Quantcast

Sometimes God breaks your heart to save your soul?

AbenaSika

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
This happened to be many times with the same person.. God showed me multiple signs that he wasn't the one.. kept ignoring. The heartbreak afterwards was super painful but the after realization and lesson was better. I would have been on a wrong path with that relationship so I am thankful in the end

Reaction score
Reactions
5,917 206 110
Alleybux
Big facts.

And while it hurt it was nothing compared to what I would’ve felt had I stayed in that situation.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
True? Experiences?
Or sometimes you make bad decisions and they don’t go the way you want and then your heart broken

The Bible clearly states,

as do most religions,

that we all have free will and we all have to make choices and live with the consequences of those choices

G-d is not sitting around plotting to change your mind about anything.

If you don’t want to get up off your ass

open your eyes and

see what’s in front of you,

you will continue to learn the hard way over and over and over again

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Please take responsibility for your bad decisions and

stop blaming other people or entities

High Horse

Wit Suga Zaddy Bezos
Reaction score
Reactions
112,122 5,517 2,126
Alleybux
Right. There's currently a confessional about a dummy going broke because she was giving all her money to church. Then gon say... well god made me realize thats my tithe and he will reward me for saving that for myself. These people are so braindead. No common sense nowhere.

Please take responsibility for your bad decisions and

stop blaming other people or entities

O.o

Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Right. There's currently a confessional about a dummy going broke because she was giving all her money to church. Then gon say... well god made me realize thats my tithe and he will reward me for saving that for myself. These people are so braindead. No common sense nowhere.
Exactly. Number one the tithe was never about money.

It was about feeding the Levitical priests.

There are no more people in the Levitical priesthood to feed.

But let’s not bother with the actual Bible though.

I’m glad that you are not letting them take advantage of you.

Diana Hunter

戴安娜·亨特
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
412,514 20,199 4,942
Alleybux
I've had it broken several times but it's made me a stronger person. My ex saying nasty things about me. Because I finally left him and him leaving harassing messages saying no one else would want me.

TruthSpoken

I’m honest and they hate it.
Reaction score
Reactions
254,283 12,048 12,888
Alleybux

I said the same thing in the TD Jakes thread. I don’t understand why people believe God wants you to give your hard earned money to a millionaire preacher while struggling to pay your bills.

GoldSunRaye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,678 631 237
Alleybux
I don't think God has ever broken my heart, (though we may momentarily blame him in the moment). But, he will use a situation like heart break to chastise and teach you, when it comes to romantic relationships. He is a loving father, he shows both love and discipline.

Proverbs 2 verse 12: 'For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.'

Hebrews 12 verse 6: 'For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.'

God gives us free will and usually when we ignore his little warnings about someone, because we're lonely or they've flattered us, that's where the heartbreak comes in. God has always prevented me entering the wrong relationships, but not without me getting a preview of why it was wrong in the first place. Even heartbreak works for our good, when you love God.

Romans 8 verse 28: 'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose'.

This doesn't mean to live recklessly with your love life and expect God to fix it all.

Proverbs 4 verse 23:'Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.'

I've learned to hearken to his voice, sooner rather than later. Not to ignore little red flags, or my instincts, because that's often where God is speaking to you.

And heartbreak has taught me what I want and don't want in a relationship.When it comes to heartbreak though, whether in romantic relationships, platonic relationships ect. God is close to the broken hearted and those of a contrite spirit (Psalm 34 verse 18). He will comfort you and help you get past it.

CerebralRecess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,381 1,793 1,103
Alleybux
God/The Universe isn’t in the business of breaking folks. It’s in the business of refining folks. Depending on one’s ability to assess a situation as not being a personal attack will determine how solid you come out of a situation. Nothing is ever a simple A to B transition/correlation.

BronzeCoCo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,127 333 74
Alleybux
I'm still in the process of it all so I'm still unsure about certain aspects of it. I sometimes feel so dark and cold but then again I do feel my empathy creeping back. I've been so numb and out of touch with it after being around certain people. I can say I am starting to see why it all had to happen. I had to shed a lot of my old self and that wasn't going to happen where I was mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.