Quantcast

Soul =/= Spirit?

MabeI

I remember nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
322 11
Alleybux
Basically what the title says. What’s the difference between the soul and the spirit? I would google but I think I’d get much more nuanced responses here.

Last edited:

cdzoole77

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
527 93 63
Alleybux
Basically what the title says. What’s the difference between the soul and the spirit? I would google but I think I’d get much more nuanced responses here.

also this is my first thread, please go easy...
I think the soul is what actually makes the body alive. Spirits are attached to the soul and can be either good or bad, i.e. the spirit of lust or jealousy.

Verge

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,029 6,346 4,671
Alleybux
To me, the spirit is the metaphysical version of yourself housed inside of your physical body. It's undying and never-ending and in some religious and spiritual circles, it is believed that the spirit can reincarnate in other physical forms after the physical death. The spirit has no age. I would describe the spirit as a light in a lamp (the physical body).

But the soul deals with things like you conscious, your ability to empathize, your ability to love, the ability to tell right from wrong/good and evil, etc. Someone that has "no soul behind their eyes" is described as someone who is violent, lawless, or who might be mentally ill.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom