Quantcast

So THIS is how Beyonce dances these days...

GiftFromGawd

Team Buster
Reaction score
Reactions
1,964 98 34
Alleybux
ONE WORD personality.

They probably had personality....

Eh, that's subjective. I honestly think that she could get by simply because people don't go to see Beyonce as a DANCER anyway. It's a part of the package, but it's not necessarily what carries her, if that makes any sense.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,325 1,793
Alleybux
Eh, that's subjective. I honestly think that she could get by simply because people don't go to see Beyonce as a DANCER anyway. It's a part of the package, but it's not necessarily what carries her, if that makes any sense.

I do like her work ethic. But I feel like she needs to reinvent herself and move away from this ratchet music she's been putting out there lately and STOP cussing. Also I do agree with the wear and tear of the dancing on her body. I don't know how my next favorite artist(after Prince) Janet keeps doing it. I know U have to strike when your hot nowadays. Maybe she should pursue more acting roles.The camera LOVES her.
princebeyonceGG.jpg

BTW Prince ADORED her!

GiftFromGawd

Team Buster
Reaction score
Reactions
1,964 98 34
Alleybux
I do like her work ethic. But I feel like she needs to reinvent herself and move away from this ratchet music she's been putting out there lately and STOP cussing. Also I do agree with the wear and tear of the dancing on her body. I don't know how my next favorite artist(after Prince) Janet keeps doing it. I know U have to strike when your hot nowadays. Maybe she should pursue more acting roles.The camera LOVES her. View attachment 377922

BTW Prince ADORED her!

I think she is just doing what is trendy. Honestly, that is what she generally has done with her music, only she stays in the R&B realm. What I meant about Beyonce and her dancing is that she is not a dancer, but she is a singer who can also dance. It's all a part of her overall package, but if she were not BEYONCE, she could only get by with her singing if it came down to it.

In Janet's case, I do not know for sure. From the clips I have seen, she may not be doing her most difficult choreography. It could also be that she has not been touring as heavily within the past decade or so. Therefore, there has not been as much wear on her body. I'm only guessing here.

Beyonce is still doing well though. I don't know why everyone is acting like she is done. Her next solo album release or two will be interesting though.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,325 1,793
Alleybux
I think she is just doing what is trendy. Honestly, that is what she generally has done with her music, only she stays in the R&B realm. What I meant about Beyonce and her dancing is that she is not a dancer, but she is a singer who can also dance. It's all a part of her overall package, but if she were not BEYONCE, she could only get by with her singing if it came down to it.

In Janet's case, I do not know for sure. From the clips I have seen, she may not be doing her most difficult choreography. It could also be that she has not been touring as heavily within the past decade or so. Therefore, there has not been as much wear on her body. I'm only guessing here.

Beyonce is still doing well though. I don't know why everyone is acting like she is done. Her next solo album release or two will be interesting though.

I agree Beyonce's not nearly done. Which gives her time to reinvent herself as a more mature person with depth and integrity.

Janet is on her EIGHTH current tour now. I still feel it could catch up to U. Hopefully it spares Janet and she can have a healthy pain free life. Lord knows I can't handle anything happening to her.

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,856 1,064 802
Alleybux
There are plenty of past entertainers who did nothing, but sing, and they still could entertain crowds. If Beyonce stopped dancing, why couldn't she rely on her singing, like them?
Because she can carry the notes, but she has a very nasal voice, that is irritating over an extended time. Also her R&B popish songs are not that deep, interesting or complex (but she makes money as songwriter, and producer). However she is a hard working performer, and her delivery is better than almost anyone out there (MJ did it best), as long as she keeps moving, keeps a lot of people onstage, brings fireworks, wind machines, marching bands, holograms, and any other shiney objects to keep your mind engaged.

Singers like Whitney have great voices and can mesmerize you with that alone. So until she completely broke down, that was all she needed to do is sing.

poisoningdawell

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,608 1,226 570
Alleybux
Locking down that money, while she is still young and relevant, so she doesn’t have to be a 60 year old Madona out here touring.

She'll still be out touring at 60, if she has any sense. Tina Turner did it! She tours because that's how artists get paid in the streaming era and she can pack out stadiums.

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,856 1,064 802
Alleybux
She'll still be out touring at 60, if she has any sense. Tina Turner did it! She tours because that's how artists get paid in the streaming era and she can pack out stadiums.
Tina is a very good entertainer, but she was broke and in debt as a result of the tour with Ike. She agreed to pay it all back, and had no cash money, which is why she started touring with Rock n Roll people like Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, and the rest. It turned out to be a very savvy move, and since they had already copped her style, worshiped her as a singer, and those of early Blues/R&B guys it worked. I mean the Rolling Stones still do it, they are on the road.

I won’t be going to see her, even now, I’ll get the cliffs. But you enjoy your Bey concert 30 years into the future.

poisoningdawell

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,608 1,226 570
Alleybux
Tina is a very good entertainer, but she was broke and in debt as a result of the tour with Ike. She agreed to pay it all back, and had no cash money, which is why she started touring with Rock n Roll people like Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, and the rest. It turned out to be a very savvy move, and since they had already copped her style, worshiped her as a singer, and those of early Blues/R&B guys it worked. I mean the Rolling Stones still do it, they are on the road.

I won’t be going to see her, even now, I’ll get the cliffs. But you enjoy your Bey concert 30 years into the future.

lmao I hope the "Everybody Mad" dance break doesn't follow us into 2049 but I support artists making money for as long as there's money to be made. that was my only point.

GiftFromGawd

Team Buster
Reaction score
Reactions
1,964 98 34
Alleybux
Because she can carry the notes, but she has a very nasal voice, that is irritating over an extended time. Also her R&B popish songs are not that deep, interesting or complex (but she makes money as songwriter, and producer). However she is a hard working performer, and her delivery is better than almost anyone out there (MJ did it best), as long as she keeps moving, keeps a lot of people onstage, brings fireworks, wind machines, marching bands, holograms, and any other shiney objects to keep your mind engaged.

Singers like Whitney have great voices and can mesmerize you with that alone. So until she completely broke down, that was all she needed to do is sing.

I understand what you're saying completely. However, I guess I was looking at her fanbase, specifically. From a singer's perspective, yes, she does not have the best voice and she cannot do extensive singing like Whitney, for example, for long periods of time since she possesses a lighter voice.

I didn't realize that she made money as a producer. Songwriter, yes, but I never knew about her as a producer.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom