2, at a Motel Six by themselves on Thursday, Feb. 11.

Police said upon arrival the older daughter told them Bell was at work and would be home around 10 p.m. When confronted by the officers, Bell said she had someone check on her kids every hour while she was at work, according to WFMJ21.

The children were turned over to their father and Bell was booked into the county jail. Bell pled not guilty to the charges and was released the following day on Friday, Feb. 12.

A GoFundMe campaign organized to “Help Shaina Bell Rebuild her Children’s Life” was organized by a woman named Danielle Hosey, who said she is Bell’s mother. The campaign states, Bell “works hard and she loves her family very much” but could use help “establishing a safe and permanent home.” At the time of this writing it had raised over $95,000 dollars.

“I too was a single mother once. I see your hustle and am so sorry this happened. Keep fighting to give your children a better life. I also was once a social worker, such misguided handling of this situation where resources for childcare vouchers could have changed this mother’s life,” one donor who said they were “heartbroken” by Bell’s story wrote.

“I remember being a young single mother, we do what we have to do and I applaud you for working and trying to hold it down. God Bless You, God Keep You — and the babies. My pastor always says, “God will catch you up in a hurry.” What the enemy meant for bad is turning around for your good. Glory!” added another donor.

In addition to those on GoFundMe, Bell was also offered some help from a hip-hop executive and NBA player. Quality Control Music Label co-founder Pierre “Pee” Thomas donated $10,000 to Bell’s campaign, and NBA player JaVale McGee also donated $5,000.

Someone get me this young lady info,” Thomas commented under the story of an Instagram account that shared the story. “My mom used to have to do the same thing when we were young, not cause of abandonment issues, it’s because people can’t afford child care working at a pizza shop. She wasn’t hanging out at a club. She was at work.”

Bell has a court hearing scheduled for April, but many supporters are hoping she won’t face any consequences for trying to provide for her family. They are also widely sharing her GoFundMe and asking people to support.

“Damn this is sad. Why punish her for doing the right thing? She wants to work, it would’ve been stronger to provide her a support system,” tweeted user @tamaralig. “I wish I were close by! Now she’ll have never ending legal issues for being a provider to her kids.”

In the GoFundMe campaign’s description, Hosey thanked everyone for their support.

We understand that everyone has a story and we are grateful that you are listening to ours. From the bottom of our hearts we not only appreciate the financial contributions, but also the outpouring of support in the form of kind words and understanding,” the campaign stated.

Last edited:

Lewa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,032 1,800 815
Alleybux
Well that’s good. I think she was trying to do the best she could, considering.

Last edited: