Quantcast

Sony is putting out the unreleased Welcone To America from 2012

Raspberryberet7

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
495 6 2
Alleybux
I hope both. I’m most interested in the Piano and Microphone Tour- (unedited video and audio). He was raw and candid. Can’t wait for it. It’s been long overdue.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
I've been waiting for this album 4 like 4ever. I was a frequent guest at the "21 Nite Stand" @ The Forum & was TOTALLY in awe of Prince Rogers Nelson's(r.i.p.) newly unveiled cut six-pack body. 2 b able 2 take friends that never experienced him live 4 only $25 was an added treat.

princethought.jpg

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
I wonder about the quality or if he just could not get a distrubution deal for it. I will not take Morris's word because he was a co-producer on the project and he is looking for a check.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,236 106 37
Alleybux
I wonder about the quality or if he just could not get a distrubution deal for it. I will not take Morris's word because he was a co-producer on the project and he is looking for a check.
Maybe he thought the 20Ten album was better as a release at the time.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
Maybe he thought the 20Ten album was better as a release at the time.
Well 20Ten was put out via the paper so I think he might of had trouble getting the distribution from the record companies. I do not expect pectoral anyone who was around to be honest about music industry hi-kinks. Morris cannot even be honest about the last time he was around Prince

Reaction score
Reactions
1,236 106 37
Alleybux
Well 20Ten was put out via the paper so I think he might of had trouble getting the distribution from the record companies. I do not expect pectoral anyone who was around to be honest about music industry hi-kinks. Morris cannot even be honest about the last time he was around Prince
I don't think Morris produced this album.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
I wish they would promote the Truth album like they do this one. I don't mind the Welcome 2 America song but I think it is a poor choice to suck people in . Its too minimalist and Prince's musical abilities are not the focus.

Of course, half the folks on Prince. org don't like it. they think it's conservative conspiracy theory paranoid Prince.. I actually don't think they are willing to see nuance, conflicts and complexities in Prince's viewpoints. . Mostly what's in the song are concerns most people have to at least some degree. Prince feel it more severely but these are not unreasonable concerns. There is misinformation out there, algorithms on our cell phones do follow our spending and search habits and keep an eye on us, women do struggle getting high paying jobs and often work for the state (in other words as teachers, in offices, at the DMV), the government does slip in additional taxes on cigarettes (making poorer people with nicotine habits pick up the tab to some degree) while claiming that taxes aren't being raised (for some folks they are). xes tapes do make folks famous. The golden parachute does exist. Nationalism is an ugly thing sometimes (I think its funny that prince's original America states that NOT pledging allegiance to the flag will ruin a kid. Here he seems to be saying that kids are being taught that the US is the center of the earth or the universe and implying that's why the educational system is failing. When he says "Its in the book". the women sing back questions to criticize his statement. He never says what book he is talking about (many assume its the Bible...probably is but even he acknowledges that other viewpoints are valid by allowing the women to sing them) Monopolies do suck and need to be crushed. Truth can be hard to find. Change does take forever. None of these are unreasonable or crazy frustrations.

Last edited:

JDsCheekbone

Princes hazel eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
5,438 366 83
Alleybux
I wish they would promote the Truth album like they do this one. I don't mind the Welcome 2 America song but I think it is a poor choice to suck people in . Its too minimalist and Prince's musical abilities are not the focus.

Of course, half the folks on Prince. org don't like it. they think it's conservative conspiracy theory paranoid Prince.. I actually don't think they are willing to see nuance, conflicts and complexities in Prince's viewpoints. . Mostly what's in the song are concerns most people have to at least some degree. Prince feel it more severely but these are not unreasonable concerns. There is misinformation out there, algorithms on our cell phones do follow our spending and search habits and keep an eye on us, women do struggle getting high paying jobs and often work for the state (in other words as teachers, in offices, at the DMV), the government does slip in additional taxes on cigarettes (making poorer people with nicotine habits pick up the tab to some degree) while claiming that taxes aren't being raised (for some folks they are). xes tapes do make folks famous. The golden parachute does exist. Nationalism is an ugly thing sometimes (I think its funny that prince's original America states that NOT pledging allegiance to the flag will ruin a kid. Here he seems to be saying that kids are being taught that the US is the center of the earth or the universe and implying that's why the educational system is failing. When he says "Its in the book". the women sing back questions to criticize his statement. He never says what book he is talking about (many assume its the Bible...probably is but even he acknowledges that other viewpoints are valid by allowing the women to sing them) Monopolies do suck and need to be crushed. Truth can be hard to find. Change does take forever. None of these are unreasonable or crazy frustrations.
Who cares what the racists cesspool prince.org thinks, the song is awesome

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux

1618011568259.png

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
He co produced it and I remember him carrying on about how he was hoped it would come out one day.
We will see if he gets as much heat as Josh for his production skills.
MH ghost/wrote Prince's haunting ballad "Dark". So his producing skills are self explanatory.

Last edited:

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
MH ghost/wrote/produced Prince's haunting ballad "Dark". So his producing skills are self explanatory.
Does not mean he will not get blow back. I have always been a bit surprised at his inability to join another band or produce anything since he left Prince in 2012.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
How do you know that? So Prince did nothing on that song according to you? I find that hard to believe.
I didn't say Prince(r.i.p) did nothing. He added his haunting, double layered vocals & turned it in2 a COMPLETE mAsTeRpIeCe!
But it was over MH's haunting gospel keyboard chords.

BTW: I know everything!

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
I didn't say Prince(r.i.p) did nothing. He added his haunting, double layered vocals & turned it in2 a COMPLETE mAsTeRpIeCe!
But it was over MH's haunting gospel keyboard chords.

BTW: I know everything!

keyboard chord changes do not make up a melody (I believe I know what chords you are talking about...its like a repeated keyboard riff in the background) But, you implied that Morris ghost-wrote it (which implies that Prince didn't write any part of it.) Who wrote the lyrical melody...Last time I checked, Dark was not a spoken word performance with a haunting keyboard chords to accompany it. I will assume Prince wrote the notes he is singing since you just described Morris' contribution as haunting keyboard chords that prince put his vocals over the top of.. I am all for people getting some credit but the way you described the composition of that song, you made it sound like he was just a singer on a Morris Hayes composed song. If Prince wrote the notes he is singing and the lyrics, then he basically wrote the song due to the fact that one that sing Dark without the haunting keyboard chords. Morris's work has more to do with production and is basically a springboard for Prince to compose a vocal melody to. (so yes, the man can produce but let's not act like Prince is just another pop singer singing a song written by someone else.)

And BTW, since you never actual met Prince, I doubt you know EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
Does not mean he will not get blow back. I have always been a bit surprised at his inability to join another band or produce anything since he left Prince in 2012.
He's not the the only one. The industry has so many producers that only a few are let in. Many have from the Purple Kingdom like Andre, Jesse, Monte Moir, Jellybean & of course JJ & TL.
MH is in the NPG band.
keyboard chord changes do not make up a melody. You implied that Morris ghost-wrote it. Who wrote the lyrical melody...because last time I checked, Dark was not a spoken word performance with a haunting keyboard chords to accompany it. Why do folks keep leaving out the notes that are sung with those lyrics as part of the composition.
I guess U can't read today. Sonny & Michael B use to say Prince(r.i.p.) would come in and listen to their rhythm section in rehearsals & take it and make it in2 his own song. Same thing here with Morris's haunting keyboard chords. That Prince(r.i.p.) made in2 a whole song. It's still Prince's(r.i.p.) of course composition with his added vocals that he brilliantly & vocally arranged and wrote.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
He's not the the only one. The industry has so many producers that only a few are let in. Many have from the Purple Kingdom like Andre, Jesse, Monte Moir, Jellybean & of course JJ & TL.
MH is in the NPG band.

I guess U can't read today. Sonny & Michael B use to say Prince(r.i.p.) would come in and listen to their rhythm section in rehearsals & take it and make it in2 his own song. Same thing here with Morris's haunting keyboard chords. That Prince(r.i.p.) made in2 a whole song. It's still Prince's(r.i.p.) of course composition with his added vocals that he brilliantly & vocally arranged and wrote.
You need to knock it off. In order to get credit for your work you need to have a written agreement, set up your own publishing and not sign contracts telling you will not have rights or share in profits. Riffing or humming is not going to get you credit. Jimmy am Terry know this because after all did they not say they took the same music business class that Prince took? In addition, there are people who worked at Flyte Tyme who complained about being ripped off. Jimmie and Terry were sued twice for ripping people off.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
MH is in the NPG band.

I can read. YOU WERE VAGUE. Ghostwriting means someone else wrote a song for you. Go back and read your original post. You said nothing about Prince composing the notes to those vocals or any other musical element he might have contributed. Laying down vocals simply means SINGING them..someone else still could have composed them.

Also, I know about Prince's reversed approach to production. Basic production elements like rhythm sections in rehearsal being used as production for Prince's composed melodies based on them...IT is still production even if it is in reverse. It is a springboard like I described earlier.
I am a nitpicker about this for a good reason. When Prince came out and said that Lisa composed the harpsichord part of Raspberry Beret, wendy and Lisa stans were all on Prince.org saying "I told you they wrote Raspberry Beret." That's some bµllsh!t. The song can be song without the harpsichord part because his lyrics have a melody attached to them composed by him. During Lovesexy, he sang it without the harpsichord riff and it was still Raspberry Beret. Production is what we are talking about. And since Prince was involved in all stages of production, he would at least have to be seen as a co-producer, even on this new album, he was said to have eliminated production elements and that is also a form of production as well. I would argue that almost every song including Kiss, Mountains and Sometimes It Snows in April was written by Prince. What those folks deserved some credit for was co-producing. Power Fantastic might musically be more of W and L because his vocals echo LIsa's chords almost entirely. And I bet Large Room with no light contains their notes in the chorus and his in the verses he sang.

Last edited:

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
You need to knock it off. In order to get credit for your work you need to have a written agreement, set up your own publishing and not sign contracts telling you will not have rights or share in profits. Riffing or humming is not going to get you credit. Jimmy am Terry know this because after all did they not say they took the same music business class that Prince took? In addition, there are people who worked at Flyte Tyme who complained about being ripped off. Jimmie and Terry were sued twice for ripping people off.
I don't need to be told and schooled about the MUZIQ industry boo boo. Also don't tell me to "knock it off" like I'm a child. EVERY successful composer has been sued & accused of "ripping off" someone even Prince(r.i.p.).
Tell me something I don't know.
I can read. YOU ARE VAGUE. Ghostwriting means someone else wrote a song for you. Go back and read your original post. You said nothing about Prince composing the notes to those vocals or any other musical element choices he might have made. Laying down vocals simply means SINGING them..someone else still could have composed them.

Also, I know about Prince's reversed approach to production. Basic production elements like rhythm sections in rehearsal being used as production for Prince's composed melodies based on them...IT is still production even if it is in reverse. It is a springboard like I described earlier.
I am a nitpicker about this for a good reason. When Prince came out and said that Lisa composed the harpischord part of Raspberry Beret, wendy and Lisa stans were all on Prince.org saying "I told you they wrote Raspberry Beret." That's some bµllsh!t. The song can be song without the harpischord part because his lyrics have a melody attached to them composed by him. During Lovesexy, he sang it without the harpischord riff and it was still Raspberry Beret. Production is what we are talking about. And since Prince involved in all stages of production, he would at least have to be seen as a co-producer, even on this new album, he was said to have eliminated production elements and that is also a form of production as well.

I'm not taking away from Prince(r.i.p.) as a composer. I'm sorry YES I meant also that Prince(r.i.p.) wrote & composed the lyrics also like only he can. I still feel "Dark" is his song.
Please don't bring Wendy & Lisa in2 this. We know they wrote EVERYTHING when they were in The Revolution! NONE of the songs they played on were Prince's(r.i.p.) compositions originally only themselves.

KNubhba.jpg

Last edited:

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
I don't need to be told and schooled about the MUZIQ industry boo boo. Also don't tell me to "knock it off" like I'm a child. EVERY successful composer has been sued & accused of "ripping off" someone even Prince(r.i.p.).

I'm not taking away from Prince(r.i.p.) as a composer. I'm sorry YES I meant also that Prince(r.i.p.) wrote & composed the lyrics also like only he can. I still feel "Dark" is his song.
Please don't bring Wendy & Lisa in2 this. We know they wrote EVERYTHING when they were in The Revolution! NONE of the songs they played on were Prince's(r.i.p.) compositions originally only themselves.

Okay, I hear you there. I was watching an interview with Eric Leeds, Dr. Fink and Atlanta Bliss (by the way Bliss seems like the sweetest man imaginable.) Anyhow, Atlanta Bliss innocently said "Isn't Mountains Wendy and Lisa's music?" To which, Dr. Fink said "They came up with the groove." Later, Bliss asked Leeds if he wrote the horn section. To which Leeds said to his credit, "that was Prince." I also read that Prince wrote the coda at the end as well. So, Prince wrote the lyrics, may have written the melody to those lyrics (at least in the fast paced verses of the song) based on W and L's chord changes, the ladies wrote the drum part [which actually sounds a bit like Dance Electric..], some other instrumentation, chord changes, possible notes for the chorus Prince wrote the coda and Prince wrote the horns. But somehow, that is Wendy and Lisa's music entirely and Prince just wrote lyrics. LOL. I really would love to hear their original demo before Prince tinkered and wrote lyrics, horn sections, codas and possibly a completed vocal melody to it.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
Okay, I hear you there. I was watching an interview with Eric Leeds, Dr. Fink and Atlanta Bliss (by the way Bliss seems like the sweetest man imaginable.) Anyhow, Atlanta Bliss innocently said "Isn't Mountains Wendy and Lisa's music?" To which, Dr. Fink said "They came up with the groove." Later, Bliss asked Leeds if he wrote the horn section. To which Leeds said to his credit, "that was Prince." I also read that Prince wrote the coda at the end as well. So, Prince wrote the lyrics, may have written the melody to those lyrics (at least in the fast paced verses of the song) based on W and L's chord changes, the ladies wrote the drum part [which actually sounds a bit like Dance Electric..], some other instrumentation, chord changes, possible notes for the chorus Prince wrote the coda and Prince wrote the horns. But somehow, that is Wendy and Lisa's music entirely and Prince just wrote lyrics. LOL. I really would love to hear their original demo before Prince tinkered and wrote lyrics, horn sections, codas and possibly a completed vocal melody to it.
I actually feel that's why Prince(r.i.p.) REALLY broke up The Revolution. Because he felt Purple Rain gave them an entitlement that he felt they didn't deserve. Like Tyka said Prince(r.i.p.) didn't need a band only because he couldn't play everything at the same time.
Prince(r.i.p.) proved once and for all with SOTT that he was STILL a ONE-MAN-BAND like he started out.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,407 1,791 2,496
Alleybux

Please don't bring Wendy & Lisa in2 this. We know they wrote EVERYTHING when they were in The Revolution! NONE of the songs they played on were Prince's(r.i.p.) compositions originally only..
If you know about the entertainment industry then you know that humming some tune or riffing is not the way to get credit for intellectual property and quite frankly since some of these associates signed away their rights to share in the profits and then continued to work for the awful Prince Or turned around and did the same thing to someone else.
The reason you get spoken to like a child is your like of response with critical thinking. You know some of those associates are just not talented and you know their best days are behind them and trust they know it as well.
Mountains is such an ode to EWF.

lovinlace

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,584 92 20
Alleybux
I can read. YOU WERE VAGUE. Ghostwriting means someone else wrote a song for you. Go back and read your original post. You said nothing about Prince composing the notes to those vocals or any other musical element he might have contributed. Laying down vocals simply means SINGING them..someone else still could have composed them.

I am a nitpicker about this for a good reason. When Prince came out and said that Lisa composed the harpsichord part of Raspberry Beret, wendy and Lisa stans were all on Prince.org saying "I told you they wrote Raspberry Beret." That's some bµllsh!t. The song can be song without the harpsichord part because his lyrics have a melody attached to them composed by him. During Lovesexy, he sang it without the harpsichord riff and it was still Raspberry Beret. Production is what we are talking about. And since Prince was involved in all stages of production, he would at least have to be seen as a co-producer, even on this new album, he was said to have eliminated production elements and that is also a form of production as well. I would argue that almost every song including Kiss, Mountains and Sometimes It Snows in April was written by Prince. What those folks deserved some credit for was co-producing. Power Fantastic might musically be more of W and L because his vocals echo LIsa's chords almost entirely. And I bet Large Room with no light contains their notes in the chorus and his in the verses he sang.
SISIA was written by Prince but he gave credit to WL isl don’t remember which associate said that and said they hear original demo in 78.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
If you know about the entertainment industry then you know that humming some tune or riffing is not the way to get credit for intellectual property and quite frankly since some of these associates signed away their rights to share in the profits and then continued to work for the awful Prince Or turned around and did the same thing to someone else.
The reason you get spoken to like a child is your like of response with critical thinking. You know some of those associates are just not talented and you know their best days are behind them and trust they know it as well.

"Mountains is such an ode to EWF."

Now that's ONE thing I agree with U on!

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
SISIA was written by Prince but he gave credit to WL isl don’t remember which associate said that and said they hear original demo in 78.
It was Ruth. But in W and L's defense, they did come up with the opening and the chords he sang the song to in 1986. I think he took a song he had already written and applied to their doodling.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
It was Ruth. But in W and L's defense, they did come up with the opening and the chords he sang the song to in 1986. I think he took a song he had already written and applied to their doodling.
Lol @ "doodling"...
Wow, didn’t know that..and I love that track
Me too! It's Morris's haunting church organ chords.

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux

A video for "Welcom2America" the live version would debut the album and single @ the TOP of the charts!

It would make me SO happy. So is such GREAT news! Morris & Shelby have so much charisma. They would be perfect spokesman for his later work that they were apart of. Since they tell THE TRUTH about their involvement.

Last edited: